You All Can Stop Now

Yosodog

I notice Mensa signed no NAP, and coincidentally we're approaching maximum readiness for war again...

Just joking of course.

OR AM I?

• Upvote 2

☾☆

Priest of Dio

just because the Nazis did something doesn't mean it's automatically wrong

Says the guy with the UPN pip. 

Once you go purple you never go... uh... !@#$

• Upvote 4

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

We asked 100-200m reps and we were not even pushing for it seriously. Once we learned Alpha is not willing to pay (which is totally expected), we didn't delay the peace process. You are really going to make a big deal out of it in every thread in AA section?

This, it's worth seeing all the salt though. Please continue. 

The Coalition Discord: https://discord.gg/WBzNRGK

If you truly believed that, then I'll be waiting for you to get reps from NK, Fark and all the other alliances that extensively used nukes this war.

Yes please send us money.

Edit: Directed at people who used nukes, I can clearly see that you're in Arrgh and haven't used any nukes.

Edited by Chunky Monkey

Yes we did declare war first, but all Alpha did is launch nukes one after another. Which means, winning side took a huge loss, even more than the defeated side and the reps that we asked were supposed to, somewhat level the losses. At the same time, we are aware of the fact that we were the aggressors, so we didn't really insist on getting the reps.

More than just asking, what really matters is how things moved forward. But the fact that you are making a big deal out of it, looks like you want to score some PR points against our alliance.

It's not our fault you attacked us without any treaty with Mensa.  At least The Syndicate and Guardian had treaties.  Yet still demanded a large amount of money from a small alliance that was just honoring a treaty request.  I was told that you requested $200m at first and The Coalition also requested $200m for a total of $400m.  That's way more per member than even NPO/UPN were asked to pay initially.  And again, all we were doing is honoring a treaty request from an ally for a war that we didn't even know about until a few days prior.

The initial demand is never the one you're actually after, it's just meant to be a starting point. That's why it's called a negotiation ;)

If they're going to nuke us, cause harm to every nation on Orbis (thanks to the radiation update) and drag out the war, even when it was pretty clear that they couldn't win, then yes, we will ask them to pay for it. Regardless of how or why they entered the war.

You attacked us.  If you don't want to be nuked, the solution is quite simple.  The Coalition didn't even take that many nukes as you guys beiged us as fast as you could and because you kept very high levels of military to stay out of our declare range after round 1.

Alpha didn't drag out this war.  We were ready for peace as soon as NPO got terms it could live with.

Attacking someone you know is going to nuke you, and bandwagonging onto them with so many alliances that the only weapon they can use is nukes, and then asking for a $200m payment from a 19-man alliance for something you knew was going to happen is straight up salty and ridiculous.  It's not like it's a surprise that anyone that attacks Alpha will always take more damage they can do to us and loot from us.  This has been proven in any war we've fought in.  Not a brag obviously as nukes are only a weapon you use in losing wars, just a reality of game mechanics and how we build Alpha nations for this very reason.

The truth of the matter is that it's just griefing at this point.  Anyone can see that.

• Upvote 2

It's not our fault you attacked us without any treaty with Mensa. At least The Syndicate and Guardian had treaties. Yet still demanded a large amount of money from a small alliance that was just honoring a treaty request. I was told that you requested $200m at first and The Coalition also requested $200m for a total of $400m. That's way more per member than even NPO/UPN were asked to pay initially. And again, all we were doing is honoring a treaty request from an ally for a war that we didn't even know about until a few days prior.

You attacked us. If you don't want to be nuked, the solution is quite simple. The Coalition didn't even take that many nukes as you guys beiged us as fast as you could and because you kept very high levels of military to stay out of our declare range after round 1.

Alpha didn't drag out this war. We were ready for peace as soon as NPO got terms it could live with.

Attacking someone you know is going to nuke you, and bandwagonging onto them with so many alliances that the only weapon they can use is nukes, and then asking for a $200m payment from a 19-man alliance for something you knew was going to happen is straight up salty and ridiculous. It's not like it's a surprise that anyone that attacks Alpha will always take more damage they can do to us and loot from us. This has been proven in any war we've fought in. Not a brag obviously as nukes are only a weapon you use in losing wars, just a reality of game mechanics and how we build Alpha nations for this very reason.

The truth of the matter is that it's just griefing at this point. Anyone can see that.

No.

• Upvote 1

The Coalition Discord: https://discord.gg/WBzNRGK

No.

He has a point. You did go on the offensive then demanded reps. That's like telling Alpha they have no right to defend themselves when you attack them, and if they do, they have to pay for defending themselves.

• Upvote 5

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

He has a point. You did go on the offensive then demanded reps. That's like telling Alpha they have no right to defend themselves when you attack them, and if they do, they have to pay for defending themselves.

I would hardly say we demanded ​reps. We initially requested the same amount of money the Chola was asking for. When it became clear that wasn't going to happen, we lowered our request to $30m, while the Chola opted to forgo money entirely. Alpha & co. accepted that offer, so I'm not exactly sure why people have a problem with it suddenly.

As far as the second half of your statement, our reason for asking for money was not because Alpha used nukes to defend itself, it is because they deliberately declared several offensive wars from nations that were about to go out of range for the sole purpose of nuke-turreting down one of our guys. We considered this to be a dirty tactic, and thus requested some money to counter the damage done from those employing that tactic. Our intent was never to punish Alpha for defending itself, merely to recoup losses to what we considered to be poor sportsmanship. We fought in several wars before where nukes were flung at us and have never received any sort of reps for those, including those launched by DEIC this very war.

I would hardly say we demanded ​reps. We initially requested the same amount of money the Chola was asking for. When it became clear that wasn't going to happen, we lowered our request to $30m, while the Chola opted to forgo money entirely. Alpha & co. accepted that offer, so I'm not exactly sure why people have a problem with it suddenly.

As far as the second half of your statement, our reason for asking for money was not because Alpha used nukes to defend itself, it is because they deliberately declared several offensive wars from nations that were about to go out of range for the sole purpose of nuke-turreting down one of our guys. We considered this to be a dirty tactic, and thus requested some money to counter the damage done from those employing that tactic. Our intent was never to punish Alpha for defending itself, merely to recoup losses to what we considered to be poor sportsmanship. We fought in several wars before where nukes were flung at us and have never received any sort of reps for those, including those launched by DEIC this very war.

Still seems like you're telling Alpha they can't defend themselves. It isn't a dirty tactic to try to inflict as much damage as you can before you get knocked out of range, my opinion. I understand why you would ask for the reps, but just disagree with the reasoning.

Hope that $30m rebuilds you nicely. o/

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

Still seems like you're telling Alpha they can't defend themselves. It isn't a dirty tactic to try to inflict as much damage as you can before you get knocked out of range, my opinion. I understand why you would ask for the reps, but just disagree with the reasoning.

Hope that $30m rebuilds you nicely. o/

I can understand why you'd think that, I had hoped to merely present our reasoning so that people can form their own opinions. Unlike some posters around here, it's not up to me to tell you what you should think. :)

Exactly. iirc, they did the same thing to two of our members.

as nukes are only a weapon you use in losing wars, just a reality of game mechanics and how we build Alpha nations for this very reason.

So Alpha nations are built to lose?

Edited by Aerys Targaryen

Exactly. iirc, they did the same thing to two of our members.

So Alpha nations are built to always fight in loosing wars?

Since you won't understand this game, how it works, or even why....... ANYONE who gets multiple wars declared against them will end up LOSING! The game is more about the team effort, using the first strike and out numbering your enemy.

If what your saying is Alpha will lose everytime if it is stacked against an alliance with 100 members? Congrats here is a gold star.

Now will that alliance like Alpha deal more damage than it recieved? Everytime. Hate us for being interested in a way to "win" in our own right? Or just mad that with 5 times the members you still can't do the job right? I know, your just mad cause we don't lay down and die. Even while we stand with zero infra, you lose whole cities. Feel free to further engage me on how I'm wrong and you are the best for winning. I rather enjoy helping the pathological liars realize truth. I also teach blind mice to read. I have even been awarded for my efforts on teaching apes to go.....apeshi t.

I also teach blind mice to read. I have even been awarded for my efforts on teaching apes to go.....apeshi t.

Well colour me impressed. What a rich lifestyle you lead!

Roll Squeegee pact with Redarmy and Ameyuri

Blues Brothers pact with Redarmy

Leader of the Elyion Resistance. If it's backed by NPO, you know it's evil