Rose's Surrender

Belisarius

Then quit. If you have decided you have no hope, then you actually have none & are just wasting your time & ours. Quit, & let the non sucky people actually have time to break up & mythical T$-Mensa war to happen.

We simply have no hope of playing the game in a conventional matter of sphere vs sphere and we will be playing it radically differently. We're not really here to deal with you and we don't really care about you outside of you making yourselves an issue for us. As long as our community exists, that's all the reason we need to play.  

But if you guys never agree to peace then you'll never have a chance to improve your situation.

Well, we wanted to peace out. Those peace terms were yanked out from under us. 

We didn't enjoy being toyed with during peace terms. You held us to more war to accomplish nothing but piss us off.

Edited by Pangui
0Lovl.png

I say the winner has already shown it's superior capabilities and did more damage. It just doesn't feel like the winners are being good ones. Grace and being humble goes a long way. It may even end this cycle of perpetual hate.

Unfortunately Apeman, we have about every recent war in the history of Orbis to disprove this flimsy point

01:58:39 <BeowulftheSecond> Belisarius of The Byzantine Empire has sent your nation $0.00, 0.00 food, 0.00 coal, 0.00 oil, 0.00 uranium, 0.00 lead, 0.00 iron, 0.00 bauxite, 0.00 gasoline, 0.00 munitions, 1,000.00 steel, and 0.00 aluminum from the alliance bank of Rose.
01:58:46 <BeowulftheSecond> someone please explain 
01:59:12 <%Belisarius> sleep deprivatin is a &#33;@#&#036; @_@
01:59:14 â€” %Belisarius shrugs
01:59:18 <BeowulftheSecond> we're at WAR. WE ARE BURNING EACH OTHER'S PIXELS

Just wanting to step in really quick to say this.

Please stop using the "quit the game" argument. I'm sure everyone can decide when they want to quit the game or not. I certainly decided on that (only to find that as a mistake), guess I shouldn't have 'quit the game' now should I?

• Upvote 1

Unfortunately Apeman, we have about every recent war in the history of Orbis to disprove this flimsy point

When were you ever humble? If anything, the hubris on your side has only increased. Your side has never shown an ounce of good will in victory. You have been like the worst possible winners you could be.

• Upvote 1

We simply have no hope of playing the game in a conventional matter of sphere vs sphere and we will be playing it radically differently.

So...You'll be going paperless?

new_forum_sig_2.png

We didn't enjoy being toyed with during peace terms. You held us to more war to accomplish nothing but piss us off.

Yeah that's my bad. sorry not sorry no take backs. Always been a dream of mine to manipulate BK into hold UPN at war forever.

Guest Curufinwe

Pls rename this thread from "Roses Surrender" to "Public NPO-BK Peace talks"

We're going for 20 pages of talking past each other and we're already halfway there!  Wish us luck!

If only NPO didn't try to botch up the alliance's bank by sending it to a newly created player who had no desire to build~

Anyways BK, how does it feel to have your own personal rival alliance now?!

It's everything we could have dreamed of and more.  Now if they'll just call us 'snakes in the grass' about 50 times in a row we'll know for sure that we've finally made it.

The fact the losers, lose more than the winners regardless of initial aggression, is what makes reps silly. So now not only has rose lost more but also must set itself months behind while you get extra cash and months ahead on rebuild makes it so lop sided it hurts.

This game might as well become a state run off ransom. Pay me and we won't stomp you then make you pay anyways for losing.

I say the winner has already shown it's superior capabilities and did more damage. It just doesn't feel like the winners are being good ones. Grace and being humble goes a long way. It may even end this cycle of perpetual hate.

Didn't you try to blackmail GPA for 1b a while back?  I'm pretty sure that fits the definition of 'ransom' pretty well...

When were you ever humble? If anything, the hubris on your side has only increased. Your side has never shown an ounce of good will in victory. You have been like the worst possible winners you could be.

Yes, because you didn't get white peace last war right?

• Upvote 1

I'm not talking about UPN.

[22:37:51] <&Yosodog> Problem is, everyone is too busy deciding which top gun character they are that no decision has been made

BK in a nutshell

Not sure if anti-tS plug or serious

I will give you the benefit of the doubt, knowing that you've only been here for two wars and therefore the most horrible ones

01:58:39 <BeowulftheSecond> Belisarius of The Byzantine Empire has sent your nation $0.00, 0.00 food, 0.00 coal, 0.00 oil, 0.00 uranium, 0.00 lead, 0.00 iron, 0.00 bauxite, 0.00 gasoline, 0.00 munitions, 1,000.00 steel, and 0.00 aluminum from the alliance bank of Rose.
01:58:46 <BeowulftheSecond> someone please explain 
01:59:12 <%Belisarius> sleep deprivatin is a &#33;@#&#036; @_@
01:59:14 â€” %Belisarius shrugs
01:59:18 <BeowulftheSecond> we're at WAR. WE ARE BURNING EACH OTHER'S PIXELS

The fact the losers, lose more than the winners regardless of initial aggression, is what makes reps silly. So now not only has rose lost more but also must set itself months behind while you get extra cash and months ahead on rebuild makes it so lop sided it hurts.

While I agree that $1b is a little steep for a single alliance, that's between Rose and whomever they negotiated with. BK had no spot at that table and will see nothing from Rose.

The winners aren't the good ones? NPO -- also known as the "losers" -- were the aggressors and periodically brag about the infra damage they dealt.

We have no reason to be "humble" when NPO shows us nothing but contempt in private and out in the open.

"but you attacked us without provocation!" 

Sure, and we could have held you at war for much longer and asked for reps if we had been like the worst possible winners we could be. So basically you guys are doing what you always do, throw out copious amounts of bullshit to see if it will stick.

Sure, and we could have held you at war for much longer and asked for reps if we had been like the worst possible winners we could be. So basically you guys are doing what you always do, throw out copious amounts of bullshit to see if it will stick.

We were pretty nice to give you guys white peace instead of asking for reps after you attacked us without provocation, all in all.

We were pretty nice to give you guys white peace instead of asking for reps after you attacked us without provocation, all in all.

I realize full well you're being tongue-in-cheek, but surely even you realize how different the scenarios are.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt, knowing that you've only been here for two wars and therefore the most horrible ones

You guys haven't been the greatest of winners but nothing over the top imo.

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

I realize full well you're being tongue-in-cheek, but surely even you realize how different the scenarios are.

Well yeah. It's almost as if this isn't some kind of principled stance and is merely opportunistic, based on circumstance.

Well yeah. It's almost as if this isn't some kind of principled stance and is merely opportunistic, based on circumstance.

As though opportunism doesn't rule this world. Let's not pretend anyone is truly "principled". Opportunism is what dictates all of our decisions. You preempted us because you saw an opportunity with a favorable circumstance - there's no real difference.

Stop acting like you have no connection to NPO. Yes, we offered you terms, and you were even reasonable in what you were willing to accept. Then YOUR ally that YOU started this war with was unreasonable. They kept you in this war, not us. You don't get to decide when you get out of this war while your ally keeps us in it.

• Upvote 1

You were never humble.  I've been here for more. I and others have  had to deal with your side's bullshit for a long time actually. I mean, Eumir decides to push the persona to an extreme to troll, but there is a basis for people thinking it's somewhat reflective of the tS side due to how you guys act in general. In every war, you were as boastful and arrogant as possible. There was never any real good will extended except to those you saw as being potential swing alliances. You went out of your way to stigmatize specific alliances and people to the greatest possible extent. The signs of how you guys would develop were there from the very start. I can't remember a single instance where you were graceful in victory except when you wanted to ODP the alliance and the motivations were always questionable there.

• Upvote 1

Stop acting like you have no connection to NPO. Yes, we offered you terms, and you were even reasonable in what you were willing to accept. Then YOUR ally that YOU started this war with was unreasonable. They kept you in this war, not us. You don't get to decide when you get out of this war while your ally keeps us in it.

Wow poor BK. They may come out of this war richer but their souls will always be hardened because we "forced" them to keep UPN in.

Wow poor BK. They may come out of this war richer but their souls will always be hardened because we "forced" them to keep UPN in.

Heh. I mean, you didn't really "force" us to. We just felt it was the best course of action based on how you were approaching our rep demands. But I mean, either way it is your fault, so sure.

• Upvote 1