(test server) sheepy pls

Beowulf the Second

Your latest test server update has bugs everywhere, and really it's screwed me completely over. Never mind all the text issues, look at what your new combat system has in store.

sheepypls1.png

sheepypls2.png

sheepypls3.png

1) A single missile dropped my resistance to 0 and won my opponent the war.

2) The loot he received included 100% of my gas, 100% of my steel, 100% of my money, ~50% of my munitions, and ~33% of my alum.

3) Because he received 100% of my money, all my cities were depowered, including my commerce. This turned my income negative and compounded the problem.

4) I now have to reformat all my cities, and/or demilitarize everything and bring it back again, but I can't afford to do that all before my beige time is up because I have no resources or money. Thus, I will continue to get rolled in the same manner.

5) What the fk man seriously, please roll this back

01:58:39 <BeowulftheSecond> Belisarius of The Byzantine Empire has sent your nation $0.00, 0.00 food, 0.00 coal, 0.00 oil, 0.00 uranium, 0.00 lead, 0.00 iron, 0.00 bauxite, 0.00 gasoline, 0.00 munitions, 1,000.00 steel, and 0.00 aluminum from the alliance bank of Rose.
01:58:46 <BeowulftheSecond> someone please explain 
01:59:12 <%Belisarius> sleep deprivatin is a &#33;@#&#036; @_@
01:59:14 â€” %Belisarius shrugs
01:59:18 <BeowulftheSecond> we're at WAR. WE ARE BURNING EACH OTHER'S PIXELS

All I want to know is: what's the reason behind the resistance mechanic? Is it something you're intent on adding?

It seems like it's designed to force winners to quickly put losers into beige instead of sitting on them until the war expires, giving them some respite and a chance to rebuild. But loot is also being doubled (and applies to all resources?), making beige hurt a lot more than before. It seems like the net effect would be wars taking longer and a lot of bank transfers and bank hiding. 

• Upvote 1

I mean, it is a test server for a reason. At least this was discovered and reported before it made it to the live server.

• Upvote 4

[22:37:51] <&Yosodog> Problem is, everyone is too busy deciding which top gun character they are that no decision has been made

BK in a nutshell

• Administrators

I mean, it is a test server for a reason. At least this was discovered and reported before it made it to the live server.

Exactly - this is the entire purpose of the test server. It's not for playing, it's for testing, as I've re-iterated 1000 times.

I will look at and fix the bugs. I haven't added the Fortify option yet. Thank you for reporting the bugs so I can get to them quicker.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Exactly - this is the entire purpose of the test server. It's not for playing, it's for testing, as I've re-iterated 1000 times.

I agree; I like testing the stuff that comes out, that's why I'm on the server. Keep in mind that these bugs are preventing me from testing any of the new mechanics, which is why I'm frustrated  :wacko: I had just obtained the advantage and now I really will get perma-rolled by this NPO guy and his single missile/nuke

I dunno if you mind restoring resources, but it'll take me quite a while to get back on my two feet after having 75% of my manufactureds raided by one missile. I'll go into VM for a bit until this clears up

01:58:39 <BeowulftheSecond> Belisarius of The Byzantine Empire has sent your nation $0.00, 0.00 food, 0.00 coal, 0.00 oil, 0.00 uranium, 0.00 lead, 0.00 iron, 0.00 bauxite, 0.00 gasoline, 0.00 munitions, 1,000.00 steel, and 0.00 aluminum from the alliance bank of Rose.

• Administrators

I agree; I like testing the stuff that comes out, that's why I'm on the server. Keep in mind that these bugs are preventing me from testing any of the new mechanics, which is why I'm frustrated  :wacko: I had just obtained the advantage and now I really will get perma-rolled by this NPO guy and his single missile/nuke

I dunno if you mind restoring resources, but it'll take me quite a while to get back on my two feet after having 75% of my manufactureds raided by one missile. I'll go into VM for a bit until this clears up

I gave your nation $1,000,000,000. I think that should suffice.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I had 2 wars that were ended by nukes from the losing side. Was that intentional? Should a nuke zero out an opponents resistance? What would stop a nation from using exclusively nukes to ward off attackers? With the reduced ground attack loot, one could suffer minimal loses if they had zero military and a nuke stockpile.

I think it could be a nifty system when fully fleshed out, but I'm not sure how well a change on this scale to the war system would be received if implemented in the main game. I do like the visual it adds to wars. It would be cool to see resistance levels next to each war when viewing a nation's or alliance's war activity page.

It might be time for a Test Server subforum.

• Administrators

I had 2 wars that were ended by nukes from the losing side. Was that intentional? Should a nuke zero out an opponents resistance? What would stop a nation from using exclusively nukes to ward off attackers? With the reduced ground attack loot, one could suffer minimal loses if they had zero military and a nuke stockpile.

I think it could be a nifty system when fully fleshed out, but I'm not sure how well a change on this scale to the war system would be received if implemented in the main game. I do like the visual it adds to wars. It would be cool to see resistance levels next to each war when viewing a nation's or alliance's war activity page.

It might be time for a Test Server subforum.

No, that was a bug. Nuclear weapons are intended to reduce resistance by 25 (says so on the Nuclear Attack page.) Just an issue with Missiles and Nukes that caused it to set enemy resistance to 0.

Ground attack was not reduced - only casualties were.

Forums Rules | Game Link

Ive also had a very similar problem just recently happen except he failed his first and only attack an airstrike. It gave him 75% of all my stuff besides my food which was like 25%. And this isnt exactly the best place to say this but we need a tournament server of P&W I love the idea and I would pay to see it be possible!

Goomy: *Hot Goomy is 5 miles away from you and looking to have some fun*

Guilo: O.O Click bait is sooooooo tempting

Aoi Toori: Well its Goomy, who wouldn't?

If Dillon A McCann is Ted Cruz then doesn't that make him the zodiac killer? Rip zodiac #EndofZodiac

I gave your nation $1,000,000,000. I think that should suffice.

Thanks, that's way more than I was hoping for. I'll buy back up to where I was and then spend the rest on land or something

You need some tweek into the mechanics.

I did an airstrike and won the war as resistance dropped to 0.

Describe somewhere as how each war tactic affects the resistance for people to test it in a better way.

Put some resource and money to my account as I can not test anything with everything looted with one strike.

Dear Alex/Sheepy

1) "of has defeated you in war. You have forfeited $15,769,973, 59 Coal, 381 Oil, 8 Iron, 1,566 Bauxite, 0 Lead, 6,973 Gasoline, 1,169 Munitions, 3,274 Steel, 2,623 Aluminum, and 60,294 Food in exchange for peace. Your national color has been changed to Beige." yet the war is ended by only 1 naval attacks. and some of my resources are depleted unfairly.

2) Due to the (unfinished war) defeated raid, I lost the money to pay the nation electricity... the bank refuse to get withdrawed bcos of  negative no.of resources in the alliance bank....my nation is starving.

PLEASE HELP

Edited by Arthur James

Yeah Ill have what beowulf the second is having I need as much as possible for testing purposes only.

Goomy: *Hot Goomy is 5 miles away from you and looking to have some fun*

Guilo: O.O Click bait is sooooooo tempting

Aoi Toori: Well its Goomy, who wouldn't?

If Dillon A McCann is Ted Cruz then doesn't that make him the zodiac killer? Rip zodiac #EndofZodiac

guys hes well aware of this issue. perhaps you shouldn't make too much of an emotional investment in a test version of the game. reporting the same bug over and over is not entirely helpful especially if the motivation is to preserve the wellbeing of your test nation

• Upvote 1

Your entire alliance is called Test, so surely you should understand that test is better than live (despite the bugs). It gets all the newest features, even the ones that don't make it to live and is continually updated to keep it fresh with new mechanics, bugs and exploits, and wiped every so often to prevent things from staying broken. 

Anyway, on test the revenue bug when you are on grey and alliance less is back. Not sure if it is alliance less as well which causes it, but I'm grey. Didn't happen when I was on a colour/beiged in an alliance. Left the alliance to hit some NPO peeps and bankruptcy quickly occurred.

The point is that the mechanics which sheepy wants us to test is broken and is UNTESTABLE until he fixes that over in the test server.

Due to the current mechanics everyone is just doing Naval Attacks to loot and Beige their opponents, rather than testing it.

The ones that are beiged are rendered incompetent to get back in the game and test anything as they have no money left.

I would suggest reboot all money and resources in all nations, give them some amount of money and resource and let everyone test out the mechanics again.

This way there will be no hoarding but only testing.

• Upvote 1

Posting this here rather than in a new thread to save on clutter - it's along similar lines to what's been mentioned previously too I guess. Don't think this has yet been reported though correct me if I'm wrong...

So from 1 attacking war experience where the only attacks made where ground battles (using soldiers only), after the opponent's resistance was reduced to 0, most of the bank loot seemed to be in negative numbers:

37182d2930774e9eb05f7ad70563b60e.png

Changing pages a few minutes later showed these numbers (negative ones only) resetting to 0:

271e6940c76149c2a429a44e73bceb75.png

Not entirely sure what that was about, my only guess was that that was what was in hi's alliance's bank, but anyway, looks like an issue.

Edited by James XVI

THE Definitive James:

KastorCultist, Co-leading Roz Wei Empyrea The Wei, former TGH warrior, Assassin, and a few more. Player of this game for more time than I want to think about...

infernalsig.png.492fbaaf465234c6d9cf76f12f038d04.png

Yes to what Magnanimus suggested. What we usually start with in test server is not enough to simulate a battle, so it usually rests on the players to develop their nation for a while and then test it. In this case, it totally sucks when someone just exploits the bug and makes the resources go negative.

In addition to reset, it'll be great if we start with a specific scenario, say some infra in cities and some military buildings, each player gets some random nation, so that we can just stick into testing the war mechanics alone, faster.

Specific scenario includes, nations with different city counts, different infra and infra/city (since infra also affects our military cap in test server) etc.., For ease of implementation, when a new player creates an account in test server, it randomly copies any active nation (within a particular score range) and assigns for that player. Just a suggestion, please consider it if it's feasible.

• Administrators

I think I've discovered what was causing the looting errors and have it fixed up.

Forums Rules | Game Link

So the $500 billion in some nation's pockets is going to be removed, changed, or everyone given a few billion to mess around with 10,000+ infra cities?

Edited by Placentica

there is a soldier bug - i am able to sell enough barracks so that i can support less than what i currently enlist. is plane damage casualties correct as well? i just had an attack of 1300 on 900 and i believe i incurred 0 losses in an immense