Black Knights extort / blackmail their members

Foltest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bdOTUocn5w

"An injustice somewhere is an injustice everywhere." It is both the right and responsibility of righteous men to fight against laws and systems that institute unfair or unjust practices or policies. It is necessary for all men to sometimes stand up and say enough to the tyrants and lords of our domain. The powerless many have always been subjected to the abuses of the empowered few, but the empowered few eventually always find themselves deposed and bereft of the power that they so eagerly abused.

Like many money-grubbing corporations in another world who entrap customers into predatory terms, BK has decided upon arbitrary terms to force upon beleaguered members to receive rebuilding aid ---- terms only revealed after the war has finished. Either accept the government's terms, or attempt to rebuild in solitude. This injustice made exponentially worse when one realizes that the rebuilding money comes directly from the pockets of the members themselves to begin with.

After fighting two wars for BK, one of which very little / no rebuilding aid was requested afterwards, they have decided (post-war, mind you) that I was to be contractually obligated to remaining in the alliance for 2 months after receiving aid or I'd have to pay it back in full.

BK started one of those wars, which indirectly fueled the beginning of the next. I did not have a hand in that, I did not ask for blood and thunder to come to my nation. Yet still I fought, I fought beside my friends and comrades and I fought for the Black Knights. Together we claimed victory and victory again. And somehow this was all thrown away and disregarded for the sake of less-than-a-day's income for BK's bank. They asked of me a full month's income, after casting me out and banning me on their various platforms.

The only conclusion any person with a sound mind can come to is that this isn't about the money. It is the means by which the empowered few choose to press their will upon the powerless many. It is nothing more than that mild rush of adrenaline that an evil person feels when imposing their misdeeds upon a helpless victim.

Is this how BK thinks it is appropriate to treat former members/friends of their alliance that have served with dedication and diligence for almost a year?

BK lost a supporter this day due to their inane and insulting policies. Saddening when you really think about how unnecessary all this was if not for the unjust and honestly impractical policies of their government.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

okay

Is this a DoW or a bad attempt at starting drama? I'd prefer the DoW.

Edited by Yosodog
  • Upvote 4

[22:37:51] <&Yosodog> Problem is, everyone is too busy deciding which top gun character they are that no decision has been made

BK in a nutshell

Holton I don't think you're a bad guy. But dude like what DVD said, you know the rules (and I actually get why it's there) and honestly I'm up for hearing why you should be an exception.

Edited by Amaryllis
  • Upvote 1

Nerd To The Core

After fighting two wars for BK, one of which very little / no rebuilding aid was requested afterwards, they have decided (post-war, mind you) that I was to be contractually obligated to remaining in the alliance for 2 months after receiving aid or I'd have to pay it back in full.

The only conclusion any person with a sound mind can come to is that this isn't about the money. It is the means by which the empowered few choose to press their will upon the powerless many. It is nothing more than that mild rush of adrenaline that an evil person feels when imposing their misdeeds upon a helpless victim.

I don't see how that demand is unreasonable.

If you leave right after receiving rebuild aid, you essentially forfeit your tax to a new alliance. BK has other people who also need rebuild, but the difference is those people stayed while you wanted to leave.

While I think paying it back in full is a bit excessive, I don't see any issue with this.

Seems like your just complaining and stirring the pot.

• Upvote 3

XLL3z4T.gif

I rebuilt during the actual war, being above striking range for NPO.

I paid multiple weeks worth of 80% cash taxes.

If you didn't want hate towards BK, you shouldn't have banned me from the forums in a dumb rage. You shouldn't have taken away my discord permissions. You shouldn't have tried to extort reps from me. You shouldn't have told me to !@#$ off on discord.

You spurned my every attempt to reach out to you normally. You ignored my arguments that repayment was a silly policy after I fought for you. In this game, the most you can do is go to war. I did that, I went as far as mechanically possible for you guys - and you still tried to dick me over by demanding a month's worth of income.

The only thing I want is someone to admit I was treated unfairly and dismiss the demanded reps.

Edited by Holton
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I fail to see how them asking for their money back is something you'd get upset about. Like they literally rebuilt you back to full. Seems like your argument for this being silly is basically everything that you'd normally do in 99% of alliances (pay taxes, fight wars)

• Upvote 1

If you didn't want hate towards BK, you shouldn't have banned me from the forums in a dumb rage. You shouldn't have taken away my discord permissions. You shouldn't have tried to extort reps from me. You shouldn't have told me to !@#$ off on discord.

You spurned my every attempt to reach out to you normally. You ignored my arguments that repayment was a silly policy after I fought for you. In this game, the most you can do is go to war. I did that, I went as far as mechanically possible for you guys - and you still tried to dick me over by demanding a month's worth of income.

Hi Holton! It's nice to talk to you again. I know this is a bad attempt at getting attention and I shouldn't encourage this behavior with a proper response, however, I have nothing better to do at this time so I'll indulge you.

See, normally we don't uphold the two month "contract". However, in your situation, we felt that it was necessary to pursue the money. Here's why: You were second in command of our FA department. You know how we found out that you were leaving? We read your new alliance's DoE. Yes, we found out about your resignation from a DoE. You left as a high-ranking official without any notice or even the courtesy of telling us before the DoE. See, if you contacted us that you were interested in leaving beforehand, we could've worked something out and shit, maybe you wouldn't have had to pay back the rebuilding aid. 

See, Holton, if you didn't want to pay back your rebuilding, you shouldn't have left us without notice. It would be one thing if you were a normal Knight that left us without notice, but you were the second in command of FA. Kids, if you're reading this, do not leave an alliance like this. Take what Holton did as an example of what you should not do.

So listen, Holton, it's okay to be upset. Generally, I find noobs are bad at reading comprehension, but your failure to read and/or understand the clear notice in the rebuilding thread saying that if you leave within two months of receiving rebuilding aid you'll have to pay it back in full just proves me wrong.

I kind of liked you, Holton. But you've lost a lot of respect from me in the past few days. You leave in a dishonorable way and then you make a piss poor attempt at making us look bad. If you need attention so bad, you should try to get attention in a positive way rather than doing embarrassing things like this.

• Upvote 5

[22:37:51] <&Yosodog> Problem is, everyone is too busy deciding which top gun character they are that no decision has been made

BK in a nutshell

k I'll bite at this section in particular

You could have had the courtesy to let us know you were going to leave instead of letting us find out over a &#33;@#&#036;ing OWF post. You could have had the courtesy to resign your FA Duke position before you left instead of making me think you were in it for the long haul enough to be trusted with that position. You weren't banned because you left, you were banned because you didn't have the &#33;@#&#036;ing decency to come to our face over it.

That's all I'm gonna say on this topic.

• Upvote 2
On 3/16/2016 at 9:54 PM, Lykos said:

Our next move is obviously rolling LordStrum. 

The only thing I want is someone to admit I was treated unfairly and dismiss the demanded reps.

Pretty much what Yoso said. Dude you left without any heads up. Honestly if you wanted to move on and try new things, that's fine we all move to different pastures but I personally think it's at least considerate to let the higher ups know what you are leaving since you did hold a pretty big position (at least to me lol). And from what I could see the term had been stated their perfectly clear as day so why does it upset you now when you know you clearly broke it? My opinion of course xp

Nerd To The Core

No. And this is someone who would call you a friend. You always wanted more, I made you a Duke and wanted you to gain influence with the membership, despite naysayers. you were anointed as a Duke.

We find out you had left the alliance by kastors DoE. Now that you are high gov would you let that stand? Would you give someone a chance despite past grievances, give them aid, as well as privy advice and conversation, only to see they left the alliance and not tell anyone?

This is not even about kastor, the guy you lead the mass embargo on because you called a shit poster. You were low gov and didn't respect the alliance, it's government or members to have the decency to resign.

You will not get an apology this time friend. No, we will not also "regret this" as well.

Edited by DVDCCHN
  • Upvote 1

OvsfySW.png

I don't see how that demand is unreasonable.

If you leave right after receiving rebuild aid, you essentially forfeit your tax to a new alliance. BK has other people who also need rebuild, but the difference is those people stayed while you wanted to leave.

While I think paying it back in full is a bit excessive, I don't see any issue with this.

Seems like your just complaining and stirring the pot.

Basically this. Don't get me wrong, BK is truly evil and all that jazz, but I get where they're coming from here.
xzhPlEh.png?1

A big question is after joining the other alliance, did you still have access to BK's Discord private channels and Forum private channels as well? Because if you did, that is called espionage and many people may consider that an act of provocation. Have you shared information with your new alliance what was in those channels? You were a part of the FA, and being so, you may have information which could help or hinder BK in the future. Consider some of these things and the repercussions which come with them.

• Upvote 2

This whole thing is just redic.

Many alliances have stuff like that.

VE had one.

I knew i wanted to leave so guess what? i didnt take aid so i could join BK.

Bk neither extorts nor blackmails.

You preach loyalty, but were a high ranking gov in another alliance before leaving bk. You didnt even have the balls to let someone in bk gov know.

Stop with the toddler like temper tantrum.

Bk is awesome, and will always be.

Bk has been more than an alliance. We have each others backs in more than just a game. Bk members have built friendships.

Dont try and drag bk in the mud because of how you decided to leave. Its just beyond childish.

• Upvote 1

39fb0c29716d84588918693fef6b7c9c.png

I'm gone for a few days and come back to this

smh

anal-probe.jpg

Why are we posting old format memes?

• Upvote 2