Dear BK and NPO

Prefonteen

I suppose I should mention this is just my opinion and not the stance of ESD. Just in case people get all 'So ESD thinks this' and such. And has it really been a month and 2 weeks already? Wow.

Just a month I think. He was referring to the past 2 weeks during that month total I think.

q8nfyvc.gif

Oh okay makes sense. Kinda depressing reps talk has to take this long to be honest

Edited by Michael R. Mastrianni

We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.

- Sirius Black, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

Ye1k1M2.png

Ah, we don't mind the shitpostiing. It's all in good fun. There is not much else for most of us to do right now. I mean there are a few people that get butt hurt about things that don't really concern them but that is on them and not on the people involved in the war.

You do realize Flanderlion is taking the piss there, right? A lot of us have given up on engaging seriously here due to all the "salt" and other memes, so you will see some posts like that. I mean if you want to do it, we can't stop you, but it's not really too drastically different from most of the posting here.

I hope that is the case. Its context however sounded like something that the current administration would actually say/demand, unfortunately.

• Upvote 2

I mean, don't let people in your alliance make idiotic remarks about receiving reps when you started the war because you will never know who will take it serious. If you are right, and he knows BK would never accept then don't make the comment? It not only makes your alliance and its members look incompetent but you don't know who will take it serious

On another note, seriously can someone explain why 1 billion in reps is wrong. From what I understand, NPO and UPN attacked BK, correct? If so, it is clear they are on the losing stance of this war, and should be the one paying reps because they were the ones to initiate the attack. They were not the ones attacked. Feel free to correct me if I am missing something.

If your side had to apply the same standard to your members, this forum would be almost empty, though.

We're not trying to dictate what terms people can offer and while reps aren't a great thing, it's not about right or wrong, it's just about whether or not we have an incentive to accept substantial reps. I've gone over the reasons why we don't have any.  Though us paying 1b given our economy is smaller than others doesn't make sense.

I'll list them again one last time since I don't feel like rehashing it.

1. Post-war has nothing to offer us to be excited for from a normal perspective. We used up our last real chance to impact the political game conventionally short of radical changes which have very little chance of happening. Us and our allies would be in an extremely precarious position after this.

2. Immediate Gameplay and interest perspective : peace is boring, so it's not even good for a lot of members and the ones who have gotten more interest will have less reason to pay attention, so if the peace terms are bad enough it's actually really harmful to accept.

3. Arguments have been made on theoretical income we may not achieve based on immediate spending of all remaining funds on infra using high figures(100m a day was never going to happen right away and there's also upkeep like food/uranium/raws involvedl) or not having military. Even doing so would not allow us to have a reserve. Also assumes we're left alone in earnest for enough time.  Given our experiences, we're not really sure this will be the case.

4. There isn't a whole lot of lot of love lost between us and our opposition, and it's difficult to make painful concessions under those circumstances.

Also, it hasn't even been a month. This war started on September 10th. A lot of us are used to fighting much longer wars.

I hope that is the case. Its context however sounded like something that the current administration would actually say/demand, unfortunately.

While I've highlighted stats to show we didn't feel we made a mistake by pursuing a gamble here since we preferred it to fighting another defensive conflict even if it was  a loss, I've never used it to justify demands on the opposition. I get a lot of the defiant rhetoric can come off as pompous or us seemingly thinking we're in a position of superiority, but it comes down more to us having little to lose.

Edited by Roquentin
  • Upvote 1

While I've highlighted stats to show we didn't feel we made a mistake by pursuing a gamble here since we preferred it to fighting another defensive conflict even if it was  a loss, I've never used it to justify demands on the opposition. I get a lot of the defiant rhetoric can come off as pompous or us seemingly thinking we're in a position of superiority, but it comes down more to us having little to lose.

As long as your entire Alliance is backing you up on this play, enjoy. But if they are not, well...

As long as your entire Alliance is backing you up on this play, enjoy. But if they are not, well...

There hasn't really been any advocacy for accepting the terms. If there are people who are for paying substantial reparations then they aren't speaking up.  In any case, we would end up alienating a lot more people  by going with the desires of a minority, and the burden would largely be on the majority.

There hasn't really been any advocacy for accepting the terms. If there are people who are for paying substantial reparations then they aren't speaking up. In any case, we would end up alienating a lot more people by going with the desires of a minority, and the burden would largely be on the majority.

NO YOUR SALTY AND INCOMPETANT. REMEMBER THAT YOU WERE SUPPOSEDLY HURTING THE AVERAGE NPO MEMBER?

PURGE ROQUENTIN 2016

:sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:               :sheepy:              :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy:

Greatkitteh was here.-

Apparently NPOs best decision is to burn instead and we should respect that. I kinda forgot that NPO members don't really play the game anyhow, so I can see why they wouldn't mind burning. So to each their own, I guess we'll have to settle for prolonged war.

"Experience demands that man is the only animal which devours his own kind, for I can apply no milder term to the general prey of the rich on the poor."

Apparently NPOs best decision is to burn instead and we should respect that. I kinda forgot that NPO members don't really play the game anyhow, so I can see why they wouldn't mind burning. So to each their own, I guess we'll have to settle for prolonged war.

No, we should pay $1 billion reps. Seems legit

:sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:               :sheepy:              :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy:

Greatkitteh was here.-

Yeah, you should. The wars already over, you lost. Pay your dues and we can al be on our way. It's that simple.

There wont be "our way" after this war, so nah FOR STEVE!

Greatkitteh was here.-

Simple problem means simple solution. Next time you win a war, ask 1billion in reps from BK.

Kek at least NPO knows how to ask, not ransom.

Greatkitteh was here.-

So far they lost 4-5 members to inactivity(45 days inactivity) and a few more are on their way.

Go on about how much members you made UPN lose to desertion?

Greatkitteh was here.-

Simple problem means simple solution. Next time you win a war, ask 1billion in reps from BK.

It will be a lot more than one billion

https://i.imgur.com/Jg0gWBo.mp4

You're actually reading this?

"Trade-ever trade and the increasing of their fortunes- seems to have occupied their minds above all else."[/center]

You know you left with us too right?

Well, in my defense I left for OOC (aka not IC) reasons. I guess you did too so we're cool Tto clan and we need to Purge Victor.

7VaQ5VW.jpg

Not sure what dark times you are talking about.

5XeXF71.png

Maybe you need to pressure BK somemore?

Fortunately, BK got rekt enough. Sucks to get rekted by an alliance that's led by salty incompetant Roquentin hurting the average member and leaving the game?? en masse. Also, apperently our high tier (sorry T-Pain) is going to get rolled by a member. Shit.

Edited by greatkitteh

Greatkitteh was here.-

I actually made the point that not a lot of players quit, but there seem to be many on the path:

Here's a graph showing the most inactive players sorted from Z->A

5y1Qy5c.png

Since I first made the argument that NPO will lose players to activity, the actual numbers of inactive players has declined but that is due to the fact that 

a) They gained at least 2 members

B) Their inactive members got deleted, or left

The amount of inative players has overall risen, but not by any significant amount. I still suspect these numbers will continue unless NPO does something internally to bring back these players.

Edited by Beatrix