Rose's Surrender

Belisarius

I don't think you really "get it". We're listing the reasons we're not incentivized to agree to your conditions. At this point, you threw away offers you already had on the table. You can keep up the whole righteous indignation thing which is hypocritical given your own actions, but we don't use that to make our own valuation and at this point it should be clear. The constant condescension doesn't help either. Our stance on the fact that we would see no reason to pay large amounts was made known prior to it and you knew what would happen when you demanded it.

If you want to keep thinking it's in our interest to kowtow to your demands, you'll know why we don't agree to them. Maybe things would be different if the negotiations had been handled differently and more realistically and you showed any amount of respectfulness during them. You didn't and that's why where we are at. There was never any reason for us to pay a proportionally higher amount than the high amounts already charged to alliances that have bigger economies and it'd be a horrible precedent to set.

I do get it. I understand where you are coming from when you refuse to pay the amount of reps we ask for because of the precarious situation (arguably caused by yourselves) you guys are in. The point is, you guys are directly responsible for smashing "our car", irregardless of whatever amount you think you should pay, our government is going to decide how much they think they should be compensated, and they are going to push for it however they want. I won't comment on the condescension, since both side are guilty and it is the way things are done around here. Your stance of refusing to pay the large amount of reps is not going to discourage us from demanding it if the leader decides that is the amount they have to be paid. Whether you and the government can reach a compromise is something to be seen.

We are not thinking of your interests when we ask you to accept our demands, the point that was made was it is in your economic interest to accept the demand. Whether you think it is in your interests when it involves other factors is up for you to judge, and I am not going to comment on it since I am not privy to your goals and interest. Things would obviously be different if negotiations were handled in a manner where emotions does not matter but alas, it is nigh impossible 99% of the time when it involves humans. Forgive us if we seem rude and condescending but after the shitposting done by both sides over the months, obviously the winners are going to gloat and spite the losers, especially when your side made the first move and lost. For you at least, we could at least hold a proper conversation despite our differences but members of your coalition and other members of NPO have regularly degenerated the conversation into a whinefest and spend the last 20 over pages trying to justify the losses and missteps of ParaCov. There is never going to be a resolution to this conflict on OWF.

You see that there is no reason for you to pay such a large amount of reps, but neither is there a reason for us to lower our demands, especially with all the slingshots that is going on. The idea of setting a precedent of paying too large an amount of rep is going to be subjective, since there is no fair neutral party to decide the amount of reps that should be paid but the precedence of aggressors being made to pay reps for losing has been made since god knows when.

• Upvote 1

If I were attacked and my side won I would be okay with white peace. I guess I don't have self respect :(

By that I wasn't referring to the concept of white peace itself. I was talking about how the losers came back with a lowball offer of what we felt was fair. Similar to how TFP refused the flag despite Test thinking that was an acceptable punishment. 

Now I have a question for you. How long are you willing to keep kicking a dead horse before letting it go without reps?

Thats why TC is still in the war. Rather than keeping Alpha style situation we will bring everyone down. Worst case BK doesn't grow, but neither will TC or NPO. This means our allies are able to grow and next war only BK will be stunted on our side but a large majority of their side will be.

I can understand why yall want money. That doesn't instill in us a sense of obligation to provide it. The lack of respect side of things only goes to a pattern of distrust that removes any real interest in peace for us. Paying money for the privilege of building back into ranges where we're vulnerable when we won't be able to afford to defend ourselves versus maintaining this level and continuing to fight doesn't really have an appeal.

It's all very well and good that yall don't care, we just don't make a habit of buying a flawed product just for the sake of pleasing others. I couldn't care less if the number goes higher or stays the same. Continuing the war for us is more sustainable than ending it with a bad peace and starting the cycle over again. Fairness has nothing to do with it.

By that I wasn't referring to the concept of white peace itself. I was talking about how the losers came back with a lowball offer of what we felt was fair. Similar to how TFP refused the flag despite Test thinking that was an acceptable punishment.

Thats why TC is still in the war. Rather than keeping Alpha style situation we will bring everyone down. Worst case BK doesn't grow, but neither will TC or NPO. This means our allies are able to grow and next war only BK will be stunted on our side but a large majority of their side will be.

Quick note: It's too large a majority to be a "next war" as VE is getting closer to Syndisphere and Rose is dropping fast. They're literally your only competition unless you go after TEst or randomly hit Valyria/SK. So again, there won't be a "next war.' Edited by Kastor

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

Quick note: It's too larhe a majority to be a "next war" as VE is getting closer to Syndisphere and Rose is dropping fast. They're literally your only competition unless you go after TEst or randomly hit Valyria/SK. So again, there won't be a "next war.'

This. Congradualations on "hegemoney"

:sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:               :sheepy:              :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy:

Greatkitteh was here.-

Quick note: It's too large a majority to be a "next war" as VE is getting closer to Syndisphere and Rose is dropping fast. They're literally your only competition unless you go after TEst or randomly hit Valyria/SK. So again, there won't be a "next war.'

Either way having NPO's allies be tied down puts pressure on them. NPO obviously doesn't care what we think, but maybe their allies hold some influence and can make them decide to quit. If not, well we can keep this up forever.

Either way having NPO's allies be tied down puts pressure on them. NPO obviously doesn't care what we think, but maybe their allies hold some influence and can make them decide to quit. If not, well we can keep this up forever.

They of until you demanded $400 million from them

:sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:               :sheepy:              :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy:

Greatkitteh was here.-

Quick note: It's too large a majority to be a "next war" as VE is getting closer to Syndisphere and Rose is dropping fast. They're literally your only competition unless you go after TEst or randomly hit Valyria/SK. So again, there won't be a "next war.'

But we are warm, cuddly, fuzzy and adorable once you get passed the Bloody Armor, Dripping Gore and Sharp, Pointy Spikes.

Edited by Lo Pan

Well, not every war has to domino down all the alliances and protectorates of the game. Maybe it's time to have a few small scale wars without it erupting into a world war.

Considering people are just consolidating power and signing more not less treaties, I highly doubt that will happen.

Game needs a paper reset at this point. Go back to the days when every top 30 AA wasn't signed to someone who was signed to someone who was signed to someone etc.

XLL3z4T.gif

Well someone will crack eventually. I doubt it will be us, so you can ask which of your allies it will be.

Demand $2 Billion then!

Edited by greatkitteh

Greatkitteh was here.-

At this point the people responding to them must be doing it to keep the page count up. Otherwise I suspect you would be a closet masochist. 

• Upvote 2

PvczX3n.jpg?1

“ Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination. â€

–The First Ideal of the Windrunners,

At this point the people responding to them must be doing it to keep the page count up. Otherwise I suspect you would be a closet masochist.

Sadly, Greatkitteh spam cannot be reintroduced for two months.

Greatkitteh was here.-

We should demand $10M more in reps from NPO for every day they drag this shit on.

THE REPS JUST GOT TEN MIL HIGHER

Should just redeclare on AAs that already peaced and have them deal with these clowns if they want peace lmao

Show them the real power of the Hegemoney

Edited by Jacob Moore
Lxr4VfE.png