War Postmortem for Rose/UPN/NPO side

Ogaden

A lot of the criticism about what we should've done seems pretty accurate to me. (tho in some of those things, it may be easier said than done)

About NPO switching fronts tho, we really didn't have much opportunity. BoC, Resplendent, OWR all countering us did keep our military chipped down and kept us busy. tS & and some Syndisphere alliances never lost much air. If we engaged them I'm pretty sure we just would've been mowed down at that point. By the time we got in a position to recover max air, regroup and move to another front, those fronts were really already lost and more counters came in on us.

I have wondered if we should've focused on beiging BK to get them out of the way and move to other fronts. Maybe we should've done that but in the end I doubt it would've changed much. Our planes still would've been smashed and BK would rebuy and gone on the offense. Still would've lost our standing armies and ended up where we are now, fighting a guerrilla war.

How does one continue to fight a war with 3/4 of their alliance in beige?

How does one continue to fight a war with 3/4 of their alliance in beige?

Stash away the core to rebuild while the rest meatshield?

:sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:               :sheepy:              :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy:

Greatkitteh was here.-

About NPO switching fronts tho, we really didn't have much opportunity. BoC, Resplendent, OWR all countering us did keep our military chipped down and kept us busy. tS & and some Syndisphere alliances never lost much air. If we engaged them I'm pretty sure we just would've been mowed down at that point. By the time we got in a position to recover max air, regroup and move to another front, those fronts were really already lost and more counters came in on us.

Honestly this one wasn't on you guys. UPN did not show up to fight, and HBE didn't do much either. If UPN had been better prepared (fully built up, not trickling in hours/days after initial declarations, etc) it would have allowed Polaris to swing at someone else. Instead you had 4 vs 1 with 2 of your biggest mid tier alliances wrapped up with BK. I am not going to say that we were close to coming back on our own, and we definitely owe a lot to our allies, but BK could still tie you guys up and act as a meat-shield while our allies finished up their fronts. Also you guys need to figure out war chests because most people we saw were very low on most resources.

• Downvote 1

Honestly this one wasn't on you guys. UPN did not show up to fight, and HBE didn't do much either. If UPN had been better prepared (fully built up, not trickling in hours/days after initial declarations, etc) it would have allowed Polaris to swing at someone else. Instead you had 4 vs 1 with 2 of your biggest mid tier alliances wrapped up with BK. I am not going to say that we were close to coming back on our own, and we definitely owe a lot to our allies, but BK could still tie you guys up and act as a meat-shield while our allies finished up their fronts. Also you guys need to figure out war chests because most people we saw were very low on most resources.

Thanks. About the warchests, we try to send out just enough but we probably do have room for improvement there. People who were active requesting resources definitely get what they need.

FirstDraft-v2_zps55ce6098.png

Accommodating for the less active people at the same time as seriously trying to win a war is where our group has consistently fallen short. Thankfully once this war ends and TEst get their curbstomping over and done with Rose will be operating under a new leader with an opportunity to go balls deep into a completely new direction with our membership. It's unclear what our direction will be given that we don't have a clear choice for our next emperor, but I'm willing to bet good things are to come. Wouldn't expect the same story to be happening in 3 months time.

Edited by Noytal
  • Upvote 1

bw0643E.gif

UPN sent the wrong message.

:sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:               :sheepy:              :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy:

Greatkitteh was here.-

One of Rose's biggest blunders is planning for a war so close to another war they have on their dance card.

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20161007T1950&p0=4878&msg=Rose+Declaration+of+War&font=sanserif&csz=1

Don't think I forgot. 

Maybe this whole war was some sort of weird scorched earth policy?

I hope they die, and then OO and tS break up and we can have a real war, with good figthers on both sides....

You know somewhere deep down inside that it's a fairy tale. Regardless if ParaCov officially dies or not. Syndi-OO is far too attached to each other to make a move like that. They'll either find someone else to mass declare on or just declare on the world or something.

Anyways, this war has officially left politics in their hands now. I think even ParaCov has to admit at this point it can't do anything anymore. Members there must have the worst kind of morale.

Edited by Hooves

You know somewhere deep down inside that it's a fairy tale. Regardless if ParaCov officially dies or not. Syndi-OO is far too attached to each other to make a move like that. They'll either find someone else to mass declare on or just declare on the world or something.

Anyways, this war has officially left politics in their hands now. I think even ParaCov has to admit at this point it can't do anything anymore. Members there must have the worst kind of morale.

Oh i know, i just want a war thats not so lopsided, i would like the strength and skill to be near equal. And i want TEst to be in the thick of that fight.

Ole2.png

Oh i know, i just want a war thats not so lopsided, i would like the strength and skill to be near equal. And i want TEst to be in the thick of that fight.

Your oktoberfest was close. :P

Come back to our side. We'll make Orbis equal again and fight.

Greatkitteh was here.-

I hope they die, and then OO and tS break up and we can have a real war, with good figthers on both sides....

I agree. After losing four or five wars in a row in increasingly humiliating ways, those alliances should ackloweldge they are just failures, disband, and stop clogging the battlefield. Maybe then the capable alliances will be able to release all the potential in this game by moving from PvE into fun PvP.

I agree. After losing four or five wars in a row in increasingly humiliating ways, those alliances should ackloweldge they are just failures, disband, and stop clogging the battlefield. Maybe then the capable alliances will be able to release all the potential in this game by moving from PvE into fun PvP.

Forcing alliances to disband is quite a horrible thing to do.

• Upvote 2

Thanks. About the warchests, we try to send out just enough but we probably do have room for improvement there. People who were active requesting resources definitely get what they need.

Communism doesn't work in wartime.

^oo^
 (..)
 ()  ()
 ()__()