Recognition of Aggression

Placentica

You'll have to excuse me if I chuckle at one of PW's most prolific alliance hoppers calling me cowardly.   :lol:   You have a pattern of leaving alliances when you know they are about to get rolled.  You can deny that all you want, but your alliance history is pretty well known. 

You also forget that Alpha has always gone conventional when the situations called for it and nuclear when that was our best and usually last option for that particular war front.  I guess that doesn't fit this story you are trying to pass off as fact though.  Sorry to burst your bubble.  Another thing.....I've said this so many times - I don't care about power or status like Steve Prefontaine.  I'm not trying to be the top alliance in the game.  Alpha exists to be a place for friends to chill, to defend each other from outside attacks/raids, and to be there for my allies and friends.  I cannot help you it if you haven't figured that out yet.  Maybe it's saying more about the way you play than about me.

Win or lose, I'd be satisfied if the only outcome for this war was just Arrgh not raiding us in the future.  Rep's aren't even needed, not an apology, none of that shit matters in the long-term.  We just want to be left alone from their constant raiding and attacks against Alpha that has been supported by TEst.  I think that's not even something I should need to state.

You see that first paragraph is your terrible spin machine I was talking about. You're trying to use the Pantheon situation to pass off your untrue statement. I came to Mensa, left Mensa and went to Arrgh, no problem. I left Arrgh to join PP when Arrgh did not go to war and chose not to be rolled, rolled many people and got rolled a few times, Warpool left so I made my own raiding alliance solo and kept at it. After that I went to Pantheon without any issues, stayed with em', and developed differences with Fist but stayed on, and after he quit, I left. This is the only place where any controversy arose, that too mainly at why I hit Pantheon, not why I left. I went to Arrgh and raided indiscriminately. I ate 23 nukes and lost ALL my infra, which was worth almost $800m. After that, I went to TEst without anything happening to Arrgh and here I'm.

Now tell me Steve, where's the pattern? Perhaps you've some bigger insight which I don't have, but where is that pattern you were talking about? Don't sell garbage if it can be easily proven to be garbage. It didn't work against tS, it won't start working now. 

As for the rest of it, I don't know your specific play style and I won't pretend to know what your intentions are. All I know is you hide behind the most cowardly way to war - nukes. That ends that discussion.

If that's the outcome you're hoping for, you will never be satisfied. Arrgh will never stop raiding as they see fit. The only thing that might get Arrgh to stop raiding is military competence, safe to say, that hasn't been the case with Alpha.   

• Upvote 2

That's not what you told us earlier

I think you need to be more specific as to what you mean by earlier.  You've been raiding us quite a bit over the last few months, going back to our beginnings when you hit us when we were quite small and our protector was occupied (so very brave of you).

Alpha has in the past, if that is what you mean by "earlier", as per our policy, ask for reps for any mass raids on Alpha.  Those requests were made to your off-shoot Don't Panic.  Those requests were made to the Arrgh gov that were attacking Alpha.  Those requests were ignored by your gov. until they were blockaded and unable to pay. Once the wars expired, they again just ignored us.

If that's the outcome you're hoping for, you will never be satisfied. Arrgh will never stop raiding as they see fit. The only thing that might get Arrgh to stop raiding is military competence, safe to say, that hasn't been the case with Alpha.

As far as military competence, we took care of PP, we took care of Don't Panic, and we took care of the Arrgh gov that attacked us last week.  But at each interval, the level of attack kept increasing and 3 nation down-declaring attacks are usually quite easily won.  And with TEst backstopping the bullying of my alliance, the message was quite clear they would continue until we fought back thanks to your paperless sphere allies.

But to say we weren't prepared is just silly.  Alpha was bulked up due to Don't Panic's attacks.  You can see our score history.  And it shows you didn't even look at the timelines of the Arrgh gov. attacks on those Alpha nations.  But what you really meant to say is we don't have a 200,000 score and 85,000 score ally to back us up unconditionally, no matter what we do unless it's against someone TEst/RW doesn't want to fight because they are more connected.  You are making a "might makes right" argument here, not a military competence one.  I will agree that we don't have huge allies willing to defend raiding without question, but it doesn't mean I shouldn't defend my members or alliance security.

Edited by Placentica

I think you need to be more specific as to what you mean by earlier. You've been raiding us quite a bit over the last few months, going back to our beginnings when you hit us when we were quite small and our protector was occupied (so very brave of you).

Alpha has in the past, if that is what you mean by "earlier", as per our policy, ask for reps for any mass raids on Alpha. Those requests were made to your off-shoot Don't Panic. Those requests were made to the Arrgh gov that were attacking Alpha. Those requests were ignored by your gov. until they were blockaded and unable to pay.

As far as military competence, we took care of PP, we took care of Don't Panic, and we took care of the Arrgh gov that attacked us last week. But at each interval, the level of attack kept increasing and 3 nation down-declaring attacks are usually quite easily won. And with TEst backstopping the bullying of my alliance, the message was quite clear they would continue until we fought back thanks to your paperless sphere allies.

But to say we weren't prepared is just silly. Alpha was bulked up due to Don't Panic's attacks. You can see our score history. And it shows you didn't even look at the timelines of the Arrgh gov. attacks on those Alpha nations. But what you really meant to say is we don't have a 200,000 score and 85,000 score ally to back us up unconditionally, no matter what we do unless it's against someone TEst/RW doesn't want to fight. You are making a "might makes righ" argument here, not a military competence one. I will agree that we don't have huge allies willing to defend raiding without question, but it doesn't mean I shouldn't defend my members or alliance security.

We got you fam

• Upvote 1

As far as military competence, we took care of PP, we took care of Don't Panic, and we took care of the Arrgh gov that attacked us last week.  But at each interval, the level of attack kept increasing and 3 nation down-declaring attacks are usually quite easily won.  And with TEst backstopping the bullying of my alliance, the message was quite clear they would continue until we fought back thanks to your paperless sphere allies.

But to say we weren't prepared is just silly.  Alpha was bulked up due to Don't Panic's attacks.  You can see our score history.  And it shows you didn't even look at the timelines of the Arrgh gov. attacks on those Alpha nations.  But what you really meant to say is we don't have a 200,000 score and 85,000 score ally to back us up unconditionally, no matter what we do unless it's against someone TEst/RW doesn't want to fight.  You are making a "might makes righ" argument here, not a military competence one.  I will agree that we don't have huge allies willing to defend raiding without question, but it doesn't mean I shouldn't defend my members or alliance security.

No no Steve, back up. You were talking about patterns. Please show me the pattern or just accept you were full of bs. 

As far as your example goes, you took "care" of PP post the changes which left it in a very vulnerable state given the builds and without me being involved even. After all, PP was mostly me and Warpool. You did take care of the 1 member alliance Lannister Pirate Fleet though if you're making a resume. 

Also, did you just try to boast about taking care of a 2 member alliance? How low do you want to fall mate? 

Furthermore, when I talk about you boasting nukes instead of conventional military, this theme of nukes is what I've in mind: 

"Foreign Affairs:

Go Away or We Will Nuke You - Fark/NK/Alpha Bloc"

Are you that unsure of your military competence that you've to start off with the "nuke" line?

As far as Alpha defending goes, I've nothing against it. Arrgh raided you guys and you defended yourselves, nothing wrong with that. The only reason I posted was because Alpha desperately kept on talking about the past despite Pre stating very early that he believed you were justified to hit Arrgh. 

• Upvote 1

No no Steve, back up. You were talking about patterns. Please show me the pattern or just accept you were full of bs. 

As far as your example goes, you took "care" of PP post the changes which left it in a very vulnerable state given the builds and without me being involved even. After all, PP was mostly me and Warpool. You did take care of the 1 member alliance Lannister Pirate Fleet though if you're making a resume. 

Also, did you just try to boast about taking care of a 2 member alliance? How low do you want to fall mate? 

Furthermore, when I talk about you boasting nukes instead of conventional military, this theme of nukes is what I've in mind: 

"Foreign Affairs:

Go Away or We Will Nuke You - Fark/NK/Alpha Bloc"

Are you that unsure of your military competence that you've to start off with the "nuke" line?

As far as Alpha defending goes, I've nothing against it. Arrgh raided you guys and you defended yourselves, nothing wrong with that. The only reason I posted was because Alpha desperately kept on talking about the past despite Pre stating very early that he believed you were justified to hit Arrgh. 

I don't think you know enough about Alpha's military history. If you know more extensively about Alpha's military history, you would know that Alpha doesn't use nuclear weapons offensively; only in 3 or 4 on 1 fights that Alpha couldn't possibly win. 

Nuclear weapons are not "cowardly," they don't help you win wars in a cheap way. They are actually quite inefficient, just ask anyone in Mensa (I know at least one guy who sold his NRF because of it). The only reason why anyone would have them is for when you get zeroed, you can still do damage (in other words, defensively). No ding dong who knew what they were doing would use nuclear weapons offensively. MensaHQ is just confident that they would never have to face 3v1 odds (and rightfully so, the last couple of wars they always pulled through with higher activity and larger allied reserve pools). Alpha/Fark/NK is a block designed around nuclear weapons as a defensive deterrent for larger fish in the pool (and there are a lot of them), or make it a pain in the ass to roll us. 

You talk about military competence, but not knowing how nukes are used is pretty basic knowledge for anyone trying to play PnW. 

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

But that doesn't hold an advantage for anyone caught up in a 3v1 stompfest, it means more people can down declare and screw you faster right? After all, it's cities that count towards a larger military. 

I wonder if someone with like 5 more cities can come back from getting zd (before beige and the war ends)? 

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

But that doesn't hold an advantage for anyone caught up in a 3v1 stompfest, it means more people can down declare and screw you faster right?

Right.  I'm just saying that's another reason why we don't use Nukes in Mensa.  It'd put us in a situation where our city count can't potentially defend us.

Plus you already know our argument about nukes from the past.  No need to rehash it all again.  I can certainly see your point with them here.

• Downvote 1

Well, there's also the whole score inflation with nukes, but that's a minor point.

I believe the serial nukers don't even bother with troops, tanks and planes so that might balance out the strength gained from nukes to an extent for the special few who just nuke everyone and don't bother with ground and air attacks.

Untitled.png