Recognition of Aggression

Placentica

I don't understand this conflict at all. It's like people expect Arrgh government to take responsibility for their members? I think people have forgotten the whole niche of Arrgh - Arrgh government only exists to plan mass raids and respond to protectorate infringements, as well as co ordinate defense against wars like this.

Starting wars over one or two dudes' raids is ridiculous to begin with, nevermind the fact that those raids were launched by Arrgh (who's sole job is to steal from dummies who don't have military), but then to go so far as to say Arrgh is targeting specific alliances? Arrgh is anarchist, there's no such thing as targeting when it comes to individual members. I guess what I'm trying to say here is you can't blame an entire alliance on one mans mistake.

I guess that's true for all alliances. I'd go so far as to say that if another alliance launched a few raids on different people, there would be a completely different response, but because it's Arrgh, you just have to go ahead and destroy everything in a flurry of nuclear fire and brimstone.

This whole conflict didn't even need to happen had you dealt with the individual raiders separately, rather than group a whole array of people into one basket and just set the basket alight. Iunno, just my two cents.

"You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig."

This whole conflict didn't even need to happen had you dealt with the individual raiders separately, rather than group a whole array of people into one basket and just set the basket alight. Iunno, just my two cents.

The funny thing is that they did deal with these individuals, without Arrgh! countering. And AFTER that, they started the war on an alliance's level too.

Arrgh.png

Everybody knows Cornerstone and Alpha aren't exactly BFF's, but with that being said, the folks who say that Arrgh only launched one or two raids need to go check the war declarations logs against Alpha. 

Additionally, 

All raiders will be nuked. No questions asked. A mass raid by an alliance will be treated like a full-scale war and will be handled accordingly. 

^ It's not like Alpha didn't give a warning. Clearly they state on their alliance page how they plan to deal with a mass raid, which this definitely was, and so I'm not sure why folks are acting shocked that they did exactly what they stated they would do.

And yes, the international community should expect every alliance to take some degree of responsibility for what their members do.

• Upvote 5

Under the assumption that Rayleh was referring to Steve's War and the "friends" in question were RW and AR, it still doesn't change the fact that TEst's official relationship with TS is not what people would call friends before the Silent War. If so, the relationship would present a conflict of interest when TEst/RW/Arrgh rolled Pantheon. Thus, defending Rayleh's statement as true is damning because it suggests tS deliberately left Pantheon to hang despite being treatied (TS now being a so-called "friend").

t$ has been friendly with Test since, at the latest, Oktoberfest. That doesn't mean our goals always align. A Roz Wei member conversing with a Test member is probably a bad way to figure out what happened with my alliance and Pantheon. Message me if you like, since it's kinda off topic. :P

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

Everybody knows Cornerstone and Alpha aren't exactly BFF's, but with that being said, the folks who say that Arrgh only launched one or two raids need to go check the war declarations logs against Alpha. 

Additionally, 

All raiders will be nuked. No questions asked. A mass raid by an alliance will be treated like a full-scale war and will be handled accordingly. 

^ It's not like Alpha didn't give a warning. Clearly they state on their alliance page how they plan to deal with a mass raid, which this definitely was, and so I'm not sure why folks are acting shocked that they did exactly what they stated they would do.

And yes, the international community should expect every alliance to take some degree of responsibility for what their members do.

precisely. and this is in our alliance page

https://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/10820-terminus-est-an-edictum-est-update/

just like pre has said twice now: alpha is well within their right to respond how they have responded. just as we are well within our right to respond how we have responded.

Under the assumption that Rayleh was referring to Steve's War and the "friends" in question were RW and AR, it still doesn't change the fact that TEst's official relationship with TS is not what people would call friends before the Silent War. If so, the relationship would present a conflict of interest when TEst/RW/Arrgh rolled Pantheon. Thus, defending Rayleh's statement as true is damning because it suggests tS deliberately left Pantheon to hang despite being treatied (TS now being a so-called "friend"). 

I don't read every announcement made in this thread, so I use the wiki. Your war with Valyria is not on the wiki.

If the wiki is an idiot, the wiki is a idiot with a clear Syndisphere/TEst bias. 

If you base all your arguments on the Wiki, no wonder you are so spectacularly wrong all the time. It lacks most all the details that makes all the diffrence.

And where do you get it from that we and tS wherent friends before, during and after steves war?

You just seem to pull twists and turns out of thin air, insted of dealing with reality.

Ole2.png

Additionally,

It's rare that I agree with cornerstone so no wonder I'm disagreeing. 3 people attacking alpha is a raid party, not a mass raid. Mass raid is when an admiral calls alliance to raid, deaignates a target, and then many raiding partys and raiding individuals simultaneously hit a target. And I'd even go as far as say that at least half alliance has to participate in a raid. But alas it was a raiding party and maybe a raider or two from last month that hit alpha. We have had that many and more raids on varoius alliances mostly done by our lower tier members, who ocasionally go and hit TKRs, BKs, and TI. You don't see them making a big fuss over it. But at the end Alpha is free to overreact, and Fark and Polaris are free to join them on that personal crusade against pirates. And I'm free to respond with same amount of firepower, or I can overreact and call whole of orbis to roll them. I however don't have such delusions and consider my counteractions to be rational. Now can we stop whinning about this whole situation, what Alpha is trying to achive by putting so much bad light on their actions, again, is beyond me.

tvPWtuA.gif

The funny thing is that they did deal with these individuals, without Arrgh! countering. And AFTER that, they started the war on an alliance's level too.

For me, this isnt about being all high and mighty and right and standing up to a bully, this is about revenge.  You twats hit us, again and again, with some stupid "HURR DURR THEY HAD NO MIL" (yes we did, which is why DP is dead and Orfeas isnt in range of our guys anymore) justification.  Now its about revenge.  Ima nuke you guys again and again and again.  Also, you have this crazy idea that our nukes are for destroying infra.  No they arent, thats just a pleasant side effect.  Youll find out what they do soon enough.

It's rare that I agree with cornerstone so no wonder I'm disagreeing. 3 people attacking alpha is a raid party, not a mass raid. Mass raid is when an admiral calls alliance to raid, deaignates a target, and then many raiding partys and raiding individuals simultaneously hit a target. And I'd even go as far as say that at least half alliance has to participate in a raid. But alas it was a raiding party and maybe a raider or two from last month that hit alpha. We have had that many and more raids on varoius alliances mostly done by our lower tier members, who ocasionally go and hit TKRs, BKs, and TI. You don't see them making a big fuss over it. But at the end Alpha is free to overreact, and Fark and Polaris are free to join them on that personal crusade against pirates. And I'm free to respond with same amount of firepower, or I can overreact and call whole of orbis to roll them. I however don't have such delusions and consider my counteractions to be rational. Now can we stop whinning about this whole situation, what Alpha is trying to achive by putting so much bad light on their actions, again, is beyond me.

You have raided us so many times I can't remember.  Yes, the most recent was 2 admirals attacking well armed nations.  Those 3 Arrgh nations/gov fired off 8 wars on well armed Alpha nations bulked for continued war on Don't Panic.  They were either wars to instigate a conflict or directly targeting us because there were so many easier targets for you.  Just a month earlier your off-shoot alliance (that has rejoined you for the most part) attacked us a month ago for numerous wars and kept attacking us until we put them down with Fark.  Before that it's been off and on. 

Not "overreacting" and it's gotten us nowhere.

You live off people not overreacting.  When people overreact it's when you stop doing what you do.  In this case, your raids have been back-stopped by TEst so I have my doubts if you will learn your lesson this time, but if you don't, you'll find yourself in a similar situation.  This shouldn't need to be stated to you, but I will make it clear again to you - overall the attacks on Alpha will be unprofitable for you.

Honestly, you are not the problem though. You are easy to put down. It's when you have bigger bullies like TEst that you are empowered to pull these kinds of stunts.

We fought alongside tS (against you). Seems pretty friendly to me. We didn't fight alongside them during the Silent War (which is not the actual agreed-upon name, and is part of wiki idiocy) and haven't fought alongside each other since, so I'm not getting where you think we weren't friends back then but are now since if anything the evidence points to the exact opposite trend. Even if we were very close friends during the Silent War (which I'm fairly certain we weren't) that wouldn't really explain anything since TKR didn't counter either, so other factors were obviously at play (such as the score difference and not wanting to overextend and potentially cause themselves and their allies more damage than they would've prevented Pantheon from receiving). But if believing in some vast conspiracy is the only way you can sleep at night, so be it.

I'd argue that not including Valyria's war on the wiki is favorable towards them, because it was embarrassing.

If you guys were "friends," and you attacked an alliance treatied with tS, the natural conclusion would be that tS would stop considering you a "friend" post war (something that Alpha found out post 168 Day War). Again, you can't admit that you were "friends" because it suggests backroom dealing where TEst rolled an ally of tS and instead of causing a break in diplomatic relations, you become better "friends". tS can only not be outraged because you weren't friends before the war, and only began to see respect for one another post war. Either that, or tS is a hypocrite for getting pissed at Alpha. Or TEst already arranged a deal with its "friend" to roll Pantheon.

Let's stop playing cat and mouse. Did TEst et. al. do any backroom dealing so that tS wouldn't come to the aid of Pantheon? If not, stop alluding to tS as your "friend" before the aftermath of the Silent War, because it goes against your narrative. Again, defending Rayaleh's statement implicates either collusion or hypocrisy on the part of tS. 

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

if memory serves correct we were pretty certain we would get countered for the pantheon hit until they rolled up on you guys. why are you so hung up on the idea that fighting and being friends are mutually exclusive ideas? it's like you make one faulty presumption and extend that to fit a whole story full of conjecture and passive aggressiveness

if memory serves correct we were pretty certain we would get countered for the pantheon hit until they rolled up on you guys. why are you so hung up on the idea that fighting and being friends are mutually exclusive ideas? it's like you make one faulty presumption and extend that to fit a whole story full of conjecture and passive aggressiveness

Still doesn't explain why tS didn't make a 20 page thread freaking the !@#$ out that you rolled one of their allies. If you don't remember how the tS and Alpha spat started. 

Literally the same scenario. Alpha was friends. Then we rolled SK, tS's friend (Because, according to Partisan, we didn't talk to them about it beforehand). Which suggests that you talked to tS beforehand and got permission to roll the shit out of Pantheon. 

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

The e-lawyer effect is strong in this one.

Literally the same scenario. Alpha was friends. Then we rolled SK, tS's friend (Because, according to Partisan, we didn't talk to them about it beforehand). Which suggests that you talked to tS beforehand and got permission to roll the shit out of Pantheon.

TEst wasn't a M-level ally of t$, just a friend. Paperless and paper function differently, a friend and an ally are very different things.

Still doesn't explain why tS didn't make a 20 page thread freaking the !@#$ out that you rolled one of their allies. If you don't remember how the tS and Alpha spat started. 

perhaps the key difference is you guys conduct yourselves in a manner much different compared to us

Edited by seabasstion

TEst wasn't a M-level ally of t$, just a friend. Paperless and paper function differently, a friend and an ally are very different things.

A friend and ally are very different things? That literally goes against everything Pre has said about his involvement with Arrgh. TEst's CB on Alpha in this war depends on the meaning of "friend" literally being the same thing as a papered ally. 

Either that, or TEst's entrance into the war was less concrete and more having to do with wanted to roll Alpha. But you weren't in TEst during the Silent War, you could not have known what happened between TEst and tS. 

perhaps the key difference is you guys conduct yourselves in a manner much different compared to us

Oh please, you don't know jack shit either. You are not in a gov position (a wise decision on Pre's part) during the Silent War, and you probably have no idea what I'm talking about. If your best excuse is TEst's exceptionalism, you are still suggesting that tS is inconsistent and hypocritical. 

Oh please, you don't know jack shit either. You are not in a gov position (a wise decision on Pre's part) during the Silent War, and you probably have no idea what I'm talking about. If your best excuse is TEst's exceptionalism, you are still suggesting that tS is inconsistent and hypocritical. 

no my reasoning was (which i stated earlier in a more pleasant way) is you're kind of a dick, and if this is indicative of how alpha has behaved towards other alliances than perhaps it would explain why they would be more inclined to target you when presented with multiple options.

no my reasoning was (which i stated earlier in a more pleasant way) is you're kind of a dick, and if this is indicative of how alpha has behaved towards other alliances than perhaps it would explain why they would be more inclined to target you when presented with multiple options.

In other words, because Alpha is a dick, you are rolling us and your excuse that you are defending Arrgh for being a "friend" is full of bs? 

tS got into a spat with Alpha because we didn't tell them we were going in against SK. Partisan in the blog posts had even said that his relationship with Steve was great until then. The only thing that TEst did differently than Alpha in almost the exact same scenario was that TEst was paperless. Now, again, Rayleh's statement is !@#$ing stupid because he's suggesting TEst was "friends" before rolling Pantheon, and your CB against Alpha now depends on "friend" meaning ally. Your previous statements about expecting a counter suggests that you didn't tell tS that you were going to roll Pantheon, a move that is LITERALLY THE SAME !@#$ing THING that happened in the 168 Day War. 

I'm a dick because I like calling people out on their bullshit. I don't represent Alpha, nor am I anywhere near a leadership position because I recognize that my infatuation with shitposting doesn't translate well to foreign affairs. 

For me, this isnt about being all high and mighty and right and standing up to a bully, this is about revenge.  You twats hit us, again and again, with some stupid "HURR DURR THEY HAD NO MIL" (yes we did, which is why DP is dead and Orfeas isnt in range of our guys anymore) justification.  Now its about revenge.  Ima nuke you guys again and again and again.  Also, you have this crazy idea that our nukes are for destroying infra.  No they arent, thats just a pleasant side effect.  Youll find out what they do soon enough.

Nothing? Really all they do is hit infra. Oh and !@#$ up your food productions. Since we don't produce food, we steal it by raiding XD

tvPWtuA.gif