11/5/2016 - Treasure Anti-Trust Act

Alex

I feel like this is a stupid decision.

You set it up to be exploited and then when it is you nerf it.

Honestly you should ditch treasures, or at least separate them from color and make their spawning more random and even.

• Upvote 3

XLL3z4T.gif

• Administrators

I feel like this is a stupid decision.

You set it up to be exploited and then when it is you nerf it.

Honestly you should ditch treasures, or at least separate them from color and make their spawning more random and even.

I did not set it up with the intention of being exploited - I expected that no one would let one alliance amass as many treasures as we've seen now and in the past. I thought for sure such a conglomeration would lead to a war. I was wrong, and while alliances that amass treasures will still get a not insignificant bonus, it won't be gamebreaking.

• Upvote 5

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

We've been nerfed! Nooooooo

It would have been really nice manners to delay this until the corresponding treasure spawn, instead of killing us with this ten-day thing, can you at least do that please

• Upvote 3

01:58:39 <BeowulftheSecond> Belisarius of The Byzantine Empire has sent your nation $0.00, 0.00 food, 0.00 coal, 0.00 oil, 0.00 uranium, 0.00 lead, 0.00 iron, 0.00 bauxite, 0.00 gasoline, 0.00 munitions, 1,000.00 steel, and 0.00 aluminum from the alliance bank of Rose.
01:58:46 <BeowulftheSecond> someone please explain 
01:59:12 <%Belisarius> sleep deprivatin is a &#33;@#&#036; @_@
01:59:14 â€” %Belisarius shrugs
01:59:18 <BeowulftheSecond> we're at WAR. WE ARE BURNING EACH OTHER'S PIXELS

• Administrators

Giving notice of this before the recent treasure respawn would have been nice. :|

Yes I expect that is frustrating, I had not given this issue any attention until recently and just happened to overlap the spawn. I'm hoping the 10 days will give you and anyone else time to negotiate and sell treasures as they see fit.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Antitrust-Laws.png

Also this imagery reminds me of.

https://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1605-advance-to-illinois-avenue/

HeAZTDR.png

And your comment on there.

Not that I'm that interested in your politics, but the imagery is pretty cool. I like the Monopoly board with the alliance names on it.

Also digging the music.

original.gif

2 years later you still digging that theme.

Edited by Sketchy
  • Upvote 3

XLL3z4T.gif

I'm a new player and I hope you keep developing this good game of your's.

On a sidenote, I heard how color spheres were once important:

Prefontaine-Today at 8:26 PM

Color bonus formula was basically: More alliances = bad, more people = good. So the less alliances with more people made a good color.

If you had 2 big alliances you'd get a big bonus.

Lots of little alliance, small bonus.

TheNG-Today at 8:27 PM

Alpha version of color stock was the best

Genius Corp for days

Never forget

Prefontaine-Today at 8:28 PM

Color bonus were supposed to be a precursor to a "color council" to let colors mean something, to make people want to fight for their colors. etc..

Again, like treasures, bad exceution of what they were supposed to do.

My question is.. why oh why is this not implemented???

Edited by CanoeTipper

FirstDraft-v2_zps55ce6098.png

• Wiki Mod

Obligatory, we told you so on behalf of the CDD.

Also, do you plan on compensating TI for the massive amount of money we just invested in treasures?

• Upvote 6

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

Decent change, next step is removing treasures one can only hope.

• Upvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

• Jax locked this topic