Guardians of Scotland looking for friends!!!!

Scottish Highlands

I am proud to announce that the Guardians of Scotland will be looking for allies in ways such as, MDoaP's, Protectorates and more! Reply here or message me to learn more!

I am warm and fuzzy. I also like nice walks in the park, picnics, holding hands and late at night I like to roll around in a vat filled with Jello and Shredded Wheat!

• Upvote 1

I am warm and fuzzy. I also like nice walks in the park, picnics, holding hands and late at night I like to roll around in a vat filled with Jello and Shredded Wheat!

Sounds like my kind of person.

Hi. I am Jroc.

• Upvote 1

php882dgiAM.jpg.9136a0a695ba680a032e6cfd5880ece4.jpg

Hate to say it but you aren't making a huge amount of friends with all these threads. I think others here are right that it might be beneficial to reach out to people privately, in-game or on discord, to start establishing relations. Personally I'm happy to see some smaller alliances get more involved and start being active in the broader game community. There are a lot of active players out there, many of whom never really show their faces, which is a shame as I think we're all better off the more people get involved. My recommendation is to tone down the threads a little bit (maybe post a few in the Orbis central as some of these aren't really major alliance announcements), watch the forums for a bit and see the general norms of posting, and keep at it! It can be a bit confusing at first figuring out what does and doesn't fly here for community accepted behavior, and us grizzled veterans of the OWF shitposts aren't always the patient types to deal with :P

Edited by Mikey
  • Upvote 1

Archduke Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, Lord Paramount of the Reach, Warden of the South, Breaker of Forums.

Maybe theyve already tried contacting other alliances? See the bigger picture you fools and stop assuming things. When small alliances need allies they do this. Mainly because its the last thing they can do.

Goomy: *Hot Goomy is 5 miles away from you and looking to have some fun*

Guilo: O.O Click bait is sooooooo tempting

Aoi Toori: Well its Goomy, who wouldn't?

If Dillon A McCann is Ted Cruz then doesn't that make him the zodiac killer? Rip zodiac #EndofZodiac

Maybe theyve already tried contacting other alliances? See the bigger picture you fools and stop assuming things. When small alliances need allies they do this. Mainly because its the last thing they can do.

I disagree.

When Terminus Est was only 13 people we never asked for allies. If an alliance as small as 13 people who never asks for treaties can survive, fight off raiders and keep a full military and still grow, this stuff is not necessary nor is it the last effort.

Cordial relations is the right thing to do, not embargoing because you happen to be the brunt of a cheap joke I threw out there out of fun.

• Upvote 4

Would you ally some alliance you've never heard of, who's members you don't know, because they publicly put out a request for allies? I know I wouldn't. I am always willing to work with people and talk, but I and I'd bet most others don't just hand out treaties. Whether as representation of deep or longstanding friendship, or as a practical tool to achieve your in-game goals, you need to know the people on the other end for a treaty to work. Otherwise there's no telling what you end up tied to or what they might drag you into or at least how it will reflect back upon you. Rightly or wrongly these kinds of threads often draw negative attention, which then further reduces any desire for larger alliances to tie their reputations to the micro in question. People also generally don't like handling their FA in public, especially sensitive subjects like treaty discussions.

It is true that we as a community often have little time for new members who violate established posting and behavioral norms, however unfair that me be given the limited time a new alliance may have had to learn them (or to even think that certain otherwise mundane topics or threads are somewhat taboo). But the advice tendered by many here, phrased however impolitely, isn't wrong. The Guardians have attracted perhaps undue negative attention over this, which may necessitate waiting a little bit before reaching out again. But I do believe they will have better luck (and hope that they have good luck) reaching out privately to leaders of various alliances, explaining that they are new and looking to get more involved in the community and start establishing relations. Some alliances will ignore or reject it, some, like SK, may offer guidance and limited tangible agreements, and others may even agree to a full on protectorate, who knows. But they are unlikely to achieve that here.

Edited by Mikey
  • Upvote 1

Archduke Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, Lord Paramount of the Reach, Warden of the South, Breaker of Forums.

I disagree.

When Terminus Est was only 13 people we never asked for allies. If an alliance as small as 13 people who never asks for treaties can survive, fight off raiders and keep a full military and still grow, this stuff is not necessary nor is it the last effort.

Cordial relations is the right thing to do, not embargoing because you happen to be the brunt of a cheap joke I threw out there out of fun.

A valid point but when your alliance requires 14 cities or so you kinda dont have to worry about much. And even so they are a very small alliance doing so alone is quite hard. But being "neutral" or in the middle can be beneficial I suppose.

Would you ally some alliance you've never heard of, who's members you don't know, because they publicly put out a request for allies? I know I wouldn't. I am always willing to work with people and talk, but I and I'd bet most others don't just hand out treaties. Whether as representation of deep or longstanding friendship, or as a practical tool to achieve your in-game goals, you need to know the people on the other end for a treaty to work. Otherwise there's no telling what you end up tied to or what they might drag you into or at least how it will reflect back upon you. Rightly or wrongly these kinds of threads often draw negative attention, which then further reduces any desire for larger alliances to tie their reputations to the micro in question. People also generally don't like handling their FA in public, especially sensitive subjects like treaty discussions.

It is true that we as a community often have little time for new members who violate established posting and behavioral norms, however unfair that me be given the limited time a new alliance may have had to learn them (or to even think that certain otherwise mundane topics or threads are somewhat taboo). But the advice tendered by many here, phrased however impolitely, isn't wrong. The Guardians have attracted perhaps undue negative attention over this, which may necessitate waiting a little bit before reaching out again. But I do believe they will have better luck (and hope that they have good luck) reaching out privately to leaders of various alliances, explaining that they are new and looking to get more involved in the community and start establishing relations. Some alliances will ignore or reject it, some, like SK, may offer guidance and limited tangible agreements, and others may even agree to a full on protectorate, who knows. But they are unlikely to achieve that here.

You didnt need to explain all of that to me. But whos to say you cant get to know them well enough. Its not like they are asking for treaties right off the bat. Just trying to ask other alliances for a possible partnership. Not immediately but after talking to one another both sides might agree to help each other.

If Dillon A McCann is Ted Cruz then doesn't that make him the zodiac killer? Rip zodiac #EndofZodiac

After looking at some of your nations, how old they are and how many cities they have. You guys should just disband and try and join some good alliances that will teach you how to play the game because you guys really suck at it.

After looking at some of your nations, how old they are and how many cities they have. You guys should just disband and try and join some good alliances that will teach you how to play the game because you guys really suck at it.

That's kinda rude lol, but am I thinking the same??

--The Zeus of P&W.The Zeus of NPO.--

2lm3rjs.jpg

That's kinda rude lol, but am I thinking the same??

Dont wanna be "Rude" bud but you kinda have no room to talk given your size and age.