Recognition of Aggression

Placentica

tS got into a spat with Alpha because we didn't tell them we were going in against SK. Partisan in the blog posts had even said that his relationship with Steve was great until then. The only thing that TEst did differently than Alpha in almost the exact same scenario was that TEst was paperless.

TEst Gov also did not promise t$ membership that they wouldn't hit Pantheon. TEst did not hold a treaty with an information clause with t$. TEst admitted that t$ should be pissed over the hit at the time. And best of all, we actually talked to t$ post-war to work on our friendship. The situations are only the same if you entirely ignore diplomacy.

In other words, because Alpha is a dick, you are rolling us and your excuse that you are defending Arrgh for being a "friend" is full of bs? 

no - we are defending arrgh because we are friends of arrgh. i was suggesting that maybe ts chose to fight alpha over test because you can be a touch of a dick. ts motives were clearly the topic you were rambling about im not sure why you are trying to extend this logic to other areas.

The only thing that TEst did differently than Alpha in almost the exact same scenario was that TEst was paperless.

well that and there wasn't another alliance (alpha) that had members (such as yourself) that had behaved like a bit of a jerk during that 20 page spat you speak of. again - perhaps they chose to fight you over test because when presented with the option of fighting test (who was relatively friendly with each other as far as im aware) or fighting alpha (that had devolved into a greasy horror show) they decided to attack the alliance that had a deeper history of poor exchanges. again im saying perhaps because i do not know this for sure - i'm not partisan or jess - but i can say (again) we fully expected a counter for pantheon and when posed with the question of why did ts not fight us when they fought you for doing literally the same thing...well maybe the explanation is that your past behavior carries more clout than you think. not this 'backroom' secret planning you allude to every time things do not go your way.

Now, again, Rayleh's statement is !@#$ stupid because he's suggesting TEst was "friends" before rolling Pantheon, and your CB against Alpha now depends on "friend" meaning ally

ryleh's statement is stupid because ryleh is stupid :P

but seriously this isn't about semantics. friends and obligatory ally are different things and can mean different things at different times. test chooses to defend arrgh because we are friends (not an obligation). test chose to fight pantheon despite being friends with ts (which is not an obligation to NOT fight ts friends)

Your previous statements about expecting a counter suggests that you didn't tell tS that you were going to roll Pantheon, a move that is LITERALLY THE SAME !@#$ THING that happened in the 168 Day War.

precisely. it is very similar. but perhaps the key difference is when we decided to roll pantheon there was already countless threads of shit posting and salt between alpha and ts, whereas when alpha decided to roll sk there was not a large collection of test behaving disrespectful to tS. which is why i said, and will say again lol, that perhaps the key difference is test and alpha have conducted themselves differently.

Edited by seabasstion

TEst Gov also did not promise t$ membership that they wouldn't hit Pantheon. TEst did not hold a treaty with an information clause with t$. TEst admitted that t$ should be pissed over the hit at the time. And best of all, we actually talked to t$ post-war to work on our friendship. The situations are only the same if you entirely ignore diplomacy.

Did Alpha promise to tS that they wouldn't hit SK? I honestly don't know. Also, did you had to ask once you joined if TEst Gov did not promise t$ membership that they wouldn't hit Pantheon? Because you couldn't have been there for that bit. Alpha talked to tS about the incident post-168 Day War. You were actually in Alpha's gov at the time, you should know this better than I do. But that would be an unfair question to ask, because you only know about the incident between Alpha and tS, and I assume as a member you didn't participate in TEst's post-war diplomacy with tS. 

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

well that and there wasn't another alliance (alpha) that had members (such as yourself) that had behaved like a bit of a jerk during that 20 page spat you speak of. again - perhaps they chose to fight you over test because when presented with the option of fighting test (who was relatively friendly with each other as far as im aware) or fighting alpha (that had devolved into a greasy horror show) they decided to attack the alliance that had a deeper history of poor exchanges. again im saying perhaps because i do not know this for sure - i'm not partisan or jess - but i can say (again) we fully expected a counter for pantheon and when posed with the question of why did ts not fight us when they fought you for doing literally the same thing...well maybe the explanation is that your past behavior carries more clout than you think. not this 'backroom' secret planning you allude to every time things do not go your way.

In other words, you honestly can't speak for tS (because you are not Jess et. al.) and you don't know jack shit about what you are talking about, only that you expected a counter and there was no "backroom" secret (even though you wouldn't have known about it since you aren't in gov.). 

but seriously this isn't about semantics. friends and obligatory ally are different things and can mean different things at different times. test chooses to defend arrgh because we are friends (not an obligation). test chose to fight pantheon despite being friends with ts (which is not an obligation to NOT fight ts friends)

precisely. it is very similar. but perhaps the key difference is when we decided to roll pantheon there was already countless threads of shit posting and salt between alpha and ts, whereas when alpha decided to roll sk there was not a large collection of test behaving disrespectful to tS. which is why i said, and will say again lol, that perhaps the key difference is test and alpha have conducted themselves differently.

tS and all her little micros were obligated to defend both Pantheon and Mensa HQ (and between the two, imo, Mensa HQ would have done far better than Pantheon against Test et. al.) and could have split their forces to defend both. You make it sound like tS had to choose between the two, and not do both. Sure, you could say its all strategy and not diluting down forces, but you can't put words into tS's mouth. 

The shitposting between the Alpha and tS happened over a dispute on SK. By the standards of what happened in the 168 day war, you should have had a shitposting with tS after the Silent War. Like I said before, Partisan admitted that Steve's relationship between the two were amicable before the SK incident, and then escalated because of it. Since you are all "friends", tS should have gotten batshit pissed because you rolled an ally. In the 168 Day War, tS didn't counter because of (what I assume, correct me if I'm wrong) not stretching out resources, but they made it clear that rolling SK was wrong. If tS didn't lodge a complaint to TEst and still maintained amicable relations, do tell me then, what did TEst do differently than Alpha?

Because the prominent logical answer in my mind is that TEst had talked with tS about it beforehand and thus maintained its relations after rolling an ally. 

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

Seems legit

"You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig."

The e-lawyer effect is strong in this one.

And this is why we beat you...

If that's the case, then at least there is one Arrgh nation running in the opposite direction.

Polaris, this guy is a joke of a diplomat. Like, if he was at least trying to respond normally, it would be different. Instead, though, all he does is post little quips because he's to big of a !@#$ to actually try to get in on the argument himself.

• Upvote 2

new_forum_sig_2.png

maybe you are not understanding what i am saying.

i am saying they chose to fight you over test during the pantheon war. not that they chose to fight you when you hit sk and did not choose to fight test when we hit pantheon, and that maybe it was because of a previous war between you two where there was an abundance of bad blood

im not trying to make it sound like ts had to choose. im saying that when presented with two options they perhaps chose to fight you exclusively because of your past disrespectful behavior. and again im not saying this to justify their actions - im saying this to refute your claim that there had to be secret backroom dealings because the situations are identical. well...no...they aren't entirely identical. you guys have a very poor disrespectful history with them and maaaaayyyyyyybe that had something to do with them wanting to fight you instead of fighting test as opposed to the logical answer in your mind that we had spoken to them beforehand.

it actually is a very reasonable and logical answer to why they didn't fight us - but just because it is reasonable and logical doesn't equate it to being factual.

it would be reasonable and logical to say that i have diarrhea everyday because my diet it exclusively pickle juice and big macs but it is also very possible that the real reason is i have some form of underlying GI issue requiring medical attention.

to translate that to the current topic - it would be reasonable and logical to say that ts did not attack test because of a secret backroom agreement, but it is also very possible that the real reason is that ts still carries a grudge against alpha from your first war and that there never was a secret agreement.

everyone in our discord was pretty certain we would get some form of retaliation from the pantheon attack (we probably still are and we probably deserve it). even pre thought so. theres no evidence of a secret backroom agreement. theres plenty of evidence of alpha conducting themselves poorly. the fact that ts countered you for hitting sk and did not counter test for hitting pantheon is because things are not as equal as you are depicting. yes there is a large similarity but the big wildcard is your previous war and the bad blood borne from it. if you cannot fathom another reason beyond secret backroom agreements i present to you this piece of evidence. im not trying to put words into ts's mouth -  im simply just presenting you with another equally logical option

Polaris, this guy is a joke of a diplomat. Like, if he was at least trying to respond normally, it would be different. Instead, though, all he does is post little quips because he's to big of a !@#$ to actually try to get in on the argument himself.

LOL, I'm assuming you're not a diplomat either because the only post you have made (correct me if I'm wrong) is a picture. Like, not even a quip, just a picture. You want to jump in on this argument too?

maybe you are not understanding what i am saying.

i am saying they chose to fight you over test during the pantheon war. not that they chose to fight you when you hit sk and did not choose to fight test when we hit pantheon, and that maybe it was because of a previous war between you two where there was an abundance of bad blood

im not trying to make it sound like ts had to choose. im saying that when presented with two options they perhaps chose to fight you exclusively because of your past disrespectful behavior. and again im not saying this to justify their actions - im saying this to refute your claim that there had to be secret backroom dealings because the situations are identical. well...no...they aren't entirely identical. you guys have a very poor disrespectful history with them and maaaaayyyyyyybe that had something to do with them wanting to fight you instead of fighting test as opposed to the logical answer in your mind that we had spoken to them beforehand.

it actually is a very reasonable and logical answer to why they didn't fight us - but just because it is reasonable and logical doesn't equate it to being factual.

it would be reasonable and logical to say that i have diarrhea everyday because my diet it exclusively pickle juice and big macs but it is also very possible that the real reason is i have some form of underlying GI issue requiring medical attention.

to translate that to the current topic - it would be reasonable and logical to say that ts did not attack test because of a secret backroom agreement, but it is also very possible that the real reason is that ts still carries a grudge against alpha from your first war and that there never was a secret agreement.

everyone in our discord was pretty certain we would get some form of retaliation from the pantheon attack (we probably still are and we probably deserve it). even pre thought so. theres no evidence of a secret backroom agreement. theres plenty of evidence of alpha conducting themselves poorly. the fact that ts countered you for hitting sk and did not counter test for hitting pantheon is because things are not as equal as you are depicting. yes there is a large similarity but the big wildcard is your previous war and the bad blood borne from it. if you cannot fathom another reason beyond secret backroom agreements i present to you this piece of evidence. im not trying to put words into ts's mouth -  im simply just presenting you with another equally logical option

And I'm saying that regardless of bad blood, tS wasn't limited to just defending Mensa HQ, tS had a shit ton of micros (which ended up doing the job of tS alone when they rolled on Alpha. In fact, most of their members bragged about not finding a war slot) and could have also defended Pantheon. I'm also admitting that it could have been a strategic calculation. 

And I'm not disputing bad blood between the two of us. I recognize that. I'm just saying that the bad blood arose because we rolled SK, and by that logic, TEst and tS should have bad blood too because of the Pantheon incident. And the reason why that didn't happen might be because of "diplomacy." And here is why I have good reason to believe that happened: When Alpha rolled RW for bandwaggoning during the 168 Day War, Partisan was informed, and thus held good relations between both parties despite Alpha attacking an ally. When Alpha did not inform Partisan of rolling SK, the tensions flared up. It's consistent with tS's diplomatic style. 

Again, I'm making conjecture, so I don't know the actual truth except for what people tell me. Whatever actually happened, I'm asking Manthrax and he hasn't gotten back to me yet. 

But please, you make me sound like I'm a conspiracy nut who thinks the moon landing was faked. The last time people called me a crazy conspiracy theorist, we rewrote the history books remember?

Rofl xD

Alexia - Eternal Empress - Empire of Zah'Aharon

ghghghghghghg.gif.c48e7880bc1c5290f032d0fe3d3c8b22.gif

And I'm not disputing bad blood between the two of us. I recognize that. I'm just saying that the bad blood arose because we rolled SK, and by that logic, TEst and tS should have bad blood too because of the Pantheon incident. And the reason why that didn't happen might be because of "diplomacy."

or the bad blood could be because test and alpha conduct themselves very differently.

the bad blood could be because of your 20 page horror show of salt.

the bad blood gained from that previous war may have exceeded the bad blood test attained by hitting pantheon.

if you want to complain about ts/mensa hitting you guys and not us go blog about it.

the simple fact is we decided to defend arrgh because we are friends with arrgh. you can be pissed at us all you want about that but we are going to choose to define friend however we see fit, even if it doesn't fit your construct of the word. devolving this into the continuation of your ts hate is entirely off base and a red herring.

or the bad blood could be because test and alpha conduct themselves very differently.

the bad blood could be because of your 20 page horror show of salt.

the bad blood gained from that previous war may have exceeded the bad blood test attained by hitting pantheon.

if you want to complain about ts/mensa hitting you guys and not us go blog about it.

the simple fact is we decided to defend arrgh because we are friends with arrgh. you can be pissed at us all you want about that but we are going to choose to define friend however we see fit, even if it doesn't fit your construct of the word. devolving this into the continuation of your ts hate is entirely off base and a red herring.

lol, you seem to have a hard time reading everything I wrote, only picking off small parts of my statement to try and wrestle around my argument. 

Manthrax has already cleared up the issue, and it makes sense, so this argument is pointless now. 

LOL, I'm assuming you're not a diplomat either because the only post you have made (correct me if I'm wrong) is a picture. Like, not even a quip, just a picture. You want to jump in on this argument too?

No, I'm not a diplomat. I can say whatever the !@#$ I want and it won't mean anything. Lord Hitchcock, on the other hand, already claimed on another thread to be Polaris' diplomat to Arrgh. Aforementioned diplomat has acted in a poor manner in this thread and makes me wonder about Polaris because of the type of people they appoint as representatives.

No, I don't want to jump in on this argument. I know talking to you, Caecus, is as production as digging a hole and filling it back up over and over again. I'm sure you'll have some wonderful response to this post, but I'm not going to reply to it because I know we can talk until the Politics and War servers go offline and not get anywhere.

• Upvote 1

new_forum_sig_2.png

lol, you seem to have a hard time reading everything I wrote, only picking off small parts of my statement to try and wrestle around my argument. 

Manthrax has already cleared up the issue, and it makes sense, so this argument is pointless now. 

lol i hope you never change

That's because it's not argumentative and the correct responses were appropriate. Attempting to weasel yourselves into a grey area in a clearly black-and-white situation doesn't all of-a-sudden make your pleads 'Arrgh-uable', it's just kicking-and-screaming.

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

That's because it's not argumentative and the correct responses were appropriate. Attempting to weasel yourselves into a grey area in a clearly black-and-white situation doesn't all of-a-sudden make your pleads 'Arrgh-uable', it's just kicking-and-screaming.

That was a good one. Asking for permission to steal it. :)

• Upvote 1

Arrgh.png

It wouldn't be the first time I heard a TEst member saying they knew they didn't have a CB pref just wanted to roll alpha.

It's almost like TEst just does whatever the hell they want, whenever they feel like it.

Wow. Who woulda figured?

• Upvote 4

One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

But you weren't in TEst during the Silent War, you could not have known what happened between TEst and tS.

He's been in TEst since June and the Silent War started in September...

Dec 26 18:48:22 <JacobH[Arrgh]>    God your worse the grealind >.>

You should really stop trying to use logic and reason when dealing with Caecus. He does not inhabit reality. He's on of the people wearing tin foil hats. His posts, ideas, rants, blogs and so forth should simple be ignored and only read so one can laugh at the absurdity. Stop acknowledging the troll, you won't convince him of his wrongness. He is impervious to logic, reason, and rational thought.

• Upvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif