The Lionising of Fidel Castro

Rozalia

This crazy chick will have us working in camps, definitely needs some sense banged into her.

that's an interesting theory, considering:

i'm all for abolishing capitalism, but not if it means we have to give up human rights

yikes @ you

dx8jLp8.gif

>north korea isnt a real commune

when-your-retarded-system-collapses-but-

No true Scotsman would EVER do that!!!

• Upvote 1

"Your cattle will die, your friends will die, you will die. But your reputation, if it is good, will never die."  -excerpt from the Havamal

"We are born into this time and must bravely follow the path to the destined end. There is no other way. Our duty is to hold on to the lost position, without hope, without rescue, like that Roman soldier whose bones were found in front of a door in Pompeii, who, during the eruption of Vesuvius, died at his post because they forgot to relieve him. That is greatness. That is what it means to be a thoroughbred. The honorable end is the one thing that can not be taken from a man."  -Oswald Spengler

U4GuQaNEAV74Q.gif

I love Braveheart, very inspiring movie.  The speech he gives to his soldiers gives me chills.

"Your cattle will die, your friends will die, you will die. But your reputation, if it is good, will never die."  -excerpt from the Havamal

"We are born into this time and must bravely follow the path to the destined end. There is no other way. Our duty is to hold on to the lost position, without hope, without rescue, like that Roman soldier whose bones were found in front of a door in Pompeii, who, during the eruption of Vesuvius, died at his post because they forgot to relieve him. That is greatness. That is what it means to be a thoroughbred. The honorable end is the one thing that can not be taken from a man."  -Oswald Spengler

why?

Piracy runs throughout the entire Pacific who would sack every trade route if it were not for the US Navy in the region constantly patrolling the oceans just outside of the Chinese waterways. And, as much as China denies it, most of the Piracy is modern Buccaneering coming from Chinese ports on the waters I mentioned earlier. We have been threatened by the Chinese with military threats but our intervention in these waters have maintained trade routes for a long time. If we were to become non-interventionists and pull out of the trade routes and allow China to patrol, the increase in Piracy would grow exponentially and threaten the largest trade route in the world today.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

This crazy chick will have us working in camps, definitely needs some sense banged into her. 

This is rich, considering you don't know jack shit about economics. 

• Upvote 1

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

• 5 weeks later...

Castro lead his people through many difficult times and liberated them from a dictator we liked. He wasn't a communist according to Marxism. And he was surprisingly diplomatic with the US despite the many, many failed attempts to assassinate him. He had a lot of positive contributions and some negative ones that were pretty serious, but overall he kept Cuba going in the face of economic problems related to our completely ineffective economic attacks on Cuba. Raul's doing fine and now that we're not constantly attacking Cuba, but just keeping a terrorist free in our country to avoid Cuban prosecution we're starting to work effectively with the country since we had no real reason not to be friendly with them from the beginning.

GICjEwp.gif

Castro lead his people through many difficult times

Yeah technically so did !@#$ing Hitler, but we don't really remember him to fondly.

liberated them from a dictator we liked.

I bet that the Cuban people where so glad that the current dictator liberated them from the previous one, such progress.

He wasn't a communist according to Marxism.

Yeah, technically no one is a communist according to Marxism, because it basically demands that you live in a stateless society. Doesn't change the fact that he was a brutal dictator who imprisoned and killed his own people

And he was surprisingly diplomatic with the US despite the many, many failed attempts to assassinate him.

>Surprisingly diplomatic with the U.S.

>Let's just ignore the cuban missile crisis

>Just every day life in the 100% totally diplomatic cuba

He had a lot of positive contributions and some negative ones that were pretty serious, but overall he kept Cuba going in the face of economic problems

You know you are right. In fact lets praise North Korea's great leaders too, who in face of great economic problems have managed to stay around and while they have had their pretty negative contributions, really have helped improve overall literacy among North Korea and have such high approval within his country.

related to our completely ineffective economic attacks on Cuba.

Now here is the thing, the sanctions can't both be ineffective and cause economic problems. That's just not how those words work. I know you want to make it sound like Cuba somehow blossomed under the evil imperialist U.S. economic sanctions, but the people of Cuba where thoroughly !@#$ed because of them. 

Raul's doing fine and now that we're not constantly attacking Cuba, but just keeping a terrorist free in our country to avoid Cuban prosecution we're starting to work effectively

Yeah doing fine, totally not still a brutal dictatorship that imprisons dissidents and kills anyone who speaks out against the government. Also find it pretty funny how you imply the fact that we are keeping people from being prosecuted in Cuba like it is a bad thing.

we're starting to work effectively with the country since we had no real reason not to be friendly with them from the beginning.

Look bud, I'm going to enlighten you a bit on why Cold War diplomacy worked the way it did and why the U.S. was especially hard on Communism in the Americas, THE CUBAN MISSILE CRISIS. The U.S. didn't want a soviet foothold so close to home. This is also why so many attempted assassinations occurred on Castro, they wanted to avoid exactly that. You want to know why relations are improving now? There is no soviet union breathing down on the U.S. threatening it's position as a world super power.

• Upvote 2

-snip-

+1

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

01:05:55 <%fistofdoom> im out of wine

01:06:03 <%fistofdoom> i winsih i had port
01:06:39 <@JoshF{BoC}> fistofdoom: is the snowman drunk with you

01:07:32 <%fistofdoom> i knet i forgot somehnt

Yeah technically so did !@#$ Hitler, but we don't really remember him to fondly.

Hitler also tried genocide and attacked other states to cause a World War. Castro, at best, aided a single war.

I bet that the Cuban people where so glad that the current dictator liberated them from the previous one, such progress.

No the ones in Miami want the old dictator back so they can go back to ruling the country over the poors. We support plenty of places that are dictatorial or monarchical.

Yeah, technically no one is a communist according to Marxism, because it basically demands that you live in a stateless society. Doesn't change the fact that he was a brutal dictator who imprisoned and killed his own people

I didn't say it would. I was correcting people calling it communist since it isn't.

So holding a grudge for over sixty years is helpful? How many years of bitterness can we knock off their record per assassination attempt?

You know you are right. In fact lets praise North Korea's great leaders too, who in face of great economic problems have managed to stay around and while they have had their pretty negative contributions, really have helped improve overall literacy among North Korea and have such high approval within his country.

This isn't even an argument.

Now here is the thing, the sanctions can't both be ineffective and cause economic problems. That's just not how those words work. I know you want to make it sound like Cuba somehow blossomed under the evil imperialist U.S. economic sanctions, but the people of Cuba where thoroughly !@#$ed because of them. 

Ineffective at forcing Cuba to change its way, effective at crippling its economy for decades. So yes, it actually can be both.

Yeah doing fine, totally not still a brutal dictatorship that imprisons dissidents and kills anyone who speaks out against the government. Also find it pretty funny how you imply the fact that we are keeping people from being prosecuted in Cuba like it is a bad thing.

We're sheltering a terrorist who bombed a civilian airliner. I think when Afghanistan did that we got pretty upset with them? Anyone remember? I think it might've been a war or something. I already admitted he's got good and bad qualities. If you actually "knew" what I wanted you might be accurate, but you don't so you just make some stuff up. Good job.

Look bud, I'm going to enlighten you a bit on why Cold War diplomacy worked the way it did and why the U.S. was especially hard on Communism in the Americas, THE CUBAN MISSILE CRISIS. The U.S. didn't want a soviet foothold so close to home. This is also why so many attempted assassinations occurred on Castro, they wanted to avoid exactly that. You want to know why relations are improving now? There is no soviet union breathing down on the U.S. threatening it's position as a world super power.

Russia's still well represented in Cuba. The Cuban Missile Crisis was not the reason for the sanctions or assassination attempts. We just didn't like him and most people stopped thinking about it after that. It's not really the US's role to decide who can or can't be a country or how they govern. So the USSR dies in 1991 and 26 years later there's a change? lol. The reason it changed is Obama was tired of just keeping everything the same to keep the Miami Cubans happy.

GICjEwp.gif

It's not really the US's role to decide who can or can't be a country or how they govern.

Well... That's just too bad. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

lookin at you, DPRK

Edited by fistofdoom

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

Hitler also tried genocide and attacked other states to cause a World War. Castro, at best, aided a single war.

Yer wtf Juan, Castro only killed thousands of people not millions like Hitler did.

Everyone knows it doesn't count unless you kill at least 1 million people.

Fidel Castro dindu nuffin.

• Upvote 4

XLL3z4T.gif

Do you make everything hard to quote on purpose?

No the ones in Miami want the old dictator back so they can go back to ruling the country over the poors. 

Ineffective at forcing Cuba to change its way, effective at crippling its economy for decades. So yes, it actually can be both.

The Cuban Missile Crisis was not the reason for the sanctions or assassination attempts. We just didn't like him and most people stopped thinking about it after that. 

So it's a conspiracy? 

Sooner or later, they would look like Venezuela. 

Gee, I wonder why we didn't like him. Maybe it's 

-their GDP per capita not growing much over a 40 year period

-thousands of refugees fleeing Castro causing a mini-humanitarian crisis 

-great healthcare, which is very equal (sarcasm)

-censorship

-imprisonment of political dissidents 

-mass executions by firing squads

-persecuting homosexuals

-discriminating against blacks

-sexism

-aiding oppressive regimes and such (link, link, link)

But that free healthcare was so worth it, right? 

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

Do you make everything hard to quote on purpose?

Nope, the forums just don't let me split up a quote so I can answer each statement.

So it's a conspiracy? IDK. Ask whoever said it.

Sooner or later, they would look like Venezuela. We certainly did in the 30s.

Gee, I wonder why we didn't like him. Maybe it's 

-their GDP per capita not growing much over a 40 year period So you have to have X per capita to avoid being killed by the US?

-thousands of refugees fleeing Castro causing a mini-humanitarian crisis  That was Castro emptying his prisons

-great healthcare, which is very equal (sarcasm) Probably hard to get good medical supplies after a 60 year economic blockade.

-censorship Lots of places have censorship that we're very friendly with. Israeli stuff is censored by the military censor.

-imprisonment of political dissidents And right next to Guantanamo Bay where we keep political prisoners.

-mass executions by firing squads Just like Utah

-persecuting homosexuals I believe in the US they call it "religious freedom"

-discriminating against blacks Already well documented as happening here on quite a scale.

-sexism We have that too

-aiding oppressive regimes and such (link, link, link) What about all the oppressive dictators we're friends with?

But that free healthcare was so worth it, right? Nope, some good stuff, some bad stuff, kind of like what was originally said. Free healthcare is definitely different though in that it beats our system hard.

GICjEwp.gif

Yeah technically so did !@#$ Hitler, but we don't really remember him to fondly.

The embargo happened well before the Cuban Missile Crisis:

The Cuban Missile Crisis, also known as the Caribbean Crisis (Russian: КарибÑкий кризиÑ, tr. Karibskij krizis), or the Missile Scare, was a 13-day (October 16–28, 1962)

An embargo was first imposed by the United States on sale of arms to Cuba on the 14th of March 1958, during the Fulgencio Batista regime. Again on October 19, 1960 (almost two years after the Batista regime was deposed by the Cuban Revolution) the U.S. placed an embargo on exports to Cuba except for food and medicine after Cuba nationalized American-owned Cuban oil refineries without compensation. On February 7, 1962 the embargo was extended to include almost all imports.[1] 

GICjEwp.gif

It never says anything about a state to enforce it or not.

"In Marxist thought, communist society or communist system is the type of society and economic system postulated to emerge from technological advances in the productive forces, representing the ultimate goal of the political ideology of Communism. A communist society is characterized by common ownership of the means of production with free access[1][2] to the articles of consumption and is classless and stateless,[3] implying the end of the exploitation of labor."

GICjEwp.gif

The embargo happened well before the Cuban Missile Crisis:

The Cuban Missile Crisis, also known as the Caribbean Crisis (Russian: КарибÑкий кризиÑ, tr. Karibskij krizis), or the Missile Scare, was a 13-day (October 16–28, 1962)

An embargo was first imposed by the United States on sale of arms to Cuba on the 14th of March 1958, during the Fulgencio Batista regime. Again on October 19, 1960 (almost two years after the Batista regime was deposed by the Cuban Revolution) the U.S. placed an embargo on exports to Cuba except for food and medicine after Cuba nationalized American-owned Cuban oil refineries without compensation. On February 7, 1962 the embargo was extended to include almost all imports.[1] 

Look bud, since you only want to read words and sentences that allow you to defend against my point of view rather than understanding the exact argument that I presented then I will clarify to you exactly what point I made. In no way shape or form did I mention that the attempted assassinations on Castro did not occur before the Cuban missile crisis or that hostilities did not start until the cuban missile crisis, it was that U.S. war policy feared the cuban missile crisis scenario. Guess they weren't to far off either since it actually &#33;@#&#036;ing happened...

I hope you don't send me to the Gulags for stopping you from arguing with me over something I didn't say. Also tip, unless you want to actually put in the time and effort of splitting up the quote just list things in a point by point basis outside the quote. Thanks.

We're sheltering a terrorist who bombed a civilian airliner. I think when Afghanistan did that we got pretty upset with them? Anyone remember? I think it might've been a war or something. I already admitted he's got good and bad qualities. If you actually "knew" what I wanted you might be accurate, but you don't so you just make some stuff up. Good job.

Are you actually trying to tell me that Cuba doesn't imprison or kill anyone who speaks out against the government and I'm making it up? That is a top meme. Next you will be telling me that Stalin and Mao didn't kill millions in crazed attempts to remain in power.

• Upvote 1

Look bud, since you only want to read words and sentences that allow you to defend against my point of view rather than understanding the exact argument that I presented then I will clarify to you exactly what point I made. In no way shape or form did I mention that the attempted assassinations on Castro did not occur before the Cuban missile crisis or that hostilities did not start until the cuban missile crisis, it was that U.S. war policy feared the cuban missile crisis scenario. Guess they weren't to far off either since it actually !@#$ happened...

"I'm going to enlighten you a bit on why Cold War diplomacy worked the way it did and why the U.S. was especially hard on Communism in the Americas, THE CUBAN MISSILE CRISIS."

To me that reads that the embargo came after the missile crisis, which it did not.

I hope you don't send me to the Gulags for stopping you from arguing with me over something I didn't say. Also tip, unless you want to actually put in the time and effort of splitting up the quote just list things in a point by point basis outside the quote. Thanks.

No thanks.

Are you actually trying to tell me that Cuba doesn't imprison or kill anyone who speaks out against the government and I'm making it up? That is a top meme. Next you will be telling me that Stalin and Mao didn't kill millions in crazed attempts to remain in power.

No, I said we're sheltering a terrorist who shot down an airliner and while doing that, we're technically a part of the Axis of Evil per the Bush Doctrine. Nothing more, nothing less.

GICjEwp.gif

Look bud, since you only want to read words and sentences that allow you to defend against my point of view rather than understanding the exact argument that I presented then I will clarify to you exactly what point I made. In no way shape or form did I mention that the attempted assassinations on Castro did not occur before the Cuban missile crisis or that hostilities did not start until the cuban missile crisis, it was that U.S. war policy feared the cuban missile crisis scenario. Guess they weren't to far off either since it actually !@#$ happened...

"I'm going to enlighten you a bit on why Cold War diplomacy worked the way it did and why the U.S. was especially hard on Communism in the Americas, THE CUBAN MISSILE CRISIS."

To me that reads that the embargo came after the missile crisis, which it did not.

No thanks.

No, I said we're sheltering a terrorist who shot down an airliner and while doing that, we're technically a part of the Axis of Evil per the Bush Doctrine. Nothing more, nothing less.

1. Damn you got me there, totally just didn't cut an entire paragraph in half that mentioned how they wanted to avoid such a crisis to avoid exactly that scenario. Nope, didn't happen. You are right. Totally aren't just drawing at straws to make me say something I didn't.

2. Lol K.

3. No, you said and as I quote "We're sheltering a terrorist who bombed a civilian airliner. I think when Afghanistan did that we got pretty upset with them? Anyone remember? I think it might've been a war or something. I already admitted he's got good and bad qualities. If you actually "knew" what I wanted you might be accurate, but you don't so you just make some stuff up. Good job." Nothing about an Axis of Evil or the Bush Doctrine. Though you did mention the airliner, only to proceed onto how I "shouldn't be making things up" when mentioning how Cuba kills dissidents and imprisons its people.

• Upvote 1

1. Damn you got me there, totally just didn't cut an entire paragraph in half that mentioned how they wanted to avoid such a crisis to avoid exactly that scenario. Nope, didn't happen. You are right. Totally aren't just drawing at straws to make me say something I didn't.

That's how I read it. If it's different from what you were trying to say feel free to update. All I'm arguing about is basically the sections I don't delete in a quote to keep message size down.

2. Lol K. 

3.  Though you did mention the airliner, only to proceed onto how I "shouldn't be making things up" when mentioning how Cuba kills dissidents and imprisons its people.

If you did this I missed it and can't find anywhere I posted all of what you're quoting.

"Luis Clemente Faustino Posada Carriles (born February 15, 1928) (nicknamed Bambi)[1] is a Cuban exile militant and former Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) agent. He is considered a terrorist by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Government of Cuba, among others; he is widely considered responsible for the bombing of Cubana flight 455, which killed 73 people.[2][3][4][5][6] He was a long-time member of the Coordination of United Revolutionary Organizations,[7][8] described by the FBI as "an anti-Castro terrorist umbrella organization".[9]

That's who I'm referencing us sheltering like the Taliban.

GICjEwp.gif

Fidel Castro was basically Mother Theresa

Yer wtf Juan, the CIA did some bad stuff. But even tho it doesn't count unless you kill 1 million people, the CIA is American and American = Evil so you round the 73 people up to 1 million. Maths yo.

Fidel Castro dindu nuffin

XLL3z4T.gif

If you guys aren't going to even read what I've read, why bother to be here?

I read what you wrote.

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

Nope, the forums just don't let me split up a quote so I can answer each statement.

IDK. Ask whoever said it.

We certainly did in the 30s.

So you have to have X per capita to avoid being killed by the US?

That was Castro emptying his prisons

Probably hard to get good medical supplies after a 60 year economic blockade.

Lots of places have censorship that we're very friendly with. Israeli stuff is censored by the military censor.

And right next to Guantanamo Bay where we keep political prisoners.

Just like Utah

I believe in the US they call it "religious freedom"

Already well documented as happening here on quite a scale.

We have that too

Nope, some good stuff, some bad stuff, kind of like what was originally said. Free healthcare is definitely different though in that it beats our system hard.

Free healthcare is definitely different though in that it beats our system hard.

beats our system hard.

We need this to be an emoticon. icon_hang.gif

Unless I'm missing something, you were the one who originally posted it to dispute someone else saying "I bet that the Cuban people where so glad that the current dictator liberated them from the previous one, such progress." 

The world.* There's a difference between not being able to feed your population because a war with pants on head dumb reparations sent a country so far into debt that it hyperinflated its currency to make the first payment and not being able to feed your country because your system is broken. 

No, you have to provide economic opportunities for people so they don't live in a perpetual state of poverty. 

That's funny. Donald Trump has purple hair. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mariel_boatlift

But in a few lines down, you praise their healthcare. Which is it? 

According to Reporters Without Borders

Israel: "The Israeli press enjoys a real freedom, which is rare in the Middle East region."

Cuba: "The Castro family, which has ruled since 1959, maintains a media monopoly and tolerates no independent reporting. Arbitrary arrest and imprisonment, threats, smear campaigns, confiscation of equipment and closure of websites are the most common forms of harassment, which is ubiquitous and is buttressed by an arsenal of restrictive laws. The few independent bloggers and journalists have to cope with drastic restrictions on Internet access."

https://rsf.org/en/

There's a difference in being a political opponent and making propaganda/planning attacks on behalf of an organization that killed thousands of innocent people in one day. 

170px-North_face_south_tower_after_plane

Utah has executed around 50 people since the 1850s, and all of them had a trial. This is opposed to the thousands Castro has killed in just a few decades, many without a trial and placed in mass graves. 

When has the US Gov executed hundreds of homosexuals and put thousands into labor camps, claiming it was "religious freedom?" I must have missed that. 

And when they resisted, did we publicly execute MLK? 

Do we deny/delay women's healthcare because they are women? 

Please tell me you are joking. 

https://panampost.com/belen-marty/2015/10/06/inside-the-cuban-hospitals-that-castro-doesnt-want-tourists-to-see/

https://www.nationalcenter.org/NPA557_Cuban_Health_Care.html

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/432680/myth-cuban-health-care

IWZsomc.png

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png