OPEC - ORBIS PETROLEUM EXPORTING CARTEL

Lam Songman

OPEC0001.GIF

Greetings Orbis. 

As many of you already know, the exporting of resources is a lucrative form of income which many of our nations rely on to maintain a positive revenue stream. Other more developed nations --or nations without said resources, rely on the suppliers to import whatever necessity dictates. As a sovereign oil producing transnational organization, the administration of Gungtung Tungzi Saamhap Wui has decided to take the initiative and spearhead the development of a loose trans-alliance association which attempts to stabilize the volatile oil market here on Orbis. 

To give a small example: on Oct.4 the high price of oil (then at 1,126 per barrel) plunged by -438 dollars the following day (688 per barrel). In an effort to equalize dynamic between the profit motived sellers, and the price conscious consumers, OPEC's Secretary General will announce on the Monday of every week the fixed price of oil for its affiliate members for the week. All OPEC affiliates are expected to fix their oil prices to the designated amount for the week. We invite all interested entities who qualify to participate. 

DICTUMS

a. Leadership

The Secretary General has a term limit of 1 month as spokesman and de-facto head of OPEC, and sets the Market Rate, as well selects a successor for the following Month on the last Sunday of the Month. The successor is appointed and begins their term on the First Monday of the new Month. The Secretary General must be an exporting nation. Once a nation becomes an importer/or primary consumer of oil and no longer exports reserves, they are also no longer eligible to serve as Secretary General (SG).  The Secretary General must clearly display his incumbency for identification & communication purposes.

b. Membership

Members are a loosely affiliated network of oil exporters who choose to abide by the Dictums of OPEC. There is no formal membership process, and at no point are nations required to secede or compromise their allegiance to whichever alliance they are members of. Members who wish to engage and participate with OPEC need but only check the Forum every Monday to see the Market Rate. The only obligations affiliation requires is that a nation be a oil exporter, and that they honor the market rate set by OPEC. Making a note on your nations custom description denoting formal OPEC membership is encouraged but not required. Should a nation wish to be considered as a candidate for appointment as GS, they should contact the incumbent to let themselves be added to the roster of candidates.

c.  Market Rates

The Market Rate dictates the extreme high-low limits that the GS may fix oil prices.These rates must be announced at their earliest convenience every Monday. Should life demands make them unable to announce it on Monday, members will honor the MR of the previous week until further notice. 

Market High Limit

Market Low Limit

It is OPEC's wish to see an increase in both oil production and consumption. We hope everyone will appreciate the newfound market stability this economic mechanism has set in place. This completes the announcement.

image-566349-breitwandaufmacher-rsue-566

May our ancestors smile upon us all.

山王林爽文 (SG)

Saan Wong Lam Song-man (SG)

Edited by Lam Songman
  • Upvote 1

!å清å¤æ˜Ž!

"The resort to wu (warfare) is an admission of bankruptcy in the pursuit of wen (civility or culture). Consequently, it should be a last resort. Expansion through wen... is natural and proper; whereas expansion by wu, brute force and conquest, is never to be condoned.†

For the remainder of this week until Monday of next week the Market Rate will be set at 1000 dollars a barrel.

!å清å¤æ˜Ž!

"The resort to wu (warfare) is an admission of bankruptcy in the pursuit of wen (civility or culture). Consequently, it should be a last resort. Expansion through wen... is natural and proper; whereas expansion by wu, brute force and conquest, is never to be condoned.†

why don't you both sack up and sell it at $50 indefinitely 

!å清å¤æ˜Ž!

Contact Abigail Griffin and TimbitsNCoffee, they sell at 50 dollars a barrel. 

• Upvote 2

!å清å¤æ˜Ž!

Well, you set up OPEC to control oil prices, and set up the minimum, but you have no political way to enforce it.

Great idea, but it wont work. Especially if you cant enforce it

• Upvote 1

PoJQyFJ.gif

Well, you set up OPEC to control oil prices, and set up the minimum, but you have no political way to enforce it.

Great idea, but it wont work. Especially if you cant enforce it

Enforce it? That was never my intention. Did you read my OP? It's purely voluntary. If the majority of producers rally behind this, it can and would work. Everything worthwhile takes time. If people would rather sell for cheaper thats their problem not mine. I am just trying to add another element of RPing fun into the game and create a new dynamic. If it doesn't work it so be it. It literally costs me nothing to do that in RL, and in the game I make most of my money from iron trading anyways so it literally is no sweat of my back to let the oil sit. I'm just trying to have fun.If anyone else wants to join in that would be rad. If not thats cool. Least i'm doing something different for now.

Yeah, if this was actually OPEC then you guys should halve the price of oil. Just ignore the recent deal they made or whatever...

Yea well it ISN'T the real OPEC so...yea...

To anyone interested, don't let the nay-sayers bring you down. Their is gonna be people talking down on any idea or try to sabotage us by deflating their oil price, but let them do that, its only lost revenue for them and as more people join OPEC (I've received many promising PM's of volunteers) demand will outweigh the supply of those who sell at a lower rate as all their reserves are bought quickly off the market quickly leaving only OPEC nations to choose from. Also, the Market rate is only for PUBLIC trades. Not personal trades or those done for members of your own alliance. All nations are expected sell oil for their own benefit. No one is holding a gun to your head. I'm just letting everyone know of a new possibility to increase your revenue and set a price range to prevent severe price inflation or deflation. I hope to see a continued increase in OPEC volunteers and welcome your continued participation and support.

Any constructive criticism or advice on improving OPEC is always welcome. 

Edited by Lam Songman

!å清å¤æ˜Ž!

Great news! I'll add you onto the roster of official OPEC volunteers. Just hedge yourself by allowing other forms of income so that you can try to stay firm on the Market Rate until we have  more OPEC volunteers. Tomorrow there will be a new Market Rate Announced. :)

!å清å¤æ˜Ž!