TEst Declaration of War

Prefontaine

My point being: how does t$ dominate a sphere, when that same sphere contains 2 alliances that have a real shot at being 1 and 2 in the near future?

We know what you lot get up to behind closed doors.

41P%2BkjXZJlL._AC_UL160_SR160,160_.jpg

If people believe there's the good guys and the bad guys in this game, they're delusional.

I agree with the sentiment, getting truly upset in moral terms over strictly in-game actions is quite silly and taking things much too seriously. That said, I think the concept of good and bad and rhetorical grandstanding and all that have an important place in these games. On the one hand, yes, its just a game and none of this really matters. On the other hand, there is a certain role playing element in everything we do here. Some take it farther than others, but ultimately we're all pretending to be nation rulers and play at politics in our IC interactions. I think it does make things more interesting and entertaining to talk in moral or otherwise grandiose terms on an IC level. Our DoWs and most announcements, for instance, tend to be highly embellished. Most of the more recent ones I think pretend to take place in some ASoIaF setting (though that obviously isn't the setting of this world), while older ones were still grounded in the regular game world but highly played up any ideological reasons for strife. All nonsense in that none of us believed our actions or consequences have even 1/10th the magnitude we write about, but good fun nonetheless.

Part of the issue is that it can be very difficult to draw the line between what is IC and what is OOC. Personally I am quite happy that people are comfortable talking about this game as a game, and dealing with it and politics in meta terms in this forum (compared to say (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) where we'd probably all be banned by now). The flip side though, is that with people commonly posting from an OOC and IC perspective in Alliance Affairs, is the difficulty telling which is which. When people approach it in meta terms like Roq explaining his views on stagnation or whatever, its pretty obvious. But otherwise posting about hegemonies, justice, bemoaning "immoral" actions of other players and alliances, could really go either way. The fact that this is all text with no tone of voice or physical cues makes it all the worse, especially because some people do truly view the game itself in these terms and not simply as embellishment for gameplay reasons.

Edited by Mikey

Archduke Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, Lord Paramount of the Reach, Warden of the South, Breaker of Forums.

I honestly don't understand what your point is. I understand I am not autonomous in real life but I just want to see the evidence for t$ controlling BK in any capacity beyond the influence a strong ally would have.

Its just a prank bro! Given that some people really believe and post this garbage, its difficult to get across that its lighthearted banter without being able to express my tone of voice :( It was meant to be a satirically extreme (yet somehow frustratingly prevalent) take on working, also playing off the fact that t$ is a corporate themed alliance, therefore being a slave to corporate masters = being a slave to t$.

Edited by Mikey
  • Upvote 1

Archduke Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, Lord Paramount of the Reach, Warden of the South, Breaker of Forums.

... If believing it makes you feel better, then sure.  :lol:

Well considering you have been rolled twice, lost your most powerful ally, and lost over half your alliance due to internal problems, I am having trouble understanding how UPN is some great beacon of stability. And the wars you have been you have not been ready at all, implying that it wasn't even your idea to begin with. Seems to me like you guys are on Roq's wild ride and have not realized it would be best to get off yet.

• Downvote 1

I agree, Mikey, roleplay is more than fine and some players make it really interesting. What I personally don't enjoy is the salt (again, not mentioning alliances) and I seriously doubt it does any good to the game. Because there can be constructive debate without salt. Fortunately these forums tend to have that sort of debate.

I just think some people get too carried away with alliance wars tho. So what if your alliance or mine gets rekt? It's part of the game. I enjoy alliance wars immensely and I lost my 1st alliance war even tho I performed quite well. Obviously sucked to lose, but one can't enjoy AA wars if they're not prepared to lose.

And that's what I believe ultimately creates a toxic atmosphere in a few threads. No one enjoys seeing their alliance being punished, but if you can't accept it, then P&W is not for you. That's why I have a lot of respect for the people who face punishment without backing out. There's no shame in trying and losing. No shame whatsoever in my book. 

Does this shitshow really need to invade every thread? Can't we, an alliance not affiliated with either sphere, murder neutrals, again not affiliated with either sphere, without getting into a bullshit argument about sphere quality? Is nothing sacred?

No. The paper people need to talk about their paper in the paperless alliance anouncement about the outher paperless alliance they are attacking to make their paper more tempting to the paperless alliance.

• Upvote 2

Ole2.png

No. The paper people need to talk about their paper in the paperless alliance anouncement about the outher paperless alliance they are attacking to make their paper more tempting to the paperless alliance.

A generalisation that in no way represents TFP. The forum seems to be mainly inhabited by a bunch of blowhards enarmored of their own importance which is why I rarely venture here

• Upvote 4

Nay, nay.  Now that your planes are gone, we can focus solely on your ships.  You might have had a nice large navy, but what did that do to your income when you didn't need it?  Just the cost of steel alone must have been close to $16M.  Oh you'll get some damage out before we take out that fleet, but in the long run, was it really worth having?

Yup!!

• Upvote 1

A generalisation that in no way represents TFP. The forum seems to be mainly inhabited by a bunch of blowhards enarmored of their own importance which is why I rarely venture here

Im confused nothing in that quote was directed at you'r little neutral thingy. I just called you paperless cause you dont have any paper, dont se how that warrents any salt at all....

• Upvote 2

Ole2.png

Paper alliances are the worst. There is too much to burn when you have paper. Sadly, airplanes apparently do melt steel ships. What I find rather interesting is that we (The Fighting Pacifists) have dropped 30k points and are still in the top 15 alliances.Some real point disparity with the upper alliances, I guess.

That's all I've got to comment on, as ideologies are stupid to argue about as no one will change sides. Although it's really painful watching my cities drop in infrastructure. I've lost 2,252.91 infra to Wrathaz/El Commander (He was also 1000 points above me at the start of this, so that was fun.) and another 1379.26 to Evenstar/Thalmor. Feels bad man, getting hit by nations with way more cities than you have. It's what it is though. Good job TEst.

Edited by Spontane

... If believing it makes you feel better, then sure. :lol:

Eh, they clearly never been in UPN. UPN was a nice place for my 8 months.

:sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:               :sheepy:              :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy:

Greatkitteh was here.-

Im confused nothing in that quote was directed at you'r little neutral thingy. I just called you paperless cause you dont have any paper, dont se how that warrents any salt at all....

Only the first sentence was directed at your paperless comment. The second sentence was an observation on the forum as a whole. You decide for yourself which category you belong in, inane or to the point. Now greatkitteh has invaded the topic acknowledging her? contributions are shitposting. That's what i am talking about.

Only the first sentence was directed at your paperless comment. The second sentence was an observation on the forum as a whole. You decide for yourself which category you belong in, inane or to the point. Now greatkitteh has invaded the topic acknowledging her? contributions are shitposting. That's what i am talking about.

Hi, Hi!

:sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:               :sheepy:              :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy:

Greatkitteh was here.-

If everyone would just ignore GK we could get on with our own quality shit posting.

And im still tasting alot of salt in your Cool-Aid. Not sure why you would be so insulted that i basicly gave your political stance an upgrade.

Ole2.png

If everyone would just ignore GK we could get on with our own quality shit posting.

You did a good thing today

Greatkitteh was here.-

Prefontaine getting a little warmonger-ish right?

So, when are you gonna hit t$?

I take this as a CB to hit Valyria, Boss.

EDIT: Crap. Only three in range.

Edited by Lo Pan

And im still tasting alot of salt in your Cool-Aid. Not sure why you would be so insulted that i basicly gave your political stance an upgrade.

Just messing with you man. As I said

Only the first sentence was directed at your paperless comment. The second sentence was an observation on the forum as a whole.  

Forget the rest, inane wasn't even what I was originally talking about. I love a bit of debate when people are debating just for the sake of it, but there others who pontificate, thinking they are infallible like the pope. In the Dark Ages they actually had 3 competing popes at one stage - P&W has a lot more.

I love a bit of debate when people are debating just for the sake of it, but there others who pontificate, thinking they are infallible like the pope. In the Dark Ages they actually had 3 competing popes at one stage - P&W has a lot more.

Internet gaming a nation tends to create a lot of infallible doctrine and roleplay by narcissists.