*NEW* Role Play Development

I'm casting my vote for organic rp. 

"Soldiers, exactly at three o'clock, the enemy is to be crushed by your fierce charge, destroyed by your grenadesand bayonets. The honor of Belgrade, our capital, must not be stained. Soldiers! Heroes! The supreme command has erased our regiment from its records. Our regiment has been sacrificed for the honor of Belgrade and the Fatherland. Therefore, you no longer need to worry about your lives: they no longer exist. So, forward to glory! For the King and the Fatherland! Long live the King, Long live Belgrade!"
-
Major Gavrilović

I agree with everything bar "you don't have the 'best' of anything" If X nations spends 1000 years building capital ships and nation Z starts building them with 0 knowledge. X nation should and would have superior capital ship designs. This should be backed up by lore and through the RP itself.

Just a quick question I guess...

Are there to be separate maps for this type of RP as most people will be engaging in some type of different lore? Maybe at one point we can piece them together?

Idk just wondering if there will be a person setting up like all that province shit?

Just a quick question I guess...

Are there to be separate maps for this type of RP as most people will be engaging in some type of different lore? Maybe at one point we can piece them together?

Idk just wondering if there will be a person setting up like all that province shit?

Really depends on what people what, I assume. It might actually be prudent to use a map of a planet other than Orbis/Earth (terraformed Mars, maybe? Something else entirely?) so that we don't need to worry about conflicting claims at all and still allow people to interact with Orbisians... Up to general consensus, really. 

Edited by Tylaq Balnook
  • Upvote 1
Roleplay Nations:

Imperial Nalydya

Kingdom of Waikahla-Pohaku'ula

"Your fiction is much greater than our own... We will, of course, defer to your judgement on all things that don't exist."

Really depends on what people what, I assume. It might actually be prudent to use a map of a planet other than Orbis/Earth (terraformed Mars, maybe? Something else entirely?) so that we don't need to worry about conflicting claims at all and still allow people to interact with Orbisians... Up to general consensus, really. 

So you're talking about an overall theme?

To ease confusion i suggest making a subforum for this type of RP. 

Thank you Doctor. 

I believe "different subforum" has been used a multitude of times when describing the new RP. 

As in thats completely !@#$ obvious. 

As in, you're post is unnecessary.

As in, thanks for your input I guess. 

As in, you're the only one confused.

Edited by Mad Max

Well excuuuse me for not paying attention r.r

Why comment on something you:

1. were working so hard against in the first place. 

2. weren't paying attention to

Seems legit.

(Snip)

I mean. This kind of RP will be fun. It's just i'm worried about how it's going to be executed. I like the concept of it when i thought about it for the last five minutes.

The purpose of Organic Role Play is to allow players to role play without in-game restrictions. In-game references can be made, such as; wars, surrenders, embargoes..etc, as long as it relates to the topic being discussed. 

Please read and understand the additional rules, guidelines, and proper posting etiquette before participating in PW National Role Play.

Sub-Forum Rules:

• All standard forum rules apply, click here for the standard forum rules.
  • Impersonation of other alliances or players or their likenesses is simply not tolerated.
  • You are expected to maintain a positive attitude in this community - disrespect to other players is a rule violation.
National RP Guidelines
  • Players should RP within their own means. What this means is although you are presenting a theme/story/genre to the community, you most do so logically - and realistically.
  • You must make reasonable posts and requests from other players in this community.
National RP Posting Etiquette

1.) You are to remain within your own means. This means that you cannot overnight things for your nation.

For example:

One day you have modern technology/weapons and then the next day you post that you have the most advanced technology/weapons.

This isn't to say that you cannot develop your technology, or for that matter, anything in your nation. This is just saying that you actually have to RP the transition and growth of your nation to make it fair for the rest of the RP community. Many nations have a theme built right into them - these themes are derived from RL lore and are also made up of personal lore (lore created by an individual). That being said all lore should be posted in [this thread] so that you know what people are using and you know how you can adapt to National RP with your nation.

In addition, your lore doesn't have to be constrained to a single thread here in this community. If you have a website, wiki page, etc - you can use these in your posts and in the RP Lore Information thread.

2.) You have the option to allow or disallow OOC/IC chatter in your thread.

This means that should you make an RP story/event that you would like to discuss in another thread, you simply post in your OP of your story/event that a new thread will be created for discussion. Within your OP you can also state that this story/event is only between 'select' players - just to keep the RP a bit more clean.

When you create a new thread for the OOC discussions you will use the same topic, but just add a tag like [OOC] or [OOC Discussion] - then in the OP of that new thread, you just link the community to your IC topic for ease-of-access. 

This system allows for a cleaner RP for everyone. You also have the option to carry on your IC discussion through other platforms like IRC (if you're ancient), Discord, Skype, etc...etc..

3.) This is National RP - Not a 140 Character Status Update.

Players of this community are expected to put a little bit more effort than just a few random words in an OP. This is a role playing community, where you role play your nation and your nation's life story. In order for a proper dialogue to develop, players in this community must put in a little effort.

For Example:

BlackBox is a National RP member. He has a modern nation and he plays within the lore of Modern Day America. This is his post this evening:

"President BlackBox of the United States of Box won today's election at 97% of the national vote."

Nobody replied to his post and it got lost in the topic view. Why? Because he used his time to create a status update instead of giving the community something to build off. There is no creativity and there is no effort. They key here is to just provide a little more effort with your story and with replying to other player's stories. Please provide at least a paragraph or two of content.

4.) You are not God.

Zero Tolerance for God-Modding and (or) Meta-Gaming

God-Modding: Taking control of another player's character/nation during role play. You only control your character/nation and no one else's.

Meta-Gaming: Any strategy, action or method used in a game which transcends our rules, uses external factors to affect the Organic RP, or goes beyond the supposed limits or environment set by the Organic RP. 

The key idea here is to play within your means - build your lore - work with the Organic RP community to further your story.

RP Moderation

It is to be understood that Moderation has the final say in regards to reports made or any rule violation. It should also be understood that select moderators are put in charge to oversee this RP Community. These moderators have put in time and effort to help rectify issues and will continue to work with the community and assist the community with whatever is needed to help the RP Community run smoothly and continue to be a source of entertainment.

That being said, each member of this community most Read & Understand these rules as they have been provided to you. Any post in this community is an assumption that you have read & understood each rule - therefore - should you post something that is a violation to these rules Moderation will point you right back to this thread. A violation is a violation.

Thank you and enjoy Politics & War National Role Play!

Changelog:

• Named it to Organic RP
  • Off-site Lore Info added
  • Quality posts updated
  • Fixed point 4

Is there anything else?

You guys want this to be a general theme?

Also, we will need:

1. Organic RP Lore Information Thread (pinned)
  2. Rules Thread (pinned)
  3. Anything else?

Whats the word on the map...map? no map?

also, I'd like to add that I believe it would be fair to:

1. Sign up for the Organic RP

2. Must provide your lore information/links/etc before posting any RP.

It was a pleasure serving this community - Stay Frosty!

Forum Rules ☆ Game Rules ☆ Terms of Service ☆ PW Wiki ☆ IRC

- snip - 

Ultimately, when/if it comes down to it I can put together a map for this RP section. I imagine that because of the general theme still being national RP (not necessarily tied to any one tech level - we actually had more than one modern tech nation RPing along with our FT nations back in the day without issue) we will be having a map. I actually have grown quite partial to the idea of using a terraformed mars map as the main place for people to have multiple claims on one planet - it's still relatively close enough to Orbis/Earth that even MT people can stay in touch without having to worry about conflicting claims and it can also be good for FT people as well. Just some food for thought - I'd like to see what everyone else thinks as well.

Other than that, it looks fine.  

Roleplay Nations:

Imperial Nalydya

Kingdom of Waikahla-Pohaku'ula

"Your fiction is much greater than our own... We will, of course, defer to your judgement on all things that don't exist."

The new Map on Mars sounds like a pretty good idea.  It lets people have land claims on a planet if that's their thing, and said claims are located close enough to Earth that the NatRP folk can contact us ICly if they wish.

I do, however, feel that we should emphasize the positive attitude Four mentioned at the start of this thread.  This should be an exciting way for us to RP, to tell stories or just have a good interactive experience.  Honestly, in many RPs players take casualties from each other in wars and might 'lose', but in the end we should all remember that none of that is a personal attack.  It's a game.  A game that might involve strategy and a strong focus on narration and the need to flesh out your setting (nation) and ideally characters but a game nonetheless.

Otherwise the rules that Four's posted so far seem fairly sound.  I just hope that everyone can maintain the mentality that this really is just fun and games.  No need to get angry if you lose a battle or something. 

The "lore development" clause should be required during sign-up, I think.  We can post a website or just post like a few paragraphs about our nation, tech level, ideology / military doctrine etc. at the start.  As Four has said it can ensure that we have a good idea about what each of us are capable of.  Even if a nation is, say, thousands of years old that shouldn't mean that that nation has free reign to stomp all over us.  But at the same time I'd imagine that a thousand year old nation has the culture and social development to make sound judgments, not for example throw its entire navy at a single planet TO CONQUER IT FOR THE GLORY OF THE EMPIRE because that sounds awfully wasteful and foolish.

• Upvote 1

"The world is a comedy to those that think; a tragedy to those that feel." - Horace Walpole

The "lore development" clause should be required during sign-up, I think. We can post a website or just post like a few paragraphs about our nation, tech level, ideology / military doctrine etc. at the start. As Four has said it can ensure that we have a good idea about what each of us are capable of. Even if a nation is, say, thousands of years old that shouldn't mean that that nation has free reign to stomp all over us. But at the same time I'd imagine that a thousand year old nation has the culture and social development to make sound judgments, not for example throw its entire navy at a single planet TO CONQUER IT FOR THE GLORY OF THE EMPIRE because that sounds awfully wasteful and foolish.

If nothing else, I'll finally have a place to put Kressnia's lore and stuff down.

Good stuff, good stuff.

Edited by Oncaro

Member of the Union of Multiversal States

"No! I must kill the Karlings" he shouted
The dynasty tree said "No, John. You are the Karlings"
And then John was a cadet branch.

I mean, I guess ultimately we have to decide a few things.

• Is their a general theme or location OR is this just a grouping of different worlds/places?
  • Is this tied to our nations directly or is this a free RP that allows you to use any original/non-original themed lore to create a story?

Depending on the answers to the questions above, will result in where this forum will be placed. Either here in nat RP or in the Roleplay forum 

It was a pleasure serving this community - Stay Frosty!

Forum Rules ☆ Game Rules ☆ Terms of Service ☆ PW Wiki ☆ IRC

I mean, I guess ultimately we have to decide a few things.

• Is their a general theme or location OR is this just a grouping of different worlds/places?
  • Is this tied to our nations directly or is this a free RP that allows you to use any original/non-original themed lore to create a story?

Depending on the answers to the questions above, will result in where this forum will be placed. Either here in nat RP or in the Roleplay forum 

I'm ok with either thing. 

If we want to have it centralized around Mars, thats awesome. If we want just a grouping of different lore and locations - that is awesome too. Either way will work just fine. 

I also think that people can choose to have their nations involved - as some people's lore involves their nations directly. The only difference is, there is no restriction on how the nation is used as this is free/organic RP. 

I like the new ideas, and it will be interesting to see how they tie onto orbis affairs and in space affairs..

Would we be doing galaxies or on a planet? 

Edit: Something like Civ BE?? in terms of map where we are on a new world instead? 

Edited by Empress Wolf

sig.gif

I like the new ideas, and it will be interesting to see how they tie onto orbis affairs and in space affairs..

Edit: Something like Civ BE?? in terms of map where we are on a new world instead? 

When I picture this in my head I imagine an RP world that holds on to our RL world/planets/galaxies and other known galaxies and then the lore of the people can stretch our 'known' universe even further. I think that would be cool and it leaves the RP open to just about anything people would like to create.  Just my thought tho,.

Now you are giving me more ideas for roleplay -_-