Independent Journalism Recommendations

Chickensguys

"Dishonest" means twisting the words of others and knowingly taking them out of context, both of which you are guilty of.  Do you expect me to pat you on the back for being a slimy, deceiving snake?  I didn't belittle or "depreciate" you because you did that to yourself when you made the decision to willingly lack any honesty or courtesy.  

If someone is spit in the face and attacked with a knife before beating the life out of the assailant, is he as guilty of assault as someone who attacked another because they happened to disagree with them(see Trump supporters getting beaten up by "tolerant" Progressives)?  I think not and so I have no problem responding with viciousness when others engage in character attacks and dishonest slander.  Between [1]the man who watches his loved ones slaughtered before him and with cold hate, kills those responsible and [2]the man who watches them die, while declaring forgiveness of those murderers, which one can be considered more insane.  Can the first even be blamed for doing what any sane man would?  I don't think so.  

In other words, I won't bend over and I will call you out when you prove yourself a coward and a weasel as I have for anyone who has shown such despicable behavior.            

And I have no time for someone who doesn't see the blatant and obvious hipocrisy in what you've been saying over and over. You call me a slimy, deceiving snake and then you go on to say that you don't belittle or depreciate people. Literally anyone can see the inherent hipocrisy in that, anyone except you it would seem. I will admit, I have lacked courtesy because I don't think you deserve it but I have been honest. It's just easier for you to engage in a self defense mechanism of denial, depreciation and slander to than admit that you have been mistaken and that you are flawed, something I have no qualms about doing. I don't need to twist your words because you already make yourself look bad enough all on your own. You are the one with that need.

But please, do call me out when I have proven myself to be a coward (which I assume you will be the completely impartial judge of) and do continue to call my behaviour despicable when your own behaviour is just as bad, if not worse. It's a really effective argument, I promise.

orwell_s_1984_oceania_s_currency_by_dungsc127_d97k1zt-fullview.jpg.9994c8f495b96849443aa0defa8730be.jpg

lol, you assume immediately that the gif was directed at you and not still at Chickensguys. You do contribute (whether those contributions are sensical or not is another question :P). I can't actually be bothered to debate here, it's pointless and I get no real appeal from it. I just that I know you must be feeling lonely without LordRahl2 pressing your buttons so efficiently, someone's got to make sure they aren't completely stuck. :D

Considering it was in a response to me how am I supposed to distinguish it is for Chikenguys instead of me? As for the rest no one pushes the Roz's buttons, LordRahl2's efforts increased the amount of stuff being posted in the Trump thread yes, but my volume was already overwhelming to begin with.

Gifs are love, gifs are life. I'm simply offended that you suggest I censor my beliefs and lifestyle.

Its as he says. You hide behind your "busyness" and such to avoid actually standing your ground on anything. If too scared to get into the trench with the rest of us then just don't bother as he says yes.

And I have no time for someone who doesn't see the blatant and obvious hipocrisy in what you've been saying over and over. You call me a slimy, deceiving snake and then you go on to say that you don't belittle or depreciate people. Literally anyone can see the inherent hipocrisy in that, anyone except you it would seem. I will admit, I have lacked courtesy because I don't think you deserve it but I have been honest. It's just easier for you to engage in a self defense mechanism of denial, depreciation and slander to than admit that you have been mistaken and that you are flawed, something I have no qualms about doing. I don't need to twist your words because you already make yourself look bad enough all on your own. You are the one with that need.

But please, do call me out when I have proven myself to be a coward (which I assume you will be the completely impartial judge of) and do continue to call my behaviour despicable when your own behaviour is just as bad, if not worse. It's a really effective argument, I promise.

I'll explain it to you. When he refers to you as a snake he is talking directly about you. In the case of what Avruch said however it is something that hits everyone in a group without distinction. 

I'll explain it to you. When he refers to you as a snake he is talking directly about you. In the case of what Avruch said however it is something that hits everyone in a group without distinction. 

And this distinction matters? Whether towards a group or a single individual, he still belittles people.

orwell_s_1984_oceania_s_currency_by_dungsc127_d97k1zt-fullview.jpg.9994c8f495b96849443aa0defa8730be.jpg

And this distinction matters? Whether towards a group or a single individual, he still belittles people.

Its an important distinction yes. In this case not all Trump supporters (and in other ugly cases I've seen "white people" as not even women are safe now) are this ugly caricature of "stupid racist sexists". Attacking them as such doesn't make the common decent people who supported Trump go, "Oh crap they are indeed as they say, I better withdraw my support". Instead they see it as, "They attack me like that... who is to say those like Trump, Bannon, and so forth aren't also being smeared like I am being by these clearly very hateful people? I'll hold firm". The common decent people may well shut up and not say anything due to these sort of attacks which going beyond this forum were all over the media and social media, but come election day they turned up for Trump as we saw and I correctly predicted (which is why I was saying Rahl2's polls were irrelevant). 

Him attacking you on your own is by comparison nothing. Like a Trump supporter who is a racist sexist, which if you hit them on their own then thats fine as long as you know, you're hitting them on that on their own "merits" and not just their affiliation.

Its an important distinction yes. In this case not all Trump supporters (and in other ugly cases I've seen "white people" as not even women are safe now) are this ugly caricature of "stupid racist sexists". Attacking them as such doesn't make the common decent people who supported Trump go, "Oh crap they are indeed as they say, I better withdraw my support". Instead they see it as, "They attack me like that... who is to say those like Trump, Bannon, and so forth aren't also being smeared like I am being by these clearly very hateful people? I'll hold firm". The common decent people may well shut up and not say anything due to these sort of attacks which going beyond this forum were all over the media and social media, but come election day they turned up for Trump as we saw and I correctly predicted (which is why I was saying Rahl2's polls were irrelevant). 

Him attacking you on your own is by comparison nothing. Like a Trump supporter who is a racist sexist, which if you hit them on their own then thats fine as long as you know, you're hitting them on that on their own "merits" and not just their affiliation.

I mean, I think people should try to avoid hitting each other to begin with but I get what you're saying. I wasn't really trying to make a comparison and I'm not really interested in discussing the topic of this thread because I believe it would be pointless to do so, at least on this forum. The only thing I'll say about it is that the political tension in the United States today reminds me of the Weimar Republic in the early 1920s.

Edited by Big Brother

I mean, I think people should try to avoid hitting each other to begin with but I get what you're saying. I wasn't really trying to make a comparison and I'm not really interested in discussing the topic of this thread because I believe it would be pointless to do so, at least on this forum. The only thing I'll say about it is that the political tension in the United States today reminds me of the Weimar Republic in the early 1920s.

You can thank the mainstream media for that when they've been brainwashing so many sheeple to think that "Trump is literally Hitler" and that Trump is literally going to start deporting all Mexicans and Muslims.  He has become the boogey man for so many people because of the image they painted when they should have been acting as an impartial source of facts and nothing else.  They should be held responsible for their lies and misinforming of the public because any violent riots that ensue are because of them.  The blood will be on their hands and they should be held accountable for their crimes against the American people.  The mainstream media is drawing its last breath and America is going to ushered into an age of integrity and honesty in response to the unparalleled corruption and lies of the past.

• Upvote 2

"Your cattle will die, your friends will die, you will die. But your reputation, if it is good, will never die."  -excerpt from the Havamal

"We are born into this time and must bravely follow the path to the destined end. There is no other way. Our duty is to hold on to the lost position, without hope, without rescue, like that Roman soldier whose bones were found in front of a door in Pompeii, who, during the eruption of Vesuvius, died at his post because they forgot to relieve him. That is greatness. That is what it means to be a thoroughbred. The honorable end is the one thing that can not be taken from a man."  -Oswald Spengler

You can thank the mainstream media for that when they've been brainwashing so many sheeple to think that "Trump is literally Hitler" and that Trump is literally going to start deporting all Mexicans and Muslims.  He has become the boogey man for so many people because of the image they painted when they should have been acting as an impartial source of facts and nothing else.  They should be held responsible for their lies and misinforming of the public because any violent riots that ensue are because of them.  The blood will be on their hands and they should be held accountable for their crimes against the American people.  The mainstream media is drawing its last breath and America is going to ushered into an age of integrity and honesty in response to the unparalleled corruption and lies of the past.

Maybe, maybe not. Time will tell.

Its as he says. You hide behind your "busyness" and such to avoid actually standing your ground on anything. If too scared to get into the trench with the rest of us then just don't bother as he says yes.

ha, the funnest part about getting in the trench is simply pulling a few grenade pins and moving along. \o/
xzhPlEh.png?1

ha, the funnest part about getting in the trench is simply pulling a few grenade pins and moving along. \o/

You've done no such thing so yeah, whatever.

Well as Octavius says. When the other party which is backed up by the mainstream media paints Trump as LITERALLY HITLER and all this other stuff then you cause stuff like this. Look at the kid who got it in his head to try to kill Trump. From what I recall he was with some people who believed just that stuff and what went through his head must have been, "This guy is Hitler so I'll be a hero if I kill him". Likewise, "This guy is Hitler so we got to get out there".

As for the talk of "broken America" I would say it has been for a long time. The minority support for the Democrats should not be so vast especially as that is the worst thing it could be for minorities. When one party has little minority support election after election they stop caring, I mean why bother? Take Black folk. Look at Bernie and Trump, both had messages, one from the left and another from the right which is as it gets on their respective wings for black folk. What happened? Bernie lost in large part due to Clinton's black support while Trump I suppose did a bit better than normal for Republicans if you can call 8% good. On the other hand the Democrats with massive support have screwed them hard and why shouldn't they, they don't need to win votes as they are already won. So yeah, that right there is broken certainly and has been for some time. You got to have some balance or neither side will care one bit about you.

Then Bernie got rekted and you didn't do as you said I have to assume as you were too busy crying. 

Nice immature insult.

<&Partisan> EAT THE SHIT

<blacklabel> lol @ ever caring about how much you matter in some dumbass nation simulation browser game. what a !@#$in pathetic waste of life

iZHAsgV.png

Fascism is a belief that rejects internationalism/globalism (back in the day the main opponent was Communism), and a belief that the government should bring business to heel if they will not support the people, which can be tariffs on a company's goods like Trump has put forward at a minimum, full on Nationalisation on the other end. Nazism follows that as its a Fascist aspect. Where you attacking on something like that then yes, while still inaccurate at least the other brands of Fascism would also have them.

However the strict and aggressive ethnic supremacy that Nazism has is not present in other brands of Fascism. They support cultural supremacy instead.

Also get with the times, educated people supported Trump by large numbers. Try instead calling Trump and us all racists, its very effective I'm sure.

Gosh, the way you describe it, Fascism doesn't sound so bad.  

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/11/09/behind-trumps-victory-divisions-by-race-gender-education/

Among whites, Trump won an overwhelming share of those without a college degree; and among white college graduates – a group that many identified as key for a potential Clinton victory – Trump outperformed Clinton by a narrow 4-point margin.

I think its clear that "by large numbers" could mean 10% even.  Its a meaningless term.  Trump did well with whites of all education levels, but he underpeformed with white college educated people compared to non college educated.

Trump’s margin among whites without a college degree is the largest among any candidate in exit polls since 1980. Two-thirds (67%) of non-college whites backed Trump, compared with just 28% who supported Clinton, resulting in a 39-point advantage for Trump among this group.

• Upvote 1

Duke of House Greyjoy

Gosh, the way you describe it, Fascism doesn't sound so bad.  

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/11/09/behind-trumps-victory-divisions-by-race-gender-education/

I think its clear that "by large numbers" could mean 10% even.  Its a meaningless term.  Trump did well with whites of all education levels, but he underpeformed with white college educated people compared to non college educated.

If its bad or not depends on what you add on top of it. For example Fascism is often said to be Anti-Gay and Anti-Jew but Le Pen for example has moved Front National away from that (not that they don't have such guys around still, but you get that in all groups), and you certainly don't need to hold those positions to be a Fascist. You got to go beyond what you have said for me to answer further.

He "underperformed" when they fully expected him to lose to Clinton big time there as she apparently had the educated vote.

Hey Roz et al, if you don't want to be tarred by the company you keep and the people you vote for, get more choosy. 

If you wonder why people throw rhetorical bombs and don't engage further, the reason is they realize there is no point. 

Hey Roz et al, if you don't want to be tarred by the company you keep and the people you vote for, get more choosy. 

If you wonder why people throw rhetorical bombs and don't engage further, the reason is they realize there is no point. 

Aren't you still in denial? Your Crocked Regressive Leftist is now a product of the dust bins of history. So sad FOR YOU. 

#MAGA

6oiRRnl.jpg

I quit playing for myself long ago, I play for another.

Well as Octavius says. When the other party which is backed up by the mainstream media paints Trump as LITERALLY HITLER and all this other stuff then you cause stuff like this. Look at the kid who got it in his head to try to kill Trump. From what I recall he was with some people who believed just that stuff and what went through his head must have been, "This guy is Hitler so I'll be a hero if I kill him". Likewise, "This guy is Hitler so we got to get out there".

As for the talk of "broken America" I would say it has been for a long time. The minority support for the Democrats should not be so vast especially as that is the worst thing it could be for minorities. When one party has little minority support election after election they stop caring, I mean why bother? Take Black folk. Look at Bernie and Trump, both had messages, one from the left and another from the right which is as it gets on their respective wings for black folk. What happened? Bernie lost in large part due to Clinton's black support while Trump I suppose did a bit better than normal for Republicans if you can call 8% good. On the other hand the Democrats with massive support have screwed them hard and why shouldn't they, they don't need to win votes as they are already won. So yeah, that right there is broken certainly and has been for some time. You got to have some balance or neither side will care one bit about you.

I don't doubt that many American news sources are biased and bought but my exposure to them is limited, as least my direct exposure. I usually get the news from newspapers in my own country and language, the only "foreign" news source I've read recently is BBC News and I certainly don't believe everything they write either. You don't really need to be exposed to the "mainstream media" as you call it to be able to draw the comparison between perceived bad world leaders like Trump and known bad world leaders like Hitler. If you do compare the two you will undoubtedly find a lot of differences as they grew up and lived under different socio-economic conditions and I will not be the one to claim that Trump is literally Hitler, but if you take the context of the political situations they were/are a part of and influenced into account, you will find similarities. People are quick to compare leaders with Hitler though, it wasn't that long ago that a lot of media outlets compared him to Putin as well. Definitely some sketchy bias running loose in media both in the west and the east nowadays.

As for people wanting to kill Trump, people wanted to do the same to Obama when he was elected. It's just a sign of the increasing polarization happening in the United States these days. You're right that it's a broken country and has been so for a long time though I don't believe that elections are responsible for their problems as much as the corrupt establishment and two party system. The elections simply don't seem to have any effect on the establishment. Money has too much power in politics over there and the two party system just contributes even more to polarization. When you have two parties that are always in opposition to each other, always trying to best each other, you forget how to cooperate and compromise especially when the support for the two parties is so evenly divided. It's a recipe for hate and disaster in my opinion.

Regressive

PTyLLo9.jpg

• Upvote 1

ANTIWAR.COM

This site is one that is as its name states, anti-war. It is however not always correct nor is the information from Reuters or Associated Press first released and posted by Antiwar.com edited or correct, nor updated when discovered the source was fabricated. Antiwar.com commonly likes to show themselves as the first for information, at a price.

Russia Today

With its first international news channel launched in December 2005, RT television network now consists of three round-the-clock news channels broadcasting in English, Arabic and Spanish, a documentary channel RTDoc airing in both English and Russian, a video news agency RUPTLY, as well as online news platforms in Russian, German, and French. RT America channel airs from a Washington, DC studio while RT UK broadcasts from London. Many on the Left consider RT a biased news source, no better than the National Enquirer. RT has stated that this bias is unfounded and that their associations with the Russian government itself is non-existent, an "autonomous non-profit organization." Due to its world-wide growth it is challenging American and British news media outlets as the most watched news source internationally.

Russia Today

With its first international news channel launched in December 2005, RT television network now consists of three round-the-clock news channels broadcasting in English, Arabic and Spanish, a documentary channel RTDoc airing in both English and Russian, a video news agency RUPTLY, as well as online news platforms in Russian, German, and French. RT America channel airs from a Washington, DC studio while RT UK broadcasts from London. Many on the Left consider RT a biased news source, no better than the National Enquirer. RT has stated that this bias is unfounded and that their associations with the Russian government itself is non-existent, an "autonomous non-profit organization." Due to its world-wide growth it is challenging American and British news media outlets as the most watched news source internationally.

This is a joke, right? Surely you don't actually believe that RT is any less biased than mainstream American media?

I've read RT occasionally but I don't trust them to tell the unbiased truth in the majority of their articles. A thing I've noticed they do (other news sources probably do it as well) is that they mix in a bunch of legitimate and verifiable news articles with the propaganda to create a false sense of credibility. To get any truth out of RT I think you'd probably have to figure out what they want you to think and instead of falling for it and thinking it.

If I am in that hole shall we say with them then why am I? Because I willingly jumped in? Because the people in there dragged me down? No. I'm down there because the media and the people on the left/centre/whatever threw me in as perfectly sensible views get shouted down as "RACIST" and what have you. I have plenty of left wing views but the left has forgotten what they used to be and so pushes this identity politics of theirs of which I am an enemy, so quite simply there is no home there. Of course I disagree on things with the people I'm in a hole with, but I got to live with that.

I don't doubt that many American news sources are biased and bought but my exposure to them is limited, as least my direct exposure. I usually get the news from newspapers in my own country and language, the only "foreign" news source I've read recently is BBC News and I certainly don't believe everything they write either. You don't really need to be exposed to the "mainstream media" as you call it to be able to draw the comparison between perceived bad world leaders like Trump and known bad world leaders like Hitler. If you do compare the two you will undoubtedly find a lot of differences as they grew up and lived under different socio-economic conditions and I will not be the one to claim that Trump is literally Hitler, but if you take the context of the political situations they were/are a part of and influenced into account, you will find similarities. People are quick to compare leaders with Hitler though, it wasn't that long ago that a lot of media outlets compared him to Putin as well. Definitely some sketchy bias running loose in media both in the west and the east nowadays.

As for people wanting to kill Trump, people wanted to do the same to Obama when he was elected. It's just a sign of the increasing polarization happening in the United States these days. You're right that it's a broken country and has been so for a long time though I don't believe that elections are responsible for their problems as much as the corrupt establishment and two party system. The elections simply don't seem to have any effect on the establishment. Money has too much power in politics over there and the two party system just contributes even more to polarization. When you have two parties that are always in opposition to each other, always trying to best each other, you forget how to cooperate and compromise especially when the support for the two parties is so evenly divided. It's a recipe for hate and disaster in my opinion.

You're running on some shaky assumptions right there, out of touch I would say even. The common man on the street is against illegal and mass immigration and has no doubt experienced the sneering and anger shot either directly his way or towards people who dared speak up his opinion. If he heard Trump wanted to stop the illegals their first thoughts would not be something akin to, "This guy must be Hitler reborn", but instead "Finally someone is standing up to the elites who hate me.

As for Putin. First he was unacceptable because he would go to nuclear war with Putin... then he would be best friends with Putin but still somehow cause nuclear war with... someone, Mexico or something. These positions are drastic changes to each other and that was one of many narratives that clued people in they were nothing but liars. 

Well we'll see. For all the talk of civil war in the Republican party before the election they are now kowtowing to Trump which could lead to the transformation of the Republican party into a populist party. The Democrats meanwhile are the ones in the civil war with the Progressives being very angry. Those two developments may well make the two party dynamic continue yes, but the two said parties may well become drastically different beasts so to speak.

I've read RT occasionally but I don't trust them to tell the unbiased truth in the majority of their articles. A thing I've noticed they do (other news sources probably do it as well) is that they mix in a bunch of legitimate and verifiable news articles with the propaganda to create a false sense of credibility. To get any truth out of RT I think you'd probably have to figure out what they want you to think and instead of falling for it and thinking it.

My view on them has always been I can trust them on some things and not others. Which is certainly more than western mainstream media which has lied to me in such volume on so much that I simply can't trust them on basically anything.

This is a joke, right? Surely you don't actually believe that RT is any less biased than mainstream American media?

Where did I say that RT was unbiased?

I do personally prefer RT over most of the crap out there, but all media is biased in this new era. Ever since every asshat can make a blog or start creating their own spin zones online, media has tanked into memes and pure drivel. The blessing of the internet to message and broadcast at the literal speed of light is also the curse of opinion and falsification, in the name of "spreading the news."

Where did I say that RT was unbiased?

I do personally prefer RT over most of the crap out there, but all media is biased in this new era. Ever since every asshat can make a blog or start creating their own spin zones online, media has tanked into memes and pure drivel. The blessing of the internet to message and broadcast at the literal speed of light is also the curse of opinion and falsification, in the name of "spreading the news."

You didn't say it was unbiased but the topic of the thread is "Independent Journalism Recommendations" and RT certainly doesn't qualify as that, which is why I was surprised that you mentioned it.

Sure, theoretically anyone can start up their own blog or some other medium where they spread "news" but it's still pretty easy (at least to me) to see the distinction between an actual, official newspaper with actual credibility and some guy who's just spewing his own twisted bias on his own site. I don't believe that literally all media is completely and utterly biased in this day an age, that seems like an exaggeration to me. There's still a lot of news sources around that aren't inherently biased in every article.

You didn't say it was unbiased but the topic of the thread is "Independent Journalism Recommendations" and RT certainly doesn't qualify as that, which is why I was surprised that you mentioned it.

Sure, theoretically anyone can start up their own blog or some other medium where they spread "news" but it's still pretty easy (at least to me) to see the distinction between an actual, official newspaper with actual credibility and some guy who's just spewing his own twisted bias on his own site. I don't believe that literally all media is completely and utterly biased in this day an age, that seems like an exaggeration to me. There's still a lot of news sources around that aren't inherently biased in every article.

Then name them, those you feel are "unbiased."

Then name them, those you feel are "unbiased."

Well, the only English language news sources I trust to be more or less completely independent are The Independent Barents Observer and High North News.

However, I'm sure you could find unbiased articles in many major news outlets but they're mixed with a whole bunch of unbiased articles as well so you have to make sure you judge each and every article instead of the entire outlet as a whole.

Edited by Big Brother