War is Chaos

Rob Semloh

No Buorhann, it isn't. In Silent war they had major advantage and failed. Face it, it's not possible to take you down

This. Even in the Silent war, we still needed a little more to do it. Paperless probably would have pushed us over the edge to do it, but they didn't commit. Now your side is stronger and the ex-paracov...errr..."side" is weaker. Paragon is no more. Cov is in ruins. NPO and Acadia are all that's really left of that side. Even if GoT sphere were good, they're not enough. Even if paperless (TEst/RW/Arrgh) wanted to help, Pre has already made it more than clear that he doesn't want to. It's not going to happen. Your side will never again face another actual challenge until it's willing to break up. That doesn't mean you *have* to break up, nor is it your responsibility to make the game interesting again if you don't want to. Am telling you to? No. Do w\e you want. But you can't have a challenge and stick together. That's no longer possible.

Edited by hadesflames
  • Upvote 1

gkt70Td.png

This. Even in the Silent war, we still needed a little more to do it. Paperless probably would have pushed us over the edge to do it, but they didn't commit. Now your side is stronger and the ex-paracov...errr..."side" is weaker. Paragon is no more. Cov is in ruins. NPO and Acadia are all that's really left of that side. Even if GoT sphere were good, they're not enough. Even if paperless (TEst/RW/Arrgh) wanted to help, Pre has already made it more than clear that he doesn't want to. It's not going to happen. Your side will never again face another actual challenge until it's willing to break up. That doesn't mean you *have* to break up, nor is it your responsibility to make the game interesting again if you don't want to. Am telling you to? No. Do w\e you want. But you can't have a challenge and stick together. That's no longer possible.

HBE actually never signed an alliance on our "side"..

:sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:               :sheepy:              :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy:

Greatkitteh was here.-

No Buorhann, it isn't. In Silent war they had major advantage and failed. Face it, it's not possible to take you down

>"We have major advantage, we shouldn't lose!"

>loses

>wah, Syndi/OOsphere too powerful

I won't lie.  We have some solid leaders, but we've also been telling the other side to work on their organization and communication skills.

Ask Rose's government how different we are compared to their past allies.  Pretty sure they'll say there's a big difference.

It is entirely possible to 'take us down'.  You guys just refuse to figure out how.

• Downvote 1

Been there, done that. Find it boring. I have more fun rocking the little trio of alliances we've got working together currently so I'll keep that going even if it results in the occasion 15 or so alliances dog piling us because we're scary. 

Where you went wrong was possibly your rather high-profile actions post Silent War. When you flaunt your power around like a second bloc, people think of you as a second bloc and not a "little trio" of paperless alliances. It's not that TEst is scary (though I think that is true). It's that TEst has deviated from the long-standing tradition it had of pitting two blocs against each other and retaining political advantages from the side using a paperless system of backdoor channeling, into what is more likened to a traditional bloc. I seem to recall writing something about this a couple months ago. Not to gloat, but....

https://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/blog/203/entry-798-the-final-nail-in-the-coffinfuture-of-test/

I told you so. 

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

>"We have major advantage, we shouldn't lose!"

>loses

>wah, Syndi/OOsphere too powerful

I won't lie.  We have some solid leaders, but we've also been telling the other side to work on their organization and communication skills.

Ask Rose's government how different we are compared to their past allies.  Pretty sure they'll say there's a big difference.

It is entirely possible to 'take us down'.  You guys just refuse to figure out how.

Been there, done that, didn't work. You are unbeatable especially now when they got outnumbered by large margin in one thing they had superior power which was manpower.
  • Upvote 1

Does that mean papered alliances are superior to paperless? 

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

So, if you guys want an interesting, varied game, then stop complaining how everyone else is bad and "really could defeat us" and do something about it yourselves. Because I can tell you guys that beating up everyone else who might and then whining about how borings things are isn't going to liven up anyone's life.

I certainly don't recall saying anything recent about how boring the game is (I mean, it is, but I certainly didn't open up this debate with that reasoning).  I honestly don't care what you guys do in the end, that's entirely y'alls decision and I hope to god that our side doesn't cater to the whole "We must break up because the other side want us to" spiel.

We've certainly been down this road before and we made it a goal to develop into a sphere that could stand on it's own.  Obviously we went above and beyond our expectations.

I guess the question is:  What is your goal?  Clearly if the goal isn't to compete against us, then of course it can't be done.

Also, in regards to the "lazy FA" statement.  I wouldn't say "lazy FA", I'd say horrible FA.

>UPN loses half it's members, and those members signed with Syndi/OOsphere aligned alliances   (I guess this is more of a Internal Affair rather than a Foreign one)

>VE and Rose break up, VE goes paperless

>Nuclear Sphere ended up in odds with Paperless Bloc

>Valyria Sphere pisses off Rose after Rose signed with Mensa

etc.

I can list many more examples of absolutely dogshit FA from our potential rivals.  

If I was a coalition leader for Covenant, I'd do my !@#$ best to maintain ties with every alliance not Syndisphere, and work out a plan with Paperless Bloc.  The Silent War almost did it, but that ended with Paperless Bloc leaving after a round on Pantheon (Which after seeing the reports of UPN deal with them, that was done poorly - very poorly) and very little activity and organization outside of UPN/NPO/Alpha/Fark/Acadia.

Even Ogaden from Arrgh pointed out a key difference in that war.  When Mensa got bailed out from the Alpha/Fark blitz, Mensa immediately built back up while VE/Rose/UPN nations that were attacked by Mensa did not build up after Alpha/Fark blitzed.

The Silent War clearly showed us that you guys had a STRONG opportunity, but failed to follow through.  Whether it was handling FA issues poorly or mismanaging coordination efforts.  You guys are your own worst enemy.

Edited by Buorhann
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I certainly don't recall saying anything recent about how boring the game is (I mean, it is, but I certainly didn't open up this debate with that reasoning).  I honestly don't care what you guys do in the end, that's entirely y'alls decision and I hope to god that our side doesn't cater to the whole "We must break up because the other side want us to" spiel.

We've certainly been down this road before and we made it a goal to develop into a sphere that could stand on it's own.  Obviously we went above and beyond our expectations.

I guess the question is:  What is your goal?  Clearly if the goal isn't to compete against us, then of course it can't be done.

Also, in regards to the "lazy FA" statement.  I wouldn't say "lazy FA", I'd say horrible FA.

>UPN loses half it's members, and those members signed with Syndi/OOsphere aligned alliances   (I guess this is more of a Internal Affair rather than a Foreign one)

>VE and Rose break up, VE goes paperless

>Nuclear Sphere ended up in odds with Paperless Bloc

>Valyria Sphere pisses off Rose after Rose signed with Mensa

etc.

I can list many more examples of absolutely dogshit FA from our potential rivals.  

If I was a coalition leader for Covenant, I'd do my !@#$ best to maintain ties with every alliance not Syndisphere, and work out a plan with Paperless Bloc.  The Silent War almost did it, but that ended with Paperless Bloc leaving after a round on Pantheon (Which after seeing the reports of UPN deal with them, that was done poorly - very poorly) and very little activity and organization outside of UPN/NPO/Alpha/Fark/Acadia.

Even Ogaden from Arrgh pointed out a key difference in that war.  When Mensa got bailed out from the Alpha/Fark blitz, Mensa immediately built back up while VE/Rose/UPN nations that were attacked by Mensa did not build up after Alpha/Fark blitzed.

The Silent War clearly showed us that you guys had a STRONG opportunity, but failed to follow through.  Whether it was handling FA issues poorly or mismanaging coordination efforts.  You guys are your own worst enemy.

You're talking about a period with a lot more FA fluidity. The rigidity of the current alliance system didn't exist. There were cross ties everywhere and there were people to work with that prioritized fighting an enemy. You're referring to maybe about 3 months at most of relative isolation.

I think you have a serious misconception in terms of who is willing to work with others. You said a Covenant leader should be trying to maintain relations with everyone else. Alliances specifically have tried to distance themselves from them.  Paragon breaking off and then, when you got dropped by SK, they also dropped us because they didn't want ties to an established sphere.  The SK/Valyria minisphere also didn't want the associations. The typical reaction when a war hasn't worked on our side has been for alliances to seek out individual accommodations or make a minisphere hoping it will induce a split on the Syndisphere. These ideas have been out there since the treaty offer from tS to UPN and the leak from Rose's forums. The reason trying to make it work as an adhoc coalition didn't work is  because it would have actually required more peace time cooperation for everyone to be on the same level of readiness. It wasn't a "wink wink" split. It was a real split and we had to put humpty dumpty back together and the signalling along with the time it took to start  the war gave it away and allowed you to catch up. Enough people saw fighting Syndisphere as impossible and went their own way that those who had seen it as possible lost the support needed over time and it's all gone now.

Here's the thing with paperless; they largely didn't see you as someone they wanted to fight. That's why they were fine having fights with other spheres since they didn't have fighting the big one as a goal. Pre has affinities for certain alliances in Syndisphere and even if it seems unrequited, it doesn't seem to change. TEst and co just wanted to fight Pantheon and that was it. He's said it repeatedly that he had no beef with Syndisphere. If he did or if he simply had had the ambition of being #1 again, then yeah, we could have rolled with that and we would have probably been fine with him taking the credit.  I'm not tearing at TEst just it never seemed they had a common interest.

The tactical criticism was based on them  not double buying and they couldn't have double bought because Alpha didn't enter near update.

Edited by Roquentin
  • Upvote 2

101 days when spy ops started, I think 104-106 when the warring actually started.

Source for those who want to criticize my math:

http://www.tickcounter.com/countup/1473807600000/europe-london/ywdhms/2093003B5998000000FF0000/Time_Since_tS/TKR_could_have_declared

Totally forgot that existed <3 Edited by James XVI
  • Upvote 1

THE Definitive James:

KastorCultist, Co-leading Roz Wei Empyrea The Wei, former TGH warrior, Assassin, and a few more. Player of this game for more time than I want to think about...

infernalsig.png.492fbaaf465234c6d9cf76f12f038d04.png

I think you have a serious misconception in terms of who is willing to work with others. You said a Covenant leader should be trying to maintain relations with everyone else. Alliances specifically have tried to distance themselves from them.  Paragon breaking off and then, when you got dropped by SK, they also dropped us because they didn't want ties to an established sphere.

And why is that?

Here's the thing with paperless; they largely didn't see you as someone they wanted to fight. That's why they were fine having fights with other spheres since they didn't have fighting the big one as a goal.

I can tell you right now that the paperless alliances would have no problem fighting us, and I'm 100% positive we're going to get some annoying raids now from our recent action of fighting them. The problem is that we don't actively look to piss off people. Sure, some of us troll others, but overall - we were not butting heads with paperless alliances. Well, not to the extent that others outside our friendly sphere has. Just look at the Alpha/TEst situation that happened recently and look at how they talk to each other. Obviously there's some issues there.

The tactical criticism was based on them  not double buying and they couldn't have double bought because Alpha didn't enter near update.

Did you learn something?!

• Downvote 1

I should get on a radio show and talk about this.  Or hell, just put it in a blog. 

Lets do something in the new year. Sort of like "Git Gud" the audio book.

so, how did this salt fest happen? Can anyone fill me in? I was on vacation and enjoying my holidays