Best Ally Poll

Paladin

Top 10 Best Ally Poll  

190 members have voted

1. 1. Of the current top alliances, which one strikes you as the best ally to have during conflict?

By that logic DEIC, as they also never cancelled and has big balls. They pretty much gave up their score for UPN/TS's war and again for a mainly UPN-NAC/Arrgh war.

I think DEIC skipped out on last war or the one before that.

Edited by 8mrgrim8

By that logic DEIC, as they also never cancelled and has big balls. They pretty much gave up their score for UPN/TS's war and again for a mainly UPN-NAC/Arrgh war.

I guess the argument would be that DEIC could easily qualify as the best ally to another alliance(s) (UPN for example). But the common perception is that they valued some treaties higher than others, which in fairness is done by most.

Back to the question, obviously I am biased but I would say UPN. I can't think of an ally that we had that we didn't help significantly at some point. From protecting Mensa at the start, to making sure they weren't countered in some wars, as well as offering rebuild aid for them. To pretty much single handedly funding BK's war effort (although this war very early on, and I am not sure if we were allied at this point). Getting our bloc allies BoC/DEIC to either take easier targets to minimise damage or sit out completely for relative growth. Helping VE without any obligation to do so, subsequently allying them, and having a good working relationship with them going forward. Plenty of support to EoS and NAC. Obviously with NPO in this war...

Literally the only 'fault' I can think of, would be when we declared on tS -- and had BK/Mensa as mutual allies. But this was due to the perception that BK/Mensa would side with tS over us in the future.

I think everyone in the Covenant bloc (UPN, DEIC, Polaris, NAC) have been the greatest allies, from my experience. Not that the likes of VE/NPO are bad -- but traditionally you would think of them as alliances who still consider what is best for them in potential wars and such, NAC/DEIC/Polaris would ride with UPN no matter what I feel like.

Notable others from the 'other' side would include the Coalition, Guardian and Mensa... and Cornerstone (if you are attacked, less so on the offensive).

As for worst allies, obviously from my experience, it would have to be: TLF, BoC (used to have some great people like LF and a few others, but also it's fair share of pixel huggers), and BK (not great with UPN anyway).

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

It's UPN.

UPN never cancelled a treaty until this war. UPN has kept so many horrible allies for such a long time it doesn't matter how good or bad you are, UPN is there for you. BK had a high level treaty with them that they continually ignored and constantly fought UPNs allies during wars. UPN never left them.

UPN is the most reliable.

UPN has a well deserved reputation as a reliable ally.

• Upvote 1

Well, there was the whole VE war where they used a clause in our treaty to enter the war on the opposite side and even launched direct attacks on our nations despite technically having an MDP :P

Archduke Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, Lord Paramount of the Reach, Warden of the South, Breaker of Forums.

Well, there was the whole VE war where they used a clause in our treaty to enter the war on the opposite side and even launched direct attacks on our nations despite technically having an MDP :P

Yeah, this. I like DEIC now a days, but historically they are the only alliance I know that attacked their own treaty partner. So in terms of who is the best ally, even though it was long ago and under a different leader, that would be a major blemish.

• Upvote 1

a.k.a. Chaunce

Chaunce - Today at 9:55 PM
with the watermelons there isn't much space left
I still have a lot of room to improve

Manthrax Has Venomous Bite! - Today at 9:57 PM
Hee hee. Room indeed.

Sabriel - Today at 10:01 PM
I feel like, if the other AAs knew how we act, they'd feel a deep sense of shame in knowing that they consistently get beat by us.
when we talk about how many vegetables we can fit in Chaunce's ass.

Anyways, I belive the treaty was void if an ally was at war wth DEIC or something weird. DEIC was at war with TS, thus it was perfectly not counted as an "ally".

:sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:               :sheepy:              :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy:

Greatkitteh was here.-

Anyways, I belive the treaty was void if an ally was at war wth DEIC or something weird. DEIC was at war with TS, thus it was perfectly not counted as an "ally".

That's not exactly how the treaty worked, nor was it how the situation turned out.

Regardless, I'd think it's probably best to avoid another lengthy discussion of that unfortunate incident.

It was a mistake, it won't happen again, let it stay in the past please.

"They say the secret to success is being at the right place at the right time. But since you never know when the right time is going to be, I figure the trick is to find the right place and just hang around!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Kastor> He left and my !@#$ nation is !@#$ed up. And the Finance guy refuses to help. He just writes his !@#$ plays.

<Kastor> And laughs and shit.

<Kastor> And gives out !@#$ huge loans to Arthur James, that !@#$ bastard.

I guess the argument would be that DEIC could easily qualify as the best ally to another alliance(s) (UPN for example). But the common perception is that they valued some treaties higher than others, which in fairness is done by most.

Back to the question, obviously I am biased but I would say UPN. I can't think of an ally that we had that we didn't help significantly at some point. From protecting Mensa at the start, to making sure they weren't countered in some wars, as well as offering rebuild aid for them. To pretty much single handedly funding BK's war effort (although this war very early on, and I am not sure if we were allied at this point). Getting our bloc allies BoC/DEIC to either take easier targets to minimise damage or sit out completely for relative growth. Helping VE without any obligation to do so, subsequently allying them, and having a good working relationship with them going forward. Plenty of support to EoS and NAC. Obviously with NPO in this war...

Literally the only 'fault' I can think of, would be when we declared on tS -- and had BK/Mensa as mutual allies. But this was due to the perception that BK/Mensa would side with tS over us in the future.

I think everyone in the Covenant bloc (UPN, DEIC, Polaris, NAC) have been the greatest allies, from my experience. Not that the likes of VE/NPO are bad -- but traditionally you would think of them as alliances who still consider what is best for them in potential wars and such, NAC/DEIC/Polaris would ride with UPN no matter what I feel like.

Notable others from the 'other' side would include the Coalition, Guardian and Mensa... and Cornerstone (if you are attacked, less so on the offensive).

As for worst allies, obviously from my experience, it would have to be: TLF, BoC (used to have some great people like LF and a few others, but also it's fair share of pixel huggers), and BK (not great with UPN anyway).

Think of what could've been if you guys treated us right.

[22:37:51] <&Yosodog> Problem is, everyone is too busy deciding which top gun character they are that no decision has been made

BK in a nutshell

That's not exactly how the treaty worked, nor was it how the situation turned out.

Regardless, I'd think it's probably best to avoid another lengthy discussion of that unfortunate incident.

It was a mistake, it won't happen again, let it stay in the past please.

THINK WHAT YOU DID DEIC!

:sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:               :sheepy:              :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy:

Greatkitteh was here.-

I think we finally found Clarke's sister :P

I think the fairest way to measure this is some mixture of willingness/capability to fight offset by how much trouble they're likely to get you in.

In that respect I think Cornerstone. They're happy to help you: they're not the biggest fighting alliance (though they do improve each go around), but, most importantly, they never get you into trouble, period.

Edited by Manthrax
  • Upvote 2

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

I think the fairest way to measure this is some mixture of willingness/capability to fight offset by how much trouble they're likely to get you in.

In that respect I think Cornerstone. They're happy to help you: they're not the biggest fighting alliance (though they do improve each go around), but, most importantly, they never get you into trouble, period.

Well, they did protect Storm Division. Not that it was an issue, but everyone, even Cornerstone has a possibility of getting you in trouble.

I think what matters more would be whether you'd enjoy getting into trouble for them. T$ drags everyone into a war every few months but it's always fun to be on their side.

I think what matters more would be whether you'd enjoy getting into trouble for them. T$ drags everyone into a war every few months but it's always fun to be on their side.

I like BK for this reason. BK is always ready to go. 

Willingness to go on the "offensive" and pre-empt in certain situations should also be considered, as well as past fighting record (in terms of surrenders etc...), as well as length of time they have been reliable...

WIth that tC is by far your "greatest" ally.

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

Willingness to go on the "offensive" and pre-empt in certain situations should also be considered, as well as past fighting record (in terms of surrenders etc...), as well as length of time they have been reliable...

WIth that tC is by far your "greatest" ally.

Nah, still DEIC. DEIC had the balls to keep fighting for UPN's war and prempted there. They attacked alliances several time bigger then them after an impressive "fight to the last man", even when they didnt have to like in this war.

Plus, they were nice :P

Greatkitteh was here.-

Nah, still DEIC. DEIC had the balls to keep fighting for UPN's war and prempted there. They attacked alliances several time bigger then them after an impressive "fight to the last man", even when they didnt have to like in this war.

Plus, they were nice :P

I don't think DEIC-tS ever had a treaty? I was responding to Manthrax proposing that Cornerstone is the greatest ally and saying that their best ally is undoubtedly tC.

As far as we're concerned, yes DEIC has been our greatest ally. I think NAC/Polaris would also be there for us no matter what, and I believe we have a good working relationship with NPO.

Edited by Saru

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

Dec and upn were top 2 (iirc) going into that war?

At the very least larger than all their opponents individually.

Come on kitty. Stick to facts lol

Well, after Oktoberfest they charged Arrgh and TKR.

Greatkitteh was here.-