Cornerstone's Priests Survey the Battlefield

Rob Semloh

lol, I'm not active enough to even know which side has the advantage so that doesn't really mean much :P Also, I'm set to gain billions in damages so honestly the idea that I decided to join for an easy war with little to lose is pretty funny :lol: It sounds like somebody is bitter they didn't get a chance to spar with me :P Hit me up in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) if you want another war (open to anybody, its boring there at the moment...) ;)

That's because kiwis can't fly, everyone knows that

The Grand Pilus was posting his own beliefs and hopes. However he must go along with the Senate vote on the affair which took place after this was posted and by a vote of 8-6-1 (aye-nay-abstain) Cornerstone decided to get involved. The GP can't just order us to war like other alliances and most things are voted on. And hence why after any war starts it takes us a maximum of three days to actually declare or get involved (extenuating circumstances barred)(two for voting limits and one for actual prep and talk with allies if it hasn't been done already).

This is good information to know.  We'll be sure to exploit this next time your allies get attacked.   :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

To be fair, we really weren't planning on it. We hope for a fast conclusion (but that could just be hoping) and have lots of respect for TEst and friends and still wish them the best.

True story, and thank you guys

OvsfySW.png

This is good information to know.  We'll be sure to exploit this next time your allies get attacked.   :ph34r:

Note that I said extenuating circumstances barred. :P Shifting over to Discord has upped our response time and we are more and more aiming for the result is agreed upon as soon as one gets a majority. My three days max estimate was how long it would take us to agree on war before Discord when we focused on forums and Slack (which required an allied request, it being agreed by several Senators in Slack, the poll being established in the forum to decide to go to war or not, and all Senators being messaged to get on the forums to vote). Now it is more or less "Bring it up to a vote in the vote thread, you have 24 hours or until a quorum to be reached. Just type in 'Aye' 'Nay' or 'Abstain'"

So in theory we could be at war the same day depending on how proactive we are and what time we bring it to a vote (and when our allies ask if we want to join in or not). It took us just 16 hours to vote on it and 19 to actually declare war.

Edited by Rache Olderen

UQllJcz.png?2

2nd, 4th, and 6th Adelphotes Princeps of Cornerstone, Ambassador to Black Knights, 4th Grand Pilus of Cornerstone, 2nd Chaplain of Cornerstone, 5th Questor Princeps of Cornerstone

Note that I said extenuating circumstances barred. :P Shifting over to Discord has upped our response time and we are more and more aiming for the result is agreed upon as soon as one gets a majority. My three days max estimate was how long it would take us to agree on war before Discord when we focused on forums and Slack (which required an allied request, it being agreed by several Senators in Slack, the poll being established in the forum to decide to go to war or not, and all Senators being messaged to get on the forums to vote). Now it is more or less "Bring it up to a vote in the vote thread, you have 24 hours or until a quorum to be reached. Just type in 'Aye' 'Nay' or 'Abstain'"

So in theory we could be at war the same day depending on how proactive we are and what time we bring it to a vote (and when our allies ask if we want to join in or not). It took us just 16 hours to vote on it and 19 to actually declare war.

I'm uncertain of what your exact M level of treaty is, but if it's a straight M level treaty, shouldn't it be an immediate declaration of war rather than !@#$ footing around and dithering while wringing your hands until the obvious winner has been asserted?  If it's an Mn level treaty, shouldn't you be completely staying out of this since your allies are the ones that began the war as an aggressive war?  If you're exercising it as an oA, what exactly does that say about you to declare on a series of alliances that are completely outgunned and that allies didn't need help with?  Wouldn't the smarter thing to have been to stay in peace mode and help get cash available to help your allies post war?  I dunno, I guess I"ve never really seen CS actually live up to what it professes.

Don't get me wrong.  The more the merrier, I just think it's a little silly to declare war when you can't actually do anything materially (in any meaningful way).

why would you even need to vote if you have a mutual defense pact. you already voted you would go to war when you voted to sign that treaty

This.  Plus what I said above.

It's mutual with a non-chaining option with everyone except The Coalition, which is a straight mutual defense treaty. 

EDIT: And TLF, who we protect, which is more of a one-way thing.

So, basically you oA'd into something you didn't need to oA into?  Why take the political backlash?  Though, I guess the only political backlash you really care about is what the people on your side have.

Everyone voted in or out for different reasons... some voted out for the reasons you have pointed out but for others it was a case of our friends and allies asked us to. It could be seen as the paperless philosophy having an impact on how alliances view their treaties I suppose.

So, basically you oA'd into something you didn't need to oA into?  Why take the political backlash?  Though, I guess the only political backlash you really care about is what the people on your side have.

No, so far as we're concerned even with the non-chaining aspect to the treaty it is manditory for us.  The real reason for having it is to prevent us from being dragged into a war which is obviously immoral from our side as opposed to sitting out when we feel like it ;)  All those I've been fighting so far in TEst have been been honorable and a pleasure to fight with so far, lets not tarnish their image by trying to twist words for propaganda Bambino :) 

Without abandoning our treaty partners and obligations therein, it is not much of a secret that we are trying to mostly stay out of the upcoming festivities due to some religious consensus among our leaders.

We still want to contribute, however, so we have decided to bless the battlefield before it becomes soaked in blood, gunpowder, and unexploded ordinance.

Apparently although you "tried" to stay "mostly" out of the war, you failed.  Well, as the saying goes, "If at first you don't succeed, try try again."  At least the battlefield is blessed I suppose.  Better luck next war.

(or you could just not post a position on the war without being sure of your position, but maybe that's just me)

Edited by Sylvia

lol, I'm not active enough to even know which side has the advantage so that doesn't really mean much :P  Also, I'm set to gain billions in damages so honestly the idea that I decided to join for an easy war with little to lose is pretty funny  :lol: It sounds like somebody is bitter they didn't get a chance to spar with me :P  Hit me up in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) if you want another war (open to anybody, its boring there at the moment...) ;)

mfw my first degree was in medicine and i still had 10 minutes a day to fight and then go back to studying.

yVHTSLQ.png

(TEst lives on but I'm in BK stronk now and too lazy to change the image)

mfw my first degree was in medicine and i still had 10 minutes a day to fight and then go back to studying.

That may be true, the problem is I do quite a lot IRL besides just my degree (president of a medical society and organizing the national committee for it, trying to get a few research papers published and quite an active social life among many other things). I don't have a smartphone so its not quite as easy for me to quickly log on <_< What are you planning on specializing in Saeton? :)

Edited by Les Paul Supreme

That may be true, the problem is I do quite a lot IRL besides just my degree (president of a medical society and organizing the national committee for it, trying to get a few research papers published and quite an active social life among many other things). I don't have a smartphone so its not quite as easy for me to quickly log on <_< What are you planning on specializing in Saeton? :)

Why do you not have a smartphone? 

Why do you not have a smartphone? 

They cost a lot both to buy and to run.  I also need a pretty sturdy phone as I do a lot of outdoor extreme sports :P  For example, I forgot my current phone was in my pocket a month back when I went swimming in the sea XD  Thankfully its fully waterproof though so it was fine :)  Its quite handy having a phone which lasts for a week on one charge when I'm mountaineering as well (although the lack of a decent camera on it is a bit of a pain at times) :)  I also quite like not being connected the entire time rather than doing things IRL :)

Edited by Les Paul Supreme

You're too nice. I almost feel bad you're getting rolled :o

lol Mr.Salt, maybe we can show the true screenshots!

TEst:

wijIhXR.jpg

Edited by Red

Peace will never be accomplished without war, but war cannot happen without peace.... or something like that idk