It is currently impossible to beige an active player

Etgfrog

To be fair I think people are overestimating Fortify. While a good anti-raid tool it is actually pretty pointless in a war. So you outlast 3 guys for 5 days and don't get beiged, congrats, now you'll get 3 more guys on you while you likely have 0 military.If they all beige you though then you'd at least have 5/6 days to cook something up for later.

If they all beige you though then you'd at least have 5/6 days to cook something up for later.

I thought beige only lasted for 2 days now.....or did I misread something somewhere?  If it's only 2 days, you're not really going to be able to build up an army in that time frame.  Best you could do (if you wanted to run scared), would be hit VaCa mode for a period of time and hope that things had calmed down by the time you come out.  Downside to that is, you can't do squat (like attempt to rebuild) while you're in VaCa mode.

EDIT: Stupid grammar!

Edited by Sailor Jerry

X4EfkAB.png

I thought beige only lasted for 2 days now.....or did I misread something somewhere?  If it's only 2 days, you're not really going to be able to build up an army in that time frame.  Best you could do (if you wanted to run scared), would be hit VaCa mode for a period of time and hope that things had calmed down by the time you come out.  Downside to that is, you can't do squat (like attempt to rebuild) while you're in VaCa mode.

EDIT: Stupid grammar!

Beiges now stack, 2 days for each one. So 3 defensive war losses = 6 days of beige. Were you to throw 5 offensive in there you could get a maximum of 16 days.

To be fair I think people are overestimating Fortify. While a good anti-raid tool it is actually pretty pointless in a war. So you outlast 3 guys for 5 days and don't get beiged, congrats, now you'll get 3 more guys on you while you likely have 0 military.If they all beige you though then you'd at least have 5/6 days to cook something up for later.

Nope. all the fortifying defender has to do is employ the same fortify strategy. currently this can be done indefinitely, across numerous raids and numerous repetitions so as long as the defender chooses to fortify to infinity in each raid against them, they can never be beiged.

I think the biggest problem with the whole "fortify" option is that it is militarily independent. as someone else pointed out fortification is a digging in of existing forces making it harder for them to kill. The simplest solution would be to redo the fortify option so that attacks on the defender reduced defender casualties by some equitible amount but NOT reduce damage to infra... as an example, attacker attacks a nation that has 100k soldiers, 5k tanks, 400 planes and 40 ships. Attacker attacks with 150k soldiers, 7k tanks, 600 planes and 60 ships. after the initial immense triumph by the attacker, the defender lost say 15% of whatever the attack was directed at in military forces. for simplicity we will go with planes. so the defender now only has 340 planes. stay with me on this... defender fortifies (while I was writing this I had a brainstorm that ties into this whole fortify re-write - make fortify specific to a TYPE of military unit) and decided to fortify his planes. that means he takes say 10% less damage to JUST his planes if they are attacked and has NO bearing on any other military unit. Also to fortify planes defender would have to use 4 maps, same with ships... fortification based on the normal cost of using that unit to attack, 8 for missiles and nukes, 3 for soldiers and tanks.

This allows the defender to reduce the same that type of unit takes, while ensuring that if you attack (just an example) someone who only has 150 planes with 400 planes, yes, he takes 10% less damage to his planes but your sheer numbers obliterate a lot of planes anyhow.

This would be an extremely complex re-write but would ensure that no nation could ever be beigeproof, and would base fortifications on actual military ability, not nation or city size.

I think the biggest problem with the whole "fortify" option is that it is militarily independent. as someone else pointed out fortification is a digging in of existing forces making it harder for them to kill. The simplest solution would be to redo the fortify option so that attacks on the defender reduced defender casualties by some equitible amount but NOT reduce damage to infra... as an example, attacker attacks a nation that has 100k soldiers, 5k tanks, 400 planes and 40 ships. Attacker attacks with 150k soldiers, 7k tanks, 600 planes and 60 ships. after the initial immense triumph by the attacker, the defender lost say 15% of whatever the attack was directed at in military forces. for simplicity we will go with planes. so the defender now only has 340 planes. stay with me on this... defender fortifies (while I was writing this I had a brainstorm that ties into this whole fortify re-write - make fortify specific to a TYPE of military unit) and decided to fortify his planes. that means he takes say 10% less damage to JUST his planes if they are attacked and has NO bearing on any other military unit. Also to fortify planes defender would have to use 4 maps, same with ships... fortification based on the normal cost of using that unit to attack, 8 for missiles and nukes, 3 for soldiers and tanks.

This allows the defender to reduce the same that type of unit takes, while ensuring that if you attack (just an example) someone who only has 150 planes with 400 planes, yes, he takes 10% less damage to his planes but your sheer numbers obliterate a lot of planes anyhow.

This would be an extremely complex re-write but would ensure that no nation could ever be beigeproof, and would base fortifications on actual military ability, not nation or city size.

This would more-like make using fortification a completely useless thing. 

When an alliance gets hit at the start of a war, fortify would be totally useless to them if based on military counts. May as well revert to the old system.

I don't hate this system myself. It's somewhat balanced out how much I earn but hasn't made it impossible to still make money doing what I do.

Edited by Mageofpie

I think the biggest problem with the whole "fortify" option is that it is militarily independent. as someone else pointed out fortification is a digging in of existing forces making it harder for them to kill.

My question in this case is, how does a nation fortify, if they have no military forces? 1 man may be able to hold off an army, but if they don't have even 1 man ...

sig_cybernations.PNG.8d49a01423f488a0f1b846927f5acc7e.PNG

There is a way to beige an active player. If you keep doing enough Infra damage and have them blockaded, they will eventually run out of money. If they don't have enough money, they can't pay their bills, if they can't pay their bills, ALL of their cities go unpowered. When all of their cities are unpowered and they can't pay their bills, they can no longer perform any offensive actions or make any attacks. So when that nation tries to "Fortify", they get that message. It's at this point that nation is completely !@#$ ed and can't shit to stop anything else. No point to even look at their nation until all the wars have either ended or they finally get beiged. Either way, nothing the defender can do. Awesome!

• Upvote 1

X4EfkAB.png

When an alliance gets hit at the start of a war, fortify would be totally useless to them if based on military counts. May as well revert to the old system.

I don't hate this system myself. It's somewhat balanced out how much I earn but hasn't made it impossible to still make money doing what I do.

i cant see how you could possibly complain about this new system, it makes it impossible for people to steal from you, and easy for you to steal from idiot slacker.

• Administrators

I am locking this thread, because this isn't a bug. If you'd like to continue your conversation about the mechanics, please do so outside of the Tech Support subforum.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link