12/25/2016 - Christmas War Update

Alex

Don't forget to change this as well:

If you lost a war, you have 5 days of Beige protection before you get turned to Gray. You can change from Beige at any time, but doing so makes your nation vulnerable to new attacks, so keep that in mind!

@Rozalia I think the point is that he's encouraging beiging in order to give losing sides chances to regroup, instead of the 'never beige, continually stomp' method

01:58:39 <BeowulftheSecond> Belisarius of The Byzantine Empire has sent your nation $0.00, 0.00 food, 0.00 coal, 0.00 oil, 0.00 uranium, 0.00 lead, 0.00 iron, 0.00 bauxite, 0.00 gasoline, 0.00 munitions, 1,000.00 steel, and 0.00 aluminum from the alliance bank of Rose.
01:58:46 <BeowulftheSecond> someone please explain 
01:59:12 <%Belisarius> sleep deprivatin is a &#33;@#&#036; @_@
01:59:14 â€” %Belisarius shrugs
01:59:18 <BeowulftheSecond> we're at WAR. WE ARE BURNING EACH OTHER'S PIXELS

@Rozalia I think the point is that he's encouraging beiging in order to give losing sides chances to regroup, instead of the 'never beige, continually stomp' method

And how are the losing side supposed to do that if they lose at least half their stuff in the opening phase? Now among everything else people have to ration what they can have on themselves, ridiculous. 

Edited by Rozalia

Non-related war changes:

• Read receipts added to messages

Not even shitposting, this has to be one of my least favorite changes. I keep putting off replying to some messages. Now they'll know I'm lazy. 

• Upvote 2

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

96f734ba076149a28adf8fa886283ae9.png

so long you sacks of $@#%, you will NOT be missed.

http://imgur.com/a/Me4Xd

:|

Not even shitposting, this has to be one of my least favorite changes. I keep putting off replying to some messages. Now they'll know I'm lazy. 

So that's why you never reply D: 

:P

• Upvote 1

Why do missiles and nukes no longer work on the nation api? They still appear on the nation pages.

• Upvote 1

☾☆

Priest of Dio

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

Fortify doesn't appear in the timeline. Smooth move, Sheepy.

• Upvote 1

☾☆

Priest of Dio

Hm, with the new changes, I don't see how a "losing side" can really rally back into a war but I guess we'll wait to see what happens when beiging starts going on, if it does.

I think a rework of the military buyback should've been thought of when introducing a war module that's suppose to cater to a back-and-forth style of warfare you were imagining, Sheepy.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Hm, with the new changes, I don't see how a "losing side" can really rally back into a war but I guess we'll wait to see what happens when beiging starts going on, if it does.

I think a rework of the military buyback should've been thought of when introducing a war module that's suppose to cater to a back-and-forth style of warfare you were imagining, Sheepy.

Are you surprised by this?

-signature removed for rules violation-

Yeah, how are people supposed to rebuild if they get beiged and only have 2 days now? They can't even rebuild half their tanks or planes.

• Upvote 1

☾☆

Priest of Dio

Yeah, how are people supposed to rebuild if they get beiged and only have 2 days now? They can't even rebuild half their tanks or planes.

I think he was picturing that the stacking of beige days will help this, but we could just as easily let wars expire with minimal attacks to keep military pinned down.

Sure, it'll lower the Infra damage over time, but that isn't necessarily the whole point of a war.

• Downvote 1

• Administrators

If someone has 0 soldiers and tanks, they shouldn't be able to kill your soldiers and tanks, eh?

When you attack someone, they get a defensive bonus based on their population. It's small (0.25% of their population in combat value) but can potentially kill some Soldiers/Tanks. Think of it as civilians resisting your invasion.

Why do missiles and nukes no longer work on the nation api? They still appear on the nation pages.

Ah, I'll add those back. Took them off when I was testing having that information hidden, forgot to put them back on on the API.

Fortify doesn't appear in the timeline. Smooth move, Sheepy.

I didn't throw that in there, I suppose that I ought to.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Yeah, ground sticks around a good bit. I'm about to have a war end with our lovable duckposter on these forums, and neither of us have even touched each other's military. The new strat seems to be to rush your opponent's air/sea before they can do much of anything.

☾☆

High Priest of Dio

Sheepy I think you overdid it on the tank buff. These numbers are just downright silly for losses in a ground attack.

Maybe go to 75% of the old loss rate rather than 50%?

☾☆

Priest of Dio

• Jax locked this topic