12/16/2016 - Coming Winter Update

Alex

!@#$ the rest of that mumbo jumbo, I'm just happy to see: Military purchase fields default to the maximum number you can buy

Also: Ability to disable baseball team

giphy.gif

Will alliances be able to add Discord to their info page?

Edited by Kurdanak
  • Upvote 4
xzhPlEh.png?1

Wars now have a system called 'resistance'. Each sides starts the war with 100 resistance, and resistance is reduced through every attack. When your opponent's resistance reaches 0, you take 20% of their money, 10% of each of their resources, and automatically destroys 10% of the infrastructure in each of their cities. They are sent to Beige, but for only 2 days. This is to add a more visual component to wars, and encourage people to want to win wars.

>and encourage people to want to win wars.
We didn't before? Huh
  • Upvote 1

What is the point of a test server if all you are going to do is implement everything from the test server anyway.

Its primary purpose is not to weed out ideas, though it can do that. Instead, it enables him to confirm everything is working and there are no bugs before he pushes it to the live server, thus preventing any accidental literal game breaking updates.  

Edited by Phrogg
  • Upvote 1

sith_sig.png

was important; now retired 

Wars now have a system called 'resistance'. Each sides starts the war with 100 resistance, and resistance is reduced through every attack. When your opponent's resistance reaches 0, you take 20% of their money, 10% of each of their resources, and automatically destroys 10% of the infrastructure in each of their cities. They are sent to Beige, but for only 2 days. This is to add a more visual component to wars, and encourage people to want to win wars.

>and encourage people to want to win wars.
We didn't before? Huh

have you never spent 5 days either infra bombing someone or being infra bombed? its painful and there often is nothing you can do to stop it.

• Upvote 2

I'm a bit worried about the amount of loot being to high. I image you're doing that to encourage even more war and try to prevent stagnation from "lack of conflict". Other then that though, I look forward to the changes and am eager so see how it all plays out. Thanks for continuing to add and evolve the game Alex!

• Upvote 1

War doesn't really *need* to be incentivized, a world war every 3 months and a few smaller ones littered inbetween is plenty already. The periods of peace inbetween are what get people pumped for another war in the first place.

Edited by Sketchy
  • Upvote 4

XLL3z4T.gif

First, I just want to mention that one complication in the original rollout of this update is that I'll be traveling the 19th and the 20th, which means I very likely won't be pushing out the update on the 20th. It will very likely be close to the end of the 20th - early 21st server time, but I won't make any promises or guarantee any exact time. The reason for not giving any exact details is that it has come to my attention that there may be some strategizing related to how the update is rolled out, and I'd like to disrupt as much of that as possible.

Please do not mention on IRC, Discord or privately to any players or alliances, when you actually do push the update live.

Being able to attack anyone without fear of retaliation for 5-6 days, is a pretty big loophole to abuse.

Personally, I'd disable war declarations sometime in the next 3 days randomly, with no warning. Then push your first update live sometime in 5-6 days. Then follow up with the second update in 8-9 days.

I'm just gonna sit here and watch the inevitable shitstorm play out.

Want some popcorn?  :popcorn: 

• Upvote 1

sig_cybernations.PNG.8d49a01423f488a0f1b846927f5acc7e.PNG

If you try to spy a missile or nuke that has been built that day, do you lose your spy attack or does it simply not let you spy? Two examples: someone has 3 missiles, launches three missiles then builds one, I attempt to spy while he's at the one, do I get an error message or do I waste a spy attack? Similar scenario, someone has 3 missiles and then buys one, they launch three missiles and still have the one, is that missile invulnerable?

Edit: oh yeah, you're killing your game. Almost forgot that.

Edited by Prefontaine
  • Upvote 2

scSqPGJ.gif

Please do not mention on IRC, Discord or privately to any players or alliances, when you actually do push the update live.

Being able to attack anyone without fear of retaliation for 5-6 days, is a pretty big loophole to abuse.

Personally, I'd disable war declarations sometime in the next 3 days randomly, with no warning. Then push your first update live sometime in 5-6 days. Then follow up with the second update in 8-9 days.

The only fair way to transition is to convert old wars to new wars using a formula of some sort. Otherwise, someone somewhere is getting screwed royally.

• Administrators

!@#$ the rest of that mumbo jumbo, I'm just happy to see: Military purchase fields default to the maximum number you can buy

Also: Ability to disable baseball team

giphy.gif

Will alliances be able to add Discord to their info page?

I'll throw in Discord info for alliance pages, that's a quick add.

How long will "fortify" protection last? Will there be any changes to bank looting?

You remain Fortified until you do another attack. No changes to bank looting in this update.

What is the point of a test server if all you are going to do is implement everything from the test server anyway.

I've built and scrapped many things on the test server. See: Control Points, and the last host of attempted war changes (stacking recruitment, unlimited military improvements, etc.)

Want some popcorn?  :popcorn:

I'm not going to announce it to anyone - as I said in the OP, it'll all happen at a time of my discretion. Like I said, I'll be doing a lot of traveling - driving 9+ hours on the 20th alone. I might push out the update before I go, I might do it when I get home, or I might do it the next day. Or I might do it some other time entirely. No one should be upset if they declare a war thinking that no one will be able to declare back and I don't push out the update when they thought I was going to.

If you try to spy a missile or nuke that has been built that day, do you lose your spy attack or does it simply not let you spy? Two examples: someone has 3 missiles, launches three missiles then builds one, I attempt to spy while he's at the one, do I get an error message or do I waste a spy attack? Similar scenario, someone has 3 missiles and then buys one, they launch three missiles and still have the one, is that missile invulnerable?

As it is currently, you would lose your spy op. I think that should probably be changed to prevent you from doing the operation, though.

The check for whether you can successfully spy or not is if they've built one today, and if they have one. So in your latter example, yes, that missile is invulnerable, though the other 3 (if you tried to spy them before they were launched) would not be.

The only fair way to transition is to convert old wars to new wars using a formula of some sort. Otherwise, someone somewhere is getting screwed royally.

The transition plan is freezing new war declarations, letting all existing wars play out and expire, and then updating the war system after that (and re-enabling war declarations.)

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Sheepy, most importnat question, if nation gets deleted or deletes/resets on his own, does war count as victory for everyone and do they get the loot? Waiting for this one for half a year now.

Edited by DragonK
  • Upvote 1

tvPWtuA.gif

• Jax locked this topic