Resource Stockpile Limit

Shakyr

Yes, all those poor week old players stuck at 999,999.99 food.

lik if u cri evrytim

if you don't have 999,999.99 food after a week you need to git gud.

Alex, the max needs to be documented, especially since more and more nations will easily reach that limit. digging through the forums for these kinds of things isn't good game design.

• Upvote 1

The Coalition Discord: https://discord.gg/WBzNRGK

I would agree on the need for documentation in the case of increasingly relevant instances like a resource cap. It'll save you and the players multiple headaches in the future.

Edited by Kurdanak
xzhPlEh.png?1

I love the sheer volume of whining that has come out of this thread because a SINGLE DUDE lost $1.2mil. Think about how long this game has been around, which to my understanding is like almost 3 years or something. In that time, we now has A SINGLE DUDE that has reported having an issue. "Oh man new players are going to suffer, you won't have player retention if you don't warn them about something 2 years in advance."

Do you guys flat out hate Alex, or something? The amount of whining I've seen over small issues is crazy.

• Upvote 3

I love the sheer volume of whining that has come out of this thread because a SINGLE DUDE lost $1.2mil. Think about how long this game has been around, which to my understanding is like almost 3 years or something. In that time, we now has A SINGLE DUDE that has reported having an issue. "Oh man new players are going to suffer, you won't have player retention if you don't warn them about something 2 years in advance."

Do you guys flat out hate Alex, or something? The amount of whining I've seen over small issues is crazy.

This almost would have costed me 10-20m per day if I wasn't aware 2 days or so before i would have naturally hit the cap. So this'll add up fast.

20m per day. Let that sink in for a bit.

Edited by Paul Warburg

1. It's not whining. Clearly you've never actually seen anyone whine before.

2. Since it's supposedly been on the forums before, clearly it affects more than a "SINGLE DUDE".

3. You've missed the point about new players by so much you didn't even land on the same planet.

4. Yes. We flat out hate Sheepy. For wanting him to document his game as a game developer should.

• Upvote 1

I recently sold alot of food, but here is my production. 18k of food per day will equal 18m per day assuming i didnt hold on til war time. I also have a thing called a stockpile, but you'll have some fun with this.

60dqYYS.png

Keep in mind that, during the nuclear war, I was still producing food all the way up to 90%, and I have the mass irigation project along with the some others. I will also be purchasing another project, but that's not relevant. Point being, I would have lost ALOT of money if I hadn't known before I reached the cap.

And for good measure, I didn't photoshop my revenue page. You can see for yourself. If I started at 0 food, I wold reach the cap in about 50-55 days, which, that is far from the case.

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/revenue/log/

Edited by Paul Warburg

I'm in favor of the current cap system staying but it needs to actually be written down in the game somewhere. Documentation is good. As far as increasing the cap, maybe add in a project to raise the resource cap for that nation?

I recently sold alot of food, but here is my production. 18k of food per day will equal 18m per day assuming i didnt hold on til war time. I also have a thing called a stockpile, but you'll have some fun with this.

18,000 * 100 = 1,800,000.

You would be losing at most 2mil per day in food, not 20mil.

Edited by ReaverAxis
  • Upvote 1

60dqYYS.png

Keep in mind that, during the nuclear war, I was still producing food all the way up to 90%, and I have the mass irigation project along with the some others. I will also be purchasing another project, but that's not relevant. Point being, I would have lost ALOT of money if I hadn't known before I reached the cap.

And for good measure, I didn't photoshop my revenue page. You can see for yourself. If I started at 0 food, I wold reach the cap in about 50-55 days, which, that is far from the case.

I take it back, you are not full of crap, you are terrible at math.

• Upvote 1

60dqYYS.png

Still wrong. During the latest war where everyone's food went to 0 production the highest I personally saw it go was 340 or so each?

That's what, 6mil a day. Big deal. 6mil is spare change. Also, absolutely anyone that has read this thread can no longer use it as an excuse. And yeah, none of you have changed the wiki yet even though you all seem so adamant that this is a big deal. What gives?

Still wrong. During the latest war where everyone's food went to 0 production the highest I personally saw it go was 340 or so each?

That's what, 6mil a day. Big deal. 6mil is spare change. Also, absolutely anyone that has read this thread can no longer use it as an excuse. And yeah, none of you have changed the wiki yet even though you all seem so adamant that this is a big deal. What gives?

I have sold about 400k of food at 106ppu...From what you said you saw the price go to 340...Which is only only 6m? I don't believe your math i correct. Especially if I'm already making 20m from food per day...106/340=more than 300%. 20*3=60m Under those circumstances, I'd be making 60m for everyday that I was stockpiling....It's definately more than that 6m. If you need so see further math, you shouldn't need me. Punch in 20,000 into a calculater, than times it by 106.

20000*106=2,120,000

20000*340=6,800,000

Even though my orginal estimates were far off(I admit it) on a per day biases, the differences is 4.7m per day. Unfortunately, I am not able to sell at war time prices until war happens. In orbis, there is a war every what, 3-4 months? I am still losing substancial amount of money over time since I now have to sell at lower prices (421,200,000-561,600,000 per 3-4 months, still not chump change, confirmed with a calculator) If you have 421m, in 3 months, please send it over, if not, than understand that is the amount some players are losing in a relatively short time period compared to their nations age.

And to remind you, I have to sell food, or I will me losing even MORE money. How much money do you want? I'd take a wild guess you'd also want more, just like myself.

Edited by Paul Warburg

I have sold about 400k of food at 106ppu...From what you said you saw the price go to 340...Which is only only 6m? I don't believe your math i correct. Especially if I'm already making 20m from food per day...106/340=more than 300%. 20*3=60m Under those circumstances, I'd be making 60m for everyday that I was stockpiling....It's definately more than that 6m. If you need so see further math, you shouldn't need me. Punch in 20,000 into a calculater, than times it by 106.

20000*106=2,120,000

20000*340=6,800,000

Even though my orginal estimates were far off(I admit it) on a per day biases, the differences is 4.7m per day. Unfortunately, I am not able to sell at war time prices until war happens. In orbis, there is a war every what, 3-4 months? I am still losing substancial amount of money over time since I now have to sell at lower prices (421,200,000-561,600,000 per 3-4 months, still not chump change, confirmed with a calculator) If you have 421m, in 3 months, please send it over, if not, than understand that is the amount some players are losing in a relatively short time period compared to their nations age.

And to remind you, I have to sell food, or I will me losing even MORE money. How much money do you want? I'd take a wild guess you'd also want more, just like myself.

Thing is, you aren't LOSING any money. Because you do have opportunities to sell food when it's more expensive during war, does not mean the game has to bend to your will so that you can do so. There are times when you make more money, and times when you make less money. Welcome to economics. Because there are times when you can sell food for prices such as 340 each, does not mean you are losing money because times exist when you don't get as much. Many companies operate on small profit margins during certain times of year (end of financial year etc) and take advantage of certain times of year to turn huge profits. In your case, this is war. Yes, there is a limit to how much food you can store, and you've hit the limit, this is the price you pay for receiving 340 each for your food. Yes, this CAN be solved by increasing the limit. Alex has already said he is looking into it. But once again, you aren't entitled to receive 340 each for your food. It's that simple. Are you going to come and whine if Alex implements a feature that makes food not so scarce during war times and food only goes up to 200 each instead of 340? Simply because it doesn't benefit YOU?

Edited by Mageofpie

I'm for my terrible math in my first post. I am rounding the 1.8m to 2m to make life easier. In my first post, there was a lot of stuff going on, and my math was affect (sorry no calculator was near). My more thorough post uses a calculator, and even if you replace 340, to something more reasonable for war prices for let's say 200, that's still ALOT of cash I'd be losing. I'm not losing money due to my own stupidly, but rather due to an in game mechanic(one that was never official announced albiet). Within several months, the amount of players who are capable of making this much food will grow exponentially. That means more players will lose more money due to a mechanic in which they may not have known about. Despite this thread gathering this much info, not everyone is capable of searching the forums thoroughly when it should be documented.

As for the economics part, well, this definately affects it. In peace time, prices are higher than what they would be if there was less influence by this cap.(less supply on market) but In war time, it would  be reasonable to expect that prices would be somewhere less than what the orbis past has told us (more supply, same demand)

Unfortunately, there is no concrete data for me to prove this. I can only assume that this logic is basic enough.

Clearly, I'm not trying to change certain rules for my own benefit. If I were to, then I would have started my own topic before I neared the cap the first time. Its safe to say if there are 3 people who have been negatively affected, then there are more unreported cases, this basic concept applies to real life, and just about everything there is in life.

If war was a bit more frequent, then this would still be a non-issue. But I shouldn't be able to cap my food and then some. I also shouldn't be FORCED to work with my alliance to store excess food. (may create a war under certain curcumstances). As you can see, I'm not strictly running my nation just for food. If I were, like a certain nation I know, then I would suck it up, and realize that's a consequence of my choice on city built. I'm also not demanding immediate, game changing actions. I would like for Sheepy to make a note of it under the change log, and start investigating some potentially better options for where the game is about to be. 

Alright. I feel like all the points that have been made on both sides have been made. Its up to sheepy's hands now.

Resource caps are now 9,999,999.99 for all resources.

Thank you.

Back to what I said earlier though, could we please have some checks and balances on those limits? It's not as urgent with the increased limits, but is still something that should be done, IMO.

in the time you guys have spent complaining about this, you could have gone onto the wiki and added it and mission accomplished.

Added. But having it in the wiki would not properly solve the issue, compared to actually having the resource limit properly integrated into the game.

I will agree that being on the wiki means more people may know about it (if they bother to read the wiki) and with Sheepy's announcement ingame, everyone currently playing will know about the limit. But that does not solve it for all new players, nor does it solve the issue of resources being lost when you reach the limit.

sig_cybernations.PNG.8d49a01423f488a0f1b846927f5acc7e.PNG

• Administrators

Thank you.

Back to what I said earlier though, could we please have some checks and balances on those limits? It's not as urgent with the increased limits, but is still something that should be done, IMO.

Added. But having it in the wiki would not properly solve the issue, compared to actually having the resource limit properly integrated into the game.

I will agree that being on the wiki means more people may know about it (if they bother to read the wiki) and with Sheepy's announcement ingame, everyone currently playing will know about the limit. But that does not solve it for all new players, nor does it solve the issue of resources being lost when you reach the limit.

Theoretically, no one should hit the new limit. If they do, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Theoretically, no one should hit the new limit. If they do, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Not really, it'll just take a while. At my current rate, I'll cap out for Food again in about 2.5 years. Paul Warburg, going by the figures on his post, will cap out in 1.3 years.

I guess you'll just have to bank on regular wars inflating Food prices, as I (and probably a few others) will likely be dumping Food on the market, once it hits 300/400 ppu again.

But I'm also tempted to buy Food and supplement my stockpile that way. I could easily add another 20k Food daily, just by purchasing it off the market. That would bring me down to about 10 months. Less, if I continue buying cities and infra, which would increase my monetary and Food incomes.

So I guess I'll be posting something in around 9-10 months then.

sig_cybernations.PNG.8d49a01423f488a0f1b846927f5acc7e.PNG

Not really, it'll just take a while. At my current rate, I'll cap out for Food again in about 2.5 years. Paul Warburg, going by the figures on his post, will cap out in 1.3 years.

I guess you'll just have to bank on regular wars inflating Food prices, as I (and probably a few others) will likely be dumping Food on the market, once it hits 300/400 ppu again.

But I'm also tempted to buy Food and supplement my stockpile that way. I could easily add another 20k Food daily, just by purchasing it off the market. That would bring me down to about 10 months. Less, if I continue buying cities and infra, which would increase my monetary and Food incomes.

So I guess I'll be posting something in around 9-10 months then.

Guess we'll have to revolve the game around you, then...

• Upvote 1

Kudos for Shakyr for bringing this to everyone's attention. It would have affected more people as the game continues to grow. There really wasn't a reason not to have officially posted the rule in the changelog before. Alex does an excellent job here, but this is an example of a player bringing to his attention the need clarify an issue. Why some people here feel the need to chastise someone for bringing this issue to the attention of others (especially Alex) to be clarified through an official announcement doesn't make much sense. The only "whining" being done here is those who somehow believe Shakyr is being a "meanie" to Alex and missing the original point that was made. Now there has been an official announcement and everyone should be on the same page.

• Upvote 1

Elder and Minister of Finance for The Coalition