I don't understand why I still play Hearts of Iron IV.

Seryozha Nikanor

Is this the same for anybody else?

no

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Hearts of Iron 2 was the best.  Unfortunately, it doesn't run on my computer anymore for some reason.  It could be windows 10... :(

"Your cattle will die, your friends will die, you will die. But your reputation, if it is good, will never die."  -excerpt from the Havamal

"We are born into this time and must bravely follow the path to the destined end. There is no other way. Our duty is to hold on to the lost position, without hope, without rescue, like that Roman soldier whose bones were found in front of a door in Pompeii, who, during the eruption of Vesuvius, died at his post because they forgot to relieve him. That is greatness. That is what it means to be a thoroughbred. The honorable end is the one thing that can not be taken from a man."  -Oswald Spengler

That's a horrible guess, everyone knows HoI IV is absolutely horrendous. Saying it's a good game is like saying gravity doesn't exist, it's just not true.

HoI 2 players - "HoI3 is too complex, could you make it a bit simpiler?"

PDS - "Simpler you say?"

aqk1nCi.png

Edited by Malal

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

I never really got into the series, had III for a while, but the large difficulty curve and my paranoia* at the time made me get a steam refund.

*paranoia/worry about not playing the game ever again and squandering the money

Edited by The Sealandic Federation

It looks pretty? It's easily rewarding?

Ok you can't do that without the More Manpower mod.

nah, there was an infinite manpower exploit on release that allowed that. He posted a WC AAR on the Pdox forums. I actually found one of my own when the new expansion droped, no idea if it's been patched though. Edited by Malal

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I always picked the small nations in South America first and then slowly works my way around the continent while avoiding to accidentally press anything in the American intervention pop up.

indonesia.jpg

King Bilal the Great Mediocre

The Average monarch of Billonesia

Wikia page (if you're into roleplay things).

We Tvtropes now. (down the rabbit hole!)