Alliances ranked by last war.

Kastor

Now that the war is pretty much over here's my ranks of the alliances this past war.

1.Terminus Est - Obviously they showed out last war. With over $17.4b in infra damage, taking home that crown. They also did it in 5 days, another amazing accomplishment.

2. The Knights Radiant - Though I don't think they're top 5 in the game, it's hard to argue with the facts. They never really got blitzed/countered hard, which does help a case against them. They were also 3rd in most infra dmage taken, which hurts them as well. But they did face several alliances that could've eventually hurt them, and they won. Big time.

3. Arrgh - Reasoning: Arrgh!!

4. Guardian- Honestly they usually get rolled hard every war but this time they actually hit back and hurt some people. I think they were a bigger difference maker than most think.

5. Roz Wei - Ignoring obvious bias, Roz Wei could be a little lower on this list. However, they took the least amount of damage this war (ignore OWR and ESD as they are micros and will obviously be lower)and dished out an impressive 3.1b in infra damage.

6. NPO - After getting demolished they actually did pretty well. 4:1 damage ratio and took down the Black Knights- not an easy thing to do due to their low-tier advantage.

7. The Syndicate - 2:1 infra damage ratio with over 1 million in infra destroyed. Classic tS

8. Mensa - it's hard to put you on top when at one point you were losing. You also didn't do a lot but what you did was great.

9. BK - This isn't how good of a war alliance you are, but how good of a war alliance you were last war. Above average once your allies relieved pressure.

10. Alpha - You guys were doing great until got jumped on. You made Mensa bleed for awhile.

11. tC - Everyone says you guys are the real deal and I somewhat see it. Iffy on you guys. But $1.5b in damages is impressive.

12. SK - For tS blitzing you...or you.blitzing tS... you guys didn't do terrible. Lots of infra damage on the way down.

13. Cornerstone - By Jesus you guys did....decent. Your blitz wasn't the best and had room for improvement but you guys did impact winning/losing of several wars. Kudos to you.

14. The Chola - Painstakingly average and took tons more damage then need be, and I'm talking about conventional, not infra.

15. Fark - Decent until countered.

Those are my top 15! I gave a reasoning for all of them. What're your top 15?

16. Polaris

17. UPN

18. Rose

19. TLF

20. VE

21. NAC

22. DEIC

23. HBE

24. Pantheon

25. BoC

26. Resplendent

27. NK

28. OoS

29. ESD

30. OWR

What are your thoughts on my whole list? I'm only really interested in the top 15 as I think we can agree with 16-30. If not, tell me why!?

• Upvote 2

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

To me TKR and t$ were the most infliential alliances in this war. Mensa and especially BK got hit pretty hard during this war and TKR and t$ (along with other allies of course) ended up providing the necessary counters.

TEst did a buttload of damage, but there wasn't much Pantheon could have done. I believe TKR and Guardian had it much more difficult than TEst (not taking away their merit, naturally), as they started on the defensive, got even more alliances on them and never stopped doing great. From my point of view, TKR are the MVPs of this war.

Edited by Insert Name Here
  • Upvote 1

To me TKR and t$ were the most infliential alliances in this war. Mensa and especially BK got hit pretty hard during this war and TKR and t$ (along with other allies of course) ended up providing the necessary counters.

TEst did a buttload of damage, but there wasn't much Pantheon could have done. I believe TKR and Guardian had it much more difficult than TEst (not taking away their merit, naturally), as they started on the defensive, got even more alliances on them and never stopped doing great. From my point of view, TKR are the MVPs of this war.

Which is why both are in the top 5, TKR and Guardian.

Don't look at this as a top 5 list, look at it as a top 10-15.

Now that the war is pretty much over here's my ranks of the alliances this past war.

2. The Knights Radiant - Though I don't think they're top 5 in the game, it's hard to argue with the facts. They never really got blitzed/countered hard, which does help a case against them. They were also 3rd in most infra dmage taken, which hurts them as well. But they did face several alliances that could've eventually hurt them, and they won. Big time.

What are your thoughts on my whole list? I'm only really interested in the top 15 as I think we can agree with 16-30. If not, tell me why!?

We are top 5 in game, but nevertheless, thanks for the high ranking  :).

2) The Knights Radiant  06/29/2015 113 orange.png Asia 1,501.06 169,620.26

I don't really have many other thoughts, but I do agree with many of your places. I do think that Pantheon should be a little bit higher, because in all the turmoil regarding their leadership, they still took the hits in their first war like a champ.

Edited by emperorpenguin
  • Upvote 3

What the heck? my stats are super screwed up.  I lost 68k tanks and killled 115k tanks.  I didn't lose 103k tanks and kill 79k... Also I had like 18 million in cash lost, and I stole 75 million, not stole 30, and lost 60 million.  I killed 1.9 million soldiers and lost 1 million.  not killed 1.4 and lost 1.7.  I wont even bother with the other stats, considering how far these ones are off.

These stats are suppose to be from this war right?  Am I missing something?

Edited by Sweeeeet Ronny D

What the heck? my stats are super screwed up.  I lost 68k tanks and killled 115k tanks.  I didn't lose 103k tanks and kill 79k... Also I had like 18 million in cash lost, and I stole 75 million, not stole 30, and lost 60 million.  I killed 1.9 million soldiers and lost 1 million.  not killed 1.4 and lost 1.7.  I wont even bother with the other stats, considering how far these ones are off.

These stats are suppose to be from this war right?  Am I missing something?

According to the sheet, the numbers are pulled from the in-game Tracker, and i quote. "!@#$ to Alex if its inaccurate." 

HoloSig2017.png.afe1505c82cc3db09be025a9

Would've put TKR ahead of TEst and swapped Roz Wei with Syndicate. TKR was highly influential in our sphere's victory, opening up many fronts to relieve all alliances for SyndiOOsphere.

TEst, Arrgh, and Roz Wei only fought Pantheon - who were already involved with VE and UPN. Not necessarily great in the whole scheme of things.

Syndicate fought SK with -only- planes. No reason for Syndicate to be as low as you put them.

Unless you're doing this strictly based off Infra Damage/Taken ratio...

Edited by Buorhann
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I would agree with Buor, Test had an easy war, where they got to tee off against a super infra heavy Pantheon, and didn't have to deal with any type of counter.  So good on them for high activity levels, which is more than I can say for my alliance, but they didn't really have much of a challenge. 

• Upvote 2

Would've put TKR ahead of TEst and swapped Roz Wei with Syndicate. TKR was highly influential in our sphere's victory, opening up many fronts to relieve all alliances for SyndiOOsphere.

TEst, Arrgh, and Roz Wei only fought Pantheon - who were already involved with VE and UPN. Not necessarily great in the whole scheme of things.

Syndicate fought SK with -only- planes. No reason for Syndicate to be as low as you put them.

I agree with the t$ point, though perhaps for different reasons. I don't see it as a handicap, instead I think they should get some kind of credit for coming up with the idea (maintaining all air isn't necessarily new, but intentionally staying that way for the war I think is a first) which isn't reflected in the damage done stats.

• Upvote 2

Archduke Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, Lord Paramount of the Reach, Warden of the South, Breaker of Forums.

I can see that, I said Roz Wei could be moved down. 5-9 is where they could be.

The "only planes" strategy isn't the best for all situations since it definitely has its downsides, but it did work in this case. It makes sense for a defensive situation where you're caught somewhat unprepared by denying your opponents the ability to down-declare on nations with fewer cities and forces you to fight opponents with similar if not higher plane counts. The downside is that your opponents get to ground attack and naval strike you and it takes you longer to bomb those away so you lose more infra - which is probably why SK's infra damage stats are actually pretty decent.

However, once Syndicate lost most of their valuable infra to SK, they had little left to lose to Alpha, Rose and whoever else they fought. If they had not lost that infra to SK GAs and naval strikes, they probably would have lost much of it to missiles and nukes from later opponents.

I'm not sure how much of a difference that strategy made since there were only 6 SK nations that got were unable to hit anyone in t$, but it definitely did matter for Guardian since we had about 10 Rose opponents unable to downdeclare on us and a decent chunk of Guardian was only in range of Rose nations that were in the tier that TKR outnumbered them in by quite a bit. There's a lot of similarities between VE vs Guardian + Mensa in 168 Day War and Rose vs Guardian + TKR in this war, and I think the difference in outcome for Guardian had a lot to do with us having minimal ground forces but near max planes this war.

Rose wasn't all bad, I would say that 60% of Rose put up a good effort but the other 40% hit vacation mode or just sat on their hands and let the rest of their alliance down. And then those 40% just got gradually picked off by TKR/Guardian/Valkyrie once those 60% were dealt with.

Not sure what "Guardian usually getting rolled every war" means though. If you're going to go back to Proxy War and Great VE War, you might as well go back to Marionette War too... As for the 4 wars that followed Proxy War, I wouldn't really say we got rolled in any of them. For the last 3 wars, the damage ratios were different, but that mostly had to do with the variation in the odds we were up against, I would say we fought equally well in each of those 3 wars.

Edited by Memph
  • Upvote 6

I think Chola did fine. If we're talking about how well they fought rather than how well they fared, they did quite well. Their military unit kill ratios are quite good. Chola was one of the last alliances to enter on our side, which meant a lot of the juicy UPN, VE and Rose targets were taken so they went after Alpha instead. Alpha had relatively low infra levels, and decided to target Chola with nukes. Alpha nations that already lost most of their military declare on Chola nations for no other reason than to unload their nukes before they got spied away.

Alpha offensive wars launched in the 5 days that followed Alpha getting countered:

Against...

BoC: 0

Guardian: 0

Syndicate: 4

Resplendent:11

Coalition: 12

Chola: 25

By the time Chola entered, there weren't a whole lot of targets left in their tier to hit, they hit OOS but they quickly peaced out, which means not much infra damage because the first 1-2 days of war usually involve targeting military units while your opponent is doing naval strikes and nuke strikes. It's in the later days that the winner starts to shine in terms of infra damage, when they're infra bombing and their opponents are out of nukes, ships and missiles. Also unlike The Coalition, Chola often held back from beiging and allowed wars with Alpha to run to expiry (debatable whether that was the right call?). Besides Alpha and OOS, Chola fought Polaris (low infra) and Nuclear Knights (nukes...). The Coalition's other opponents were DEIC who had rather few nukes and lots of infra. So that's my explanation for why Chola's infra damage stats aren't as good as for an alliance like The Coalition.

• Upvote 4

I agree with the t$ point, though perhaps for different reasons. I don't see it as a handicap, instead I think they should get some kind of credit for coming up with the idea (maintaining all air isn't necessarily new, but intentionally staying that way for the war I think is a first) which isn't reflected in the damage done stats.

True.

14. The Chola - Painstakingly average and took tons more damage then need be, and I'm talking about conventional, not infra.

If you are talking about infra, then I agree to this point, as we took out a lot of nukes from Alpha and had no expensive infra to damage upon in return. But when it comes to conventional warfare, we did pretty well compared to other alliances. Click here to find (destroyed/lost) ratio for all parameters that yoso gave in his spreadsheet.

We were never countered, except a few here and there, so we generally had first strike advantage in all the situations. t$ has the highest destroyed to lost ratio for tanks, next comes tC. And kudos to tC for getting 'Infinity' for destroyed to lost ratio for loot :P

Anyway, in general, people tend to forget the situation the alliances were in before rating. TEst/Roz/Arrgh, as SRD pointed out, were not countered and fought in a very different situation compared to, say Mensa or BK nations. TEst nations themselves had lots of cities, so if you don't normalize your values for number of cities, you are not going to get a correct interpretation. Alliances like Mensa on the other hand, they were already attacking several nations when Alpha countered. Most of the alliances that attacked Alpha had limited number of members in their score range. For example, we declared 17 wars against Alpha with around 8 members initially.

Edit: Didn't see Memph's comment.

Edited by Aerys Targaryen

I didn't think we did all that well last war, we brought the pain sure, but our coordination wasn't as tight as I'd have preferred.

Every war gives you a chance to go over where you went wrong and find flaws you can work on.

Edited by Ogaden
  • Upvote 4
tvPWtuA.gif

NPO's $infra damage stats are good partly because their infra already wasn't worth **** at the start of the war. I think they had around 1000 infra/city on average despite still having 7-8 cities/nation. Other alliances with similar tiers would have closer to 1500 infra/city. That's about how much infra/city Polaris got to. However, NPO paid for it by having a terrible economy during peace time especially since they were heavily militarized. They built virtually no cities, and I think they went to war with fewer tanks than the previous war.

Despite Polaris having (afaik) fewer cities/nation before the last war, they're now at 10.1 cities/nations vs 7.5 cities/nation for NPO.