War Map - may or may not be updated

johnl023

Wasn't it Alpha who hit Arrgh and not the other way around? (britanniapw wmap)

On second thought, yes.

Since this is the one ambiguous DoW, I'll just put both as having attacked/raided each other in the next update.

Edited by johnl023

Alpha recognized hostilities due to Arrgh's mass raids. So, in my opinion, Arrgh attacked Alpha and are placed on the "aggressor's" side. (red lines)

I see, you could see it that way I suppose (don't Fark and Polaris have the same sort of thing going though?). I think its not quite representative of what actually happened however.

On second thought, yes.

Since this is the one ambiguous DoW, I'll just put both as having attacked/raided each other in the next update.

For yours, Roz Wei has not declared on Alpha. 

I see, you could see it that way I suppose (don't Fark and Polaris have the same sort of thing going though?). I think its not quite representative of what actually happened however.

A war map isn't meant to be representative of what happened. It's just meant to show who's fighting who. Fark and Polar countered so they get lines to the people they attacked. The way I make it is the very first aggressor gets the red side, and the one attacked gets blue. Anyone countering or entering on the side of the initial aggressor will also be on the red side, and anyone attacking or countering in favor of the side that got hit first is also placed on the blue side. Fark and Polar are certainly the ones that hit Arrgh but they're on the blue side. Wouldn't make sense to place them on red as that would mean they're on your side. I can also see that there's room for interpretation over who the "aggressor" is in your war. This is just my interpretation, and you're free to disagree. =)

gkt70Td.png

Anyone want to fill me in on why there is a separate war going on with SK and everyone else? I literally just saw "This is Christmas" and "!@#$ you, Kwanzaa bish!" Unless Valyria et. al. is fighting over which holiday is superior.

In that case, I'm with the Dioists and Christmas? Damn, I never thought I would be saying those words. 

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

Honestly we, as in Mensa, was looking for a equally sized fight.  We threw out a couple of hints in hopes that it'd get picked up on who we were targeting ( I mean, we weren't going to outright tell people, that wouldn't be fun ), but nothing happened.  Despite some members having issues with SK, that was the legit honest reason - SK is similar to our size.

Couple of people guessed who we were going to attack correctly though once they saw our militarization buildup.

Then it just snowballed from there.  Pun intended, given the holiday season.

I think the fact that SK wasn't told Mensa was targeting them says something.  Perhaps their FA needs to step up and talk around more?  I don't know.   :ph34r:

I know Knight's Watch is getting hit from others because they happen to have a few raid happy people in their alliance that has been extremely annoying lately.  

SK is getting hit because we wanted to fight them.  

Valyria jumped on Rose in pre-empt (Smart move, although they don't match the military numbers).  

Order of Shadows is getting hit just from extension of the war (Seriously, Protectorates need to realize that unless they plan on growing into a serious alliance, they're a weak link and should immediately prepare for war at the outbreak of any conflict happening).

Lordaeron jumped on Valyria because they're defending Rose Kastor wants to say he won a war.

Commonwealth and Oblivion have issues with Valyria.

The Valyria dogpile was long coming.  Even I knew what was going on there and from what I've seen, they kinda asked for it.  Hopefully after this, they can work out the differences and Valyria learns a lesson in FA on how to approach alliances without stepping on the toes of long established alliances - unless they were looking to pick an eventual fight.

In the end, I guess you can say we're seeing the old War Module off with a final holiday bang.

Edited by Buorhann
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

So, tdlr, for Christmas? 

Sounds legit. Go lead your righteous crusade to bring back gifts for the children! 

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

Eh, i think a planned 1v1 would have been pretty sweet.

Next time.

We would've given a couple more days, but the vagueness of Sheepy's post on when he was closing the wars prompted us to act sooner.  (He did state the days, sorta, but we all know how he is with implementing changes)

I agree, next time.  I don't think there's ever been a planned 1v1, but it would be interesting to see.

Edited by Buorhann
  • Downvote 1

Valyria jumped on Rose in pre-empt (Smart move, although they don't match the military numbers).  

Not a smart move, just the least dumb one available right before update. A smart one would have been to militarize based on their ally getting hit and the general uptick in military numbers across orbis.. Pre-empting us was just the most efficient to use their paltry military. The fact that they are selling military already is further proof.

Pre-empting us was just the most efficient to use their paltry military.

That's what I mean, given the circumstances, it was the best option they had to take.

Edited by Buorhann
  • Downvote 1

You tell me.  SK attacked BK, which I assume is due to defense of Night's Watch.

Otherwise BK warred Night's Watch, which from looking through history, some members of Night's Watch had raided them in the past, or their protectorates/fellows in OO.

• Downvote 1

Lordaeron jumped on Valyria because they're defending Rose Kastor wants to say he won a war.

Or maybe, just maybe, we had issues with Valyria/Nightts Watch and we decided to hit them this time around too. I've won other wars, and I don't base war declarations or FA policy off of what Mensa's resident hippo believes.

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

Or maybe, just maybe, we had issues with Valyria/Nightts Watch and we decided to hit them this time around too. I've won other wars, and I don't base war declarations or FA policy off of what Mensa's resident hippo believes.

6b85347c9d6c473ec32899fe8fc3704b.jpg

• Upvote 1