Martian Tourism and R&R (Invite Only for Non-UMS)

Oncaro

KDS Panther
En route to Orbis IV's Mayan Colony

The crew of the Panther, the namesake of the new Panther-class corvettes, wasn't sure precisely what to expect as they approached Orbis IV. They were going engage in some rest and relaxation, well-deserved shore leave after the harrowing fight against the Naxids-- the largest invasion force any Kressnian had ever encountered, with the Panther having undertaken a dangerous mission to retrieve stranded Bro civilians at the Brotherhood of Planet's gas station above Saturn and deliver them safely back to Orbis III before rejoining the Kressnian Third Fleet and fighting off those damnable bugs.

The decision to go to Orbis IV for R&R had been Commander Anja Milosevic's, as the commanding officer of the Panther. As for why she had specifically chosen the Mayan colony on the planet, that was something the crew had speculated about: Rumors of the luxuries and beauty of Mayan culture in general were among them, as well as simple, sophomoric snickering and joking that the uptight commander had chosen the destination just to see the well-built Mayan men (whom, rumor had it, even the Supreme Leader wasn't immune to, with certain media pundits having seemingly caught on to regarding her interactions with Prince K'inich B'alam).

Still others thought the Commander had taken leave of her senses, because from all they had seen of the Maya, they were barbarians with spaceships: beings that lived only to fight, slaughter, and sacrifice. Why bother visiting people who were utterly antithetical to Kressnian values?

In truth, it was just simple curiosity that drove her to select this part of the planet, after seeing Mayan ships-- effectively enormous works of art in space that dwarfed anything the Kressnians had-- as well as the ferocity with which the Nakbe made landfall in the Americas of Orbis III, despite the fact that they killed many innocents. The Conmander was mostly interested in just seeing what these people were like. That, and she had just never set foot on Mars-- either in BF-1, NS-1, or here. And it was with this in mind that the first dropships carrying the Panther's Naval personnel and Marine company began heading toward the Mayan Martian colony.

Edited by Oncaro

Member of the Union of Multiversal States

"No! I must kill the Karlings" he shouted
The dynasty tree said "No, John. You are the Karlings"
And then John was a cadet branch.

As the Kressnian craft descended to Mayan lands, it would inevitably go within sight of the "Gaurdian of Mars". A 200KM tall, kneeling statue, holding a shield above its head, which projected out a territorial shield over all the Nakbe holding on Orbis IV. Upon the warriors face, was etched a look of grim determination. It was a sight to behold, appearing to be crafted from Jade, Marble, Granite, and bedecked with precious jewels and metals, it gave the look of a true Mayan Warrior from ancient times. It was a testament to the Maya's devotion to the grandeur of artistry, and the projection of all things and actions as something awe inspiring.

The figure stood within eyesight of the Nakbe Colonial City of Chak Lu'um. It was the largest Mayan City in PW-1, and held many of the same splendors of traditional Maya Cities. Situated along the coast of the small peninsula, which expanded into the large lake which the confederations territory surrounded, the city sprawled along the lakeside. In traditional Maya fashion, the first sights for tourists were the myriad of colorful temples, palaces, and other holy places, situated atop pyramids which rose well over the tree line. The Subtropical Rainforest seemed to blend into the cityscape below, to such a degree that one could have trouble telling a patch of untamed jungle from a managed park from the air. Unlike many other places of this level of development in the multiverse, Maya architecture was devoid of skyscrapers and other such tall and unstable structures. Such structures never came about for the Maya, who preferred to keep a traditional and stone carved look to their dwellings.

As the craft descended, and the occupants could take note of the Mayan people going about their daily lives, the sights of everyday life began to take shape. From live cultural performances, to tamed jaguars roaming past street vendors, the city oozed with a cultural farmer's market vibe that etched and embedded itself deep into the cityscapes sights. Along the shoreline, more tourist oriented venues could be seen. There were shops catering to off world goods for those feeling homesick, and docks, featuring large wooden fishing boats, which would offer tourists a traditional Mayan Fishing experience. Large, open topped Holographic Film Stadiums could be seen showing intense Mayan Dramas.

All these sights faded, as the craft touched down in a shoreline port. Upon exiting their craft, and leaving the dock, the tourists would walk down a shore side path, with programmable matter displays along either side. These displays were moving spectacles, showing Mayan Cultural Dances, and hard working artisans perfecting their craft. At the end was an archway which projected out a hologram in the visitors native tongue, "Welcome to the Sacred lands of the Confederation, where all things are of value."

Outside the Archway stood two men. They were local Tour Guides hired on by Anja. While being "older" men, each having past the age of Mayan Retirement from the Military, mandatory service being hundreds of years in duration, neither looked a day over their mid forties. They stood, in traditional garb, a loincloth, and covered in jewelry of precious stones, metals, and gems.  The only other noticeable trait being the myriad of battle scars across their bodies... Like all Senior Mayan men, these tour guides are hardened war veterans, which meant they doubled as security.
Yes, Security Guides, capable of showing her men all the Maya had to offer... Even pleasures of the flesh not privy to many outsiders under normal circumstance. What a bargain!

<span style='font-size: 18px;'><span style='color: #b22222'><span class='bbc_underline'>"<em class='bbc'>We regret that the size of the multiverse has permitted them to exist for so long unchecked."</em></span></span><br />Remember, <em class='bbc'>I'M </em>the New Douche, not the other 7 New Guys. I'm <em class='bbc'>not</em> a Majority.</span><br />rKC4GSg.gif

Arrangements were made in advance.

As such, a single Swallow-Class Transport Barge lifted off from the Arcadian Starport, with the faint but comforting smell of cannabis still clinging to the craft, and hurled off towards Mars.

Onboard the ship there was a particularly privileged individual and his family.  His wife and children sat comfortably around him as he considered his status.

Within allegedly egalitarian societies, one would always find the bourgeois.

Within the Brotherhood, those who became high ranking officials, and their families, tended to have the perks of civil service.

...  Even though the death rate was also significantly higher for such individuals as the Brotherhood, like many other revered regimes, had a Zero Tolerance Policy for that kind of thing.

As the pay was quite good, so too was the decadence.

Charles Shabub, nephew of the Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs Alyssa Shabub, came from a fairly well-off clan.  Their family descended from one of the more wealthy families of the former Galactic Terran Alliance, and as their remnants settled in the Brotherhood they continued to enjoy their wealth.  With many of their family members boasting long experiences among the diplomatic and administrative spheres, they and their descendants continued to find good, well-paying employment.

But Charles in particular was unemployed, unlike his twin brother Allin who happened to be on some backpacking trip on Orbis III or something.

"Darling."  Charles' wife moaned.  "How did you manage to get this trip, anyway?"

"Well, dear."  Charles chuckled.  "My aunt is still quite busy, so she gave me her clearance instead.  I can't wait to meet these people:  I hear they still worship all kinds of Gods!"

"That's so stupid, Daddy!"  His eldest daughter laughed.

The other two children, however, remained silent.  In truth they were not that young:  of the three children the Boy was 16 and his younger sister was already 15.  It was their older, already of age 23 year old sister and their two extremely immature and pampered parents that truly embarrassed them.

"Um, Dad."  The boy spoke.  "You might not want to piss off our hosts."

"Such language!"  Charles scolded.  "Rinse your mouth out, young m-"

"Dylan is right!"  Dylan's younger sister growled.  "We didn't come here to make fun of them.  We came here to see some new place.  Everyone at my school said that very few people actually have a chance to visit the Maya.  If we say something w-"

"Angelica!  Obey your father!"  Charles' wife snapped.

Her younger children quickly closed their mouths.  Surely, these silly adults would not listen.

"I can't wait to see these savages, Daddy.  I'm sure they'd be so amusing!"  The eldest giggled.

"I'll bet, Risa.  I'll bet."  Charles snickered as the ship landed.

Soon, the doors would open, and they would be introduced to their tour guide.  What could possibly happen now?

"The world is a comedy to those that think; a tragedy to those that feel." - Horace Walpole

As the Bro craft lands, there was no movement on the empty landing zone, which was a walled off circular area, with but a singular exit leading to the walkway... Not a single Maya was to be seen, as the hired local guides waited much further away. Wind blew into the landing zone from the exit, as some increasingly impatient Mayan Guides waited outside the Arch, wondering what was taking so long.

• Upvote 1

<span style='font-size: 18px;'><span style='color: #b22222'><span class='bbc_underline'>"<em class='bbc'>We regret that the size of the multiverse has permitted them to exist for so long unchecked."</em></span></span><br />Remember, <em class='bbc'>I'M </em>the New Douche, not the other 7 New Guys. I'm <em class='bbc'>not</em> a Majority.</span><br />rKC4GSg.gif

As the Kressnian craft descended to Mayan lands, it would inevitably go within sight of the "Gaurdian of Mars". A 200KM tall, kneeling statue, holding a shield above its head, which projected out a territorial shield over all the Nakbe holding on Orbis IV. Upon the warriors face, was etched a look of grim determination. It was a sight to behold, appearing to be crafted from Jade, Marble, Granite, and bedecked with precious jewels and metals, it gave the look of a true Mayan Warrior from ancient times. It was a testament to the Maya's devotion to the grandeur of artistry, and the projection of all things and actions as something awe inspiring.

The figure stood within eyesight of the Nakbe Colonial City of Chak Lu'um. It was the largest Mayan City in PW-1, and held many of the same splendors of traditional Maya Cities. Situated along the coast of the small peninsula, which expanded into the large lake which the confederations territory surrounded, the city sprawled along the lakeside. In traditional Maya fashion, the first sights for tourists were the myriad of colorful temples, palaces, and other holy places, situated atop pyramids which rose well over the tree line. The Subtropical Rainforest seemed to blend into the cityscape below, to such a degree that one could have trouble telling a patch of untamed jungle from a managed park from the air. Unlike many other places of this level of development in the multiverse, Maya architecture was devoid of skyscrapers and other such tall and unstable structures. Such structures never came about for the Maya, who preferred to keep a traditional and stone carved look to their dwellings.

As the craft descended, and the occupants could take note of the Mayan people going about their daily lives, the sights of everyday life began to take shape. From live cultural performances, to tamed jaguars roaming past street vendors, the city oozed with a cultural farmer's market vibe that etched and embedded itself deep into the cityscapes sights. Along the shoreline, more tourist oriented venues could be seen. There were shops catering to off world goods for those feeling homesick, and docks, featuring large wooden fishing boats, which would offer tourists a traditional Mayan Fishing experience. Large, open topped Holographic Film Stadiums could be seen showing intense Mayan Dramas.

All these sights faded, as the craft touched down in a shoreline port. Upon exiting their craft, and leaving the dock, the tourists would walk down a shore side path, with programmable matter displays along either side. These displays were moving spectacles, showing Mayan Cultural Dances, and hard working artisans perfecting their craft. At the end was an archway which projected out a hologram in the visitors native tongue, "Welcome to the Sacred lands of the Confederation, where all things are of value."

-snip-

As the Bro craft lands, there was no movement on the empty landing zone, which was a walled off circular area, with but a singular exit leading to the walkway... Not a single Maya was to be seen, as the hired local guides waited much further away. Wind blew into the landing zone from the exit, as some increasingly impatient Mayan Guides waited outside the Arch, wondering what was taking so long.

"Dad..."  Angelica called out as she stared through the nearest window.

Charles tapped his foot impatiently, having not left his seat.  "Why are they taking so long?"

"I've heard that third world countries are very disorganized, but Mayans are Yoo Em S members or something, aren't they?"  His wife mumbled.

"Daddy..."  Angelica spoke louder.

Dylan stared into one of the windows too.  "Dad!"  He called.  "There's nobody there!"

"That's so rude of them!"  Risa huffed.

Charles scoffed.  "Well, I never!  Let's move along then."

His wife took the younger children by the hand, while Risa suspiciously hooked her arm through her father's and pulled him close.

The five of them strolled along, until they came across the Guardian of Mars.

it gave the look of a true Mayan Warrior from ancient times.

Charles' wife eyed the statue suspiciously.  "Well!  That certainly explains a lot.  They'd display this clear advertisement of barbarism for the universe to see."

Dylan and Angelica stood silent, wide eyed as Risa laughed at her mother's joke.

Eventually, they came to the end of the walkway, where they were greeted by the hologram proclaiming that all things were of value here.

Risa nearly burst out laughing when she saw the Mayan tour guide, but tried her best to control herself as Charles nodded.  "Well, you're finally here.  We've-"

Dylan was quick to take over.  "Hello there, sir.  I hope you didn't wait long.  My mother and father are used to valet treatment, you know...  Sorry for the delay!"

His parents gave him murderous looks as both Dylan and Angelica looked up hopefully, and perhaps somewhat pleadingly, at the Mayan tour guide.

Edited by Shex

"The world is a comedy to those that think; a tragedy to those that feel." - Horace Walpole

The guide, an Ethnic Nahua going on his 1231st year of life, and decorated war veteran of 23 Civil Wars, became rigid with irritation at the stifled chuckle of the ignorant Outlanders... Luckily for Charles, his children interrupted and showed the heavily scarred veteran due respect. Meeting the young childrens gaze, not knowing what "valet tretment" truly entailed, but recognizing their desperation, he centered himself with the reminder of how many cultural artifacts he had been given for this task.

He took in a sharp inhale, before speaking rather defeatedly. "The wait was not too long on my part. We don't have valets culture here, that I am aware of..." He took the briefest of pauses, before continuing, as to avoid being interrupted by the foolish adults. "I thought I had made mention that we would meet by the archway, as Maya are not allowed in the international docks unless on law enforcement business. At any rate, is there any place your parents wished to go in particular, little ones?" He inquired, letting out the best smile he could muster for the tactful youths.. Which still reeked of discomfort about the situation he was tasked with.

I can only hope these fools don't get themselves killed. He thought to himself.

Edited by The Sacred Lights
  • Upvote 1

To say that the Mayan city of Chak Lu'um wasn't what any of the crew of the Panther had expected would be an understatement; the numerous dropships coming from the corvette to offload the majority of the crew didn't possess windows apart from the cockpit, but the loading ramps were opens as the pilots flew at a calm, leisurely pace; there wasn't any rush, and this allowed the crewmen and women to catch sight of what was awaiting them in the city, and there was plenty of pleasantly surprised conversation to be had.

Commander Milosevic herself was among the first to set foot in the port, alongside much of her bridge crew, as the other dropships disembarked. Dressed casually for Naval personnel, all unarmed, this particular group was led by the commander toward the archway before the others, and approached the two guides.

"Greetings," the commander said, putting her hands behind her back. "I am Commander Anja Milosevic; I take it you two are my group's tour guides. It's an honor to be here," she said, giving them a respectful bow of her head. "You have my word that my men will behave themselves. The rest of them will be coming in groups of their own."

Edited by Oncaro

Charles' wife examined the specimen standing before her.  He was fairly tall and fit, with a certainly mighty appearance, but something seemed strange.

"You didn't have to greet us in authentic attire.  Your employers probably expect that from you, but surely you'd find something else more comfortable."  She purred.

"At any rate."  Charles spoke, straightening his back.  "We would like to witness some of those famed cultural dances of yours.  I hear they something to do with your faiths?"  There was a slight emphasis on that last 's.'

Risa continued to snicker softly at the mention of comfortable and cultural, but for a moment she realized the implications of this lack of decorum and quickly straightened herself.

"Eztli's clients are all going to die." Kabil declared, bursting into laughter at the Nahua Veteran's predicament. "I hope our outlanders are more-" Kabil was swiftly interrupted by a stern hand on his shoulder. His partner, Taavi, a fellow Mayan War Vet and centuries long Comrade was quick to get his attention. With a simple upwards nod, he motioned Kabil's gaze towards the approaching Kressnian Troops. "They left their weapons" Taavi stated under his breath, so that only the two men could hear the remark, as the commander greeted them.

Kabil smiled, taking a loose and welcoming posture and accompanied gestures. "Welcome-" for but the briefest moment he paused, trying to remember if the Kressnians found surname of given name addressable as more proper. In but the smallest fraction of an instant, the quick witted man decided to wing it. "-Commander. It is nice to see fellow warriors." He said, patting his chest lightly with his left hand, drawing attention to a significant scar above his solar plexus. The scar seemed surreal, as if it was made by a wound that should have killed the man, if not at least left him paralyzed to some degree. "I am Kabil, and this is Taavi... Did your men, have anywhere they wished to visit first?" He asked, before motioning to the beach front behind him with his head as he continued. "If not, I have a few suggestions."

While Kabil greeted and talked, Taavi couldn't help but eye up the 'warriors' suspiciously. They did not seem too scarred, or too powerful in their stride. Additionally, they came to the colony while leaving weapons behind, despite their being very few weapons laws in Confederate lands. His face showed clear doubt, and contemplation, as he sized up the approaching Kressnians... Wondering to himself how many he could take on his own.
_

Eztli heard not only the shrewd woman's laughter, but that of the Maya off to his right. Between that ,and the onslaught of ignorant comments and veiled insults coming from the silver spoon brotherhood elites, was enough to cause the calm demeanor of the man to crack in the most subtle of ways... He clenched his right first together so tightly, that and audible series of cracks could be heard. Luckily, or perhaps unluckily, it was unlikely that the problematic Brotherhood Tourists could heard anything over the sounds of their own deafening smugness.

"It is not a-" the man inhaled in a sense of defeat, before continuing on the exhale "-costume. It is how we dress." Releasing the rest of his breath in a sigh, before correcting Charles. "And we do not have faiths, we have one faith, one truth... It is true that many of our dances are tied to it, but that is because we hold most things to be sacred." He paused, reigning in his almost enthusiastic desire to teach the ways of his people. Realizing that, while many tourists would find it interesting, if not enlightening, his breath would likely be lost on these people. The pause was brief, but he turned his gaze to the young lad Dylan, before continuing with what he intended to say... Now regaining his somewhat defeated tone. "Or perhaps it is more accurate to say that we prefer to sanctify all that we do in our lives."

The veteran forced a smile and polite tone, before answering to Charles request. "If you wish to see that aspect of our culture, come this way..." He said, bowing, before turning and leading the family deeper into the city. It was a bit of a walk, perhaps 15 to 20 minutes, past many of the food stands, and local markets. One of which was a Shaman's Market, displaying a wide array of ceremonial tools, and spiritual ingredients. Such markets often had a unique form of food takeout, which combined animal sacrifice and shamanic cooking into the meal.

As the group reached their destination, Eztli tried his best to ignore the no doubt myriad of grumbling coming from the adults about the distance of the walk... As if it was even half a work out. He motioned the Family towards a dance that had just started, detailing the many stages of the creation of man, as he prayed to the gods that these fools would keep their disrespect to themselves... Looking around the area, he noticed many young warriors on patrol, no doubt hotheaded and eager to pick a fight and prove themselves. He could only take solace in the language barrier at this point.

Edited by The Sacred Lights
  • Upvote 1

Anita looked out of the view port into the deep darkness of space, in the center of her vision sat Orbis IV, the planet had been the location for the Galaxy’s biggest brawl and it sure could be seen. Her eyes were drawn to the huge scorched hulks which drifted in the distance, they once had been Triskel’s largest and most powerful warships, now they were floating lifeless in space, waiting to be salvaged, for a moment her mind fell onto the thoughts of the men and women that served upon the beasts, they would have stood no chance in the vacuum of space, which is why she preferred to have her boots on firmly on the ground.

The transport passed new and reinforced Triskeli positions which surrounded the planet, like a ring of steel the new defense stations engulfed the planet against possible invaders. Anita could feel the chip in the back of her spine tingle as the vessels scanned the civilian transport, she sensed that the fleet had bulked up their weapon systems after what had been an embarrassing duel for them over Orbis IV.

After what felt like forever the transport passed by the blockade and was in lower orbit speeding towards the Mayan sector of the planet. In the distance, she spotted a gigantic statue in the form of a warrior holding a shield, which also appeared to double as a shield generator for the entire sector. It was an amusing thought that the Triskeli would never have thought to use such a design, they were also thinking about how and item worked and not how it looked, something that she would likely appreciate about the Mayan people.

Her eyes then fell upon the large city which sprawled across a peninsula, the city itself was awe inspiring in its beauty, from the individual temples to the houses which were situated as far as the eye could see. She would make sure to spend her time exploring this city before going back to Orbis proper and resuming her duties.

Several minutes passed and the transport touched down at a landing zone and Anita made sure that she was the first at the nearest exit. She found that she was a lot taller than the other Triskeli traveling with her, it was the clearest indication of her job role, due to the augmentations preformed upon her to become a shock trooper, she no looked fit in with nonmilitary Triskeli, both mentally and physically.

The ramp lowered and she sauntered out, her ornate robes rapped firmly around her as she descended. It felt different to be out of her magnetized under suit which she normally would wear day to day, however all she wore now was the robes around her body, it was time to relax.

Edited by TheGrandTriskelionEmpire

Anja and her crew were momentarily distracted by the sight of what looked like a small family-- likely from the Brotherhood, Anja figured-- who seemed to be having a good time at the expense of their guide. Wrinkling her nose slightly in distaste at this, she turned back to Kabil, giving a slight smile of her own, before looking to the scar across his body. Such a thing should have led to death, surely? At least it would for even the toughest Kressnian. Death or permanent disability, definitely, though she supposed that if dealt with high-quality medical equipment there might be tissue, nerve and organ regrowth... but unfortunately that wasn't possible for most Kressnians to afford, and even the military didn't have unlimited access to such measures.

God in Heaven... she found herself thinking, before she looked back up to Kabil. For a figure that no doubt had seen more combat than any living Kressnian several times over, he was surprisingly at ease.

"We don't exactly have anywhere in particular we'd like to go-- this is our crew's first interaction with the Maya," the commander said to Kabil and Taavi. "I'm sure we'd all greatly appreciate your guidance."

Glancing to Taavi's expression briefly, she focused on him next. Her cool blue eyes might not have held a warrior's fiery gaze, but the steeliness in them was one of a woman used to her rank and who and what it made her responsible for.

"Is there something you're having trouble with, sir? I assure you, we won't be like--" she made a motion of her head over to the suffering Eztli's group, "-- those visitors, if that is what worries you."

Edited by Oncaro
  • Upvote 1

"Eztli's clients are all going to die." Kabil declared, bursting into laughter at the Nahua Veteran's predicament. "I hope our outlanders are more-" Kabil was swiftly interrupted by a stern hand on his shoulder. His partner, Taavi, a fellow Mayan War Vet and centuries long Comrade was quick to get his attention. With a simple upwards nod, he motioned Kabil's gaze towards the approaching Kressnian Troops. "They left their weapons" Taavi stated under his breath, so that only the two men could hear the remark, as the commander greeted them.

-snip-

_

Eztli heard not only the shrewd woman's laughter, but that of the Maya off to his right. Between that ,and the onslaught of ignorant comments and veiled insults coming from the silver spoon brotherhood elites, was enough to cause the calm demeanor of the man to crack in the most subtle of ways... He clenched his right first together so tightly, that and audible series of cracks could be heard. Luckily, or perhaps unluckily, it was unlikely that the problematic Brotherhood Tourists could heard anything over the sounds of their own deafening smugness.

"It is not a-" the man inhaled in a sense of defeat, before continuing on the exhale "-costume. It is how we dress." Releasing the rest of his breath in a sigh, before correcting Charles. "And we do not have faiths, we have one faith, one truth... It is true that many of our dances are tied to it, but that is because we hold most things to be sacred." He paused, reigning in his almost enthusiastic desire to teach the ways of his people. Realizing that, while many tourists would find it interesting, if not enlightening, his breath would likely be lost on these people. The pause was brief, but he turned his gaze to the young lad Dylan, before continuing with what he intended to say... Now regaining his somewhat defeated tone. "Or perhaps it is more accurate to say that we prefer to sanctify all that we do in our lives."

The veteran forced a smile and polite tone, before answering to Charles request. "If you wish to see that aspect of our culture, come this way..." He said, bowing, before turning and leading the family deeper into the city. It was a bit of a walk, perhaps 15 to 20 minutes, past many of the food stands, and local markets. One of which was a Shaman's Market, displaying a wide array of ceremonial tools, and spiritual ingredients. Such markets often had a unique form of food takeout, which combined animal sacrifice and shamanic cooking into the meal.

As the group reached their destination, Eztli tried his best to ignore the no doubt myriad of grumbling coming from the adults about the distance of the walk... As if it was even half a work out. He motioned the Family towards a dance that had just started, detailing the many stages of the creation of man, as he prayed to the gods that these fools would keep their disrespect to themselves... Looking around the area, he noticed many young warriors on patrol, no doubt hotheaded and eager to pick a fight and prove themselves. He could only take solace in the language barrier at this point.

Dylan and Angelica were wide eyed with wonder, hanging onto Eztli's every word.  As they walked, both began to eagerly make their inquiries.  "That kind of perspective...  Is real devotion!"  Dylan commented, while Angelica raised her hand as if attending school.  When Eztli turned to address her, she flushed slightly as she lowered it, and asked:  "With this variety of customs, the Mayan faith must be extensive.  Is- Is it polytheistic in nature?  There are various... Outlanders."  The term was rather unfamiliar to her so she pronounced it slowly.  "- Who might misunderstand the faith if that is the case."

Charles, for his part, had little interest in such fantastical notions of Gods or the like.  He was here to take in strange sights!  As such, he removed a pair of binoculars from his person and, making sure that Eztli was busy talking to his children, began to move about, staring at the Mayan civilians as though they were birds.  When Risa tried to follow him, he hushed her.

"Shhhhhhhhh, you can't scare them.  We have to move very carefully."

Charles' wife looked on with amusement as some Mayan citizens began to notice their strange, probably suspicious behavior, and the the use of said binoculars would certainly be confusing.  Why would one use binoculars while looking at a crowd of people?  Unless...

Charles' wife continued to chuckle as some Mayans seemed to respond to Charles and Risa's mysterious behavior.

Edited by Shex

"That's just the way his face is." Kabil declared, rather lightheartedly, while giving Taavi a bit of a glance which caused the younger Veteran to relax his posture a bit. "A sacrifice would be a bad idea, sticking to the beachfront would be wise" Taavi said to Kabil, in an extremely heavy Nakbe Dialect, that few outside the Confederation would truly understand. Taavi was not as well versed in many languages as Kabil. He knew enough Kressnian to pick up on the majority of the speakers meaning, but he did not dare to open his mouth in that tongue if he could avoid it... After all, his specialty was Pordish. Still the many eyes on him caused him to clarify, in rather broken Kressnian, "My speak bad".

Kabil let out a thoughtful sigh, as he contemplated. "Beachfront it is then." He stated, still speaking in Kressnian. Kabil let out an audible hum, before continuing. "Care to see a-" He paused a moment, clearly mulling over the right word to use in his head. Movie? Epic? "-Play? A rather special one is about to start at the grand arena." He said, turning and motioning to a rounded, Colosseum like structure, a mile's walk away. "It is a historical drama, set back before our people graced the stars. S-" Kabil looked to Taavi, inquisitively, as he counted up in Mayan till he reached a number that garnered the reserved man's nod. "-Some Forty Three Thousand years ago?.. How's that sound?" He inquired, smiling and nodding yes at the Kressnians.
_

Iktan arrived as the archway, and observed the other Guides going about their business. Unlike many here, she was not a retired War Veteran with nothing better to do, instead she was a dedicated cultural guide. She waited for some time, seeing Eztli's group depart, as her group made it's way out of the archway. At the head of the Triskeli group was a tall woman, who no doubt already towered over the 5'1 Iktan, even at a distance.
She bowed politely to the outlanders, brushing her  long black hair back as she came out of the bow. "My name is Iktan, I will be your dedicated guide for your stay." She said, her cheerful demeanor lighting up the already bright sunny day. "Unless anyone has developed plans, I was going to start everyone's experience off with a viewing of "The Tragedy of Itzamatul", which will be playing at the Grand Cultural Theater not too long from now." She said, stepping to the left, and motioning to the same structure that Kabil had shown the Kressnians. "Is this suggestion acceptable?" She said, making a very slight bow.
_

Eztli was rather visibly proud, and pleased, at the younger members of the family's interest. "Indeed, we are a Polytheistic people. We have many gods, some of who-" "What are you doing outlander!" Eztli was taken aback by the loud interruption. He turned, and to his frustration saw a hotheaded young warrior grabbing Charles Binoculars. It was a clearly tense situation. The Veteran stepped in immediately, swearing under his breath, putting his body between the youth and his client.

With a deep sigh of frustration, he inquired to the young warrior in the local Dialect. "What is the problem?" The young man scoffed, though with a bit of nervousness. Eztli was a well known war Veteran, and the young man knew he would die of the confrontation went violent. "This outlander is staring at us with these primitive, outlander, looking glasses, and he's acting like we're some kind of animal! It's so obvious, look at him! He's acting like I'm a wild Jaguar!" Eztli turned to his client, the man was cowering behind him, indeed looking like he was hiding from some kind of wild animal rather than a frustrated Nakbe Warrior.

"How did you come to this?" The nervous warrior asked rhetorically, as Eztli let out a sigh. "Look, the Artifacts were priceless. This spoiled, uncultured idiot didn't even realize he was handing over priceless works of art." He put his hand on the younger man's shoulder. "Let it go, eh? This once?" His tone was half defeated, and half pleading, as he looked around at the crowed that had gathered. Even the dancers were, subtly, eying the situation in bafflement.

The hot headed warrior, swallowing his pride and clenching his fist, let out a deep sigh of defeat as he nodded and let out an audible sign of agreement. Eztli turned to his client, with a convincing false smile on. "The lad was confused, he thought you were treating the people like animals." He declared, so that Charles could hopefully understand his Absurd folly, before letting out a false laugh. "That's absurd, right?" He said, nodding to the family, subtly pleading for them to follow along... Unfortunately, subtlety seems something this family was incapable of, outside of their youngest generation. He could only pray to the gods now.

This was Anita’s first holiday not in the Triskeli core worlds, it was a largely different experience and a good one at that. She noticed as one of the tour guided approached them and introduced herself, her eyes were drawn to the cultural dress which was so different from that of Triskeli dress, what stood out most was the contrast between the multi-coloured top which was chock full of colours and her fairly plain but textured blue dress and dark brown belt.

Anita was dressed in a red velvet style robe which barely covered her body, even with this lack of clothing she could still feel the humidity, her body wasn’t used to having to regulate its own temperature, her armour normally took care of such things. Though this was a new feeling of freedom, being able to wear what she wanted. To those looking at her, she would have passed as a normal Triskeli soldier but due to her role she’d had many surgeries to make improve her as a soldier, both her dark blue eyes were in fact synthetic and had a range of abilities and options for her to choose from.

Her long legs were a composite mix of materials to give her strength and durability in the battlefield, being able to lift nearly quadruple what the normal Triskeli would be able to. Finally, her chest had several alterations ranging from synthetic organs and toughened to skin to resist blades. All the while she was able to pass as normal or so she hoped.

“It is pleasure to meet you Itkan, my name is Anita Alexander. I cannot wait to see the show going on at the theater, it would be an amazing opportunity to learn about your culture as I've only read about it before this event†she said in a polite manner while giving a courtesy out of respect.

Edited by TheGrandTriskelionEmpire

"A play?" asked one of Anja's crew: Lieutenant Commander Andrijan Juric, her XO.

"Forty-three thousand years ago?!" asked the Panther's chief navigational officer, Lieutenant Aleksander Knezevic, his eyes wide.

"That's what the man said," Milosevic replied, a hint of amusement in her voice as she glanced back to her visibly surprised and excited crew, then to Kabil. Most of them were already visibly sweating, though the heat and humidity didn't bother the commander nearly as much; she'd grown up in the more temperate Southern Hemisphere of the planet Kressnia, in an area that had a tropical climate. As her family had lived in that region for centuries, they'd grown rather accustomed to it.

"Judging by the reactions of my bridge crew here, I think we're all in agreement that such a play would be very interesting to see. We'd be honored," Milosevic said, giving another respectful bow of her head. "Please, lead the way. Oh, uh, is this in an enclosure? My crew might do well to get out of this humidity."

Edited by Oncaro

-snip-

Eztli was rather visibly proud, and pleased, at the younger members of the family's interest. "Indeed, we are a Polytheistic people. We have many gods, some of who-" "What are you doing outlander!" Eztli was taken aback by the loud interruption. He turned, and to his frustration saw a hotheaded young warrior grabbing Charles Binoculars. It was a clearly tense situation. The Veteran stepped in immediately, swearing under his breath, putting his body between the youth and his client.

With a deep sigh of frustration, he inquired to the young warrior in the local Dialect. "What is the problem?" The young man scoffed, though with a bit of nervousness. Eztli was a well known war Veteran, and the young man knew he would die of the confrontation went violent. "This outlander is staring at us with these primitive, outlander, looking glasses, and he's acting like we're some kind of animal! It's so obvious, look at him! He's acting like I'm a wild Jaguar!" Eztli turned to his client, the man was cowering behind him, indeed looking like he was hiding from some kind of wild animal rather than a frustrated Nakbe Warrior.

"How did you come to this?" The nervous warrior asked rhetorically, as Eztli let out a sigh. "Look, the Artifacts were priceless. This spoiled, uncultured idiot didn't even realize he was handing over priceless works of art." He put his hand on the younger man's shoulder. "Let it go, eh? This once?" His tone was half defeated, and half pleading, as he looked around at the crowed that had gathered. Even the dancers were, subtly, eying the situation in bafflement.

The hot headed warrior, swallowing his pride and clenching his fist, let out a deep sigh of defeat as he nodded and let out an audible sign of agreement. Eztli turned to his client, with a convincing false smile on. "The lad was confused, he thought you were treating the people like animals." He declared, so that Charles could hopefully understand his Absurd folly, before letting out a false laugh. "That's absurd, right?" He said, nodding to the family, subtly pleading for them to follow along... Unfortunately, subtlety seems something this family was incapable of, outside of their youngest generation. He could only pray to the gods now.

As Eztli led them away, Charles kept his head down.  His facial expression strongly resembled that of a scolded child, or perhaps one who just dropped his ice cream.

Charles' wife kept pace beside him, glancing at the native Mayans with a look of boredom on her face.  'Twas a pity that the moment of excitement was ruined!

Dylan and Angelica had split away from the party for a few moments, making a point to make eye contact with the warrior who their father had so brutally offended.  Both bowed low, solemnly apologetically, hoping that the gesture would translate well.

However, their older sister also made a point to approach the warrior.  Once her younger siblings had caught back up with Eztli, attempting to draw more fascinating facts out of him (and perhaps lessen the tension of the situation), Risa gave the young, virile man a hearty smile.

"So- you certainly are a tough specimen!"  She spoke, trying her best to get the man's attention.

The Mayan warrior would probably be very alarmed as she attempted to loosen her clothes in his presence.  By all appearances, she was a woman in need.

As the rest of the party walked along, she eventually noted that the warrior seemed surprised and disgusted.  After a few awkward seconds of continued 'flirting' the warrior seemed to call out in alarm at her behavior.  Quickly, she bolted away from him and tried to reach Eztli.

But it looked like the damage had already been done...

Edited by Shex

"Ah, well good to meet you Ms Alexander. Let us go without delay then, I'm certain the real thing will be far superior to words on a tablet." Iktan said, smiling and turning to lead her part to the show. Walking past the Kressnians, she could heard the distinct chuckle of Kabil as he addressed his clients. "Yes Fourty-Three Thousand. I am most pleased you are all so eager." He said, eyeing the Triskeli as they passed. "Let's move with this group for now, they're headed to the same place it seems. Come on, it'll be a great sight to see!" To which Taavi merely nodded in approval, and beckoned the group to start moving with mere body language.

The now joined company made their way towards the structure in the distance, taking in the sights along the beach. Though if one looked off deeper into the city, somewhere down one of the streets a large crowd seemed gathered and excited about something or another. Indeed, a lot of the chatter might even be heard by those with exceptional hearing. But it was of no consequence. For now, the group was moving through the bustling lake side. One of the only places where glimpses of less covered Mayan and Nahua women could be had, though still not anywhere near to the extent of beach wear abroad.
_

Chaos! "You little harlot!" An elderly woman protested, whacking the eldest sister on her wrist with her cane, as she continued to lecture the woman in an extremely heavy dialect. "You're a woman, why do you act like an animal in heat? Have you lost your mind? Are you a port for all ships? Have you even-" Jeering and explicitives could be heard coming from all the near by women, whom had had enough at this point. Some of the swearing could even be understood by the family, as the local women threw out every vaguely insulting phrase they could recall from foreign lands.

Eztli put his hands forward, in a gesture of appeasement, and tried to reason, but found himself tripping on his words as the granny stopped her rant and turned her attention to him. "-Do you have no pride? You are our peoples hero and you're serving such trash!? Have you any-" It was madness.

• Upvote 1

Risa flushed at this embarrassing turn of events.  She just wanted to tease the creature and see how it responded.  What?  Were these natives so advanced n their social behavior as to consider mating at will inappropriate?  She had known the touch of no man, and as such the cries of harlot made no sense.  Perhaps she and her father were wrong about them...

But judging by how they were descending upon her, that couldn't be right.  They were savages, creatures of passion who acted based on anger alone.  They were primitives through and through.

So she laughed at their false accusations.  Laughed in their face.

"You call me a whore?!"  She yelled aloud.  "Look at how half of you are dressed!  I'm sure your men would jump at the chance whenever one of you become eager to please!"

At this point Charles gasped.  Not only were these creatures yelling at his precious daughter;  they were even calling her names.

"Please!"  He grabbed Eztli by the arm.  "You must do something!"

Charles' wife, for her part, suddenly seized her younger daughter by the arm.  As Angelica's cheeks were flushed, as tears began to fall from her eyes as she saw just what her other family members were capable of, she found her mother gripping her arms tightly and, as if Angelica was some kind of barrier, Charles' wife shoved her back and forth at the crowd.

"Back, BACK! You savages!"  Charles' wife growled, and tried standing tall while her daughter struggled to break free.

"Mom, what are you doing?!"  Dylan yelled.

"Stay back!  Stay away from her!"  Charles' wife continued to yell, twisting her younger daughter's arm and treating her as some sort of weapon against the horde.  Angelica cried out.  "Mom, stop!  It hurts!"

"You want a sacrifice!  Take her instead!"  Charles' wife yelled while keeping her grip on Angelica.  She shoved her younger daughter forward and back.  Now Angelica was a battering ram and soon, soon she'd be an offering.

Dylan suddenly sprinted forward and attempted to free his sister.  But Charles suddenly ran forward as if gathering his courage...

And bravely and nobly...

Kicked his son in the face.

He stood before his wife as Dylan staggered back from the blow.

"Go ahead, take the little rat.  She's always objected to us one way or the other!  Let her be the sacrifice, you apes!  Just stay away from my daughter!"

Dylan clutched his face and found it bleeding, while Angelica wept openly as her parents revealed who they truly were.  She continued to struggle, but could not break free of her "mother"'s death grip.

It was if King Kong himself were among them, but in a fancy, well-designed dress, with two other monstrosities guarding her.  The maiden had been seized, her knight had been struck down.  How would the Mayan people respond to this disaster?

Eztli threw back his hands immediately upon the sight of the children being endangered, and submitted to the will of the crowd, stepping back and away from the Family. From behind Charles wife, a woman came and struck her in the back of the head, while another pried the young girl out of the harpies clutches, and tried to console her.

The warrior who had previously gave into Eztli's will, surged forward, effortlessly knocking Charles to the ground, as he began to beat the fool to death in front of his horrified family with his own bare hands. Charles screams gave way to mumbling, as his brain gradually turned to mush with each consecutive strike, until the man was completely silent. His entire face caved in, as the final strike popped his head like a water balloon.

The women in the crowd grabbed hold of the eldest daughter, and mother, forcing them to the ground, and binding their hands and feet together. As women, these revolting creatures still had the right to a noble death.
They were lifted by the crowd, as local priests came and guided the group of angered townsfolk to a nearby cenote. While the area was out of sight to the younger children, who were being consoled by some of the more soft hearted women, the children could still hear their family's screams give way to the sounds of splashing as the bound women were tossed into the cenote...

The chanting of prayers could be heard of in the distance, as Eztli made his way back to the children. "I'm not sorry. Honestly your family got a better death than they deserve, and I think even you know that somewhere..." He said, letting out a sigh. "I guess what I am saying is: Do not waste your time mourning them." The was a long pause as the trio took in everything that transpired. "Is there anyone I should contact for you?"

• Upvote 1

Eztli threw back his hands immediately upon the sight of the children being endangered, and submitted to the will of the crowd, stepping back and away from the Family. From behind Charles wife, a woman came and struck her in the back of the head, while another pried the young girl out of the harpies clutches, and tried to console her.

The warrior who had previously gave into Eztli's will, surged forward, effortlessly knocking Charles to the ground, as he began to beat the fool to death in front of his horrified family with his own bare hands. Charles screams gave way to mumbling, as his brain gradually turned to mush with each consecutive strike, until the man was completely silent. His entire face caved in, as the final strike popped his head like a water balloon.

The women in the crowd grabbed hold of the eldest daughter, and mother, forcing them to the ground, and binding their hands and feet together. As women, these revolting creatures still had the right to a noble death.

They were lifted by the crowd, as local priests came and guided the group of angered townsfolk to a nearby cenote. While the area was out of sight to the younger children, who were being consoled by some of the more soft hearted women, the children could still hear their family's screams give way to the sounds of splashing as the bound women were tossed into the cenote...

The chanting of prayers could be heard of in the distance, as Eztli made his way back to the children. "I'm not sorry. Honestly your family got a better death than they deserve, and I think even you know that somewhere..." He said, letting out a sigh. "I guess what I am saying is: Do not waste your time mourning them." The was a long pause as the trio took in everything that transpired. "Is there anyone I should contact for you?"

A Chilling Assembly

Amanda, Charles' wife, was such a proud woman.  She married into wealth, if not political influence, and had everything she could possibly want.

While it was true that her younger children, probably brainwashed by the peasant's education system of the Brotherhood of Planets which stated such nonsense as controlling the means of production and something about equality, her eldest daughter Risa seemed capable of appreciating the finer things in life.

Dylan, Angelica, they were a brainwashed lot, and the fact that Charles' brother was a clerk of all professions did not help!  How could a man be willing to bow his head and spend time sorting papers and reports?  No, real men knew how to appreciate the intricacies in life.

Men...  Like Charles...

And Charles did not expect it to end like this.

The mighty warrior continued to punch, and punch, and with every blow Charles thought of the past.

There was a time when men were kind, when the world was a song, and the song was exciting...

There was a time when his mother and father praised him for his appreciation for art.  In truth he never really 'understood' art, but the fact that he could sit among his family's treasures and just stare at them calmly earned him praise.  Allin had always been fidgety when told to stare at those images, and as such fell out of his parents' favor.

After they passed away, all the art, all the wealth was passed to him.  Allin simply received enough funds to finally own his own apartment.  After all, one who rents an apartment after thirty was a financial fool, no?

Yes, Allin was the financial fool, whereas Charles, he could make good use of the money.

And to be fair Risa and Amanda had everything they ever wanted.

Everything that is, until today.

Risa and Amanda screamed as the warrior struck Charles repeatedly.  The man gurgled as he stared up at his murderer.

What might have baffled the warrior is that Charles' last stare did not seem to be one of hate...

But of confusion.

The two bound women screamed, the elder shouting curses and the younger crying out for mercy.

Yet after the Mayans hurled both Risa and Amanda into the Cenote, the two women plunged into the depths.

Amanda cursed them with her dying thoughts.  These savages represented the ultimate expression of barbarism!  To throw perfectly good people into a lake and let them drown...  Who does that?

The water entered her eyes, her nose, every orifice in her body.  And as her lungs drew the water in the only thing she could comprehend was hate and a wish that these animals would pay.

But Risa, who had cried out so passionately about how fate was so cruel.

Wondered in the end...

"Will Dyl and Angie be ok?"

Only the elder sister expired with any concern for the rest of her clan.

---------------

Angelica wept softly as Dylan looked up into Eztli's eyes.

"Yes.  I have an uncle, Allin Shabub.  Works in the Arcadian Interior Ministry as a clerk.  I have his number here.  Maybe i should call him?"  Dylan showed Eztli his PDA.

Angelica could feel Eztli's gaze on her, and wiped away her tears.  "I'm not crying...  For them.  But for Risa.  My sister- she was always with them.  When we were very little she was nice to me, and Dylan.  But she changed pretty quickly.  Risa never had the chance to know what the world is really like.  They didn't just betray us just now; they also cursed her."

---------------

Belgrade, Kressnia

The Taxi spun around and came careening back towards the Starport.  Allin got off and sprinted through it, scrambling to book a flight to the Mayan Confederation.

"I don't care about the cost, just get me a seat, please!  It's a family emergency..."  He stammered, and sure enough there was a seat.

Mayan Starport

The flight was tense and long, and when the ship finally began landing at the Starport, he jumped off and made a beeline for the archway, flying past the Guardian of Mars.

How would the Mayans greet the brother of the madman they had sacrificed?  Surely the sins of a brother would not pass to another.

Edited by Shex