Za Warudo Christmas in Seven Kingdoms

Buorhann

Correction, we dropped you. Get your facts straight.

Then you're even more incompetent than I thought, tbh. Why would you drop the only thing keeping your alliance from being perma-rolled?

Edit: I mean, you should have at least had something else lined up before you dropped out.

Edited by Spooner

☾☆

High Priest of Dio

Then you're even more incompetent than I thought, tbh. Why would you drop the only thing keeping your alliance from being perma-rolled?

Edit: I mean, you should have at least had something else lined up before you dropped out.

I mean, We had Rose. Who did what Rose does best. 

Edited by Callum

HoloSig2017.png.afe1505c82cc3db09be025a9

I mean, We had Rose. Who proceeded to shit the bed. 

Listen, I've been working 50 hour weeks in the run up to Christmas. I'm tired, I'm sore and I'm sick. I have a 10 hour shift today, which will mean that i will be spending the wee hours of Christmas morning counting boxes alone in a warehouse.

I have neither the time nor the energy required to pull your head out from your ass and set the facts straight. So if you could do that of your own accord, that would be swell.

• Upvote 1

Where would you like to start? where you guys ignored our requests to be informed of any manner of planning, or to slow down and talk when you finally dropped the ball that you wanted to war within what, 2 days?  Or maybe, just maybe. its when you abandoned us to our fate when you refused to assist us, happily forgetting that we answered your call to help the day before. 

You'll have to forgive me, i don't recall what position you held at the time. But if it was MoD You're well aware that you blatantly ignored us unless it benefited you . Hell I had a longer conversation with Manthrax than I did with Rose in the entirety of our short lived Alliance.   

But you're right, my head is stuck up my ass. but not for blissful ignorance. no its up there as its the only place safe from your blithering incompetence. 

Edited by Callum

HoloSig2017.png.afe1505c82cc3db09be025a9

So the answer to my question "why drop us if you had nobody else to back you up" is:

"We had someone else, but they clearly didn't care about us at all"

Brilliant political maneuvering. Your house would be killed off in Season 1 of GoT.

• Upvote 1

☾☆

High Priest of Dio

I have neither the time nor the energy required to pull your head out from your ass and set the facts straight. So if you could do that of your own accord, that would be swell.

I agree we should all take a step back and relax this Christmas and just enjoy ourselves, but if you think we have our heads up our asses being dissatisfied with you, we must have been playing two completely different PWs.

Look, I can't pretend to know why you guys planned the silent war, seeing as nobody in SK was told about it. Maybe you guys really tried to make a new sphere and things didn't work out. Certainly we can commiserate. But you either had a complete disregard for your allies or deliberately kept us out of all information pertaining to the war. Instead you wait until things were largely planned and settled, and with 10 hours before your blitz you guys come to us and basically say "hey we're launching this massive coalition against t$ and their allies. We attack tomorrow, you guys are in charge of t$, good luck!" God forbid we be given any input on a potential war you intended to involve us in, or any time to prepare for it or militarize (granted we had been militarizing in line with every other alliance, and I freely admit we misread t$ tactics and would have lost that war regardless. I see that as besides the point however). I suppose we should be happy we even got that much notice because all of our subsiquent inquiries about what we considered pertinant information - you know, what time exactly are you blitzing? Who else is involved? Are we fighting t$ alone or with others we need to coordinate with? What exactly is going on? - went completely unanswered.

How are we supposed to take that? Either you're an alliance that simply doesn't talk to its partners and didn't think things like coordination, or, you know, literally any kind of advanced knowledge of a conflict are important aspects of war planning. Or you deliberately withheld the information from us and only sprang the war at the latest possible date because you knew we would have strongly objected and wanted to present a a near fait accompli we would feel compelled to go along with. Well in hind sight we should have immediately dropped you then and there (I don't see how we could realistically have stayed out while remaining allied). We made it pretty clear we wanted to make something new and were leaving our longtime allies specifically because we had enough of that exact same war going on every three months. Doing something - anything - other than that on repeat was the one thing we cared about moving forward, and the one thing that was hid from us until many considered too late. Drastic options could have been taken, but it was a decision that ultimately we didn't feel comfortable making in the  timetable. I mean, in a sense it is impressive. You played us quite brilliantly and I cannot deny that. But its also not exactly something that made us look back with much fondness on our alliance together.

You dropped the ball with us that war. We've dropped the ball before too. Hell we dropped the ball once by trying to !@#$ over you, and you'll never catch me trying to whitewash that. There's things in SK's history I'm extremely proud of. There's things I'm not. Trashtalking is part and parcel of war threads and I suppose part of the experience. I won't begrudge anyone the fun of that. But neither of our alliances can exactly pretend we have spotless histories. I'm not going to try and pretend we haven't !@#$ed up before or done shitty things. You can't pretend you guys didn't then either. Both of us have changed a lot over the course of our histories here, personally I've never bought into the "lol rose not even a real aa" bit (at least as its used seriously outside of general thread shittalk) and I buy it less now. There's a lot to look fondly on in the past, but there is no denying the negatives either.

Edit: I mean, you should have at least had something else lined up before you dropped out

Because, believe it or not, pixels aren't anything, and we just didn't like what we were doing anymore. We tried lining things up, we spoke to a large number of alliances on all sides and no sides, and ultimately nobody wanted to leave their allies, which we figured was quite fair enough. Its a rather drastic move and if you're enjoying the thing you've got going than you should absolutely keep it. But we weren't enjoying what we had going in your camp anymore. While very few people had any ill will towards any of our then current allies, we just weren't having a lot of fun anymore. There's always been a degree of ambivalence about the game, in a mechanical sense, in SK (though in times past we had a bit more optimism regarding how it would be updated and improved). As we personally began to find the political situation not as interesting, the game also lost some luster. So the alliance came to a pretty unanimous decision to try something else, because why not? We knew full well we couldn't be as "successful" in a traditional sense by leaving than staying with our old allies who, as we knew first hand, were some of the best fighters and most cohesive allies around. But whats the point of winning a game if you don't enjoy it? This is what I think some people miss when they say our efforts since leaving have been a failure. Well I wouldn't call things a success compared to the high hopes we had, for sure. But staying would have been a failure too because its just not what we felt like doing.

I don't have any issues with the tactics you or we used to employ, I don't have any negative feelings about, well truthfully anybody here. I don't care about "hegemoney" this or that. We just realized we'd enjoy more trying something else out, even if it meant potentially losing out, because it seemed more interesting. I don't regret that choice.

I know many consider leaving that sphere to be the worst decision we've ever made. In a purely in character pragmatic sense, that may not be wrong. Our security is more threatened and any goals of "dominance" should we have them harder to achieve. But we have always seen the game as about more than just the numbers on the Alliances page. Hard as it may be to believe we've enjoyed ourselves since then even if a lot of things haven't petered out. We still enjoy playing together, we enjoy some of the people we've met since. We still look to the future with interest for what comes next. We're getting rolled. Maybe we'll get rolled again. Maybe we're drifting. But internally at least we were drifting then too. I don't know if we'll found our way, but I do know all of us will enjoy the journey trying.

Edited by Mikey
  • Upvote 2

Archduke Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, Lord Paramount of the Reach, Warden of the South, Breaker of Forums.

NPO 2.0 its all about having fun yall

FOR STEVE!

To make this not reported, have a sentence.

Another one

Mikey your dog is cute. Bam. Conversed for stece.

:sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:               :sheepy:              :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy:

Greatkitteh was here.-

They probably didn't tell you because they didn't want it to leak

I dont think Rose can judge an alliance on leaking blitzes.

:sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:               :sheepy:              :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy:

Greatkitteh was here.-

Well it was the first war in Rose's history to not leak. People got very upset that they didn't know but telling everyone isn't in my interest or theirs. Most of my gov would be a good example on that front. I've probably had about 5 people cry to me about not knowing more, those 5 people likely would have told another 5 people and before you know it somewhere in that line a leak would have happened as it did time and time again. 

I'm not responding to the walls of texts or anything else tbqh because I really don't feel like talking about SK. It isn't in your interests for me to talk about you either, believe me.

Now if you'll excuse me, I am going to go enjoy my Christmas.

• Upvote 3

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

Well it was the first war in Rose's history to not leak. People got very upset that they didn't know but telling everyone isn't in my interest or theirs. Most of my gov would be a good example on that front. I've probably had about 5 people cry to me about not knowing more, those 5 people likely would have told another 5 people and before you know it somewhere in that line a leak would have happened as it did time and time again. 

I'm not responding to the walls of texts or anything else tbqh because I really don't feel like talking about SK. It isn't in your interests for me to talk about you either, believe me.

Now if you'll excuse me, I am going to go enjoy my Christmas.

Fair enough. As I've said we've got skeletons in our closet including past mistreatment of you guys. We've contributed our share to the sum of issues between us over the years. Over the course of our histories neither of us have been very good allies to each other at various points :P I'm just not sold callum has "his head up his ass" for some particular feelings.

Of course a lot of this is all standard war shitposting and trash talk. It's been a fun read but I know everyone can step up their game on that - we haven't hid Cody levels yet people! There's a bar to meet

Archduke Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, Lord Paramount of the Reach, Warden of the South, Breaker of Forums.

Fair enough. As I've said we've got skeletons in our closet including past mistreatment of you guys. We've contributed our share to the sum of issues between us over the years. Over the course of our histories neither of us have been very good allies to each other at various points :P I'm just not sold callum has "his head up his ass" for some particular feelings.

Of course a lot of this is all standard war shitposting and trash talk. It's been a fun read but I know everyone can step up their game on that - we haven't hid Cody levels yet people! There's a bar to meet

If you really want to hash it out, I'll happily talk to you in private over this. I am just too busy irl to be bothered to respond in any detail nor do I really like contributing to the soap opera that is the owf. Only came here because people pointed it out to me.

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

If you really want to hash it out, I'll happily talk to you in private over this. I am just too busy irl to be bothered to respond in any detail nor do I really like contributing to the soap opera that is the owf. Only came here because people pointed it out to me.

I don't want to hash anything out. I'm just agreeing that neither of us have much interest in digging too deep into anything as we don't have an amazing track record either. Earlier posts err disagreeing with other characterizations of events. I have no strong animus over anything.

Rose's membership leaks blitzes pretty regularly.

However, SK's leadership is the one to leak blitzes, which tends to annoy allies more -- and generally gives more time for enemies to prepare relative to membership leaks.

• Upvote 5

☾☆

High Priest of Dio

I agree we should all take a step back and relax this Christmas and just enjoy ourselves, but if you think we have our heads up our asses being dissatisfied with you, we must have been playing two completely different PWs.

Look, I can't pretend to know why you guys planned the silent war, seeing as nobody in SK was told about it. Maybe you guys really tried to make a new sphere and things didn't work out. Certainly we can commiserate. But you either had a complete disregard for your allies or deliberately kept us out of all information pertaining to the war. Instead you wait until things were largely planned and settled, and with 10 hours before your blitz you guys come to us and basically say "hey we're launching this massive coalition against t$ and their allies. We attack tomorrow, you guys are in charge of t$, good luck!" God forbid we be given any input on a potential war you intended to involve us in, or any time to prepare for it or militarize (granted we had been militarizing in line with every other alliance, and I freely admit we misread t$ tactics and would have lost that war regardless. I see that as besides the point however). I suppose we should be happy we even got that much notice because all of our subsiquent inquiries about what we considered pertinant information - you know, what time exactly are you blitzing? Who else is involved? Are we fighting t$ alone or with others we need to coordinate with? What exactly is going on? - went completely unanswered.

How are we supposed to take that? Either you're an alliance that simply doesn't talk to its partners and didn't think things like coordination, or, you know, literally any kind of advanced knowledge of a conflict are important aspects of war planning. Or you deliberately withheld the information from us and only sprang the war at the latest possible date because you knew we would have strongly objected and wanted to present a a near fait accompli we would feel compelled to go along with. Well in hind sight we should have immediately dropped you then and there (I don't see how we could realistically have stayed out while remaining allied). We made it pretty clear we wanted to make something new and were leaving our longtime allies specifically because we had enough of that exact same war going on every three months. Doing something - anything - other than that on repeat was the one thing we cared about moving forward, and the one thing that was hid from us until many considered too late. Drastic options could have been taken, but it was a decision that ultimately we didn't feel comfortable making in the  timetable. I mean, in a sense it is impressive. You played us quite brilliantly and I cannot deny that. But its also not exactly something that made us look back with much fondness on our alliance together.

You dropped the ball with us that war. We've dropped the ball before too. Hell we dropped the ball once by trying to !@#$ over you, and you'll never catch me trying to whitewash that. There's things in SK's history I'm extremely proud of. There's things I'm not. Trashtalking is part and parcel of war threads and I suppose part of the experience. I won't begrudge anyone the fun of that. But neither of our alliances can exactly pretend we have spotless histories. I'm not going to try and pretend we haven't !@#$ed up before or done shitty things. You can't pretend you guys didn't then either. Both of us have changed a lot over the course of our histories here, personally I've never bought into the "lol rose not even a real aa" bit (at least as its used seriously outside of general thread shittalk) and I buy it less now. There's a lot to look fondly on in the past, but there is no denying the negatives either.

Because, believe it or not, pixels aren't anything, and we just didn't like what we were doing anymore. We tried lining things up, we spoke to a large number of alliances on all sides and no sides, and ultimately nobody wanted to leave their allies, which we figured was quite fair enough. Its a rather drastic move and if you're enjoying the thing you've got going than you should absolutely keep it. But we weren't enjoying what we had going in your camp anymore. While very few people had any ill will towards any of our then current allies, we just weren't having a lot of fun anymore. There's always been a degree of ambivalence about the game, in a mechanical sense, in SK (though in times past we had a bit more optimism regarding how it would be updated and improved). As we personally began to find the political situation not as interesting, the game also lost some luster. So the alliance came to a pretty unanimous decision to try something else, because why not? We knew full well we couldn't be as "successful" in a traditional sense by leaving than staying with our old allies who, as we knew first hand, were some of the best fighters and most cohesive allies around. But whats the point of winning a game if you don't enjoy it? This is what I think some people miss when they say our efforts since leaving have been a failure. Well I wouldn't call things a success compared to the high hopes we had, for sure. But staying would have been a failure too because its just not what we felt like doing.

I don't have any issues with the tactics you or we used to employ, I don't have any negative feelings about, well truthfully anybody here. I don't care about "hegemoney" this or that. We just realized we'd enjoy more trying something else out, even if it meant potentially losing out, because it seemed more interesting. I don't regret that choice.

I know many consider leaving that sphere to be the worst decision we've ever made. In a purely in character pragmatic sense, that may not be wrong. Our security is more threatened and any goals of "dominance" should we have them harder to achieve. But we have always seen the game as about more than just the numbers on the Alliances page. Hard as it may be to believe we've enjoyed ourselves since then even if a lot of things haven't petered out. We still enjoy playing together, we enjoy some of the people we've met since. We still look to the future with interest for what comes next. We're getting rolled. Maybe we'll get rolled again. Maybe we're drifting. But internally at least we were drifting then too. I don't know if we'll found our way, but I do know all of us will enjoy the journey trying.

I went blind trying to read this.

• Upvote 1
77oKn5K.png

Rose's membership leaks blitzes pretty regularly.

However, SK's leadership is the one to leak blitzes, which tends to annoy allies more -- and generally gives more time for enemies to prepare relative to membership leaks.

Eh, it was a joke about rose blitz.

Greatkitteh was here.-