Wars can be declared while snorlax is up

Ayayay

Is this working as intended?

• Upvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

• Administrators

Yes, no reason why you shouldn't be able to declare a war during the server change. Doesn't affect money, infrastructure, other things that are purchased.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Yes, no reason why you shouldn't be able to declare a war during the server change. Doesn't affect money, infrastructure, other things that are purchased.

So, you should also let us edit our nations at turn change as well then.

Edited by Malal

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=396&display=war so the fact that this nation has 4 active defensive wars has nothing to do with people dowing exactly at update and is totally another bug, right?

CYYLyIF.png

Edited by Malal
  • Upvote 4

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

That is a known bug.  When people declare within a second or so of each other you can get over the slot limit.

Sheepy, not Alex, said it would b a very rare occurrence.

lol "Yea, you get !@#$ed but it doesn't always happen so I'm not fixing it"

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Just trying to report on the tech issue and the last reply provided.

And I'm !@#$ing about sheepy's coding :v

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

• Administrators

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=396&display=war so the fact that this nation has 4 active defensive wars has nothing to do with people dowing exactly at update and is totally another bug, right?

CYYLyIF.png

Yes, I am telling you that that is completely unrelated to it being at update time.

That is a known bug.  When people declare within a second or so of each other you can get over the slot limit.

Sheepy, not Alex, said it would b a very rare occurrence.

And it has nothing to do with the update. You could do this at any time of the day, if you're lucky enough.

So, you should also let us edit our nations at turn change as well then.

No, as your Domestic Policy and Color affect your income.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Administrators

I realize that it could theoretically happen time of day. . .however, nations come off of beige at a precise time (at update) and that is when the 4+ declares are observed in actual gameplay.

Right, it makes sense that this is when everyone is trying to declare war at once. And that's all it takes for this bug - is if you declare war at the same time as someone else, and the script is executed twice, and each time when the script checks the number of wars it still says 2 because the other script hasn't finished executing yet.

But again, I insist that this has nothing to do with it being at update other than coincidence that that's when users are trying to do this at the same time. If they tried and successfully did this at 4:12 PM it would happen then. It's not related to any update scripts executing.

Forums Rules | Game Link

But if the only time this bug occurs in practice is at turn change, then it would make sense that war declarations be disabled during that time. It doesn't address the problem directly, but it eliminates it all the same. Another simple solution could be to only allow one war declaration per minute on a nation.

RollSheepy.png

• Administrators

But if the only time this bug occurs in practice is at turn change, then it would make sense that war declarations be disabled during that time. It doesn't address the problem directly, but it eliminates it all the same. Another simple solution could be to only allow one war declaration per minute on a nation.

Neither of these are going to solve the issue - if war declarations are disabled during update, wouldn't you expect folks to sit and refresh until it was up, thereby increasing the chances they do it at the same time?

Secondly, limiting war declarations to one per minute per nation won't do anything - you're already not allowed to have more than 3 defensive wars. If, when you declare (and someone else is declaring at the exact same instant) it doesn't register that someone else has already started a war, it's not going to register that another war has been declared on them within the last minute.

Forums Rules | Game Link

So clever alliances could in theory plan to try to establish 4 or more slots on some targets by very closely coordinating their timing? (Something that, I'd observe, could be done more effectively with illicit scripting...)

• Administrators

So clever alliances could in theory plan to try to establish 4 or more slots on some targets by very closely coordinating their timing? (Something that, I'd observe, could be done more effectively with illicit scripting...)

LordRahl2 is correct, with the captcha on the war declaration page, it's near impossible.

Forums Rules | Game Link

just set the script to fire after the captchas have been solved (you can solve and wait)

I donno, I have received errors before on DoWing when I had like 3 lined up and solved prior to a mass attack.  Might just be me though.

-signature removed for rules violation-

I donno, I have received errors before on DoWing when I had like 3 lined up and solved prior to a mass attack.  Might just be me though.

trying to execute on several different pages will generate errors anyway (session issues) when its the same browser

but having a script send execute commands to multiple machines after the captcha is solved but before it expires should probably work

• Administrators

trying to execute on several different pages will generate errors anyway (session issues) when its the same browser

but having a script send execute commands to multiple machines after the captcha is solved but before it expires should probably work

If you can regularly duplicate this issue, I'll set a random sleep timer on the war dec page that would solve this. But I don't think what you're suggesting is feasible.

Forums Rules | Game Link

emmmm different browsers you say?

So next war lets give this a whirl then report results to sheepy.

-signature removed for rules violation-

Neither of these are going to solve the issue - if war declarations are disabled during update, wouldn't you expect folks to sit and refresh until it was up, thereby increasing the chances they do it at the same time?

Secondly, limiting war declarations to one per minute per nation won't do anything - you're already not allowed to have more than 3 defensive wars. If, when you declare (and someone else is declaring at the exact same instant) it doesn't register that someone else has already started a war, it's not going to register that another war has been declared on them within the last minute.

1) The cases where this happens are pretty much all people sitting around and refreshing waiting for someone to come out of beige, so it wouldn't make that much of a difference. :P

2) It could make a difference. As it stands now, wars are only blocked if the game has records of three current wars. Which means that three declarations need to be processed by the server before new declarations are disabled. But if you rate-limit wars then all you need is one war to be processed in order to disable new declarations. There still is the possibility of four wars being declared so close together that not even one is processed before all four are allowed through, but that's still much less likely than two simultaneous declarations (which is all you need under the current system to get the third slot filled twice).

3) Another potential solution would be to just make the war declarations pause a random amount of time so that simultaneous requests become staggered.

4) Or, instead of all that (or in addition to it), just get faster servers. :P

RollSheepy.png

But if you rate-limit wars then all you need is one war to be processed in order to disable new declarations. 

But that doesn't solve anything? 60 seconds later a ton of people would be back competing for the second slot. 60 seconds after that a bunch of people would be competing for the third slot - and maybe two of them would declare at the same instant and both get slots. 

I've only seen 4 defensive war slots happen twice ever. It's just crazy unlikely luck. It could still happen even with annoying delays and timers. It's not a problem unless people find methods of exploiting it in my opinion.