August

Using Recruitment Bots  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Is Recruitment Bots ethical?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • I'm a member of the HBE or any other alliance that uses recruitment bots

While very annoying and ''cheap'' (in the sense that it's a mere automated message), I wouldn't say that they are unethical.

...except when/if it reaches the NS shenanigans of 4+ invites upon starting, or being invited while you're in an alliance because of registered inactivity.

BRB making a bot that exactly does that

<&Partisan> EAT THE SHIT

<blacklabel> lol @ ever caring about how much you matter in some dumbass nation simulation browser game. what a !@#$in pathetic waste of life

iZHAsgV.png

• 2 weeks later...

I've done recruiting before. It's by far, the most mindless boring task anyone can do. The only thing manual recruiting is good for is that it lets idiots with no skills get into gov, where Peter Principle kicks in and they burn their alliance to the ground.

I think every alliance should just have recruitment messages automated tbh. Recruiting bots at least add a difficulty curve to that part of the game.

The bots are not the end all decider. Smarter players will reply and ask questions. A lot of those bots never reply the questions. So the alliances that rely on recruiting bots miss out on the best players.

The bots are not the end all decider. Smarter players will reply and ask questions. A lot of those bots never reply the questions. So the alliances that rely on recruiting bots miss out on the best players.

The bot has to use an account, and Alex doesn't allow having a "bot" account to send out your messages. At least in my case, the account used is my own. Therefore, I see every reply to my automated messages and am able to reply to them in turn.

I'm fairly sure Yoso's account is used for BK, and Olorin's account is used for VE. So the same is true for them. Have no idea who's account is used for TKR, but the same principle probably applies. Also, not everyone that replies is worth wasting your time with, or would make a good member. Most replies are just morons that think I care if they tell me to go f*** myself etc. Some replies are asking stupid questions that are answered in the original automated message itself which just tells me they didn't bother to read at all, or have very low reading comprehension skills. Very few replies are actually worth replying to at the end of the day, and it gets quite annoying when you have thousands of these going out.

Edited by hadesflames

gkt70Td.png

smh I'm half tempted to use cleverbot to respond to people's replies.

Edited by Yosodog
  • Upvote 1

[22:37:51] <&Yosodog> Problem is, everyone is too busy deciding which top gun character they are that no decision has been made

BK in a nutshell

• 2 weeks later...

While very annoying and ''cheap'' (in the sense that it's a mere automated message), I wouldn't say that they are unethical.

...except when/if it reaches the NS shenanigans of 4+ invites upon starting, or being invited while you're in an alliance because of registered inactivity.

4+... Little more than that, maybe within the first few minutes, but there is a queue to reduce the spam thrown at a nation, so it filters through over the next few days.

There is an ancient world, similar to Orbis, where recruitment is automated. It saves a lot of time and sweat. And it doesn't bother me one bit, because in that world, there are options available for messaging. One of such options is to toggle on/off automated recruitment messages (whether you want to receive any, or not). If automated recruiting is the future on Orbis, then we should adjust to it, and implement the feature. Harmless recruiting bots are harmless.

... Some alliances would even just have a bot send you some automated message. But not us, because we care about {$user.nation}. That's why we don't use automated messages.

//:: This was an automated message from Britannia :://

Nice.

Image result for franklin d roosevelt yalta conference