12/24/2016 - Uncounterable Espionage

Alex

Still be head developer? No way - if I'm out, I'm out. I think I'd start playing, and troll the !@#$ out of you or whoever was the new admin. Payback well overdue  :P

Kek, well if you're interested, hit up my PM's with credit sales figures. I'm actually serious btw.

You say that now, but if it had happened to you, you'd be pissing and moaning and screaming like a 5 year old little girl......and everyone knows it.

Like I said, no we wouldn't. We would have coordinated with allies to hit spies -- you wouldn't have been able to take us *all* out at once, and our allies are coordinated enough to counter spy ops. TEST doesn't have organized allies, though, like I said.

Even if MENSA was paperless, though, I don't think we'd complain to Sheepy. We want next war to be harder as it is (why we beiged out SK to let them build up) to go out with a bang.

☾☆

High Priest of Dio

You say that now, but if it had happened to you, you'd be pissing and moaning and screaming like a 5 year old little girl......and everyone knows it.

No. We had one opportunity of being spy blitzed, and while we complained on our internal boards - we didn't cry to Sheepy or complain much of it here on OWF at that time.

We adapted and got our allies involved. Politics.

I can most assuredly tell you we wouldn't have whined (too much) about it. It's nothing new to us.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

EDIT: I do intend to leave this thread open, however, and will consider delaying the changes to the spy system (including the nerf to killing spies, not just not buffing unit kills.)

Even this isn't fair. The forces who started spying took into consideration that their actions will be revealed and gave up the initial strike/element of surprise in exchange for using the new mechanics.

This is being punished for literally playing the game by your rules. It's not anyones fault that TEst is unable to come up with friendly alliances to counter-spy.

• Upvote 2

It is an interesting argument you make Jerry. It runs counter to all evidence but is unprovable. Every single time Sheepy made changes MENSA, mostly we are not monolythic, was against it. Didn't matter if we knew we could use those changes for our advantage or not. Also, when we get beat we put on our big girl panties, figure out why we lost, and get good.

So, no, we wouldn't have. I thought the same would have been true for pre/TESt but no. He and you folks ended up being -what did you call it? Pissing, moaning, sreaming 5 year old girls. I think that about sums it up, yes.

Edited by LordRahl2

-signature removed for rules violation-

It seems like no one else would have been !@#$ over this if it happened to them. I mean really, what is the way to deal with a spying AA once they have been found out? You declare on them and blow them back to the stone age. Since Sheep's, in his infinate wisdom, forgot to disable the spy ops portion of the game during the same time as the war declaration was down was a pretty big !@#$ up IMO and one that should be fixed because he !@#$ed up. If the same thing would have happened to Mensa or TKR or BK or anyone else, they'd be !@#$ about it too, so to everyone else out there, get the !@#$ off your high horse.

Actually. While I'd be upset if deal with it. And excited for war to be able to begin.

Sheepys mess up is his own. You had just the same ability to strike. You did not. So don't get pissy because other alliance played the game and did it well.

39fb0c29716d84588918693fef6b7c9c.png