War is Chaos

Rob Semloh

We need people to leave syndisphere/oo and create a new alliance called "Normanland Theme Park" that is dedicated to sex and war against whatever sphere is in power

I second this.

<&Partisan> EAT THE SHIT

<blacklabel> lol @ ever caring about how much you matter in some dumbass nation simulation browser game. what a !@#$in pathetic waste of life

iZHAsgV.png

And why is that?

I can tell you right now that the paperless alliances would have no problem fighting us, and I'm 100% positive we're going to get some annoying raids now from our recent action of fighting them. The problem is that we don't actively look to piss off people. Sure, some of us troll others, but overall - we were not butting heads with paperless alliances. Well, not to the extent that others outside our friendly sphere has. Just look at the Alpha/TEst situation that happened recently and look at how they talk to each other. Obviously there's some issues there.

Did you learn something?!

Oh, easy. Basically it's two things really.

1. For a long time your sphere's line was exactly the opposite of the current one. It was like "you're all tied together so we have to stay together in the face of a common threat because you refuse to change things," which usually resulted in people getting ideas like the third sphere and "if I do my own thing they'll leave us alone". After a string defeats, like I said, many were reticent to fight Syndisphere because they didn't think they could beat an in tact Syndisphere and didn't want to muster the effort. Peripheral alliances also  switched sides knowing it'd be an easier war or out of self-preservation. Now you're literally saying "HEY BAND TOGETHER TO TRY TO TAKE US DOWN, which is really a 180 from the earlier thinking of "Paracov is perpetuating a stale dynamic," which TheNG  brought up. Paracov is dead and there is no group that can statistically challenge Syndisphere. It's a post-history landscape.

2. The other is basically it doesn't add a whole lot of statistical mass and potentially closes other options off for those 

I don't know about not having an issue with fighting you, but it's different from wanting to participate in some grand coalition to fight Syndisphere, which TEst openly said they did not want to do.  There are issues between Alpha and TEst but those are pretty deep and go back to when they fought originally and personal issues between the two alliances and the fact that paperless didn't adopt a policy of avoiding confrontation with anyone outside of Syndisphere just goes to show there wasn't that ambition of taking them on.  If people had no intention of forming a united front, you can't be surprised when they butt heads.

Paracov is dead and there is no group that can statistically challenge Syndisphere. It's a post-history landscape.

And what caused that?

I don't know about not having an issue with fighting you, but it's different from wanting to participate in some grand coalition to fight Syndisphere, which TEst openly said they did not want to do.  There are issues between Alpha and TEst but those are pretty deep and go back to when they fought originally and personal issues between the two alliances and the fact that paperless didn't adopt a policy of avoiding confrontation with anyone outside of Syndisphere just goes to show there wasn't that ambition of taking them on.  If people had no intention of forming a united front, you can't be surprised when they butt heads.

That's fine and dandy. When people say there's no chance to beat Syndi/OOsphere, they're only kidding themselves. There's definitely chances, there's definitely ways. It's going to be hard, sure, I won't lie about that. But if no one has a goal to beat Syndi/OOsphere, then obviously you can't beat them.

We'll just continue as is.

• Downvote 1

We took a shaky 4 alliance build and went up against superior numbers to where we are now.  Not once in the past did we !@#$, moan, or cry about Paragon or Covenant, or ParaCov, being bigger than us throughout our journey.

So please, kindly shut the !@#$ up.  I know that's a harsh thing to say, but I'm hoping it gets through your cynical pessimistic attitude.

You didn't go against the power that there is now, with the skill you possess. You went against a bad Rose and a decent VE. The entire game was against you yes, but not all at once.

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

And what caused that?

That's fine and dandy. When people say there's no chance to beat Syndi/OOsphere, they're only kidding themselves. There's definitely chances, there's definitely ways. It's going to be hard, sure, I won't lie about that. But if no one has a goal to beat Syndi/OOsphere, then obviously you can't beat them.

We'll just continue as is.

There is no realistic chance short of some drastic moves especially with Rose joining your side. Rose used to even be the standard-bearer of Non-tS so it goes to show just how deprecated any non-tS grouping has become. There's hard and there's nothing close to statistical parity or activity levels.

I'm not really complaining either. It's more the show of a big external force being a threat can be put to rest and the line is now officially "we're staying where we are forever and we don't care about anything else." It's good to have it honestly put out.

You didn't go against the power that there is now, with the skill you possess. You went against a bad Rose and a decent VE. The entire game was against you yes, but not all at once.

We were lower score, outnumbered, and we barely knew Syndicate.

Guardian was going through leadership troubles.

Seven Kingdoms had leaks and bad PR.

Mensa had Pfeiffer, whom nobody got along with.  Let alone our bad posting habits early on turning alliances away.

You're right, we didn't have handicaps to learn and build up from.

Fortunately, we had a snek, and Syndicate leadership kept patient with everything.  We all knew it was going to be hard initially, and it was.  It was pretty damn hard.  There were quite a few moments when things could've unraveled on us that most of you probably don't know about.

• Downvote 1

It would be quite obvious if the other side of the game was working to unite against you, as soon as you saw pieces of it there is nothing but valid cbs paving the road for you to stop it before it even began. Im not upset or worried ill figure this horrendous war system out and find a way to bite your ankles the whole way since i would leave TEst if TEst abandoned paperless to join syndisphere. I dont have bad feelings towards you fellers but i love odds against me.

• Upvote 1

It would be quite obvious if the other side of the game was working to unite against you, as soon as you saw pieces of it there is nothing but valid cbs paving the road for you to stop it before it even began. Im not upset or worried ill figure this horrendous war system out and find a way to bite your ankles the whole way since i would leave TEst if TEst abandoned paperless to join syndisphere. I dont have bad feelings towards you fellers but i love odds against me.

I don't know.  If that was the case, we would've prevented The Silent War from happening by initiating it first.

• Downvote 1

I don't know. If that was the case, we would've prevented The Silent War from happening by initiating it first.

Those were times where there were still "two" spheres though, with a different set of guidelines to abide by. Nowadays you can basically get away with any overtly aggressive action unless it upsets your allies in doing so

We could.

The war with SK was literally for Mensa and SK 1v1.  Had nothing to do with anyone else, but it ended up spreading out.

However, the wars with Valyria and their opponents had more to do with backroom bad FA dealings. I think someone posted up a few screenshots of those chats.

So while yes, we could be aggressive and "get away with it", we try really hard not to.

• Downvote 1