Freedom fighters.

Prefontaine

Arrgh recognizes the imortance of spreading freedom to all corners of Orbis and thus and thusly joins this fight on oppression. We'll be taking that out of reach lower tier. I'm awaiting your recognition. Arrgh!

• Upvote 3

tvPWtuA.gif

Do they have oil?

According to the NOTBS, yes. They just so happen to have a ton of oil. So what? We are liberating their vassals from the tyrannical Valyrian government, not taking oil. 

xCbZZSl.png

• Upvote 4

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

According to the NOTBS, yes. They just so happen to have a ton of oil. So what? We are liberating their vassals from the tyrannical Valyrian government, not taking oil. 

xCbZZSl.png

Oh ok

• Upvote 1

It's ok :(

Have a hug and cookies :)

*hugs and gives cookies*

I heard cookie?

Roll Squeegee pact with Redarmy and Ameyuri

Blues Brothers pact with Redarmy

Leader of the Elyion Resistance. If it's backed by NPO, you know it's evil

How strange.

You know when Syndicate left Paragon and joined up with Guardian, Mensa, and...  well Seven Kingdoms at the time to form Syndisphere - we honestly didn't think it'd work out well initially.  We were just getting to know each other - Mensa was looked upon as too abrasive, Guardian was going through leadership issues, and Seven Kingdoms was dealing with bad PR from The Great VE War at the time.

Yet when the inevitable attack from Paragon came around to attack Syndicate as well as other alliances in the sphere, we all jumped in and assisted one another without hesitation.  We learned how important cooperation and coordination was, we learned to trust a snake (Well, we learned how important good FA skills was), and we developed good solid military strategies.  All of this from one war, that then carried over to the next war, then the next...  and the following ones up to present.

There were several times where we got together in a chat and stated, "Alright, we may take a loss here, what can we do to bloody their noses?" due to the constant numerical odds we were initially against.  Yet, we never lost.  There were quite a few attacks on us that should've made us lose, but we never gave up and we never looked at a war where we didn't have a chance.

Basically what I'm getting at is if Valyria isn't looking to show what they can do leading the sphere they're in, you guys are not worthy of being tied together - at all.  People make pointless alliances that contribute very little, if any, to the overall political spectrum of this game as well as the military side of it.  Like it seems people want to be leaders, they want to make their own alliances, yet they don't want to do the work to make things cohesive.

The Syndisphere/OOsphere has shown what it takes to be successful.  You have to be willing to accept losses to achieve the victory.  You have to be willing to plan and put time in.  If Valyria and their GoT sphere cannot work together, even against the odds, then what's the point?  You're just a group of communities then instead of an actual alliance.

Just from a personal perspective and my FA positioning in Mensa HQ;  how am I suppose to take any of you guys serious?

I mean we remain as willing to defend our allies now as then if they actually want us to join in. But I don't think their decision is simple defeatism. You said it yourself with respect to the "inevitable" attack from paracov, there was some awareness of that likelihood. Nobody expected a TEst attack on Valryia and it is with no pride that I say we did not have many detailed war plans for these kinds of unexpected scenarios. Neither of us have discussed any contingencies here and realistically when the disparity in average score is almost as large as our total average score it leaves us with little capability to meaningfully fight back. I doubt when TEst planned their up declares on Ace and other pantheon top nations they just rushed right into it without any thought or planning. Personally i would love to fight TEst under better circumstances. i don't think we'd win but I don't really care about this nation or find a lot of the peacetime mechanics especially fun, and planning a war with such skilled opponents would be fun and given the score gap a very interesting challenge, win or lose.

But there has been no planning and we were massively unprepared. I still don't care and will gladly jump in and do whatever we can, though under no illusions as to the effectiveness of such an entry . Maybe things will change. Maybe we'll see an opportunity and they will choose to accept that help. but I mean we are all playing this by ear (TEst themselves from my understanding) and their initial decision was to take this war alone to avoid tanking a sphere that they have basically made their raison d'etre. We are preparing for all eventualities and will be talking with them when gov from both sides get on to help them plan their response since they have less experience. Perhaps once we start coordination and planning their calculus will change, but unless and until it does we will be respecting their request to stay out while preparing for anything.

Edited by Mikey
  • Upvote 3

Archduke Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, Lord Paramount of the Reach, Warden of the South, Breaker of Forums.

If you were a raiding alliance, what would be the best chosen sphere to raid at the present time of this game?

Food for thought.

Edited by Buorhann
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Nights Watch would be nearly completely irrelevant in this fight due to being new and having mostly smaller new nations, and while we have many more nations in range to hit you, your lowest member would be #10 in our alliance. While we remain ready to burn for them if they ask for it, or if other parties try and take advantage of this, we don't dispute their calculations. I love SK, its been my home for years and I have a very high opinion of my fellow alliance members but even I'm not so blinded as to think we could realistically go toe to toe with you, much as I think it would be a very interesting fight.

I've always been fascinated with how much the paperless alliances can get away with in this game.

Arrgh's constant raiding casually dismissed as unavoidable or inconsequential.

TEst's monthly wars on seeming-random alliances while they and their allies roll over and take it.

Roz Wei existing and allowing kastor to post KASTOR IS OK I GUESS.

If your allies, nations, or pride aren't worth fighting for... Then what is?

Edited by Holton
  • Upvote 3

Roz Wei existing and allowing kastor to post KASTOR IS OK I GUESS.

The fact that BK lets you post is fascinating

22:26 +Kadin: too far man

22:26 +Kadin: too far

22:26 Lordofpuns[boC]: that's the point of incest Kadin

22:26 Lordofpuns[boC]: to go farther

22:27 Bet: or father

The fact that BK lets you post is fascinating

He's not BK anymore.

• Upvote 4

[22:37:51] <&Yosodog> Problem is, everyone is too busy deciding which top gun character they are that no decision has been made

BK in a nutshell