Election Discussion

Doktor Avalanche

I love how those things clash so much. Sandinistas tell Hillbots that Trump is a Clinton agent and they retort that no, he's a Russian agent. Trump has been how he is for a long time and some of his stances have written/video evidence going back decades so... if someone is behind him then they've certainly played a very long game. 

In reality it's a conspiracy by Vince McMahon to get Roman Reigns over in Battle of the Billionaires 2 where his new Samoan champion beats Trump's new Black champion (Big E). A new stable called "Trump's Patriots" which is made up of the New Day (who will change their names to Tom, Big Dick, and Harry to be more "white"), Rusev & Lana (Putin has connections with them so he'll get them to help Trump's boys), Darren Young & Bob Backlund (true believers in Trump), which are all lead by Seth Rollins who will change his name to Seth Trump to signify Trump's adoption of him will then be formed, beating down any who do not show loyalty to the new president.

My sources have informed me that they will first target Sami Zayn who after losing a million matches will finally get the Jihadi gimmick Vince has always wanted on him. He will then lose more matches and be buckle bomb injuried by Seth Trump. We will later be informed that Sami Zayn, or Sheik Zayn as he was known died on his way to hospital. Seth Trump won't go to jail though as his new father will give him immunity from the law.

Finally Roman will feud with them and beat them all with ease again and again to what Vince expects will be massive cheers. Sadly others are not so confident and believe even with Seth Trump and his mostly black cohorts becoming white supremacists suddenly against Roman, even the minorities in the audience will boo Roman.

I'm just checking in after two weeks. I'm telling you, Trump keeps shooting himself in the foot so often, it's frankly suspicious. How does a man who owns a billion dollar business keep committing political suicide? It's because he's doing it on purpose, it's a plan to get Hillary elected. See you in a month!

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

Good sources include

• Breitbart
  • Infowars
  • Express
  • Crunchyroll
  • Daily Mail
  • Fox News
  • Conservapedia
  • /pol/
  • Anime News Network

Most of these are credible. 

Bad sources

• BBC
  • Nytimes
  • Financial Times
  • The Economist
  • Wikipedia
  • NASA
  • ScienceDirect
  • Forbes
Edited by Donald Trump
  • Upvote 4

Good sources include

• Breitbart
  • Infowars
  • Express
  • Crunchyroll
  • Daily Mail
  • Fox News
  • Conservapedia
  • /pol/
  • Anime News Network

Bad sources

• BBC
  • Nytimes
  • Financial Times
  • The Economist
  • Wikipedia
  • NASA
  • ScienceDirect
  • Forbes

Forgetting Drudge Report.

For shame.

-signature removed for rules violation-

Good sources include

• The 7th Fortune Cookie From P.F. Chang's takehome basket
  • A cowpie reader with 50 years experience
  • Two-face's coin from the Dark Knight
  • The Elmo selling you weed on State Street
  • Words written at the bottom of your 5th bottle of Vodka
  • Fox News
  • Conservapedia
  • /pol/
  • Anime News Network (lol)

Bad sources

• Literally every other accredited newspaper.

FIFY

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

Ummmm. Mr. Icke is not another viewpoint. I totally believe that there is a war between the greys and the snakemen here on earth. The great hoax that was Word War II and the holocost makes sense.

Mr. Icke does not go far enough and should accept that Hitler was litterally Jesus.

Thanks for the recomendation though!

How I see the political media coverage:

Journalistic foreign press is more objective about America, they don't have US cable news pundit culture. The Guardian, The Independent, BBC, France24, AFP, Der Spiegel. The same goes for the non pundit wire services AP and Reuters.

In America, the big papers hire the better journalists with the better resources. It's usually as simple as that, but some names stand out and can have an independent voice (The Intercept). But the "MSM" applied to the big city papers (NYT, WSJ, LA Times, WaPo) is more label than reflective of journalistic quality.

There are also the premium publications for professionals, more expensive with more in depth reporting. Foreign Policy, The Economist, The New Yorker, National Geographic, Scientific American, American Spectator. But they don't cover as much as the MSM, because their content is much more vertical than horizontal.

The blogs that run on click-traffic predominantly are the worst. They leech off actual reporting and basically traffick in headlines and fluff piece. These are the ideologues, skewed on the right, with Breitbart, RawStory, TownHall, countless blogs.

Edited by CmdChrist
  • Upvote 1

“Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride, excess of food, and prosperous ease, but did not aid the poor and needy. They were haughty and did an abomination before me. So I removed them, when I saw it.â€

Ezekiel 16:49-50

☭

ftfy.  Snowden broke the law and is a traitor.  He tried to cover himself in a veneer of a whistle blower and many people bought it

See, I generally FAVOR whistle blowers.  If he had been this savior of the American people, as he would have you believe, then he would have taken specific files related to the project and released them and only them to Wikileaks.  That is precisely what he should have done.  He did not do that.

Here's my take on Snowden.  He did a principled thing.  The public needed to know what he shared.  What he did was a crime.  He should face a fair trial and fair punishment for the crime.  He needs to "man up" and come home and get arrested and have his day in court.  And if he gets a 25 year sentence to deter other whistle blowers, he needs to do the time.  

To the extent we're willing to call Russia an "enemy", maybe he could be tried for Treason(Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason). I think that's a bit of a stretch though.  Treason does carry the death penalty.

There are rare exceptions when it is "ok" to break the law, speaking legally.  Defending your life, defending someone else's life, and the rather vague concept of  Necessity (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Necessity).   It isn't clear if necessity applies to federal cases or not.

Duke of House Greyjoy

Good sources include

• Breitbart
  • Infowars
  • Express
  • Crunchyroll
  • Daily Mail
  • Fox News
  • Conservapedia
  • /pol/
  • Anime News Network

Bad sources

• BBC
  • Nytimes
  • Financial Times
  • The Economist
  • Wikipedia
  • NASA
  • ScienceDirect
  • Forbes

HOW COULD YOU FORGET /r/the_donald?

• Upvote 1

Duke of House Greyjoy

The closest to non-biaised information you can find, is to read both NYT and RT and find the middle spot. Which is what I actually do.

That is sorta like saying you only eat broccoli and Big Macs and are hence healthy.

I would broaden and consume a lot more from different sources. You will probably give up on the RT because it is terrible.

If you want foreign sources there are plenty that are far superior.

Not something technical, but I would copy whatever I could just because of sheer curiosity. He was already a criminal, so why not copy more?

He had unlimited access and time before if he was curious.  He worked in the server room where the data was stored.  This was not mission impossible.

The reason not to copy more is because he, theoretically and so he claims, was a patriot and cared about Muricans.  Again, real whistle blowers release the incriminating evidence only - their goal is to right a wrong not to hurt people.

This image rapidly falls apart if you steal massive amounts of data and trade it/sell it to the Russians.  This looks like a paid spy trying to justify his treason.

I can think of no technical reason to steal all the data.

What I meant was there could be other reasons for copying more other than "he was a spy". 

You're assuming that his behaviour at the time was de facto logical, when that might not be the case. It's also not unreasonable to think that he thought that, regardless of what he published - he will never be able to make his case in court. This might mean he sought to trade information with the Russians(for instance) in order to save himself. Perhaps he thought the value of the information stolen wasn't worth his life or what he initially wanted to prove.

You could also assert that, given the fact he acted illegaly, was limited in what he could do. It's possible that he quite literally had to download beyond the neccesary amount. After all, there has been quite a lot he hasn't stolen and he probably could have if you claim he intended to.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel as though these things cannot be known to us. The only people who 'know' this stuff are the people directly involved in the investigation and Snowden himself.

Regardless of whether he was a spy or not, what about the mass surveillance, the lies and deceit to the elected officials that followed? That's more interesting to me. 

He had unlimited access and time before if he was curious.  He worked in the server room where the data was stored.  This was not mission impossible.

The reason not to copy more is because he, theoretically and so he claims, was a patriot and cared about Muricans.  Again, real whistle blowers release the incriminating evidence only - their goal is to right a wrong not to hurt people.

This image rapidly falls apart if you steal massive amounts of data and trade it/sell it to the Russians.  This looks like a paid spy trying to justify his treason.

I can think of no technical reason to steal all the data.

I don't understand why it has to be a technical reason.

He could steal unrelated sensitive information to have leverage in case the government tries to punish him. And the government did. Looks like he did the rational thing?

77oKn5K.png

I don't understand why it has to be a technical reason.

He could steal unrelated sensitive information to have leverage in case the government tries to punish him. And the government did. Looks like he did the rational thing?

I do not understand the "technical reason" thing at all.  Hence my question.

Not really.  It eliminates his case that his behavior was ethical.  And he has already delivered the intel to the two parties that we want to keep it secure from.  So if his goal was to avoid punishment - completely irrational.

What I meant was there could be other reasons for copying more other than "he was a spy". 

You're assuming that his behaviour at the time was de facto logical, when that might not be the case. It's also not unreasonable to think that he thought that, regardless of what he published - he will never be able to make his case in court. This might mean he sought to trade information with the Russians(for instance) in order to save himself. Perhaps he thought the value of the information stolen wasn't worth his life or what he initially wanted to prove.

You could also assert that, given the fact he acted illegaly, was limited in what he could do. It's possible that he quite literally had to download beyond the neccesary amount. After all, there has been quite a lot he hasn't stolen and he probably could have if you claim he intended to.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel as though these things cannot be known to us. The only people who 'know' this stuff are the people directly involved in the investigation and Snowden himself.

Regardless of whether he was a spy or not, what about the mass surveillance, the lies and deceit to the elected officials that followed? That's more interesting to me. 

I am a bit lost by your argument.  So you do not mean there was a technical reason but an unknowable reason?

The technical argument favors my explanation.  He downloaded and stole the maximum amount that his device could story or close enough.

I am not and have never been a fan of mass surveillance.  That does not mean we should continue to blindly worship a treacherous spy.