War Postmortem for Rose/UPN/NPO side

Ogaden

Oh, no. If people were suiciding into you, it was to make it easier for the others. There were no illusions of getting bailed out if they ended up running out in the process. This doesn't really factor in much. Typically, a blockade only matters if you can't break it and you're probably already losing if you can't break it. Our overall supplies weren't great for a conventional war because we weren't planning on one as we were down to 4 treaties with no hope of competing in a conventional war due to the Paragon split, but they never ran out. We were preparing for a similar scenario to the current situation. We of course were going to go conventional and did so if we had sufficient alliances involved, but supplies would have been more concentrated in certain nations had it been the lone stand we were expecting. You can keep thinking this though and I was dumb to take the bait here.

Not interested in discussing it further.

Let's discuss it further!

os9LcJK.gif

On a broader level, leaders on our side tried and they can't make people care more than they want to care. In general, on every front, there has been one reason why they fell. Your side is more invested. Some more casual alliances solved this issue by moving to the other side and I"m sure we'll see a few cozy up after this.  No one is disputing that your side is more active and there's no real way to fix it and thus we got to see what capabilities alliances had as this was our dead last chance at winning on a coalition level. We shouldn't have lost on paper for sure and the initial blitzes dictated the tide of the war. There is no "git gud" from here. C'est la vie. Waiting for more alliances to get ready would have just hurt us, which sort of figures into "oh their allies weren't entirely ready" part. In terms of the fronts overall, the mobilization advantage was the only reason we had a chance and the longer it took to start the more our chances dwindled. There's really nothing else to it.

This is a critical point. Holding all things equal, the NPO/VE/Rose side of the world will apparently never be able to win a global war. Yet I don't think that is really grounds to give up - it suggests a realignment is necessary on the Paracov side, yes. But the tS/Mensa/TKR/BK side isn't invulnerable to boredom, minor disputes and other problems that might degrade our readiness over time. And who knows - maybe someone will recruit iNCi to PNW. Then we will all drown in owl gifs. 

• Upvote 1

This is a critical point. Holding all things equal, the NPO/VE/Rose side of the world will apparently never be able to win a global war. Yet I don't think that is really grounds to give up - it suggests a realignment is necessary on the Paracov side, yes. But the tS/Mensa/TKR/BK side isn't invulnerable to boredom, minor disputes and other problems that might degrade our readiness over time. And who knows - maybe someone will recruit iNCi to PNW. Then we will all drown in owl gifs.

Give ParaCovenant the calling card

Lxr4VfE.png

Your wise words will fall on deaf ears.

Its like reading poetry to a dog.

My dog actually sits pretty and listens when I read her poetry. Then again, my dog is smarter than the average thorn riddled Rose.

greene.png

Formerly known as Grealind of Resvernas (28 October 2014-29 August 2017) and Greene of Japan (29 August 2017-28 Septmber 2017)

7th Caretaker of Duat, the Deity Thoth