September 26th US Presidential Debate

Thalmor

In about an hour from now, Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton will be facing off in one of three debates. It will go on for 90 minutes, split into 6 15-minute sessions.

I know Fox News will be livestreaming it. I'm sure other news stations and websites will be livestreaming it to. I'm watching Mister Metokur's stream of it.

It's gonna be gud

• Upvote 1

new_forum_sig_2.png

Don't die on stage Crooked, even your biggest detractors don't want that.

These type of things have a tendency to disappoint and we have no idea how they will do this debate. Will Clinton default or go into full on attack mode as she has been lately? Will Trump default or let Clinton destroy herself. We'll see shortly.

Trump got torn apart and if you don't agree with that then you are biased and naive.

Yeah, overall I think she did incredibly well (at least comparatively).

Politifact is already on it, too. The results are as you may expect. :P

xzhPlEh.png?1

Trump got some good hits in but missed a lot of chances I felt. Some examples being Clinton talking about imprisonment of young (minority) males for too long for so little and that women apparently should earn the same if they do a worse job was where a key interjection would have torn her apart. He stumbled with his words 3 or so times with one being particularly amusing. Some injections were good but a good deal were wasted or unnecessary. On some questions due to him wanting to continue on previous ones meant he didn't give an answer, and he really should have notes so he can keep on track.

His positives from this is some of these issues he can't be hit on again in future debates so he no longer has things like the Birthism hanging over him as a distraction, also that future debates will likely feature questions that put Clinton instead on the defensive from the get go as many did to him. He also pushed the fact that she talks nice like a politician but is a failure when it comes to action and the big one of bad deals (Mexico VAT tax being a nice mention) and the like which he really pushed constantly.

Clinton both attacked and was calm (look at her big smile) which got the desired result (Trump eventually lost patience) I felt though if people who haven't made up their mind will be convinced remains to be seen. I'm biased obviously but it all came across very false and scripted (which Trump was anything but) and people tend to not like that as you can be too slick as they say.

Her positives is she attacked strongly and put Trump on the defensive (which is key) and if Trump doesn't adapt then that should get her through.

Overall Clinton wins the first round I'd say. She has the chin-lock cinched tight and Trump needs to do those 3 elbows to the stomach in the next debate if he wants to break out. He can rest easy knowing her largest ammo has already been fired but he needs to land some big blows to her in future.

• Upvote 3

Feedback from most people in that Clinton won or both did terrible.

I think both did fine. Trump should've been more aggressive. Clinton was at her peak the entire time and Trump was holding back. Hopefully he'll perform better in the next two.

• Upvote 3

new_forum_sig_2.png

Trump got some good hits in but missed a lot of chances I felt. Some examples being Clinton talking about imprisonment of young (minority) males for too long for so little and that women apparently should earn the same if they do a worse job was where a key interjection would have torn her apart. He stumbled with his words 3 or so times with one being particularly amusing. Some injections were good but a good deal were wasted or unnecessary. On some questions due to him wanting to continue on previous ones meant he didn't give an answer, and he really should have notes so he can keep on track.

His positives from this is some of these issues he can't be hit on again in future debates so he no longer has things like the Birthism hanging over him as a distraction, also that future debates will likely feature questions that put Clinton instead on the defensive from the get go as many did to him. He also pushed the fact that she talks nice like a politician but is a failure when it comes to action and the big one of bad deals (Mexico VAT tax being a nice mention) and the like which he really pushed constantly.

Clinton both attacked and was calm (look at her big smile) which got the desired result (Trump eventually lost patience) I felt though if people who haven't made up their mind will be convinced remains to be seen. I'm biased obviously but it all came across very false and scripted (which Trump was anything but) and people tend to not like that as you can be too slick as they say.

Her positives is she attacked strongly and put Trump on the defensive (which is key) and if Trump doesn't adapt then that should get her through.

Overall Clinton wins the first round I'd say. She has the chin-lock cinched tight and Trump needs to do those 3 elbows to the stomach in the next debate if he wants to break out. He can rest easy knowing her largest ammo has already been fired but he needs to land some big blows to her in future.

The future of America lies in the balance.  Hopefully, Trump can pick things up and really hit Killary where it hurts.

• Upvote 1

"Your cattle will die, your friends will die, you will die. But your reputation, if it is good, will never die."  -excerpt from the Havamal

"We are born into this time and must bravely follow the path to the destined end. There is no other way. Our duty is to hold on to the lost position, without hope, without rescue, like that Roman soldier whose bones were found in front of a door in Pompeii, who, during the eruption of Vesuvius, died at his post because they forgot to relieve him. That is greatness. That is what it means to be a thoroughbred. The honorable end is the one thing that can not be taken from a man."  -Oswald Spengler

The first debate is always the most important one. I don't see a reason why the next debates will go significantly different than this one.

Typically the first debate is the introduction.  Future debates matter far less.  This one proved entertaining so people may tune in again.

-signature removed for rules violation-

Hillary missed a lot of opportunities, but came out forward. Trump should git gud. At many points he lost track of the actual discussion, and started talking nonsense like his 10 year old nephew. We found how to prevent cyber warfare people! Just train Trump's nephew. Dio Christ.

77oKn5K.png

Excluding CNN's poll, the other "major" polls have Trump winning by a large margin.

Clinton News Network anyone?

Personally I thought they both looked bad and out of character. Trump- 52% Clinton- 48%

I'm somewhat neutral, but I do think Trump won.

• Upvote 1

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

Excluding CNN's poll, the other "major" polls have Trump winning by a large margin.

Clinton News Network anyone?

Personally I thought they both looked bad and out of character. Trump- 52% Clinton- 48%

I'm somewhat neutral, but I do think Trump won.

Are you talking about the online polls?  If you are then......just fyi - those have literally nothing to do with reality.

CNN's probably has some sort of software to block scripts.  But even then those polls end up as garbage predictions.  To know who won with confidence you will need to wait a week for actual polling.

The betting market is a good but imperfect way to gauge the results of the debate because people are putting real money there.  That market moved rapidly away from Trump during the debate.

Trump showed that he really doesn't have any idea of what he's talking about. Nothing he said had any basis in reality and half of it wasn't even coherent.

Hillary isn't the best choice, but at least she's presidential material. Trump just came across as childish and foolish.

"Experience demands that man is the only animal which devours his own kind, for I can apply no milder term to the general prey of the rich on the poor."

Are you talking about the online polls?  If you are then......just fyi - those have literally nothing to do with reality.

CNN's probably has some sort of software to block scripts.  But even then those polls end up as garbage predictions.  To know who won with confidence you will need to wait a week for actual polling.

The betting market is a good but imperfect way to gauge the results of the debate because people are putting real money there.  That market moved rapidly away from Trump during the debate.

They're all online polls to start off with. Literally everyone but CNN is saying Clinton won.

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

They're all online polls to start off with. Literally everyone but CNN is saying Clinton won.

I would have expected the opposite honestly. Those type of polls are literally known to be garbage. Ignore all opt in online polls fam.

Hillary isn't the best choice, but at least she's presidential material. 

What makes her, or anyone for that matter, Presidential material?

What must one be to be declared "Presidential" material?

One standard which Bill Clinton changed was one had to have served in the armed forces. Up until he hit office every President served. This is just one example of what used to be a measure of Presidential grade.