Kemal's Guide on How to Git Gud

Kemal Ergenekon

Quite charitable of you Kemal. 

Well, if you don't know now you know. 

PvczX3n.jpg?1

“ Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination. â€

–The First Ideal of the Windrunners,

You quite literally don't play them game. The only reason your presence is tolerated here is poor mod practices.

Implying all these trolls don't have more than one account

☾☆

Priest of Dio

just because the Nazis did something doesn't mean it's automatically wrong

The OP is the best forum post I've read to date. 10/10 in pretty much every aspect. Which reminds me... I myself have to git gud coz I'm still a filthy heathen by not following God Emperor Dio Brando.  :blush:

In all seriousness tho, I hope people accept this act of solidarity from Kemal and just learn these basics, for their alliance's sake and for their own. Refusing to improve yourself and your alliance by thinking your way is the right way and then the results don't back you up, you gotta look in the mirror and have the humility to admit you were worng. There's no shame in that, but if you refuse to learn from your mistakes,, you deserve your lack of success. I'm not talking about anyone or any alliance in particular here, btw.

And don't be a Sweede. That's pig-disgusting.

Gg!  :ehm:

Edited by Insert Name Here
  • Upvote 1

I was a little annoyed that he actually said the basics of how to get good but then I realized none of you will listen anyway.

Praise Dio

• Upvote 3

☾☆

Priest of Dio

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

6m0xPQ1.gif

Completely accurate guide.  Doing these basic things will result in a vast improvement among any alliance out there.  The hardest parts are making sure people are doing what you suggest (warchests, correct builds, yada yada yada), keeping people engaged (which is surprisingly hard to do other than to create drama), and the actual politics of the game.  Good post.  Hoping this is read by the greater Orbis community.

Devoting you'r life to Khorne works too.
Tho he might not accept you.
If interested contact you'r local Khonite priest and/or chaos cultist.

Ole, shame on you.  Khorne accepts all into his throne or goblet.  Whether he considers you worthy of his praise...well, that only depends if you git gud.

GPA don't play the game either if we apply a very tight definition of "playing the game". 

Niiiiice.

Edited by Bambino

Ole, shame on you.  Khorne accepts all into his throne or goblet.  Whether he considers you worthy of his praise...well, that only depends if you git gud.

While it is true that Khorne eventually takes all into his glory some mearly have their blood drained and their skull bleached, while outhers, you may find most of them in Terminus Est, will after they fall reside by his side untill chaos consumes all. And they may be reborn in his image.*

*Eternal rewards and rebrith may vary and are subject to terms and conditions.

• Upvote 1

Ole2.png

1500 infra to 2000 infra per city has a 6 to 1 economic payout compared to city 17(and that's not even including the added costs of having another city: improvement construction and maintainance), and it really opens up your economy when you that many improvement slots.  It allows you to fight AND still produce stuff.

Put another way, i'd have to lose that infra 6 times for the city to have been a better choice economically speaking.  Granted, I have lost that infra several times now.

Edited by Aisha Greyjoy

Duke of House Greyjoy

• Wiki Mod

Except that infra also bloats your score, will almost never actually achieve RoI, & contributes nothing to your military.

Edited by Dr Rush

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

1500 infra to 2000 infra per city has a 6 to 1 economic payout compared to city 17(and that's not even including the added costs of having another city: improvement construction and maintainance), and it really opens up your economy when you that many improvement slots.  It allows you to fight AND still produce stuff.

Put another way, i'd have to lose that infra 6 times for the city to have been a better choice economically speaking.  Granted, I have lost that infra several times now.

Additional infra must break-even within x months to be even *profitable*, where 1/x is your war frequency.

• Upvote 2
77oKn5K.png

You will build only and only according to the order of profitability. PROFIT PER SLOT >>>>>>>> SELF SUFFICIENCY. Self sufficiency in a resource isn't worth jackshit, because you already need to have vast stockpiles of everything in your war-chest in any case. Produce the more profitable shit to buy more of what you need. Learn to use the market. This is called efficiency. The opposite is called ignorance and/or laziness.

An important consideration in determining profitability is also about which projects you have. Which brings us to the next section...

Do you have the right projects?

As long as you are not one of the top nations, having an Iron Dome is a no-brainer. It prevents your enemies from eating away your infra in the wars with cheap missiles even if they are losing half the time. This is the only mandatory project, and its value diminishes as you move to the top.

Nuclear Research Facility and Missile Launch Pads aren't worth much. It's fun to lob missiles at stupid people without an Iron Dome when you have the MAP to spare, but we are assuming that you are reading this guide to git gud, and your opponents are most likely not so clueless as to not have Iron Dome. So just forget it. There are better projects. Nukes? I won't even comment on them. They are a loser's weapon, only to be used if your whole side is wrecked. We are trying to make you git gud, so drop that one as well. It's only really effective against great whales with 2500+ infra or so, and even then it's arguable due to giving your enemy beige-shield.

The two other projects that are militarily worthwhile are the Intelligence Agency and the Propaganda Bureau. I think they are good, but I would probably rank them as equivalent or a little bit worse than the best econ projects. Opinions vary.

As far as econ projects go, it depends on the market prices, and how long you can wait to break-even on your capital. The steel and gas projects have been quite profitable for a long while. The projects for alum and mun also show up sometime. Some people swear by the uranium project, but that requires you to be on a particular continent. Then there is the farm project: This is great if you have a lot of land per city (2500+), but because of this, it has a great initial investment cost. It's more suitable for whales. So is the commerce project -- it's value per day is great, but it's so expensive that it takes a great while for it to pay back the initial investment. It was 200+ days for my 15 city, 1700 infra nation. Lastly, there is the cheap infra project. It's return is higher if you enter an alliance war very frequently, which is true for me. Still I would rank it below the gas and steel projects.

I just wanted to point out that Aluminium and Gas projects are the most profitable once you account for slot combinations and things like upkeep. Prices are a bit all over the place at the moment but it'll likely stabilize back to that.

Profit per slot is all well and good, but unless you have unlimited slots to work with, you need to consider profit as a whole and what is the best combination of slots you can have. One resource might have a higher profit per slot but potentially lock you out of another resource (especially with refined resources), and your overall income will drop as a result.

Also, Uranium and Food projects beat out refined projects hands down. Especially with recent updates to food. It isn't worth it unless you have 2500 land to be fair, like you said, but you can build to that fairly cheaply with a solid build and better income.

Also raw resources over > refined resources.

Also if you are in any other continent besides Africa, git gud.

Edited by Sketchy

XLL3z4T.gif

I have an easier guide:

- Have good leaders. (I was at my worst in Alpha, they wanted me to buy nukes)

- Listen to them. (I didn't get nukes).

- Don't praise Dio, it results in sandy vaginas. 

- ???

- Profit. 

• Upvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif

I have an easier guide:

- ???

- Profit. 

^^^^^THIS^^^^^  Everything right there is "Da Troof".......Preach on Brutha Pre.......Preach on!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

X4EfkAB.png

I have an easier guide:

- ???

- Profit.

So you say TEst is good because of you? Not In spite of you? â¤ï¸

• Upvote 1

Ole2.png

I have an easier guide:

- ???

- Profit. 

66930626.jpg

• Upvote 2

I just wanted to point out that Aluminium and Gas projects are the most profitable once you account for slot combinations and things like upkeep. Prices are a bit all over the place at the moment but it'll likely stabilize back to that.

Profit per slot is all well and good, but unless you have unlimited slots to work with, you need to consider profit as a whole and what is the best combination of slots you can have. One resource might have a higher profit per slot but potentially lock you out of another resource (especially with refined resources), and your overall income will drop as a result.

Also, Uranium and Food projects beat out refined projects hands down. Especially with recent updates to food. It isn't worth it unless you have 2500 land to be fair, like you said, but you can build to that fairly cheaply with a solid build and better income.

Also raw resources over > refined resources.

Also if you are in any other continent besides Africa, git gud.

"I just wanted to point out that Aluminium and Gas projects are the most profitable once you account for slot combinations and things like upkeep."

You always take those into account. We are talking about profits. The ranking changes with prices. Gas has been solid for months. Steel is sometimes superseded by Alum or Mun, but that's usually temporary.

What combination of slots are you talking about? You look at the profitability of all potential buildings you can have, and build the most profitable first, second most profitable next, etc etc.. If you are talking about producing the inputs yourself as well, see my point about self-sufficiency being rubbish. You can buy the inputs on the market.

Food project has a huge sunk cost of investment. It doesn't beat the other projects if you have low cities/infra/land.

Most raw resource profit-per-slot numbers are exceeded by manufacturing profit-per-slot with the associated project.

77oKn5K.png