Treasure Island is Now Open to the Public

Jessica Rabbit

I'm curious how you calculate that? I was admittedly tired when I ran the math on my nation last night but this is what I got.

PRE-TI

Gross Income: $6,371,046.25

Bills: 1,945,450.00

Net: 4425596.25

Post TI:

Gross Income: 8537201.975

Net pre tax: 6591751.975

Tax paid to TI: 1318350.395

Net Post tax: 5273401.58

Post TI net - PRE TI Net = 847805.33

I make an additional ~850k and TI makes 1.3mil. Scale it up and if I made 1mil they would make 1.5mil at that ratio.

Now if I was basing my pre-TI income on what I take after I pay SK taxes, it would be ~3.7mil for that, netting me a gain post TI of 1.5mil. But I am not just one nation. I am part of an alliance and what I do is for the good of myself and my alliance, whose taxes go to help aid my smaller members. So if I look at just the extra money in my nation, sure I take home an additional 1.5mil and TI takes home 1.3mil. But if we consider the extra money in SK as a whole (my pre-tax current income and my post TI income, or by taking the difference of what i pay SK now and what I would pay them based on our tax rate * my post TI tax TI income) its only the 850k, and we as an alliance end up taking a fair chunk less than TI do. So any alliances who send their nations to TI at this point (excluding the original member alliances who share the bank) will, as I have said earlier, absolutely see good boost in income, but they will be giving TI an even greater boost.

So once again the question is, for those considering this proposal, is it worth it for your alliance to gain bonus income at the cost of giving TI even greater income for you joining? Maybe yes, maybe no. I think it will be a good opportunity for some and not so much for others.

your the smartest person in this game you know that? your post saved my life from stupidity

I'm curious how you calculate that? I was admittedly tired when I ran the math on my nation last night but this is what I got.

PRE-TI

Post TI:

I make an additional ~850k and TI makes 1.3mil. Scale it up and if I made 1mil they would make 1.5mil at that ratio.

Now if I was basing my pre-TI income on what I take after I pay SK taxes, it would be ~3.7mil for that, netting me a gain post TI of 1.5mil. But I am not just one nation. I am part of an alliance and what I do is for the good of myself and my alliance, whose taxes go to help aid my smaller members. So if I look at just the extra money in my nation, sure I take home an additional 1.5mil and TI takes home 1.3mil. But if we consider the extra money in SK as a whole (my pre-tax current income and my post TI income, or by taking the difference of what i pay SK now and what I would pay them based on our tax rate * my post TI tax TI income) its only the 850k, and we as an alliance end up taking a fair chunk less than TI do. So any alliances who send their nations to TI at this point (excluding the original member alliances who share the bank) will, as I have said earlier, absolutely see good boost in income, but they will be giving TI an even greater boost.

So once again the question is, for those considering this proposal, is it worth it for your alliance to gain bonus income at the cost of giving TI even greater income for you joining? Maybe yes, maybe no. I think it will be a good opportunity for some and not so much for others.

My numbers might've been based off of TEst joining with our treasures.

scSqPGJ.gif

My numbers might've been based off of TEst joining with our treasures.

Yeah that makes sense. The higher that bonus goes the more it equalizes.

Edited by Mikey

Archduke Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, Lord Paramount of the Reach, Warden of the South, Breaker of Forums.

First off, how in the hell did setting up Treasure Island cost "billions and billions" in up front costs?

Secondly, here we are........30 some odd posts after I asked my question........

"WHO THE !@#$ GETS TO KEEP THE TI BANK WHEN THIS SHIT CLOSES DOWN?"

I think this is a rather easy question to answer......unless the powers that be are trying to figure out some bullshit to try to pass off.

• Upvote 4

X4EfkAB.png

First off, how in the hell did setting up Treasure Island cost "billions and billions" in up front costs?

Secondly, here we are........30 some odd posts after I asked my question........

I think this is a rather easy question to answer......unless the powers that be are trying to figure out some bullshit to try to pass off.

1. The cost of buying said treasures from other alliances

2. I got nothing, probably tS because Jessica is evi- *zap* - an awesome angel

• Upvote 1

Thats a very good question. Id like to think its split between alliances who joined but I feel like jessica is gonna horde it. Either way 20% as a tax rate is a bit high why not go lower like 10% youll still make billions!

Goomy: *Hot Goomy is 5 miles away from you and looking to have some fun*

Guilo: O.O Click bait is sooooooo tempting

Aoi Toori: Well its Goomy, who wouldn't?

If Dillon A McCann is Ted Cruz then doesn't that make him the zodiac killer? Rip zodiac #EndofZodiac

Secondly, here we are........30 some odd posts after I asked my question........

Think of the absolutely worst thing that could be done with the money. <---- that's what we are going to do with it.

• Upvote 2

image.jpg1_zpszukhjtut.jpg

The Redneck Caliphate of Forrest's Critters

Think of it as a fee of collecting all the treasures, Jerry.  We're going to line up the drugs and alcohol once Hurricane Alex blows over and destroys the island.

(I honestly don't know, but I don't care either really.  I doubled my income take, that's all I'm wanting)

Edited by Buorhann
  • Downvote 1

We've bought several treasures from other alliances at fair prices, which means hundreds of millions paid upfront per treasure, I don't know the exact numbers but if Jess says billions it means we've invested billions.

Secondly, here we are........30 some odd posts after I asked my question........

Treasure Island is a joint project, spearheaded by Jess but impossible without significant contributions from our allies. The original constituents of TI will divide the bank up according to individual contributions to the project and alliance needs.

It could be 70% and still wouldn't equal what I hand my loyals. If you need examples just look at my trades

Look. At. You.

P.S. lmfao at everyone trying to argue with Jess, Ghux, and Ishmael on math. That shit cracks me up.

Never stop being you, Orbis community, never change.

Edited by Wilhelm the Demented

One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

Smells like a trap,but hey,money talks.

(Applies to join TI)

"If a person is satisfied with everything,then he is a complete idiot.A normal person cannot be satisfied with everything."~Vladimir Putin

"Every human being makes mistakes."~Ian Smith

We do not know what tomorrow will bring. We are not prophets. This is a step in the dark. We can only proceed into the future with faith.~Pieter Wilhelm Botha

PRE-TI

Post TI:

Yeah came to same calculus, I can't say when, but I garantee you Arrgh is gonna profit from this as well. :D

• Upvote 1

tvPWtuA.gif

They said it isn't poaching - so its not. 

Because that makes sense.

You can intentionally interpret the opportunity negatively if you want, but here's how I see it - any alliance that wants to send members over for a few weeks so that the members can earn a bunch more cash than they otherwise would is welcome to. Any individuals who aren't strongly attached to their alliance can jump to TI, earn the cash, and then figure out where they want to go when TI disbands.

As for people who want to stick with their alliance long-term, my advice is to get permission to jump and a guarantee they can return. It wouldn't be smart to leave, join TI, and then have no home to go back to once TI disbands. No one in TI who isn't affiliated with an alliance has a guaranteed slot in any of TI's main contributing alliances. 

• Upvote 1

Hi Jerry. We buy our treasures for hundreds of millions apiece depending on how many days remain before they expire. The numbers get up into the billions very quickly. When TI closes the money will be distributed to compensate those who paid up-front for the treasures.

Either way 20% as a tax rate is a bit high why not go lower like 10% you'll still make billions!

20% was our tax rate long before we decided to open TI to the public. We kept it the same because we think it's fair given how much money and effort went into creating this opportunity for everyone.

PRE-TI

Post TI:

Keep in mind the TI set-up costs have to come out of the TI share.

Otherwise your math looks good. Your relatively low expenses work against you a bit. My expenses are 2,874,615 and I only have 3 more cities than you. Why are yours so low? Oh cuz you run a farm build... that makes sense. The benefits of the island increase as your expenses increase.

You make a good point tho. For an alliance who makes it their goal to hurt us financially, even at the cost of their own growth, I can definitely understand their reluctance to collaborate with us econ-wise. For everyone else this will be a win-win and tons of free growth. And those alliances who don't like us will always be welcome to come work with us whenever they wish.

Edited by Jessica Rabbit
  • Upvote 3

Even if it's just short term it shows their true colors. From what I can tell they messaged everyone in the game. If they wanted to be sincere they could've just messaged alliance Leaders.

Agreed on the better route having been messaging alliance leaders. But with that said, good on Jessica for the clarification and apology. :) Edited by Kurdanak
xzhPlEh.png?1

tS losing money on taxes while they set up TI AA. They didn't make bank and have hella nations/bonus until a couple days past the founding. They also had to pay for treasures, etc.