Rose's Surrender

Belisarius

And you hit us for no reason this time, so maybe next time make sure you can "Git Gud"

We are? Does NPO seriously not think BK has leverage because we were dog-piled in the first round of the war?

Yeah, I think your in a position to demand $500 million. Totally

:sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:               :sheepy:              :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy:

Greatkitteh was here.-

And you hit us for no reason this time, so maybe next time make sure you can win a war you start.

It was an elementary love tap, like kids do in elementary school when they have a 'crush' on you.

• Upvote 2

Yeah, I think your in a position to demand $500 million. Totally

So if you were in BK's position now last war what would you asked for? Would you just have let everyone go on their merry way with no punishment?

• Downvote 1

So if you were in BK's position now last war what would you asked for? Would you just have let everyone go on their merry way with no punishment?

No point in arguing. Their views are right and the only ones

• Upvote 1

tbh Hans would put something really lenient knowing how UPN (alliance that war) operates.

:sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:               :sheepy:              :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy:

Greatkitteh was here.-

You people are misunderstanding what reparations are, which is ironic given many of your personal histories.

Your well being during reparations isn't a matter of concern for us beyond ensuring our payments go uninterrupted. Protection beyond that is kindness from us.

Your well being after reparations isn't a matter of concern for us, period.

The impact reps will have on your rebuild or post-war economy isn't a matter of concern for us, period.

If you want to know who is responsible for the demand for reps, you need only look in the mirror. $800m is a cheap bill to foot.

You only have as much leverage as you're given in terms of extracting reps.

An anaconda can only tighten when its prey exhales.

I think you'll find this continued war much more inconvenient for you than it will be for us.

So? Our enemies have no concern for our welfare, as previously stated. If we also don't care, you're the only one shedding any tears on our account.

Do YOU care about your members? Because it sure doesn't seem like it based off of NPO's gov lack of willingness to stand down after they led their members to slaughter.

• Downvote 1

So? Our enemies have no concern for our welfare, as previously stated. If we also don't care, you're the only one shedding any tears on our account.

I'm telling you that NPO will suffer most from the decision of your government & your first response is "So?" ?

Edited by Beatrix

I'm telling you that NPO will suffer most from the decision of your government & your first response is "So?" ?

He's part of the NPO government. With the betrayal of its allies and members, I can't say I'm all that surprised about the forum conduct of NPO's government.

They are, quite simply, dragging this out because of their immeasurable arrogance.

• Upvote 1

This isn't really about what's evil and what isn't. The mact of the fatter is that if you ask for something we won't give, then you have no real way of making us do so unless we choose to. If you've decided that holding us to that end is worth the investment, then go ahead. We've already decided your asking price isn't worth ours.

He's part of the NPO government. With the betrayal of its allies and members, I can't say I'm all that surprised about the forum conduct of NPO's government.

They are, quite simply, dragging this out because of their immeasurable arrogance.

Think your bottom tier is complaining a lot more than our alliance is/will. We just did the economic calculations, and we can do this indefinitely, or until you pay us the 1 billion in reps, or however much we are asking for now - should be going up with your losses in the war. This war has done miracles for pretty much every stat I have - so thank you.

Do YOU care about your members? Because it sure doesn't seem like it based off of NPO's gov lack of willingness to stand down after they led their members to slaughter.

Just going to nip in this the bud and try to address this in a comprehensive fashion. You have some serious misconceptions if you think people want to pay exorbitant reps to an alliance that previously attacked them for reasons we consider jokes at best and griefed them throughout the war. I can understand you guys are upset about getting hit and such, but you're not really looking at it from outside of that and the myopia is best exemplified by Holton's post. I don't expect you to be sympathetic to our perspective, but you're not seeing it at all. 

This is kind of the issue. You guys have continually treated this as disconnected from the last war when it it is more or a less direct consequence of that. The game is at a point where it is attack or be attacked.  Which has gotten better results?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mBwjn9P0GssrXv6JZD9qG0fnMLIyGs40L-Mw9ipwL1c/edit#gid=1592068419

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BVOQv4r2MYPZEfQoJgcokGrZagxqL1oeJxNMSdZsnh0/edit#gid=1456867854

The situation we were in prior to the war was made clear to everyone and it was extremely bleak. The fact that we managed to get the support we did was a lucky break.  We had little to lose to here and everything to gain so we were willing to roll the dice and we still don't have much to lose. Everyone knew the risks.

Additionally, the stakes for this war were made clear on here in terms of it being the last real chance to do something militarily  to reverse the trend of  dominance short of radical shake-ups. The fact that you seem to think there's a huge incentive for anyone to want peace at such a cost is divorced from any sense of realism. Holton's "i'm a big shot here and I petitioned for reps" shtick is amusing, though especially the bragging on irc. The only reason we initially considered paying anything was due to you holding our allies at war. 

Winning isn't everything and the excessive sense of victor's justice here is one we're not really inclined to further. Peace is useless on these terms and in the current situation the game is in terms of the balance of power. A wretched peace is worse than war. 

You seem to think everyone shares the same values and motivations. While a particular grouping can dominate militarily,  a cultural hegemoney can only be fully exerted if people buy into the values of a group. In so far as we cannot defeat them militarily, we maintain our independence by taking a stand. While I get the general tone of the game is one where the pixels you have are all that matters and that everyone should do whatever it takes to preserve or get back to growing them, there are things that are more important to us.  No one is that desperate to play sim city for 2-4 months so the same pre-scripted patterns can take place especially given the stage the game is at where there aren't enough competitive alliances and the wear and tear on some that were increases. I've made it pretty clear that the type of  thinking that's prominent here is extremely problematic in our eyes.

edit: Also flanderlion is joking if that isn't clear, so don't blow that comment out of proportion. 

Edited by Roquentin
  • Upvote 1

This argument about how members will suffer has always been a silly one in every universe it gets played out in. In this one it is particularly silly because the alternative you are offering is paying a giant amount of what could be our rebuild fund for the privilege of getting jumped on in three months again. It's cheaper and more internally justifiable to continue fighting.

• Upvote 1

This argument about how members will suffer has always been a silly one in every universe it gets played out in. In this one it is particularly silly because the alternative you are offering is paying a giant amount of what could be our rebuild fund for the privilege of getting jumped on in three months again. It's cheaper and more internally justifiable to continue fighting.

Except the amount of reps you'd be paying is *utterly inconsequential* compared to the opportunity costs of continuing a pointless war, and also compared to how much you guys generally make in taxes once you are rebuilt.  

Keep making them excuses though.  If you really believe what you said, your alliance must be terribly fiscally mismanaged.

• Upvote 3