A very simple new feature for war, diplomacy and realist expansion for alliances.

Rocken

Hello, I am gamer that likes strategy, and I believe that this game has a great potential, but researching about the wars among the alliances I found a broken system, I would like your attention to propose a system that would make a world based on pragmatic and natural cooperation to reach objectives.

I don't want to discuss or criticize anyone, but the experienced players are just enjoying the status quo, one of the reasons of this problem it's the lack of benefits making great wars and the alliances that grow based only on bureacratic work, and the system of treasures of the alliances should not give a percentage bonus to everyone, if "Treasure Islands" had 1000 members, all of them 1000 member would get the 30% bonus, this is very wrong.

Ok, now I will explain my system...

INTRO: The real world wars are based on independents players that have a great number of interests, these interests are not choosen by them, they are natural and sometimes vital, so, they can't always choose who will be they possible partners to pursue their objectives.

THE SYSTEM: To understand my idea you need to think that every alliance(the game alliance) it's like a uncentralized feudal state, that exploit taxes and manpower from some region, and then pay to the warlords of the realm, they recruit and control the army, the warlords are the nations in PW.

Every fraction that the alliance/state controls can be called "provinces", every province will give a amount of money or others resources to the alliance, just for illustration, every province could give one billion per day, if the alliance has 15 provinces, they will get 15 billion per day, this quantity of money has to be distribute to every member proportionally to score/infra/population.

Just to illustrate I created a possible distribution of provinces based on score of the current alliances, every alliance that has more than 15000 score gets at least one, this can be changed obviously.

Gd4B9L.png

And, of course, in order to create conflicts, we need borders to make alliances forced on a limited number of paths, alliances and nations will still be able to attack all, but the conquest of provinces, essential for the growth of the alliance, will necessarily be against a neighbor, a simultaneous attack of various alliances against a common enemy will be possible.

Look the map below, in that scenario, The Knights Radiant and Pantheon don't share a border, and they both fear the power of Treasure Islands, so, they will maybe make a pact to attack at the same time, but look at Cornerstone or one of the small alliances around TKR, they will maybe want to attack TKR when they are involved in a war, could be the opportunity.

j1EVZb.png

Edited by Rocken
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

MY ADDITIONAL COMMENTS (feel free to give your suggestions): 

• If you have 10% of the score in an alliance with 10 provinces, you will receive 1 billion (just for illustration), if you join an alliance with 20 provinces, and you also have 10% of the score, you will receive 2 billions, this is why an alliance expanding through military competence and organization will grow and atract more members.
  • Lazy or inactive members of your alliance will take a share of what you are working to conquer, you will want to be part of an alliance where everyone participate,
  • If you are in a small alliance, you can receive the same amount or even more money.
  • A small alliance will still can be a protectorate of a bigger alliance, because will be vital that the friendly alliances also grow, even in a distant border.

• Recently conquered provinces will be "occupied", giving only 25-50% of the resources, if they stay within the alliance for 2-3 weeks, they become a core province, and they will generate 100%.
  • Every war that aim to take a province will be an in-game declared war, they will fight for just one province each war, to finish the conquest, it's necessary set victory conditions, and then a cease fire that will avoid a new attack in the next 1-2 weeks.
  • One alliance can fight for more than one province simultaneous, but not against the same enemy.
Edited by Rocken
  • Upvote 2

First of all...I am ridiculously impressed with the amount of work that you put into this. Great illustrations and everything.

However, I think parts of this would be very hard to implement. First, the amount of money paid is excessive, but that can always be adjusted. The real issue is that all treaties would essentially have to be dissolved for all the conquering to start happening.

I see potential in this. Maybe not in PnW, but maybe as a game of its own.

• Upvote 5

Sounds great,but it's near impossible to implement

• Upvote 1

"If a person is satisfied with everything,then he is a complete idiot.A normal person cannot be satisfied with everything."~Vladimir Putin

"Every human being makes mistakes."~Ian Smith

We do not know what tomorrow will bring. We are not prophets. This is a step in the dark. We can only proceed into the future with faith.~Pieter Wilhelm Botha

That's a pretty inflexible and clunky system. What happens when people leave alliances? Is it possible to attack alliances that aren't adjacent to your own on the hex map? What about unaligned nations? Do you foresee a "snowball" effect in which an alliance gains local superiority and exploits the pseudo-geographic nature of system to confront rivals one at a time rather than in groups?

To echo hidude, though, that was a lot of effort you put into it. The lack of a good in-game simulation or abstraction of geography has always bothered me, but color spheres are the most natural mechanic to expand upon when remedying this in my opinion.

• Upvote 2

First of all...I am ridiculously impressed with the amount of work that you put into this. Great illustrations and everything.

However, I think parts of this would be very hard to implement. First, the amount of money paid is excessive, but that can always be adjusted. The real issue is that all treaties would essentially have to be dissolved for all the conquering to start happening.

I see potential in this. Maybe not in PnW, but maybe as a game of its own.

Thank you for the comment, 1 Billion is too much, I said a random value, but today I did some math and I believe that should be 8-9 Miillions per day, this would be almost the same amont that Treasure Island receives for the treasuries.

And about the difficulty to implement that you and Alexander talked about. I don't know exactly what you mean,

About the treaties that exists, they would be preserved, the raids and the free for all attacks would still happen, and every alliance would have a great numer of borders, and we can also make a system against agressive expansion, so, it's possible to have a treaty even with your neighbor, maybe would be suicide become enemy of all your neighbors.

That's a pretty inflexible and clunky system. What happens when people leave alliances? Is it possible to attack alliances that aren't adjacent to your own on the hex map? What about unaligned nations? Do you foresee a "snowball" effect in which an alliance gains local superiority and exploits the pseudo-geographic nature of system to confront rivals one at a time rather than in groups?

To echo hidude, though, that was a lot of effort you put into it. The lack of a good in-game simulation or abstraction of geography has always bothered me, but color spheres are the most natural mechanic to expand upon when remedying this in my opinion.

Thank you for the comment.

• The map it's just an initial configuration, people leaving an alliance would make the members that left receive more money, the number of provinces doesn't change without "war for province", and non-members would like to join this specific alliance that has people leaving, because will pay more.
  • Unaligned nations could, in a reasonable frequency limit, claim a province, or if they want, they don't need to participate in the wars for territorry, they can just raid or punish who raids them.
  • You still can attack everyone in the game, only the war to claim province would be against a neighbor and has to be implemented in the game, regional hegemoney should be avoid with military support from great powers and cooperation, or with the "economic space" system explained below.
  • About sphere, I like that, just like in "Victoria 2", there is great powers that can make a "economic space", the size of the economic space can add a percentage to the money received by the alliance, only the top 4,5 or 6 alliance can have a economic space, a great power doesn't need to attack everyone around to became more powerfull.

• 1 year later...

dam, this was a long ass time 

Tresure island, dam............ been years

anyways i think the syste could be fior antoher game like PW2, but PW is too geographicly inorrect. i can ivade a nation form africa when i am in australia, i can blockade a nation in the middle of mongolia fomr my nation in bolivia

but great work, an dthis made my day, back in 2016

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, Mohammad.badawy4 said:

dam, this was a long ass time 

Tresure island, dam............ been years

anyways i think the syste could be fior antoher game like PW2, but PW is too geographicly inorrect. i can ivade a nation form africa when i am in australia, i can blockade a nation in the middle of mongolia fomr my nation in bolivia

but great work, an dthis made my day, back in 2016

exactly

imo this idea makes no sense in p&w, but it sounds like a cool concept for a new browser based politic mmo