Recognition of Aggression

Placentica

If you consider it a war...

The wiki does.

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

The information I gave was "If memory serves, your last war didn't really have a CB to it, you just wanted to roll a bunch of poor schmucks. Where were your friends then?" The fact that you immediately thought of Steve's war makes me think you guys don't remember having a CB for it. Again, rewrite the history books. But if you did thought that I was talking about the Steve war, you didn't refute that you didn't have a valid CB, which suggests you agree with that statement. 

(especially with the "Where were your friends then?" thing, because they were fighting Pantheon right beside us).

Here, I'll refresh your memory. TS didn't fight along side you against Pantheon because TS was treatied with Pantheon in the Silent War. Rayleh's statement you were referring to called TS a "friend" ("Unless you speak of t$... then wrecking you guys"). You are the !@#$ idiot, because TS is supposed to officially not have colluded with TEst to have Pantheon rolled, something you just admitted on the OWF. 

We did refute it, back when you did those blogs. Your reaction was similar to now, so we've stopped trying. The friends I was referring to were Roz Wei and Arrgh, obviously, since they were the ones fighting beside us, and whom I assumed were the friends you meant since some of them are involved now. You thinking otherwise is astounding, quite frankly. Surprisingly, I probably remember wars I was involved in better than you remember ones you weren't involved in and the fact that you think otherwise is absurd.

I think it's actually you that needs to go back and re-read, mate.

I did, multiple times. He still makes no sense.

The Silent War was the most recent war, besides this one and your spat with TFP (which was concurrent and the war that I was referring to). Correct me if I'm wrong, but TFP was literally the last war TEst was involved in. 

Surprise, surprise, you're wrong. We've also fought Valyria since then (and some others, but raids don't count). TFP was also attacked by RW and Arrgh, which is why your question made no sense.

The wiki does.

The wiki is an idiot.

Dec 26 18:48:22 <JacobH[Arrgh]>    God your worse the grealind >.>

We did refute it, back when you did those blogs. Your reaction was similar to now, so we've stopped trying. The friends I was referring to were Roz Wei and Arrgh, obviously, since they were the ones fighting beside us, and whom I assumed were the friends you meant since some of them are involved now. You thinking otherwise is astounding, quite frankly. Surprisingly, I probably remember wars I was involved in better than you remember ones you weren't involved in and the fact that you think otherwise is absurd.

Surprise, surprise, you're wrong. We've also fought Valyria since then (and some others, but raids don't count). TFP was also attacked by RW and Arrgh, which is why your question made no sense.

The wiki is an idiot.

Under the assumption that Rayleh was referring to Steve's War and the "friends" in question were RW and AR, it still doesn't change the fact that TEst's official relationship with TS is not what people would call friends before the Silent War. If so, the relationship would present a conflict of interest when TEst/RW/Arrgh rolled Pantheon. Thus, defending Rayleh's statement as true is damning because it suggests tS deliberately left Pantheon to hang despite being treatied (TS now being a so-called "friend"). 

I don't read every announcement made in this thread, so I use the wiki. Your war with Valyria is not on the wiki.

If the wiki is an idiot, the wiki is a idiot with a clear Syndisphere/TEst bias. 

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

Under the assumption that Rayleh was referring to Steve's War and the "friends" in question were RW and AR, it still doesn't change the fact that TEst's official relationship with TS is not what people would call friends before the Silent War. If so, the relationship would present a conflict of interest when TEst/RW/Arrgh rolled Pantheon. Thus, defending Rayleh's statement as true is damning because it suggests tS deliberately left Pantheon to hang despite being treatied (TS now being a so-called "friend"). 

I don't read every announcement made in this thread, so I use the wiki. Your war with Valyria is not on the wiki.

If the wiki is an idiot, the wiki is a idiot with a clear Syndisphere/TEst bias. 

We fought alongside tS (against you). Seems pretty friendly to me. We didn't fight alongside them during the Silent War (which is not the actual agreed-upon name, and is part of wiki idiocy) and haven't fought alongside each other since, so I'm not getting where you think we weren't friends back then but are now since if anything the evidence points to the exact opposite trend. Even if we were very close friends during the Silent War (which I'm fairly certain we weren't) that wouldn't really explain anything since TKR didn't counter either, so other factors were obviously at play (such as the score difference and not wanting to overextend and potentially cause themselves and their allies more damage than they would've prevented Pantheon from receiving). But if believing in some vast conspiracy is the only way you can sleep at night, so be it.

I'd argue that not including Valyria's war on the wiki is favorable towards them, because it was embarrassing.

• Upvote 1

Dec 26 18:48:22 <JacobH[Arrgh]>    God your worse the grealind >.>

They wouldn't dare attack any nation in tS, BK, TKR, mensa or any AA affiliated with OO and syndisphere. They might talk tough but they know what would happen if they were to attempt something that foolish.

Exactly. This little skirmish is a classic case of "might makes right".  This has nothing to do with supporting a friend and everything to do with other factors and grudges.

Where was TEst when Roz Wei was getting rolled? 

TEst can act on their long-held personal grudges and I can't do anything to prevent it, but every time we are attacked and our diplomatic efforts are ignored, we will defend our members right to exist in peace. 

I don't care how much infra we have at the end of this.  I will always go to ZI if need be for my fellow alliance members and at allied requests for help.

The same can't be said about TEst.  They sure have a lot whales, but I do not envy them or their reputation in the least.

• Upvote 1

Don't pretend you know who we are or what we think. I for one would be perfectly happy to declare on any alliance that hits our friends, including TKR, tS, etc. and I'm 100% sure there are many, many more TEsties who would be happy to follow.

You knew we were coming. Don't play victim here.

• Upvote 3

The same can't be said about TEst.  They sure have a lot whales, but I do not envy them or their reputation in the least.

That's news to me. I would bleed my nation dry if it meant helping my alliance members and my allies whomever they are. 

Having personal feelings for your comrades is one of the worst sins you can commit on the battlefield, but i still do it because they have bled for and they have bled with me. If you insinuate that TEst wouldn't do that, you'd be wrong, it doesn't even make sense to me to say something so ridiculous. 

"We pull in money, new recruits, all just to combat cipher, rubbing our noses in bloody battlefield dirt, all for revenge."

"Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night i can feel my leg, and my arm, even my fingers. The body i've lost, The comrades i've lost, won't stop hurting... it's like they're all still there... You feel it too, don't you?"

Exactly. This little skirmish is a classic case of "might makes right".  This has nothing to do with supporting a friend and everything to do with other factors and grudges.

We're soley involved because Arrgh asked us to. I find it funny that you think you matter enough to me for me to carry a grudge. 

We weren't allies then. Why didn't Alpha defend GPA when we attacked then? Because you weren't allies. It's not hard. 

TEst can act on their long-held personal grudges and I can't do anything to prevent it, but every time we are attacked and our diplomatic efforts are ignored, we will defend our members right to exist in peace. 

No one talks about you in TEst. You're not even on our radar.

I don't care how much infra we have at the end of this.  I will always go to ZI if need be for my fellow alliance members and at allied requests for help.

So it's honorable for you guys to fight along side alliance members and allies, but not us. Got it.

I think your reputation is the one you should worry about. Our whales are orcas and are excited about increasing their "nukes taken" stat. 

• Upvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif

Lol enjoy never ever mattering again, Alpha.

Again?  When did our little rag-tag bunch of nukes-are-for-losers ever matter?

I have no dog in this race but this seems to have really escalated out of nowhere. What made a diplomatic solution impossible?

01:58:39 <BeowulftheSecond> Belisarius of The Byzantine Empire has sent your nation $0.00, 0.00 food, 0.00 coal, 0.00 oil, 0.00 uranium, 0.00 lead, 0.00 iron, 0.00 bauxite, 0.00 gasoline, 0.00 munitions, 1,000.00 steel, and 0.00 aluminum from the alliance bank of Rose.
01:58:46 <BeowulftheSecond> someone please explain 
01:59:12 <%Belisarius> sleep deprivatin is a &#33;@#&#036; @_@
01:59:14 â€” %Belisarius shrugs
01:59:18 <BeowulftheSecond> we're at WAR. WE ARE BURNING EACH OTHER'S PIXELS

I have no dog in this race but this seems to have really escalated out of nowhere. What made a diplomatic solution impossible?

Apparently the sand in steve's boot. 

"We pull in money, new recruits, all just to combat cipher, rubbing our noses in bloody battlefield dirt, all for revenge."

"Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night i can feel my leg, and my arm, even my fingers. The body i've lost, The comrades i've lost, won't stop hurting... it's like they're all still there... You feel it too, don't you?"

There was a diplomatic solution, the Arrgh guy who raided Alpha was attacked by Alpha last week and we stood aside.  I guess they decided that wasn't good enough

tvPWtuA.gif

My diplomatic inquires were almost all ignored.  And for pretty much for all of Alpha's life, they have been ignored  The only time I ever got a response, recently, is when they were about to be destroyed and were blockaded and they offered a very small amount of reps that didn't cover hardly anything, which they couldn't pay anyway.  They did not offer to have Arrgh's bank pay it either.

I also don't think it was all on Alpha's shoulders to pursue diplomatic resolution.  When one of my guys attacks another alliance, I go to them and seek peaceful resolution and offer reps.  I don't demand they come to me, then treat them like shit and ignore them.  Arrgh gov could've talked to me and arranged a peaceful resolution.  They have for a very long time just ignored those inquires and raided nearly all my allies....almost constantly for as long as I can remember as well as Alpha directly.

I am always open to reps as a peaceful way to resolve raids.  But Arrgh was never going to pay and their "solution" I've seen was keep massive amounts of military so we couldn't grow and make sure we logged in every 12 hours.  The nations they raided were at max planes and 60% or so tanks, if not a bit higher.  We were already on high alert due to the Don't Panic attack on Alpha/Fark.

• Upvote 1

Fg33sbY.jpg

and Don't Panic's

Why do you keep bringing them up? They are a splinter alliance, formed by Jacob since he wanted to raid Arrgh's protectoratrs and Fark/Alpha. Me and Jacob had a big fight casue I didn't allow him to, and I warned him that I'll roll him myself if he dares raid our protectorates. But since you're so insistnet on bringing them up how about I include you paying reps to them for rolling them? Would that make you happy?

tvPWtuA.gif

When we asked the three raiders to peace out their wars, and mentioned reps they decided to declare more wars. That in conjunction with their spy ops in support of DP, and their constant raiding of our sphere told us that diplomacy doesn't work since we tried it so often in the past with them. This has been going on for about 7 months. The change in Admiral's didn't help.

"Most successful new AA" - Samuel Bates

Our friends where right besides us. Namely tS.

And yes you've rambled extencively on the subject thats for sure. Im just saying, we have no ingame benefits from hitting you. our only benefit is that we know Arrgh would do the same for us. And thats more than enough.

^ This.

tvPWtuA.gif

I'll just point out obvius. We weren't that close back then, nto all conflicts ahve to be resolved miliatarily, there is plently of talks involved when we deal with t$/OO side, but you don't see that since it's private negotiations.

Long grudge? You are the one with grudge here, attacking innocent and unrelated members fo Arrgh. :P joke aside, yes, I'm the 16 city idiot that can't ask alliance mates to help me since I'm way outside their range to counter 20 city nations. So I asked TEst since they have lot of people in that range that are willing to help me out.  You will go ZI for fellow alliance members and allys, but when others do that then they are bad guys?

And I can confirm that a lot of TEst members, and me, are hunting stats, I used to be #5 nukes eaten before you guys generously helped t$ boost their stats and pushed me out of top 10s. But now I'll do my best to beat my long tiem rival Mantrax and claim #1 in nukes eaten, and you can't do anything to stop me. :D

tvPWtuA.gif

I, for one, enjoy war.

All the drama about past nonsense is getting old and stupid. Complaining about calling us not friends with t$ back at one time, hitting Alpha in the past as a grudge, dramatizing every confict makes it look like you are taking this game very seriously to the point of emotionalizing over it. Cut it out! Its a &#33;@#&#036;ing game! Roll with it! Lose some pixels! Fight! Have fun! And thank you again for the updeclares! I finally got to war again! THANK YOU ALPHA for this Christmas Present!

• Upvote 1

My diplomatic inquires were almost all ignored.  And for pretty much for all of Alpha's life, they have been ignored  The only time I ever got a response, recently, is when they were about to be destroyed and were blockaded and they offered a very small amount of reps that didn't cover hardly anything, which they couldn't pay anyway.  They did not offer to have Arrgh's bank pay it either.

I also don't think it was all on Alpha's shoulders to pursue diplomatic resolution.  When one of my guys attacks another alliance, I go to them and seek peaceful resolution and offer reps.  I don't demand they come to me, then treat them like shit and ignore them.  Arrgh gov could've talked to me and arranged a peaceful resolution.  They have for a very long time just ignored those inquires and raided nearly all my allies....almost constantly for as long as I can remember as well as Alpha directly.

I am always open to reps as a peaceful way to resolve raids.  But Arrgh was never going to pay and their "solution" I've seen was keep massive amounts of military so we couldn't grow and make sure we logged in every 12 hours.  The nations they raided were at max planes and 60% or so tanks, if not a bit higher.  We were already on high alert due to the Don't Panic attack on Alpha/Fark.

See, we are nto your alliance, and you are not me. When my guys raid other alliances, I ignore it, since it's the right thing to do. If and when I'm aproached about a raid I try my best to apease all sides. You see, the thing is, people join Arrgh, becasue it's a major alliance that has least restrictions on raiding. So I interfere in personal bussiness (aka raids by my mebers) ONLY if I have to. So if they are raiding an ally or protectorate I send them request to peace out immediatley. If they raid an alliance that has high chance of countering I ask them to stop or face the consiquences. When JAMES aproached ME, so I'll repeat, when JAMES, not YOU, aproached me, and I saw that yoru alliance meant bussienss adn taht my guys severly underestimated you like Jacob did with DP, I did the only right thing I could. I allowed your guys to infrabomb my guys for 5 days. Reps? Arrgh has never payed reps, or at least no reps that I know off. So after decideing to give you guys a opportunity to roll my guys without our guys countering them, and that one wasn't given lightly, some people even said I shouldn't have allowed you to do taht and rolled your counters, you go and backstab me and attack us with Fark and Polaris. Well then, fine, you're allowed to, but then don't be suprised when I go and bring reinforcments of my own. You're not the only one who has allys and who has right to call upon them. Again you're not some special protagonist, you're not playing a singleplayer game and your alliance mates adn your opponents aren't some AI NPCs tah will act how you expect them to. You need to realize other peopel have freedoom to do and utilize same or different tactics as you do. Welp, I've filled my quota of walls of text for this thread, hopefully I'll get nominated next year for wall of text category and what not. Notice me people!

• Upvote 1

tvPWtuA.gif