Independent Journalism Recommendations

Chickensguys

In light of the corruption and pettiness of the Main Stream Media I wanted to make a thread to discuss other independent sources for the news. 

My 2 recommendations are

Breitbart

InfoWars with Alex Jones  

• Upvote 4

6oiRRnl.jpg

I quit playing for myself long ago, I play for another.

Don't forget Drudge Report, OP!

I personally like to watch Stefan Molyneux on Youtube.

I love Stefan Molyneux's videos.  Have you watched his presentation on the fall of the Roman Empire?  I found it very interesting to say the least.

"Your cattle will die, your friends will die, you will die. But your reputation, if it is good, will never die."  -excerpt from the Havamal

"We are born into this time and must bravely follow the path to the destined end. There is no other way. Our duty is to hold on to the lost position, without hope, without rescue, like that Roman soldier whose bones were found in front of a door in Pompeii, who, during the eruption of Vesuvius, died at his post because they forgot to relieve him. That is greatness. That is what it means to be a thoroughbred. The honorable end is the one thing that can not be taken from a man."  -Oswald Spengler

Molyneux wanted to eat so he sold out to the Trump.

What makes you think that?  He's been supporting Trump since the beginning.

"Your cattle will die, your friends will die, you will die. But your reputation, if it is good, will never die."  -excerpt from the Havamal

"We are born into this time and must bravely follow the path to the destined end. There is no other way. Our duty is to hold on to the lost position, without hope, without rescue, like that Roman soldier whose bones were found in front of a door in Pompeii, who, during the eruption of Vesuvius, died at his post because they forgot to relieve him. That is greatness. That is what it means to be a thoroughbred. The honorable end is the one thing that can not be taken from a man."  -Oswald Spengler

While I wouldn't call them journalists (they're really YouTube commentators), guys like Sargon of Akkad, TL;DR, MundaneMatt, the Honey Badger Brigade, Kraut & Tea, Chris Ray Gun, and others are pretty cool. I've been a fan of Sargon since I discovered him during #GamerGate's big boom in 2014/2015, and branched out from there. I recently subscribed to Paul Joseph Watson, who works at InfoWars, and I listened to much of their 50+ Hour Election Night stream.

The thing I like about these guys is, they don't all agree with each other. Hell, I don't always agree with them, and they run the gamut from comedy to serious, and they don't all cover the same things. But they have enough in common to usually get along and have discussions, which is nice.

As for actual journalism, I only really know about Breitbart because of Milo Yiannopoulos (who I'm also subscribed to on YouTube), and I've not read the Drudge Report.

Edited by Oncaro

Member of the Union of Multiversal States

"No! I must kill the Karlings" he shouted
The dynasty tree said "No, John. You are the Karlings"
And then John was a cadet branch.

AP and Reuters. Can't get less biased than that IMO.

• Upvote 3

<&Partisan> EAT THE SHIT

<blacklabel> lol @ ever caring about how much you matter in some dumbass nation simulation browser game. what a !@#$in pathetic waste of life

iZHAsgV.png

What makes you think that?  He's been supporting Trump since the beginning.

I know he has. His reasoning goes against everything he has voiced before he did.

He was a starving Anarchist/Voluntaryist before he decided to join the Trump Clan.

He's probbaly on there, the Left are pretty much Nazis anyway.

I like the Daily Express. 

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/9/7/1419159/-StormFront-Endorses-Trump

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/11/01/the-kkks-official-newspaper-has-endorsed-donald-trump-for-president/

Nope, Nazi's are strictly pro-Trump

Edited by Aisha Greyjoy
  • Upvote 1

Duke of House Greyjoy

You are citing dog shit sources.

Go tell the regressive left we are not interested in their piffle. 

Edited by Chickensguys

6oiRRnl.jpg

I quit playing for myself long ago, I play for another.

http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2016/04/30/donald-trump-wins-key-ku-klux-klan-endorsement-video/

http://www.dailystormer.com/the-daily-stormer-endorses-donald-trump-for-president/

Better?

Trump's endorsements from the KKK and the American Neo-Nazi group Stormfront are easy to find.

Call liberals Commies if you want, but Nazi's really sticks to the GOP types now.  It'll be years before the GOP can get the stench of white supremacy off itself.

Edited by Aisha Greyjoy
  • Upvote 2

Duke of House Greyjoy

InfoWars with Alex Jones  

http://www.infowars.com/hillary-caught-on-tape-birthing-alien-life-form/

Truly some "quality" journalism right here. I can't even tell if half of this website is on some bad inside joke or if they are being real sometimes.

Edited by Juan Julio Montague
  • Upvote 1

http://m.alien-ufo-research.com/reptilians/

The joke is that Hillary Clinton, George Soros, Barack Obama and a whole host of other powerful leftists and globalists are actually reptiles to weaken our society to allow for the reptilian takeover.

Of course, how could I be so blind XD. Seriously though, the idea that aliens would need to infiltrate our society to take over is the most ridiculous conspiracy theory out there. Any being capable of FTL travel could easily wipe humanity off the map no questions asked. Back on topic, I can't really talk about Briebart as I've never read his stuff, but the idea that infowars is listed as a good independent journalism website is laughable. 

http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2016/04/30/donald-trump-wins-key-ku-klux-klan-endorsement-video/

http://www.dailystormer.com/the-daily-stormer-endorses-donald-trump-for-president/

Better?

Trump's endorsements from the KKK and the American Neo-Nazi group Stormfront are easy to find.

Call liberals Commies if you want, but Nazi's really sticks to the GOP types now.  It'll be years before the GOP can get the stench of white supremacy off itself.

You lump all anti-globalists as Nazis by telling us to just list Stormfront and the KKK, then proceed to use Trump's alleged endorsements as "evidence".  I guess if a Nazi supports someone, then anyone else who supports them is a Nazi too lol.  Your logic is so flawed, yet you probably don't even realize it when you type.

Also, oops broke the alt-right circlejerk

You don't even know what the alt-right is.

Edited by Octavius
  • Upvote 1

I know he has. His reasoning goes against everything he has voiced before he did.

He was a starving Anarchist/Voluntaryist before he decided to join the Trump Clan.

People change ideologically when they are confronted with reality.  Anarcho-Capitalism(the name is even cringey) is interesting in theory but absolute nonsense in practice.  Anarchy will never work because we are social creatures that cannot survive without a tribe or community.  Additionally, the idea of the free market has always been at the core of Molyneux's ideology regardless of other changing factors.  Ultimately, Molyneux's goal is to preserve and protect Western civilization which cannot happen without a strong leader and secure borders.  Regardless of any Anarcho-Capitalist fantasies he may have, he is still a realist who understands the need for community and structure.  I very much doubt that he "sold out" as you say.  He probably just despised Hillary and saw Trump for the strong male leader that he was and decided that he could possibly be the savior of Western civilization.  

You lump all anti-globalists as Nazis by telling us to just list Stormfront and the KKK

Did you even read what Aisha posted? He/she didn't even say *anything* about anti-globalism. 

then proceed to use Trump's alleged endorsements as "evidence".

evidence against what?????

You don't even know what the alt-right is.

Oh please, Professor Octavius, enlighten me on what the alt-right really is! /s

<&Partisan> EAT THE SHIT

<blacklabel> lol @ ever caring about how much you matter in some dumbass nation simulation browser game. what a !@#$in pathetic waste of life

iZHAsgV.png

People change ideologically when they are confronted with reality.  Anarcho-Capitalism(the name is even cringey) is interesting in theory but absolute nonsense in practice.  Anarchy will never work because we are social creatures that cannot survive without a tribe or community.  Additionally, the idea of the free market has always been at the core of Molyneux's ideology regardless of other changing factors.  Ultimately, Molyneux's goal is to preserve and protect Western civilization which cannot happen without a strong leader and secure borders.  Regardless of any Anarcho-Capitalist fantasies he may have, he is still a realist who understands the need for community and structure.  I very much doubt that he "sold out" as you say.  He probably just despised Hillary and saw Trump for the strong male leader that he was and decided that he could possibly be the savior of Western civilization.  

Meh. He sold out. Sorry. Disagree or not, have you ever dealt with him at Porcfest each year? He definitely is not the same guy regardless if you agree with what he preached at one time or not. Also, I find it amusing you know his stances on preserving Western Civilization- have you ever actually read his work? He is(was, considering I only know his work pre-Trump) a huge fan of destabilization.

• Upvote 1

Meh. He sold out. Sorry. Disagree or not, have you ever dealt with him at Porcfest each year? He definitely is not the same guy regardless if you agree with what he preached at one time or not. Also, I find it amusing you know his stances on preserving Western Civilization- have you ever actually read his work? He is(was, considering I only know his work pre-Trump) a huge fan of destabilization.

I don't dispute that he had these views in the past.  I'm only saying that people change when they realize that their ideas cannot work outside of a Utopian non reality.  This is what I believe happened to Molyneux as it has with so many people including myself.  If people stayed the same ideologically, they would remain stagnant and never develop beyond their own current understanding.  Upon broadening our perception of the world around us and spending long hours of contemplation, it is inevitable that we will reach new conclusions and hopefully a greater understanding.  This is the only way we can grow in wisdom-not by remaining an ideologue who refuses to even acknowledge the mere possibility that they are wrong.  I don't think that anyone who is willing to expand their thought process should be considered "sold out" but rather as someone who has developed their thoughts naturally as any honest thinker would.  

I don't dispute that he had these views in the past.  I'm only saying that people change when they realize that their ideas cannot work outside of a Utopian non reality.  This is what I believe happened to Molyneux as it has with so many people including myself.  If people stayed the same ideologically, they would remain stagnant and never develop beyond their own current understanding.  Upon broadening our perception of the world around us and spending long hours of contemplation, it is inevitable that we will reach new conclusions and hopefully a greater understanding.  This is the only way we can grow in wisdom-not by remaining an ideologue who refuses to even acknowledge the mere possibility that they are wrong.  I don't think that anyone who is willing to expand their thought process should be considered "sold out" but rather as someone who has developed their thoughts naturally as any honest thinker would.  

The fact is Molyneux was ostracized by the community for being caught in lies and huge hypocrisy. He also had tons of pressure from his wife to leave the scene and switch gears, and to lose face. It had nothing to do with wisdom.

Personally I left that scene not long before he did. I am still very libertarian-minded but the lulz from the Anarcho-(insert hyphenated-dribble here) scene was ridiculous and hardly anything to debate. Molyneux butted heads with his child-rearing ideologies with a lot of people, enough that his wife was threatened to be fired over it from Universities, and be barred from the field. Therein lies your hint of wisdom.

Other than that, Molyneux is a snob and an ass. He has an ego worse than Trumps.