Alliances ranked by last war.

Kastor

As a MENSA member, I had 3-4 open fronts when Alpha countered.  All were under control but that quickly spiraled out of control with 2 Alpha attackers down-declaring.  Luckily for us, allies came in after ~1-2 days of beating and I was able to double build, get back up, and continue on my way.

So, more or less: git gud.  And <3 allies.  Thanks for the help.

• Upvote 1

☾☆

And Dio said unto him, "I trust you.  Share my word."

As a MENSA member, I had 3-4 open fronts when Alpha countered.  All were under control but that quickly spiraled out of control with 2 Alpha attackers down-declaring.  Luckily for us, allies came in after ~1-2 days of beating and I was able to double build, get back up, and continue on my way.

So, more or less: git gud.  And <3 allies.  Thanks for the help.

1-2 days? They came in less that 20 hours later mate. You guys were toast whether you wanna believe it or not.

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

1-2 days? They came in less that 20 hours later mate. You guys were toast whether you wanna believe it or not.

Toast?  No.  Overwhelmed briefly?  Sure, but we were most definitely not out (Which "toast" implies).  We're not quitters, like some alliances.  We have our strats to come back.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The "only planes" strategy isn't the best for all situations since it definitely has its downsides, but it did work in this case. It makes sense for a defensive situation where you're caught somewhat unprepared by denying your opponents the ability to down-declare on nations with fewer cities and forces you to fight opponents with similar if not higher plane counts. The downside is that your opponents get to ground attack and naval strike you and it takes you longer to bomb those away so you lose more infra - which is probably why SK's infra damage stats are actually pretty decent.

However, once Syndicate lost most of their valuable infra to SK, they had little left to lose to Alpha, Rose and whoever else they fought. If they had not lost that infra to SK GAs and naval strikes, they probably would have lost much of it to missiles and nukes from later opponents.

I'm not sure how much of a difference that strategy made since there were only 6 SK nations that got were unable to hit anyone in t$, but it definitely did matter for Guardian.

Honestly I think its even better on attack than defense. You're definitely right that it prevents you from getting downdeclared, but it also allows you to effectively down declare into much lower brackets. Sure, you lack any kind of convention force to fight on the ground, but the city advantage from lower your score comes quite in handy. Even with ground control, our t$ opponents still individually outnumbered our own air forces, which is huge, in addition to having significantly higher replenishment rates. It basically gauntness you the air war. Its not 100% a sure thing - if we had hit first and had time to get a few hits in each, and if we had outnumbered them, we could still been able to whittle down their air to a level that could be dealt with, even through their replacements. Of course any strat is likely to fair poorly in the face of overwhelming numbers by an enemy using them properly, so I don't consider that much of a strike against it. If winning the war was actually helpful, you open yourself up to being rushed in GAs as the enemy just goes for a knockout. But all you get is some money/RSS, which shouldn't be enough to impact any nations with good WCs, and you beige them to boot and give them the time to recover and not deal with further counters, so really that isn't a good option either.

As you mention, this opens you up to a lot of damage early on, as the enemy has free range to launch naval strikes, powerful GAs (while they still have tanks), and later missiles/nukes if needs be. But its still worth it, because both sides know its on a timer. Those planes will steadily destroy all the military, and then your enemy can no longer deal any damage and you can rapidly close the gap with devastating air strikes. Smart fighters will naturally not beige their opponents and be ready to immediately fill defensive slots when the first round expires. What you take at first is lopsided, but you take relatively little thereafter, so imo you probably end up taking similar damage compared to a conventional war, you just take a higher percentage of that up front.

Edited by Mikey
  • Upvote 1

Archduke Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, Lord Paramount of the Reach, Warden of the South, Breaker of Forums.

HBE over us? Damn I'm almost insulted. But we suck anyway so I'll let it slide.

Roll Squeegee pact with Redarmy and Ameyuri

Blues Brothers pact with Redarmy

Leader of the Elyion Resistance. If it's backed by NPO, you know it's evil

HBE over us? Damn I'm almost insulted. But we suck anyway so I'll let it slide.

You guys essentially lost on your blitz.

:sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:               :sheepy:              :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy:

Greatkitteh was here.-

As far as this war goes, t$ and NPO were the best performers overall in my opinion.

All the others had easy opponents or large statistical advantages. t$ took on SK with planes only and NPO rekt BK hard.

I'd probably go.

1) t$

2) NPO

3) Mensa

4) Oblivion

Outside of that I don't think anyone did REALLY well just decent or crap.

Edited by Sketchy

XLL3z4T.gif

I find it extremely funny how butthurt everyone seems to be about being #1 in this poll.  "OMG, they had it so easy....they hit Infra heavy Pantheon.....blah, blah, blah!  You all sound like:

If it was so easy, why the !@#$ didn't anyone else hit them?  Anyway......enjoy your Haterade!

Edited by Sailor Jerry

X4EfkAB.png

As far as this war goes, t$ and NPO were the best performers overall in my opinion.

All the others had easy opponents or large statistical advantages. t$ took on SK with planes only and NPO rekt BK hard.

I'd probably go.

1) t$

2) NPO

3) Mensa

4) Oblivion

Outside of that I don't think anyone did REALLY well just decent or crap.

I'm not surprised a Rose bud knows nothing about war and ranked it this way. NPO and tS weren't top 2. tS did use just planes but that doesn't bring their preformance up at all. It's just cool that they did it. And while I forgot Oblivion on here, def not top 4. I'm thinking 14-18

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

I'm not surprised a Rose bud knows nothing about war and ranked it this way. NPO and tS weren't top 2. tS did use just planes but that doesn't bring their preformance up at all. It's just cool that they did it. And while I forgot Oblivion on here, def not top 4. I'm thinking 14-18

I have a different opinion on what is considered "performing well".

I even clarified the criteria as to why I chose what I did.

I'm not surprised Kastor is incapable of making the distinction between a subjective opinion and an objective fact, considering he believes everything that he says is an objective fact.

I can only assume your hostility comes from my choice not to put Roz Wei on my list. Sorry I bruised your ego bro.

XLL3z4T.gif

TEst, Arrgh, and Roz Wei only fought Pantheon - who were already involved with VE and UPN. Not necessarily great in the whole scheme of things.

Unless you're doing this strictly based off Infra Damage/Taken ratio...

Wars are won before they are declared. I wouldn't say it was easy, as much as it was well planed and coordianted.

I would agree with Buor, Test had an easy war, where they got to tee off against a super infra heavy Pantheon, and didn't have to deal with any type of counter.  So good on them for high activity levels, which is more than I can say for my alliance, but they didn't really have much of a challenge. 

Not getting countered is a skill of it's own and should be taken into account for. Also Ogaden and me had our hands full with Pantehon counters and certain RW deserter who &#33;@#&#036;ed us up good against bismarck.

• Upvote 2

tvPWtuA.gif

Also wasn't it you who said:

What are your thoughts on my whole list? I'm only really interested in the top 15 as I think we can agree with 16-30. If not, tell me why!?

If you can't handle other peoples opinions you shouldn't ask for them snowflake.

XLL3z4T.gif

Honestly I think its even better on attack than defense. You're definitely right that it prevents you from getting downdeclared, but it also allows you to effectively down declare into much lower brackets. Sure, you lack any kind of convention force to fight on the ground, but the city advantage from lower your score comes quite in handy. Even with ground control, our t$ opponents still individually outnumbered our own air forces, which is huge, in addition to having significantly higher replenishment rates. It basically gauntness you the air war. Its not 100% a sure thing - if we had hit first and had time to get a few hits in each, and if we had outnumbered them, we could still been able to whittle down their air to a level that could be dealt with, even through their replacements. Of course any strat is likely to fair poorly in the face of overwhelming numbers by an enemy using them properly, so I don't consider that much of a strike against it. If winning the war was actually helpful, you open yourself up to being rushed in GAs as the enemy just goes for a knockout. But all you get is some money/RSS, which shouldn't be enough to impact any nations with good WCs, and you beige them to boot and give them the time to recover and not deal with further counters, so really that isn't a good option either.

As you mention, this opens you up to a lot of damage early on, as the enemy has free range to launch naval strikes, powerful GAs (while they still have tanks), and later missiles/nukes if needs be. But its still worth it, because both sides know its on a timer. Those planes will steadily destroy all the military, and then your enemy can no longer deal any damage and you can rapidly close the gap with devastating air strikes. Smart fighters will naturally not beige their opponents and be ready to immediately fill defensive slots when the first round expires. What you take at first is lopsided, but you take relatively little thereafter, so imo you probably end up taking similar damage compared to a conventional war, you just take a higher percentage of that up front.

Just did the math and you'd need to have as little as 13, maybe even only 12 cities for a nation with max ground, air, ships and some missiles and nukes to downdeclare on a 17 city nation with only planes. Meanwhile the 17 city nation can downdeclare on maxed out 8 city nations.

However, if you guys didn't have ships, nukes and missiles but only ground and air, it wouldn't have been so bad. You'd still be fighting nations with a city advantage, but one that's more manageable. There's definitely ways to counter the planes-only build but your builds weren't it.

Would've put TKR ahead of TEst and swapped Roz Wei with Syndicate. TKR was highly influential in our sphere's victory, opening up many fronts to relieve all alliances for SyndiOOsphere.

TEst, Arrgh, and Roz Wei only fought Pantheon - who were already involved with VE and UPN. Not necessarily great in the whole scheme of things.

Syndicate fought SK with -only- planes. No reason for Syndicate to be as low as you put them.

Unless you're doing this strictly based off Infra Damage/Taken ratio...

Yup, I for instance only declare on militarized targets - that means a good amount of planes and tanks if possible. If the enemy has no tanks, they should at least have a bunch of soldiers, otherwise I don't even bother declaring.

To me infra destroyed is just a byproduct, since I'm only after rekt military units. Declaring on zeroed out opponents has no merit whatsoever in my opinion, even if that gets you a lot of destroyed infra. To me that's a raid, not a war. 

Edited by Insert Name Here

Yup, I for instance only declare on militarized targets - that means a good amount of planes and tanks if possible. If the enemy has no tanks, they should at least have a bunch of soldiers, otherwise I don't even bother declaring.

To me infra destroyed is just a byproduct, since I'm only after rekt military units. Declaring on zeroed out opponents has no merit whatsoever in my opinion, even if that gets you a lot of destroyed infra. To me that's a raid, not a war. 

I 100 percent agree with this.  I would much rather kill military, than kill infra.  I took over 20k infra damage, which I have pretty much completely replaced after 5 days, the resources spent fighting however will take much longer to get back to their previous levels.

I don't know about that... 3/4 of the damage taken this war has still been infra, not military, although that doesn't include gas/ammo. But I agree, destroying military is much more fun.

I 100 percent agree with this.  I would much rather kill military, than kill infra.  I took over 20k infra damage, which I have pretty much completely replaced after 5 days, the resources spent fighting however will take much longer to get back to their previous levels.

I took out 115k tanks this war.  If I cared about taking out infra, I would have bought a huge stockpile of nukes and just dropped them.  Unless you are one of the guys with like 3k infra per city, (it is fun to see a nuke do 70 million in infra damage) I would much rather hit your military.

I took out 115k tanks this war.  If I cared about taking out infra, I would have bought a huge stockpile of nukes and just dropped them.  Unless you are one of the guys with like 3k infra per city, (it is fun to see a nuke do 70 million in infra damage) I would much rather hit your military.

You should preferably do both...

• Upvote 3

-signature removed for rules violation-