Capatchas are excessively frequent

fdas

Unfortunately your woes will fall on deaf ears. We've brought this up multiple times. The first thing P&W greeted me with today was a captcha.

"Experience demands that man is the only animal which devours his own kind, for I can apply no milder term to the general prey of the rich on the poor."

• 1 month later...

Worst part of Captcha is this...

Select munitions

Enter price

Enter quanity

Hit buy

Click stupid captcha checkbox

Hit Submit

Back to empty page..food, no price no quantity.

Can't you put &product=Munitions&price=841&quanity=732 in the URL for the captcha page and when you redirect me to the buy page, read those values back?

• Upvote 1

Duke of House Greyjoy

I've waited awhile to post about captchas because I wanted to learn the community first.

I remain uncertain if trading bots are effectively mitigated by captchas, but I know that baseball bots / recruitment bots aren't. Would it be a stretch to conclude that captchas aren't effective at mitigating bot usage?

If they aren't effective, leaving them in the game only serves to punish normal players.

Worst part of Captcha is this...

Select munitions

Enter price

Enter quanity

Hit buy

Click stupid captcha checkbox

Hit Submit

Back to empty page..food, no price no quantity.

Can't you put &product=Munitions&price=841&quanity=732 in the URL for the captcha page and when you redirect me to the buy page, read those values back?

I currently don't have much of a problem with captchas despite trading very frequently but this change would be so helpful.

I don't know much about baseball but actually now that I think about it lessening the amount of captchas on trading pages would make little difference in how trading scripts work, given that most of them read the API rather than the actual trading page *cough* TKR *cough*

Edited by hidude45454

What do you do that you experience excessive captchas? You hardly even play the game. :P

On this account he doesn't.

☾☆

Priest of Dio

just because the Nazis did something doesn't mean it's automatically wrong