Alpha Announcement: Ammendment to Reparation Terms

Placentica

Fg33sbY.jpg

When The Coalition asked for $30,000,000 in reparations for their attack on us, we noticed that they didn't set any deadline on the repayment period.  It was an oversight on their part clearly.  I didn't feel a need to correct this mistake because I didn't quite care that we were paying reparations for merely honoring a treaty and entering the war at our ally's request.  This combined with the original demand of $200,000,000 by The Coalition and I wasn't really in a mood to be charitable.  But as I expected, when the Coalition realized it's mistake, they sought to change the terms of the arrangement.  As a show of good faith, Alpha has agreed to change the terms to the following:

eHTUIAs.jpg

Signed,

Placentica, Driver of Alpha

James II, Hybrid of Alpha

Antifa, Iron of Alpha

Although you do not need to send that 1 unit back.  You can keep it and buy your special someone a nice present.  ;)

• Upvote 5

Sees title.

Thinks permawar is back on.

Clicks.

Is disappointed at the lack of drama.

• Upvote 2

Jl0McAJ.gif

Mans two modes of existence can be thought of as his light and dark side. He is either the Protector or the Ravager. The Immovable Object or the Unstoppable Force.

Cool

Goomy: *Hot Goomy is 5 miles away from you and looking to have some fun*

Guilo: O.O Click bait is sooooooo tempting

Aoi Toori: Well its Goomy, who wouldn't?

If Dillon A McCann is Ted Cruz then doesn't that make him the zodiac killer? Rip zodiac #EndofZodiac

It is incorrect to say that we "sought to change terms of the arrangement". We (tC and Alpha) both agreed to the $30 million payment in the peace agreement. We held up to our end of the peace agreement by ending all hostilities. You simply did not hold up your end of the agreement by actually making the payment or give a date of when you would pay it. On October 16, Aurelius told you we understood your extensive rebuilding costs, so we would be happy to wait until November 1 for payment. Instead of asking to pay it at a later date because of your financial issues, or accepting that particular date, you felt the need to post it here and incorrectly state we tried changing terms. Again, that is just not true. We already agreed to the peace terms...$30 million. Common sense dictates that the time frame for the $30 million wouldn't be indefinite, so we gave you a reasonable date to fulfill your part of the peace agreement. You obviously find the date reasonable as well so we are happily in agreement.

Feel free to do an alliance bank to bank transfer or you can send the $30 million to either Aurelius or myself as a 1 unit food trade for $30 million as mentioned in your post. Once we receive the money, we can then donate it as our alliance begins our new tC donation program.

Elder and Minister of Finance for The Coalition

It is incorrect to say that we "sought to change terms of the arrangement". We (tC and Alpha) both agreed to the $30 million payment in the peace agreement. We held up to our end of the peace agreement by ending all hostilities. You simply did not hold up your end of the agreement by actually making the payment or give a date of when you would pay it. On October 16, Aurelius told you we understood your extensive rebuilding costs, so we would be happy to wait until November 1 for payment. Instead of asking to pay it at a later date because of your financial issues, or accepting that particular date, you felt the need to post it here and incorrectly state we tried changing terms. Again, that is just not true. We already agreed to the peace terms...$30 million. Common sense dictates that the time frame for the $30 million wouldn't be indefinite, so we gave you a reasonable date to fulfill your part of the peace agreement. You obviously find the date reasonable as well so we are happily in agreement.

Feel free to do an alliance bank to bank transfer or you can send the $30 million to either Aureliusor myself as a 1 unit food trade for $30 million as mentioned in your post. Once we receive the money, we can then donate it as our alliance begins our new tC donation program.

This is incorrect.  At no point have we ever broken any peace agreements, including this one.  Nor are we currently in violation of the peace terms we signed.

I guess you do not communicate well with your leader, Aurelius.  I've told him repeatedly an approximate date of when to expect payment as well as me asking who to send funds to.  At first, Aurelius wouldn't even respond to my PMs.  Finally, he started to respond and I was able to fix the mistake tC made in your rep request.

I told him within 30 days, but that is when Aurelius got angry and threatened Alpha with war if we didn't pay by a date he unilaterally set.  This was clearly a change of the terms.  tC didn't request a timeframe.  So because our rebuilding is going faster than expected and because Nov. 1 isn't really that different from when we had told him we'd send payment (by a matter of days, lol), I felt it would be fine to change the agreement.  He was getting a bit upset and I figured this would resolve the issue.  Through the process I was constantly reassuring him we would be paying our reparations.  To say otherwise is just plain false.

Feel free to do an alliance bank to bank transfer or you can send the $30 million to either Aurelius or myself as a 1 unit food trade for $30 million as mentioned in your post. Once we receive the money, we can then donate it as our alliance begins our new tC donation program.

Good, someone is trying to get some drama in here.

• Upvote 1

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

That was my birthday. 

I've just never gotten over the fact that you declared on them then demanded reps.

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

I've just never gotten over the fact that you declared on them then demanded reps.

It's a pretty nice precedent they've made. Now anyone who beats them up in a war can ask them for reps and it would be perfectly justified.

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

It's a pretty nice precedent they've made. Now anyone who beats them up in a war can ask them for reps and it would be perfectly justified.

Assuming you people can actually win a fight. We're still waiting for that to happen.

• Upvote 2

orwell_s_1984_oceania_s_currency_by_dungsc127_d97k1zt-fullview.jpg.9994c8f495b96849443aa0defa8730be.jpg

I read this thread and all I can think about is how happy I am that I don't have to deal with this kind of stuff anymore.

I like how boring the PW Politics is that this thread is getting the most attention and has created so much drama over such a minute exchange of updated terms. 

gg everyone

It was a mistake on our part to not specify a time period initially, but it is good to see that you have accepted our request of timeframe. I do question the need to make an entire thread about it though.

No date was even specified because they weren't even serious terms, but hey Steve accepted. 

But seeing Steve's salt is worth every Alpha penny. I don't think anyone gives a shit. 

The Coalition Discord: https://discord.gg/WBzNRGK

1. This thread is 2 pages long. That's not "all the drama", it's literally been Keegoz/Kastor trying to fuel the flames while Steve has actually just responded normally to a disgruntled non-leader member of an alliance.

2. Alpha was being nice here, if maybe a little flashy to have posted about it :P

3. Stop crying about drama. It's what fuels the game, I don't want to get along with everyone here because that's boring.

• Upvote 1