Helping Homeless Illegal?

WISD0MTREE

[h-thread]

Have you seen campaigns here? 

Hey, we already cut our military spending in half and ending a war. 

Hey, you said 

Hey, Steve Jobs wasn't sitting around duct taping a few random things to make the Mac. The CEO of most companies do a little more than garbage truck drivers, so they should have a little bigger pay check. 

The only reasons campaigns are as much as they are is BECAUSE of money in politics, when you have Adelson, the Kochs, and other billionaires throwing hundreds of millions into the game to defeat one another, of course the amount will rack up. But it doesn't have to be that way. There are a lot of really smart things we could do as a country that are actually really cheap compared to the waste that we do spend, such as making college education free and investing in the future of our country and people. We wouldn't even have to have a very high tax rate if we invested in smarter things rather than bigger things.

And CEO's should have a bigger pay check, but its a question of how far do we go with allowing for the divide between the rich and the poor before we say enough is enough. Pure capitalism will lead us to one place, and that is absolute destruction and destitution of society, but Capitalism with social consciousness thrown in there is the best way to end poverty, create progress, and promote liberty. Which is also why I am a huge proponent of Creative Capitalism.

We can't and shouldn't allow people to stay in poverty, there IS a way we can the fix.

Edited by CMDR_Adama

rsz_1g7q_ak91409798280.jpg

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a roll.

There is one you will follow. One who is the shining star, and he will lead you to beautiful places in the search of his own vanity. And when there is no more vanity to be found, he will leave you in darkness, as a fading memory of his own creation.

Uh, no I didn't. I don't recall having ever passed comment on Steve Jobs or Apple at all in any of my discussions on economics or politics here.

Sorry, I accidentally disconnected my keyboard, I guess. 

I meant to type that you said that we need to take from the hard workers like SJ to give to poor people. In America, most of the 'poor' are living in a small apartment with an Xbox playing CoD all day except when the electric bill comes around. 

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

Sorry, I accidentally disconnected my keyboard, I guess.

I meant to type that you said that we need to take from the hard workers like SJ to give to poor people. In America, most of the 'poor' are living in a small apartment with an Xbox playing CoD all day except when the electric bill comes around.

Hooray for ignorant stereotypes!

There is no order and no meaning,

there is only the truth of The Signal.

The Signal ever transmits from here

to the eyes and ears of the 'verse.

Can't Stop The Signal.

Hooray for cheap WalMart Bluetooth keyboards

Fixed that for you. I'm not ignorant in that area, since I typed over half the message (including the beginning). It just randomly disconnects. 

In America, most of the 'poor' are living in a small apartment with an Xbox playing CoD all day except when the electric bill comes around. 

This is the portion that Lambdadelta was referring to as an "ignorant stereotype."

You can't blame your cheap BlueTooth keyboard for this absurd statement.

• Upvote 2

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q

This is the portion that Lambdadelta was referring to as an "ignorant stereotype.".

Stereotypes always stay, even if they are wrong. Remember when everyone thought that you were from Cali? :D

http://www.sott.net/article/269292-Los-Angeles-to-join-New-York-and-50-other-US-cities-with-ban-on-feeding-homeless-people

Some idiots these days all will burn in hell for there crimes sad to see people banning helping homeless people

Edited by FS108
  • Upvote 1
6992.jpg

0:23-1:04 is the mentality that creates these kinds of laws.

After reading through all the previous posts it feels so... off-topic to be on-topic.

Edited by Karl Marx
  • Upvote 2

"Your 'order' is built on sand. Tomorrow the revolution will already 'raise itself with a rattle' and announce with fanfare, to your terror: I was, I am, I will be!" - Rosa Luxemburg

http://www.sott.net/article/269292-Los-Angeles-to-join-New-York-and-50-other-US-cities-with-ban-on-feeding-homeless-people

Some idiots these days all will burn in hell for there crimes sad to see people banning helping homeless people

If you ban charity when that's supposed to be the welfare of a (pure) capitalist system, and give no or not enough welfare, you're condemning these people to die/starve (or steal to survive). I would be appalled if this were enacted.

• Upvote 2

If you ban charity when that's supposed to be the welfare of a (pure) capitalist system, and give no or not enough welfare, you're condemning these people to die/starve (or steal to survive). I would be appalled if this were enacted.

In L.A. (and other blue states), the law was proposed by Democrats, who no doubt have a brilliant welfare solution to drain the state's budget and raise taxes in order to win poor people's votes without actually getting them jobs or long-term benefits. They'll perpetuate a multigenerational cycle of poverty with an empty promise of a transition into better days, thus ensuring that they will always have masses of poor, loyal voters who feel like their choice between Democrat and Republican actually matters.

So don't worry, poor people will have all the access to systemized poverty and political servitude to Democrats for themselves and their children welfare they can get.

Republicans are no better, but for different reasons.

• Upvote 1

"Your 'order' is built on sand. Tomorrow the revolution will already 'raise itself with a rattle' and announce with fanfare, to your terror: I was, I am, I will be!" - Rosa Luxemburg