War Map - may or may not be updated

johnl023

You tell me.  SK attacked BK, which I assume is due to defense of Night's Watch.

Otherwise BK warred Night's Watch, which from looking through history, some members of Night's Watch had raided them in the past, or their protectorates/fellows in OO.

I mean, I certainly could have missed something while looking through BK's war page. But it looked to me as though they're the ones that hit SK/NW. Otherwise I rode have added a blue line from them to BK. Do correct me if I'm wrong so I can update the war map.

gkt70Td.png

Last update: Dec. 20, 5:00 PM PST

http://imgur.com/5QqAsjr

I'll take in account any wars- including both the Paperless-Alpha War and the Valyria-everyone else War.

If I forget something - please tell me.

We hit NW people too, don't see that on there. 

Alright, looking again it looks like Mikey was first to hit BK, then BK swarmed them. Idk. I can't tell if SK just !@#$ed up the blitz that bad or if it was just Mikey acting on his own...

We "swarmed" them because they actually declared on us, not just because we saw one guy hit us. Lol.

Alright, looking again it looks like Mikey was first to hit BK, then BK swarmed them. Idk. I can't tell if SK just !@#$ed up the blitz that bad or if it was just Mikey acting on his own...

There was no blitz, I think I was the only one attacking them. We declared war on them after they hit Nights Watch. Our Dow was also technically meant as a war on anybody who hits our allies. Thus if you want you can consider us at "war" with Rose, Obelisk, TCW, Loarderon as well.

The extra DoW's were something I threw in there and is mostly symbolic since we obviously have our hands full with Mensa, though anyone with mil to use had been authorized to hit all of the above. It may not make any difference materially, but in the spirit of the season we can't rightly ignore the alliances coming with presents to our friends now can we? If we don't give back, or at least "attempt" to, we'd not be in very good cheer.

Really all it means is that we are all in this together and there will be no peace, whatever that will mean, with one of us without the other two.

Edited by Mikey
  • Upvote 1

Archduke Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, Lord Paramount of the Reach, Warden of the South, Breaker of Forums.

It's good to see you back Mikey :v

Also, Bradley Davis and his gang of immature twelvies getting rolled isn't a surprise (Some of the shit they came out with they were really begging for someone to hit them). I guess this also goes down as another failed Morgan alliance.

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

Not a smart move, just the least dumb one available right before update. A smart one would have been to militarize based on their ally getting hit and the general uptick in military numbers across orbis.. Pre-empting us was just the most efficient to use their paltry military. The fact that they are selling military already is further proof.

To be fair they did recently have their military vaporised before all this.

• Upvote 1

We would've given a couple more days, but the vagueness of Sheepy's post on when he was closing the wars prompted us to act sooner.  (He did state the days, sorta, but we all know how he is with implementing changes)

I agree, next time.  I don't think there's ever been a planned 1v1, but it would be interesting to see.

Actually there sorta has, but someone refused to do it until after day 2 or 3 of their war, after it started. The only thing was that the war was bumped up by a couple weeks due to some poor planning/execution on another person's part. They'll deny it, but it was in the works for some time to war.

Edit: Also, SK didn't DoW on BK. It's the other way around. I assume it's the same reason Mensa is warring SK.  Ok, so it was snuck in, but I didn't technically authorize it at the time of writing.

Edited by Valdoroth

To be fair they did recently have their military vaporised before all this.

Couple of things about that. Only their upper tier got hit and that conflict was over through a couple of days changes before they Yolo swag blitzed. IIRC, there readiness only went from 33 to 38 between sk getting hit and hitting us. That's 5 percent of a potential 46 ish percent that could have been built through 2 phases.

And attacking us just opened them up to more damage through more slots. 4 to 5 instead of 3.

Edit: Also, SK didn't DoW on BK. It's the other way around. I assume it's the same reason Mensa is warring SK.

I may have snuck a DoW on BK into our thread. I self identify as illiterate though, so its all good. Charter can't apply to me if I can't read it ;)

And of course they hit NW first, which effectively meant a war with us as one was bound to happen. They only officially declared hostilities in writing after we did though (not even sure if NW was included in that. I'd check the thread, but hey, illiterate). 

And attacking us just opened them up to more damage through more slots. 4 to 5 instead of 3.

I'm not quite sure I agree with this though. Maybe Obelisk and TCW and Loarderon would have stayed out (I doubt loarderon), but I'm not really sure they make much material difference. Its perhaps not a very optimistic thing to say, but even just against you, BK and Mensa they'll still have their slots filled. Lets face it they'd still be burned to the ground as much as you want them to be, so they figured they'd get in what they could while they could still take the fight somewhat on their terms, before getting their militaries obliterated.

EDIT: Nevermind you aren't talking about opening themselves to the treaties, you mean they include their own offensive slots with the defensive, increasing the fronts against them. Its not wrong, to be sure, but truthfully, much as I hate to admit it, we were all pretty poorly prepared for this. The general feeling was that whatever damage you wanted to do, you're gonna be able to do. Maybe this brings it faster, but its going to come one way or another as what allies were engaged and you have enough nations to have only 1 offensive war per nation and still fill all our slots.

Certainly once you and everyone else blitz them its going to be game over for their militaries pretty quick (and there's nobody else they can coordinate with to relieve the pressure). The decision was basically they'd rather maximize whatever damage could be done at that point, by hitting first, even at the cost of taking their own damage more quickly. Was it worth it? Depends on what you want to get out of it really. In a purely pragmatic sense perhaps not, but we all basically figured screw it, war is here, we're probably gonna lose, lets play it as we can and find the fun in it.

Edited by Mikey

Archduke Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, Lord Paramount of the Reach, Warden of the South, Breaker of Forums.