Terminus Est declaration of War.

Prefontaine

This thread is the projection of people who have nothing else to do, so they spend their precious life time(which passes like a lighting bolt)

Baiting people into useless pointless discussions ,that won't change a thing because none will ever admit they are wrong even if they are or are not.

I clicked on the MultyQuote bottom while reading all 8 pages (I was bored). Then gave a profound sigh and cleared the list of qoutes. It's not that I fall for baits, it's that I'm afraind misinformed or uninformed might take the baits as truth, so you respond in hopes if providing an alternative to uninformed reader and then they just keep throwing wild or extrodinary claims against you, rarely bothering to find evidnece taht backs it up or even going as far as misrepresenting it or forging it to fit the narraative so you coudl argue with them more, and poor innocent reader just keeps eating all of that thinking everythink on internet is true. There are so many ways to fight in PnW, but no way to fight the trolls. Rant over.

tvPWtuA.gif

Does the fact that nobody at all has come to your defense, and half the alliances in the game have come in to hit you whether they were invited or not, clue you in at all as to what the CB is?

You sat at the sidelines taking shots at every easy target and committing to nothing. You grew to the most absurd heights despite having no real political power. So your infra gets shredded - That's what every alliance in this game deals with every 3 months, welcome to the party. You can't have a net worth of 1.5 billion per member any more, boo hoo.

Nobody came to their defense because they're 22 alliances in the top 40 that have ties to Syndisphere, of those alliances, 8 have a score of 80,000 or higher. Plus, about 6 alliances have an NAP with you, so they can't attack you.

• Upvote 1

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

So much moving of the goalposts ITT.

"Well, you only won because we don't have any friends and your FA is better!"

We have lots of friends, you were among them which is why our alliances worked together on GPA's top tier. We just don't feel the need to sign a ton of treaties with people who have a ton of treaties. We can be friends without treaties.

TEst didn't have an issue with numbers when they attacked Alpha with tS, maybe it's because that argument is stupid.

It was a 3v1ish nation count wise, 2v1 alliance wise, and Alpha was tied to Paracov, we were expecting lots more alliances to join in. 

Edited by Prefontaine
  • Upvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif

It was a 3v1ish nation count wise, 2v1 alliance wise, and Alpha was tied to Paracov, we were expecting lots more alliances to join in. 

It was a wide numerical advantage, this one is just a lot wider. (Of course, I'm not even mentioning the fact that you had 19.5 city avg and that most people wouldn't be able to fight you in these alliances, but whatever)

The point was that it's a stupid thing to complain about.

You honestly think someone paying someone else is provocation? Haha.

Let me give you a real world example.

There's an old building that needs to be taken down. The owner wants it torn down and a construction company to rebuild it. Hebcalls the construction company, and they come in, however, they don't have the tools to take it down. But the owner knows a guy, and he calls him. An independent contractor. He doesn't really want to do it, but he just ordered new equipment. He tells the guy he'll do it for around $100,000. They negotiate and get it done for around $50,000 instead. He comes in, blows the building up, and leaves.

That is exactly what happened. Hopefully you can comprehend now.

• Upvote 1

Not that I have a dog in this particular drama bout, but didn't you claim Pantheon/GPA's nations got too fat and you're currently dictating what The Fighting Pacifists can do (Is that still going on, the 'occupied' stuff)?

Mensa is like a Wolf, and GPA is like a sheep. It's a big defenceless herbivore incapable of fighting back and we're a carnivore. Given the opportunity we will always attack.

I'm glad you brought this out because I don't think I've seen Mensa whine about anything other than Pre's attitude or Sheepy's changing of the war module lately.

My question was in reply to Pre stating that an alliance cannot dictate terms on another alliance, which is clearly false because he's done it before.  So your quote of Spite irrelevant to this.

• Downvote 1

There's an old building that needs to be taken down. The owner wants it torn down and a construction company to rebuild it. Hebcalls the construction company, and they come in, however, they don't have the tools to take it down. But the owner knows a guy, and he calls him. An independent contractor. He doesn't really want to do it, but he just ordered new equipment. He tells the guy he'll do it for around $100,000. They negotiate and get it done for around $50,000 instead. He comes in, blows the building up, and leaves.

No, this is nothing like that, and that example isn't provocation. I would explain to you, but I decline to believe you're not trolling.

• Upvote 1

Except that ParaCov and their friends didn't own Pantheon so it was more like murder for hire or exactly like murder for hire.

• Upvote 2

You all seem to have the miss conception that you're great at FA because you have a lot of treaties. You have a lot of treaties because you won a lot of wars, which makes you good at war, especially in a few of those fights. People are often attracted to the winning side and I know a few of those hegemoney lines are because of that. Great FA means winning wars without fighting them. Great FA also means defusing wars. Great FA also means many other things, but great FA is not how many treaties you have.

I can partially agree to this. FA is a bigger thing than just treatying up. I can also agree with the fact that previous FA leaders left each of our alliances in the Syndi/OOSphere in good hands, therefore making our jobs easier on newer folks.

The reason for your sphere's existence is fear. Yours and your enemies, well, former enemies. Several of your leaders have effectively described the last year as "survival mode". Why were you in survival mode? Because you were afraid of losing to Paracov. Why were you afraid of losing to Paracov? Because they had a stupid amount of nations/score stacked up against you. During this time your alliance, at least leadership, made many attempts to try to convince Paracov to split up because so much aligned on one side is bad for the game, because it's bad for politics, but honestly it's just bad. Not all of the leaders who parroted this argument are around in your sphere, at least as leaders, so I suppose you're not all hypocrites but plenty are. Luckily for you Paracov's numbers were inflated by their uselessness. Somewhere between 3-5 of every point of score Paracov had was actually only worth 1. Either due to inactives, inexperience, or poor leadership their numbers didn't reflect even remotely what those numbers should have been able to do. So you won, not taking anything away from you there, was a good show. But out of the dust you steadily became what you hated and fought against, allegedly.

I don't know the point of this part of your post. A sphere develops to raise security and trust with each alliance involved in it. Are you attempting to disregard the whole paper bit with a dash of passive-aggressiveness towards it? 

Both sides of the game steadily built up their spheres more and more until the inevitable happened, you are now allied to half of the game. This is not because you're great at FA, this is because both sides were afraid of losing. Well, that war is over and the side who complained about hegemoney's being bad is now the hegemoney and proud. The side that used to be viewed as the hegemoney is bitter and complaining about the hegemoney. Both of you all are hypocrites, however there is one important difference. Only the hegemoney can actually do anything about it. You can tell them to "git gud" all you want, even if they double their effectiveness and make their score reflect 2-3ish of every actual point they're still not as good as most of you at war.

Fair enough. 

I left leadership in Guardian because sitting at the top is boring, which I'm sure many of you are beginning to understand. Thankfully that sphere collapsed shortly after I left largely due to Tenages wanted to backstab Rose as hard as possible and SK intel being the most secure in the game (lulz). Their sphere effectively defeated themselves. Paracov defeated themselves with lots of poor choices, Partisan and I had a good chat long ago about how !@#$ed tS was if they actually played their cards remotely right, with or without sucking at war. Now that your the dominant power you sit around and bask in your own hypocritical glory. The rest of the game isn't going to rally against you, I've seen the back channels. It doesn't matter how gud they git. What does matter is how long will it be before your sphere gets too bored of doing nothing entertaining and will it be before the rest of the game as given up enough to stop playing. The other alternative being you stop being afraid to lose and split up, because if you split up one side will eventually lose to the other in some way. Whether it's boredum or ceasing fear of losing, the game waits for you to split up for interesting FA to happen. 

There's my Partisan WoT impression. Enjoy shit posting it.

Your last bit is more or less crying man. =\

I'd like to think you and I have good chats here and there regarding stuff, but from the snippets I've seen - it seems you get pretty emotional about this game. Which is great and sad at the same time. You're passionate about the game, I get it, but it also seems you're letting your own status get to your head - which is what some people don't like.

• Downvote 1

No, this is nothing like that, and that example isn't provocation. I would explain to you, but I decline to believe you're not trolling.

Yeah, you're an idiot.

Except that ParaCov and their friends didn't own Pantheon so it was more like murder for hire or exactly like murder for hire.

Alright I'll take that. I will say Pantheon was treatied to Rose and for a time, VE.

You all seem to have the miss conception that you're great at FA because you have a lot of treaties. You have a lot of treaties because you won a lot of wars, which makes you good at war, especially in a few of those fights. People are often attracted to the winning side and I know a few of those hegemoney lines are because of that. Great FA means winning wars without fighting them. Great FA also means defusing wars. Great FA also means many other things, but great FA is not how many treaties you have. 

The reason for your sphere's existence is fear. Yours and your enemies, well, former enemies. Several of your leaders have effectively described the last year as "survival mode". Why were you in survival mode? Because you were afraid of losing to Paracov. Why were you afraid of losing to Paracov? Because they had a stupid amount of nations/score stacked up against you. During this time your alliance, at least leadership, made many attempts to try to convince Paracov to split up because so much aligned on one side is bad for the game, because it's bad for politics, but honestly it's just bad. Not all of the leaders who parroted this argument are around in your sphere, at least as leaders, so I suppose you're not all hypocrites but plenty are. Luckily for you Paracov's numbers were inflated by their uselessness. Somewhere between 3-5 of every point of score Paracov had was actually only worth 1. Either due to inactives, inexperience, or poor leadership their numbers didn't reflect even remotely what those numbers should have been able to do. So you won, not taking anything away from you there, was a good show. But out of the dust you steadily became what you hated and fought against, allegedly. 

Both sides of the game steadily built up their spheres more and more until the inevitable happened, you are now allied to half of the game. This is not because you're great at FA, this is because both sides were afraid of losing. Well, that war is over and the side who complained about hegemoney's being bad is now the hegemoney and proud. The side that used to be viewed as the hegemoney is bitter and complaining about the hegemoney. Both of you all are hypocrites, however there is one important difference. Only the hegemoney can actually do anything about it. You can tell them to "git gud" all you want, even if they double their effectiveness and make their score reflect 2-3ish of every actual point they're still not as good as most of you at war. 

So here we are. You claim you're hitting TEst because we've bullied others, we didn't let that last more than 1 round except against Ace and Arrgh in the last year, even Arrgh didn't go very long after we sold down and fought. We never tried to hold anyone down. TFP held themselves down honestly, and GPA was mostly raiding though you could make arguments there, but they didn't matter in terms of spheres and hegemoney's. You also claim TEst was hit for revenge for Pantheon. Everything Pantheon has said, even as this war started, was that they didn't want revenge. There's also that whole you guys !@#$ about the 168 day war CB's and such, but as we've established there are a lot of hypocrites in your ranks and leadership. You claim TEst was hit because we were a wild card and a threat. We've always been a "wild card", a wild card you enjoyed working with on a few occasions but now that you've no actual threats, we're a threat? Kay. Some even claim that we were hit because I'm a smug prick, which is true. But here's why I'm smug as !@#$, because I am better than you because I put the game first. I might not be the best fighter, best FA, best leader, etc.. You probably have better people in your alliances than me in those regards, but I'm not afraid. When Guardian's little sphere was the dominant power in Orbis I routinely turned away alliances who wanted to ally to us because I knew we were the top dogs in the game, we were the villians like you all are now. Villians need to be defeated, eventually. That's why I never allied to more than SK/TEst and occassionaly Rose. There needed to be healthy competition with a decent chance for success. You clamor around telling them to get good when even if they were "good enough" to rally the rest of the game to their side you would still have more and we already know from history over half your sphere is better at warfare than over half the nations they could assemble.

I left leadership in Guardian because sitting at the top is boring, which I'm sure many of you are beginning to understand. Thankfully that sphere collapsed shortly after I left largely due to Tenages wanted to backstab Rose as hard as possible and SK intel being the most secure in the game (lulz). Their sphere effectively defeated themselves. Paracov defeated themselves with lots of poor choices, Partisan and I had a good chat long ago about how !@#$ed tS was if they actually played their cards remotely right, with or without sucking at war. Now that your the dominant power you sit around and bask in your own hypocritical glory. The rest of the game isn't going to rally against you, I've seen the back channels. It doesn't matter how gud they git. What does matter is how long will it be before your sphere gets too bored of doing nothing entertaining and will it be before the rest of the game as given up enough to stop playing. The other alternative being you stop being afraid to lose and split up, because if you split up one side will eventually lose to the other in some way. Whether it's boredum or ceasing fear of losing, the game waits for you to split up for interesting FA to happen. 

There's my Partisan WoT impression. Enjoy shit posting it. 

If we ignore the parts whining about your defeat and boasting about your uber 1337 skillz, the post isn't entirely incorrect. I hadn't noticed that the number of cities in Syndisphere had exceeded the number of cities of all the rest before you posted about it. I wouldn't mind some splits to make the game fun again, personally speaking. The wars when we were the underdogs were much more enjoyable. Now the only excitement comes from trying to refresh and fill slots before others so that one does not fall behind in infra destroyed ranking, xdxd.

Edited by Kemal Ergenekon
  • Upvote 3
77oKn5K.png

If we ignore the parts whining about your defeat and boasting about your uber 1337 skillz, the post isn't entirely incorrect. I hadn't noticed that the number of cities in Syndisphere had exceeded the number of cities of all the rest before you posted about it. I wouldn't mind some splits to make the game fun again, personally speaking. The wars when we were the underdogs were much more enjoyable. Now the only excitement comes from trying to refresh and fill slots before others so that one does not fall behind in infra destroyed ranking, xdxd.

Once you got past the tears, there was a little bit of solid insight there.

And the self-aggrandizing, but hey, I'm trained to ignore that from lots of people here by now.

• Upvote 1

☾☆

And Dio said unto him, "I trust you.  Share my word."

We should abolish all alliances and start over with a player draft. Maybe gym class dodge ball style. #makeOrbisgreatagain

We already had a Mensa HQ split fantasy draft.

• Downvote 1

We should abolish all alliances and start over with a player draft. Maybe gym class dodge ball style. #makeOrbisgreatagain

I draft Tim. You guys can have literally everyone else.

I'll even tell you our FA plan: get our asses kicked constantly.

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

I mean, it was okay when ts paid noir and arrgh to hit UPN in oktoberfest.

We never held it against alliances for paying others to hit (Although the lying behind it or trying to brush it off on other alliances seemed pretty shady).  It made sense, and it was a solid tactical move forcing us to decide which way to go with what assistance we could spare at the time.  Doesn't mean we have to like it though.

• Downvote 1