12/25/2016 - Christmas War Update

Alex

• Administrators

Okay everyone, the long anticipated war update has been pushed live. Here are a list of the changes made:

• Wars now have a system called 'resistance'. Each sides starts the war with 100 resistance, and resistance is reduced through every attack. When your opponent's resistance reaches 0, you take 20% of their money, 10% of each of their resources, and automatically destroys 10% of the infrastructure in each of their cities. They are sent to Beige, but for only 2 days. This is to add a more visual component to wars, and encourage people to want to win wars.
  • Tank casualties have been reduced by half in Ground Battles. This is to help make wars less expensive.
  • Loot amounts are listed in Timelines.
  • Nuclear weapons no longer send the opponent immediately to beige
  • When winning a war and sending an opponent to beige, if they are already beige you will not reset them back to 2 days, you will instead add 2 days to their beige time. This is a buff to players who are losing multiple wars.
  • Fortify military action has been added which costs 3 MAPs, increases your resistance by 10, and causes your opponent to take 10% more casualties if they attack you while you're fortified
  • You cannot destroy Missiles and Nukes that have been built that day
  • Gather Intelligence espionage operations will not count against the target's daily limit of spy operations. This will combat espionage slot filling.
  • Ships killed in Airstrikes reduced by 5%

Non-related war changes:

• Read receipts added to messages
  • Link to Discord channel added to the sidebar
  • Military purchase fields default to the maximum number you can buy
  • Must complete a captcha to execute Espionage operations
  • Ability to disable baseball team
  • Players online count added to sidebar
  • Will begin tracking Infrastructure Lost, as well as Money Looted

Hopefully everyone will be able to find a change they like here. It will take some time to adjust to the changes in mechanics, but I trust that things will move along smoothly and we'll quickly be able to resolve and kinks in the update.

All nations have been granted temporary Beige protection, for (at least) the next 12 turns. New war declarations have been enabled, so if you're feeling particularly antsy, you can leave Beige early and fight each other if you'd like.

The next update will be sometime in the next two weeks, and will be related to the Espionage system.

Enjoy!

• Upvote 2

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Administrators

Question, two nukes now equals beige right? So I'd you get a nuke from one then a nuke from another is that beige? Cheers xoxo

No -- Nukes reduce resistance by 25. Your resistance needs to go from 100 to 0 to be beiged. So at most, you could take 4 nukes in a single war.

You're probably thinking two nukes because if you were playing (in my opinion, smartly) against an opponent who was only using nuclear weapons against you (to try and hit you with 4) you could defeat him in conventional warfare (ground battles, airstrikes, naval battles, or some combination) quick enough that he would only be able to hit you with two nuclear weapons before you beiged him.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

No -- Nukes reduce resistance by 25. Your resistance needs to go from 100 to 0 to be beiged. So at most, you could take 4 nukes in a single war.

You're probably thinking two nukes because if you were playing (in my opinion, smartly) against an opponent who was only using nuclear weapons against you (to try and hit you with 4) you could defeat him in conventional warfare (ground battles, airstrikes, naval battles, or some combination) quick enough that he would only be able to hit you with two nuclear weapons before you beiged him.

Fair sorry I thought I'd read you say elsewhere you'd changed it from 1 to 2. Thanks for the clarification.

• Upvote 1
T7Vrilp.png

• Administrators

Can resistance go above 100? I.e. I use my initial MAP's to fortify, does my resistance go from 100 -> 110?

Yes, that is correct.

• Upvote 1

Forums Rules | Game Link

And, just to clarify:

"Fortify military action has been added which costs 3 MAPs, increases your resistance by 10, and causes your opponent to take 10% more casualties if they attack you while you're fortified"

What does "when you're fortified" mean? Are you fortified for the rest of the war? For the next 3 turns? Just for their next attack? Etc.

Should just dump IRC completly. Not even worth keeping around as a legacy method tbh.

Agreed.

• Upvote 1

☾☆

High Priest of Dio

And, just to clarify:

"Fortify military action has been added which costs 3 MAPs, increases your resistance by 10, and causes your opponent to take 10% more casualties if they attack you while you're fortified"

What does "when you're fortified" mean? Are you fortified for the rest of the war? For the next 3 turns? Just for their next attack? Etc.

Agreed.

"Fortify is a military action that digs in your forces in preparation for an enemy attack. While Fortified against an opponent, that opponent will take 10% more casualties when attacking you. Fortifying will increase your Resistance by 10 points, prolonging the war. You can use Fortify more than once, and it will increase your Resistance by 10 each time, but the increase in opponent casualties will not stack.

The Fortify action requires 3 Military Action Points to execute. If you attack your opponent after Fortifying, your forces will no longer be Fortified, and your opponent will not receive additional casualties."

From test server. 

EDIT: Nmv. Question still stands I guess. Does an opponent attacking you cancel fortify or it stays until you attack?

Edited by Tywin Lannister
  • Upvote 1

My leaderboard program (https://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/16632-the-alliance-leaderboards/) is getting the following for the individual alliance API:

{ "success":false, "general_message":"Invalid API key." }

It looks like this update also implemented the API key thing for at least the individual alliance API though I see no mention of it anywhere. Was that accidental?

Edited by Shadow
  • Upvote 2
tvPWtuA.gif

Does the casualty penalty the opponent takes stack when multiple Fortifies are used?

edit: nvm was answered above.

He said in another thread that you remain "fortified" and the opponent receives the 10% penalty until you launch an attack against them. So if you never attack, the penalty remains.

Edited by Ren

• Administrators

And, just to clarify:

Agreed.

Once you do a Fortify operation, you'll see "Fortified" on the wars page, just like you would "Blockade" or "Ground Control." You'll stay Fortified until you do an attack.

"Fortify is a military action that digs in your forces in preparation for an enemy attack. While Fortified against an opponent, that opponent will take 10% more casualties when attacking you. Fortifying will increase your Resistance by 10 points, prolonging the war. You can use Fortify more than once, and it will increase your Resistance by 10 each time, but the increase in opponent casualties will not stack.

The Fortify action requires 3 Military Action Points to execute. If you attack your opponent after Fortifying, your forces will no longer be Fortified, and your opponent will not receive additional casualties."

From test server. 

EDIT: Nmv. Question still stands I guess. Does an opponent attacking you cancel fortify or it stays until you attack?

An opponent attacking you does not cancel your Fortify. It will cancel their Fortify, if they are Fortified.

Is there somewhere we can see how much resistance the different attacks reduce? Preferably somewhere that is not a random forum post, but somewhere that can be used as a quick reference for posterity.

On every attack page, it does tell you how much resistance it will reduce. I don't have it posted up anywhere particular for easy reference other than various forum posts, so I might as well add this one to the mix:

a4cdf5a37de447e4a3136f9290019fca.png

My leaderboard program (https://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/16632-the-alliance-leaderboards/) is getting the following for the individual alliance API:

{ "success":false, "general_message":"Invalid API key." }

It looks like this update also implemented the API key thing for at least the individual alliance API though I see no mention of it anywhere. Was that accidental?

I'll get that fixed up straightaway, thanks for letting me know.

Why is the treasure bonuses still the same?

They shouldn't be, and I haven't been able to duplicate that yet myself. I expect if anything it's just a display error, if not I'll double check in the morning and see if I can duplicate it then and get it fixed up definitely.

• Upvote 1

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Jax locked this topic